This Day In Sneaker History: Iverson Steps Over Tyronn Lue in 2001 NBA Finals

most viewed right now
 160
Image(s) inside Drake Spoke Way Too Soon
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 100
Pusha T tweets about “duppy freestyle”
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 93
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are California’s Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
17 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 84
Image(s) inside Drakes sends invoice to Def Jam via IG!
184 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
KillahPlaya420 
space
space
space
$1,323 | Props total: 133 133
man, everybody talking about them re-leasing this sh*t...jeez...these motherfu*kka's need to come out, because i never had a pair
 7 years ago '05        #42
astroblack9 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,043 | Props total: 137 137
A.I = Greatest to never win it???

Seriously

n*ggas have the shortest memories ever
 7 years ago '05        #43
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$40,630 | Props total: 10666 10666
man i remember that sh*t like it was yesterday, one of my favorite sports moments ever

that night...if allen wanted to fu*k my girl, i would of let em
 7 years ago '05        #44
darick 
space
space
space
$387 | Props total: 319 319
That was a great moment in NBA playoff history but alot of people pipe riding Lue Lol really? He gota ring cuz he was lucky to sign with the Lakers how much did he contirbute to that? Look at what he did after he left the lakers. Its like yall saying yall rather be a bum and get ur a.ss bust on tvto win a chip lol. Yall got low standards and you act like Lue was satisfied with being a bench warmer most of his carreer. Iver son had good run and took over the league for some years. For I verson todo what he did at his size is amazing and no one else his size was able to do that. He never had a fair shot to win a ring cuz philly never put him with another good scorer
 7 years ago '06        #45
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 44Caliber said:

Lue wasnt doing anything but holding Iverson the whole game. everytime AI tried to go off a screen or anything Lue would grab his jersey or shorts or something. So that move was a statement telling Lue that he couldnt hold AI. Plus I think AI had like 27 in that game so he wasnt doing that good of a job.
He made it difficult for him to get the ball and score. And then he kept him under his average. Come on dude, he sh*tted on Tyron Lue. A dude that made me believe I could play in the league.

They won one game that series because A.I. played out of his mind. Big whoop!
 7 years ago '09        #46
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$38,251 | Props total: 23803 23803
 2nd2none said:
alot of people admitting they don't mind getting their hoe card pulled
 7 years ago '06        #47
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 darick said:
That was a great moment in NBA playoff history but alot of people pipe riding Lue Lol really? He gota ring cuz he was lucky to sign with the Lakers how much did he contirbute to that? Look at what he did after he left the lakers. Its like yall saying yall rather be a bum and get ur a.ss bust on tvto win a chip lol. Yall got low standards and you act like Lue was satisfied with being a bench warmer most of his carreer. Iver son had good run and took over the league for some years. For I verson todo what he did at his size is amazing and no one else his size was able to do that. He never had a fair shot to win a ring cuz philly never put him with another good scorer
Yall ain't getting it. Lue did what he did for the team. Everybody knows he fu*king sucks...BUT he contributed to a championship. That should be enough. Fact is, his play in that series got him a huge contract for a player of his caliber.

A.I. is one of the greatest players to ever play the game and he stepped over a scrub in a series losing effort.
 7 years ago '05        #48
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$40,630 | Props total: 10666 10666
 hood135 said:
He made it difficult for him to get the ball and score. And then he kept him under his average. Come on dude, he sh*tted on Tyron Lue. A dude that made me believe I could play in the league.

They won one game that series because A.I. played out of his mind. Big whoop!
fu*k you talking about he kept allen under his average? do you REALLY remember that series
 7 years ago '06        #49
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Laker fans ride for ours...Fish had his back


[video - click to view]

 7 years ago '06        #50
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 StateProperty88 said:
fu*k you talking about he kept allen under his average? do you REALLY remember that series
fu*k are you talking about? Buddy said that A.I. had 27 in that game. A.I. was averaging like 32 or 33 points in the playoffs that year.

32 vs 27

 7 years ago '05        #51
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$40,630 | Props total: 10666 10666
 hood135 said:
fu*k are you talking about? Buddy said that A.I. had 27 in that game. A.I. was averaging like 32 or 33 points in the playoffs that year.

32 vs 27

yeah theres only one problem with what your saying...

AI didnt have 27 that game
 7 years ago '09        #52
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$67,313 | Props total: 13542 13542
This step over Lue moment was/is the biggest example ever of winning the battle but losing the war


That n*gga out there picking on Lue and got his dunked on by Derek Fisher later in the series. Where is that clip at:dancingcool:
 7 years ago '09        #53
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$67,313 | Props total: 13542 13542
edit: Just actually read the thread and saw somebody posted it.
 7 years ago '06        #54
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 StateProperty88 said:
yeah theres only one problem with what your saying...

AI didnt have 27 that game
Yeah my bad for not fact check old buddy. I do remember that series enough to know that Lue did his part. A.I. didn't just brush him off like a little bi*ch. He was torching the sh*t out of Fish in game 1. Lue stepped up and did a better job than Fish. Then the Lakers gave him a different look with Kobe guarding him some.

Yall can say what yall want and nit pick about the numbers all yall want, the fact of the matter is, A.I. sh*tted on a nobody on the way to a L and Lue got paid after it.

It was a good play but it wasn't the defining moment that everybody is trying to make it be.
 7 years ago '05        #55
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$40,630 | Props total: 10666 10666
 hood135 said:
Yeah my bad for not fact check old buddy. I do remember that series enough to know that Lue did his part. A.I. didn't just brush him off like a little bi*ch. He was torching the sh*t out of Fish in game 1. Lue stepped up and did a better job than Fish. Then the Lakers gave him a different look with Kobe guarding him some.

Yall can say what yall want and nit pick about the numbers all yall want, the fact of the matter is, A.I. sh*tted on a nobody on the way to a L and Lue got paid after it.

It was a good play but it wasn't the defining moment that everybody is trying to make it be.
it was a defining moment for allen...that was the furthest he ever ended up getting and thats the only loss the lakers had that playoffs. dude poured his heart out that series even when us fans knew this mountain would be insurmountable

the dude had the team and the city on his back, that game one was clearly a defining moment, of course it wouldnt be in your eyes because you're a lakers fan and your moment was winning it, but i dont see how you can say that game and that basket wasnt a defining moment for allen
 7 years ago '06        #56
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 StateProperty88 said:
it was a defining moment for allen...that was the furthest he ever ended up getting and thats the only loss the lakers had that playoffs. dude poured his heart out that series even when us fans knew this mountain would be insurmountable

the dude had the team and the city on his back, that game one was clearly a defining moment, of course it wouldnt be in your eyes because you're a lakers fan and your moment was winning it, but i dont see how you can say that game and that basket wasnt a defining moment for allen

I retract that statement and respect what he did in that series and what he did over his career with the Sixers. I do see it as a defining moment for him.

Dudes sh*tting on Tyron like he didn't mean anything to that championship run though. I had to let them know that what he did helped us win a championship that year. That play fired our team up and we never looked back.
 06-17-2011, 09:51 AM         #57
factorx3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of my favorite nba moments ever
 7 years ago '05        #58
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$40,630 | Props total: 10666 10666
 hood135 said:
I retract that statement and respect what he did in that series and what he did over his career with the Sixers. I do see it as a defining moment for him.

Dudes sh*tting on Tyron like he didn't mean anything to that championship run though. I had to let them know that what he did helped us win a championship that year. That play fired our team up and we never looked back.
its a team sport...he pulled his weight to get yall a ring.
 7 years ago '06        #59
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 SkateboardT said:

[pic - click to view]





yeah but we're talking about iverson...

god I love bx...everybody thinks that they gotta take shots even when its like this fool who convinces himself we're talking sh*t on the lakers.

we're talking about a sick iverson cross, not how sh*tty the lakers are.
Tyron Lue contributed to a championship as a member of the most storied franchise in NBA history. There are Laker fans on this board who will prop the play but will not let people sh*t on Laker players and their contributions at anyone's expense.

A.I. fans will remember the play. Laker fans will remember the series. Nothing to see here.
 06-17-2011, 10:13 AM         #60
onepiecex3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Allen Iverson the Great.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside May 24 - Millennials born in 1980s may never recover from the Great Re..
70 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 32
I will marry this woman for real.
125 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
FAMILY GUY Ă— "Peter Becomes A Millennial"
34 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
May 23 - Milwaukee Teen (15) brutally tortured, stabbed and burned over stolen..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside NBA YoungBoy Hitta Whippin that Draco like John Wick
62 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Ignorance is bliss to foolish hoodrats
184 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Ring Doorbell Test
12 comments
2 days ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy