Audi, BMW or Mercedes?

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '05        #21
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
Different dealerships charge differently...no one should be paying $120 for an oil change LMAO
 6 years ago '11        #22
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
If the car is out of warranty, German cars are generally going to cost significantly more than non-German cars.
 6 years ago '05        #23
Baller4life2321 
space
space
$178 | Props total: 2 2
BMW...just do research on make and model you want and see what future problems will come up and what mileage.
 6 years ago '04        #24
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,270 | Props total: 1037 1037
Out of those 3 BMW will be the most expensive to repair. They dont call them (B)roke (M)an (W)heels for a reason.

I own an Audi and Benz, and I have 2 older german cars. A 95 s class and 96 A6 quattro. I can tell you up front as others have said german luxury cars are expensive to repair period if something breaks. When I got my Audi I had to do the timing belt and waterpump since the car had 120k when I got it. That set me back $1400 right off the back and this is basically labor since with the Audi they have to take the whole front end off to change it to get to the timing belt, theres no space in front given how they place the motor. Other then that ive had no problems with my Audi and its approaching 140k now.

My Benz was doing good until it developed an oil leak, from my reading and based on the engine I have I was told this is a common problem with 320's or i6 engines of this era, they develop a headgasket leak which can cost about 1500 to fix im told. I havent put it in the shop so I dont know if it is a headgasket leak or not, could be an oil pan leak which would be MUCH cheaper to fix then a headgasket. Oh my benz has 168k and looks very good given its age. German quality cant be matched by any other nation that builds cars. There quality is highest which is why they have high resale value.

Either way, if you dont have the money to repair them DONT buy none of them. Get a lexus instead since its nothing but rebadge toyota or a acura. One of them fake luxury cars that arent much higher to fix then there cheaper siblings.

Oh guess which car is the cheapest to fix that I own. My old 93 camaro z28. I can do the repairs on that thing myself (still a pita) but its simple fix.
 06-23-2011, 12:06 AM         #25
KingNick305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There all going to be pretty much the same in mantinence, HIGH.
 6 years ago '04        #26
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
i dont like vw
 6 years ago '05        #27
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,497 | Props total: 1358 1358
i own a Bimmer so i say BMW M serise or if you have to Mercedes AMG
fu*k Audi, bunch of c*ck driving f*ggots!
yeah i said it!
 06-25-2011, 01:08 AM         #28
paliknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nobody said:
Out of those 3 BMW will be the most expensive to repair. They dont call them (B)roke (M)an (W)heels for a reason.

I own an Audi and Benz, and I have 2 older german cars. A 95 s class and 96 A6 quattro. I can tell you up front as others have said german luxury cars are expensive to repair period if something breaks. When I got my Audi I had to do the timing belt and waterpump since the car had 120k when I got it. That set me back $1400 right off the back and this is basically labor since with the Audi they have to take the whole front end off to change it to get to the timing belt, theres no space in front given how they place the motor. Other then that ive had no problems with my Audi and its approaching 140k now.

My Benz was doing good until it developed an oil leak, from my reading and based on the engine I have I was told this is a common problem with 320's or i6 engines of this era, they develop a headgasket leak which can cost about 1500 to fix im told. I havent put it in the shop so I dont know if it is a headgasket leak or not, could be an oil pan leak which would be MUCH cheaper to fix then a headgasket. Oh my benz has 168k and looks very good given its age. German quality cant be matched by any other nation that builds cars. There quality is highest which is why they have high resale value.

Either way, if you dont have the money to repair them DONT buy none of them. Get a lexus instead since its nothing but rebadge toyota or a acura. One of them fake luxury cars that arent much higher to fix then there cheaper siblings.

Oh guess which car is the cheapest to fix that I own. My old 93 camaro z28. I can do the repairs on that thing myself (still a pita) but its simple fix.

LOL, no offense man but thats completely false. they actually have the lowest resale value for the exact reasons listed above. when they are out of warranty, they cost an arm and a leg to repair. a clutch on a 2010 audi A4 cost around 2500k and 1200 to install. a clutch on any japanese car cost around 200-300 and probably another 300 to install lol.

Japanese cars are known to hold the highest resale value. honda, nissan, toyota, and subarus hold the highest resale values. BMW's, Benz's and Audi's hold the lowest.

if the OP is worried about maintenance costs, i would recommend either a japanese car or a Hyundai.

EDIT: also, i dont know about german quality being the best since german cars, specially audi's and VW's with their electrical problems, have major issues with high mileage. german engineering is the best (as far as engines go), but their reliability isnt as high as japanese cars.

Last edited by paliknight; 06-25-2011 at 01:12 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #29
JayR04 112 heat pts112
space
space
$10,946 | Props total: 5706 5706
 paliknight said:
LOL, no offense man but thats completely false. they actually have the lowest resale value for the exact reasons listed above. when they are out of warranty, they cost an arm and a leg to repair. a clutch on a 2010 audi A4 cost around 2500k and 1200 to install. a clutch on any japanese car cost around 200-300 and probably another 300 to install lol.

3 year residual for my maxima is like 60%. bimmers and audis be like high 40% to low 50%
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
26 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
126 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago