Vancouver fans taking over the city after game 7 loss!!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #1
8199 pageviews
167 comments

TrueBlueStar21 1 heat pts
space
space
$408 | Props total: 5 5
Vancouver fans taking over the city after game 7 loss!!

[pic - click to view]

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/ .. 355#clip485355

watch the riot live..

Canadiens are fu*kin retarded lol imageimage

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

167 comments for "Vancouver fans taking over the city after game 7 loss!!"

7 years ago '10        #2
TrueBlueStar21 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Young people unhappy about the Canucks' loss to the Boston Bruins in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final broke windows at The Bay on Georgia Street and rioters were looting merchandise from the store from the Seymour Street side.

Rioters danced around a burning van outside the store, tossing bottles into the blaze to create small explosions. A BMW was set on fire nearby, and an apparently drunken man jumped straight into the flames, falling back seemingly unscathed.

Police officers on horseback moved into the riot area outside the store to clear out crowds shortly after the looting began.

Eyewitnesses told CTV News that an angry mob had flipped over a police car near the intersection of Nelson and Granville streets, and that rioters were smashing windows at a pizza place nearby.

Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson issued a statement condemning the rioters, calling the situation "disappointing."

"Vancouver is a world-class city and it is embarrassing and shameful to see the type of violence and disorder we've seen tonight," the mayor said.

"It is unfortunate that a small number of people intent on criminal activity have turned pockets of the downtown into areas involving destruction of property and confrontations with police."

Vancouver Police Const. Lindsey Houghton told CTV News that the crowd downtown Wednesday likely exceeded 100,000, but he said that only a small minority were responsible for the widespread damage.

"The majority of people are still in good spirits," he said.

"It's unfortunate that we've seen that group of people in downtown Vancouver trying to cause trouble."

The Vancouver Police Department called in backup from nearby RCMP detachments to help control the riots, and the Cambie and Burrard street bridges were shut down to keep people out of the downtown area.

TransLink announced shortly after 9:30 p.m. that it was shutting down all bus service in downtown Vancouver, although SkyTrain and SeaBus were still running to take people out of the riot area.

Smoke from burning dumpsters and cars choked the city skies and rioters smashed windows at the Bay on Granville Street and at the Bank of Montreal branch at the intersection of Georgia and Homer streets.

As soon as the final whistle blew in the game, young men in the Georgia Street fan zone began setting off firecrackers, shouting "F*** Boston" and setting Bruins gear on fire.

Fans flipped a car out front of the post office on Georgia Street and turned over another truck nearby after the Canucks were trounced 4-0 in the final game. Another car was set on fire.

Other angry fans held signs reading "Riot 2011" and burned homemade Stanley Cups as the pandemonium spread through the downtown core. Some rioters flipped portable toilets, and there were early reports of head injuries as fist f!ghts broke out throughout the downtown area.

A ctvbc.ca reader sent in a photo of a man in a Bruins jersey lying on Georgia Street, blood streaming from his face.

Riot police converged on the downtown area, setting off tear gas in some cases, but upset fans were throwing beer bottles and shoes at their plastic shields.

Before the game was even over, officers had restrained a teenager shouting "Let's break windows" outside of the London Drugs at the intersection of Granville and Georgia streets.

Over at the MAC Cosmetics store on Robson Street, staff members were boarding up windows just to be safe.

The scene downtown bears unsettling similarities to the 1994 riots, when drunken Vancouver fans took to the streets after a Game 7 loss to the New York Rangers.
 7 years ago '07        #3
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
rioting after a loss.. Its stupid to riot first of all but they got this over miami fans.. they celebrate with the winners
 7 years ago '07        #4
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
but again fu*king idiots... destroying your own beautiful city
 7 years ago '05        #5
Clutch City Kid 139 heat pts139
space
space
$28,367 | Props total: 28798 28798
crazy fu*ks
 7 years ago '05        #6
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
We all ain't like that
This sh*t is dumb, idiots rioting, some people need to grow the fu*k up. Most mothafu*kas in BC to high off BC bud to be rioting, but some of these idiots making BC look bad

Small group of nuckleheads smh, trying to bust into sears and chapters big building. So many windows smashed, smh.

Last edited by katalist; 06-16-2011 at 12:56 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #7
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
@ the sh*t Im watching on that live stream...wow
 7 years ago '04        #8
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,754 | Props total: 97 97
hey if everybody was allowed to smoke weed outside during the game instead of drinking it would be a different outcome.
 7 years ago '05        #9
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 ggfresh said:
hey if everybody was allowed to smoke weed outside during the game instead of drinking it would be a different outcome.
Smoking some AAA Pink Kush and Ubc Chemo just shaking my head at these idiots

Small % of the population of Vancouver and BC that are doing this sh*t, but still makes us look bad. Wish everyone had access to compassion clubs haha, would be to chill to riot or loot.
 7 years ago '05        #10
space
space
^^^^ i do feel that... thanx for this link, its my entertainment for a lil bit out here in the pacific time zone... my neighbors to the north are wildin right now... i already know its not like that normally!!!! been there too many times, had too many good times!!! lol... damn shame
 7 years ago '04        #11
jake_starrz 
space
space
$978 | Props total: 0 0
damn no matter where u go, theres stupid n*ggas everywhere. these people are fu*king scum of the earth.
 7 years ago '05        #12
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 Clutch City Kid said:
^^^^ i do feel that... thanx for this link, its my entertainment for a lil bit out here in the pacific time zone... my neighbors to the north are wildin right now... i already know its not like that normally!!!! been there too many times, had too many good times!!! lol... damn shame
Yeah this is gross, some of the small time stores being busted into and looted are people's stores that I know, this makes me feel sick

I am embaresed to be honest
 7 years ago '10        #13
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
so Vancouver Fans need to meet Heat fans, and breed, then they would have the perfect fan who just goes home after the loss and reflects on it, doesnt go out celebrating and doesnt break sh*t
 7 years ago '05        #14
space
space
^^^ thats actually kinda funny
 7 years ago '05        #15
space
space
 katalist said:
Yeah this is gross, some of the small time stores being busted into and looted are people's stores that I know, this makes me feel sick

I am embaresed to be honest

My homeboy from Port Moody is out there right now, he is trying to find his boys so he can get out... saying its hella hard to find a bus to get anywhere... lots of people are just hopping on any bus jus to get out of town... this aint cool at all
 7 years ago '05        #16
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
 Clutch City Kid said:
My homeboy from Port Moody is out there right now, he is trying to find his boys so he can get out... saying its hella hard to find a bus to get anywhere... lots of people are just hopping on any bus jus to get out of town... this aint cool at all
SMH @ all the people at ST. Pauls hospital from the stabbings and beatings
I spent 3 weeks in that place, they prolly just overflooded right now, thanks to these idiots

I don't think many busses or anything working right now, hope your homeboy gets out ok. My cousin got out ok, they had parked way away from downtown thankfully. He said a group of japanese and mexican dudes were f!ghting, few stabbings

Its hockey people, come o.. this is sickening
No class some of these bums, not even real hockey fans, just wanna be tough guys
 7 years ago '06        #17
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '10        #18
TrueBlueStar21 1 heat pts OP
space
space
u gotta give it to the police tho.. real patient.. if this happened in the states the officer would be blastin these ppl over their heads with batons
 7 years ago '05        #19
space
space
 katalist said:
SMH @ all the people at ST. Pauls hospital from the stabbings and beatings
I spent 3 weeks in that place, they prolly just overflooded right now, thanks to these idiots

I don't think many busses or anything working right now, hope your homeboy gets out ok. My cousin got out ok, they had parked way away from downtown thankfully. He said a group of japanese and mexican dudes were f!ghting, few stabbings

Its hockey people, come o.. this is sickening
No class some of these bums, not even real hockey fans, just wanna be tough guys

Yeah, lots of stabbings it looks like... they were just saying someone was asking for medical help from a new stabbing... the police are moving some people out, but once they get to that big group by chapters those ppl might not want to move so easily... we might actually see sum minor violence from the police if this escalates... they pumpin out more tear gas now!!!!
 7 years ago '06        #20
thugged 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$2,139 | Props total: 536 536
just got home after that sh*t..sh*t was unreal..cars on fire, riots, tear gas

we have one of the most beautiful cities, i mean yea we lost big ups to boston they outplayed us but man vancouver has more class than this
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy