Hall Of Famer Rick Barry "All of LeBron James’ Coaches Should be Ashamed of Themselves"

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
234 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
157 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #101
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 Bautmoney!™ said:
I'm not defending Lebron, I'm co-signing Rick Barry... I said it when Lebron was in Cleveland that with Mike Brown as a coach he will go no where, when he decided to go to Miami I said with Spoelstra he wont win sh*t....

As far as Lebrons arrogance thats because he is allowed to carry on with that behavior, like I said a head coach like the ones I named will change his approach to the game, and will humble him down..

I'm actually through defending Lebron because he isnt who I thought he was.. I thought he was that guy, and maybe he will become that guy over time, but at the moment hes just one of the top guys.. the throne for best NBA player is still vacant..
so maturity problems in a player aren't the players' fault?

i KIND OF agree with you on the play calling points you've been making, that coach has to realize that LeBron doesn't need to be taking that shot at the buzzer

but if the coach is pulling the ball out of his star player's hands and giving it to his role players and it doesn't work out, he's getting sh*t from the press / fans for not trusting his superstar

now, that's not the coach's fault OR the player's fault, and you're just going to say 'well, the coach is supposed to want to win no matter what' and i agree with that as well, but it's not some rec-league, it's the NBA....

if LeBron scores 30ppg in a free-agent year, but doesn't get past the 2nd round because he couldn't hit clutch shots, he'll have a new contract........if Spoelstra wins 60 games, but doesn't get past the second because he decided to give the ball to Chalmers instead of LeBron and Chalmers didn't hit clutch shots, he'll be finding a new job

as far as the rest of the thread goes

i have this same argument with one of my friends

LeBron is athletic as fu*k, but he doesn't have hardly ANY fundamentals because he never needed them.....

dude was talking about being in the gym helping LeBron throw 'no-look' passes, and i have two problems with that statement

1) a 'no-look' pass isn't when you look at dude you're going to pass to, telegraph the sh*t out of it, then turn your head a different way as you throw the ball.......it's when you make a pass using your peripheral vision

2) LeBron is a good passer because he's been passing his entire career, and i mean 'career' in the sense of 'the entire time he's been playing'

the dude just likes to pass the ball, which is a GREAT characteristic to have, but when you're 6'8 and you've been running point-forward since you were 13-14 years old, if you CAN'T pass by the time you're his age, there's something wrong

the reason he's a good passer is because he's up higher than the dude who can defend the passes he throws

the reason he's such an effective player is because of his physical attributes, not because of his skill

if you're quick enough to stop his penetration, pause, you're probably too small to do anything about it if you make a mistake

if you're big enough to make up for the mistake you might make in stopping his penetration, pause, you're probably too slow to stop it consistently anyway

when you get the rare guy that's big enough to be able to gamble cause he can recover from it if LeBron gets a step on him but still quick enough to stay in front of him consistently, LeBron can't do sh*t because (like Berry said) his entire game is based off taking dudes off the dribble and he can't shoot the pull-up jumper consistently

if i'm starting up a run-and-gun team, the only guy i'm taking over him is Durant, and that's only cause i feel like Durant has a more complete game and could help in other areas........there's not really a better player to have in transition offense than LeBron James

but that's the only type of team that he's the best choice for

he's the third best ALL-AROUND player from his draft and isn't a top 5 ALL-AROUND player in the league right now

Last edited by daliff89; 06-17-2011 at 02:58 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #102
KingKobraAtlant 
space
space
$1,010 | Props total: 99 99
 Hovi Bryant said:
LeBron is a above average shooter, the only thing he lacks is a post game imo. Y'all over exaggerate with the hate.
You over exaggerate with riding him. No one is giving hate. Tell me when did Lebron develop a jumper? This is the real problem. Lebron Stans across America wants to make him Mr. Perfect.
 6 years ago '04        #103
futurexclusives 4 heat pts
space
space
$649 | Props total: 15 15
heat hire phil jackson
 06-17-2011, 06:10 AM         #104
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bart Pimpson said:
n*gga loving off talent & no real basketball skills

no post game

no mid-range game

no consistent jumpshot

cant play great without the ball
Word
Question is tho, can he get better at these things at this point in his career?
Yeah he's 26 or whatever but bein' in the league 8 joints & not touchin on them sh1ts early?
Lazy
 6 years ago '05        #105
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
Give some credit to the Mavs Defense. The zone eliminated his most lethal weapon which is his driving ability. Remember they also shut down Bryant and Durant!
 6 years ago '09        #106
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,266 | Props total: 1376 1376
 Cambury said:
if you didnt have access to the numbers but you had to choose between Melo and Bron to take a shot or your favorite cousin will get shot in the foot, who would you choose?
I'd choose LeBron because he's better at everything than Carmelo...
 6 years ago '09        #107
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
 KingKobraAtlant said:
You over exaggerate with riding him. No one is giving hate. Tell me when did Lebron develop a jumper? This is the real problem. Lebron Stans across America wants to make him Mr. Perfect.
He's been a better or just as good shooter from mid range as Carmelo Anthony for the past 3 seasons..

He's been a better or just as good shooter from mid range as Kevin Durant the past two seasons

He's been a better or just as good shooter from mid range as Kobe Bryant the past two seasons..

and mid range is these guys' money area..

Perception on boxden is reality....and your perception is wrong.

Last edited by xRapHeadx; 06-17-2011 at 07:19 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #108
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
xrapheadx came through and crushed the buildings. close this sh*t up
 6 years ago '05        #109
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,022 | Props total: 537 537
 O_nasty said:
he refuses to be coached

not their fault
i agree he has playede his whole career off of natural ability as a coach there is no way i would have a guy that talented allowing himself to to play as second best ... like they lost the series and he was ok with losing ...he should have been doing what bosh did... bosh played his game ... wade played his game .. james kinda had that fu*k it face... if u play back the closing moment you will see wade and bosh look like they wanted to piece up lebron...

he dont want to be coached imo and if he was more willing to learn from a team than say i need to work on my individual game he would see that ring.. he has been 2 the dance on several occasions now and this is the year you see its not any of the excuses that have been made its lebron james
 6 years ago '07        #110
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 xRapHeadx said:
I'd choose LeBron because he's better at everything than Carmelo...
You dontyou just changed the whole question in that answer but I understand...
 6 years ago '07        #111
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 xRapHeadx said:
He's been a better or just as good shooter from mid range as Carmelo Anthony for the past 3 seasons..

He's been a better or just as good shooter from mid range as Kevin Durant the past two seasons

He's been a better or just as good shooter from mid range as Kobe Bryant the past two seasons..

and mid range is these guys' money area..

Perception on boxden is reality....and your perception is wrong.
is there anything wrong with Lebron? Or is he perfect? You perception please
 06-17-2011, 09:19 AM         #112
rhymetyme88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo....smiley this rick barry zoolander haha
 6 years ago '07        #113
KingKobraAtlant 
space
space
$1,010 | Props total: 99 99
 Cambury said:
You hit it right on the nail. Stans see no wrong in Lebron.
 6 years ago '09        #114
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
 Cambury said:
You dontyou just changed the whole question in that answer but I understand...
He's a better shooter than Carmelo Anthony. I'd choose him in any made up situation over Melo.
 6 years ago '09        #115
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
 Cambury said:
You see, you don't know how to properly criticize someone's game. Most of the things LeBron gets criticized for are things he does well, but if someone continually says he can't shoot or post up or isn't clutch, people start to take it as fact.
LeBron's weaknesses:
Very loose handle and turnover prone.(3rd in the league in turnovers)
Plays in modes of pass or shoot.
Effort comes and goes on defense.
Almost Kobe like in his confidence to hit tough shots.
Is not a good catch and shoot guy.
Does not adjust to traps well. He doesn't have the elite change of direction skills like Wade to cut through a show on a PnR and get into the lane.
Way too ball dominant.
Just isn't aggressive enough on offense.

I like LeBron, but it was almost his fault entirely that they lost the series.
 6 years ago '08        #116
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,103 | Props total: 23318 23318
I like that Bron needs to step his game and get in the gym now. Where was this "he still needs to develop a jumpshot" talk when he was bodying the Bulls?
 6 years ago '10        #117
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
 Legit1 said:
People in here saying Wade has a better Jumper than LeBron
not a lie
 6 years ago '07        #118
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 xRapHeadx said:
You see, you don't know how to properly criticize someone's game. Most of the things LeBron gets criticized for are things he does well, but if someone continually says he can't shoot or post up or isn't clutch, people start to take it as fact.
LeBron's weaknesses:
Does not adjust to traps well. He doesn't have the elite change of direction skills like Wade to cut through a show on a PnR and get into the lane.
Way too ball dominant.

so you think he is perfect skill wise just has some mental sh*t that he should overcome...

I used to be a Lebron fan but never to the extent where I felt like dude was perfect, I think you depend too much on stats. The turnovers aren't a problem because he scores and gets a.ssist the problem is he turns it over in the playoffs big games at a rate that is ridiculous
 6 years ago '06        #119
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 Arson said:
I like that Bron needs to step his game and get in the gym now. Where was this "he still needs to develop a jumpshot" talk when he was bodying the Bulls?
And Celtics
 6 years ago '10        #120
BEAST7 1 heat pts
space
space
$459 | Props total: 74 74
 xRapHeadx said:
LeBron's weaknesses:
Way too ball dominant.

well to be honest the reasons why people say its lebron's fault is bc he didnt play up to his capabilities
for the past 2 seasons he's lost at cleveland its bc he doesnt hv enough pieces. in MIA he did, he just didnt play up to his usual self
that being said he is the Point Forward, he doesnt have loose handle and having a lot of turnover's does not mean you have "loose" handle it means most of the time your handling the ball and making the decisions. most of the people who have the highest t.o's actually are the guards with the most a.ssist, does that mean they have loose handle?
and while argue for lbj the thing is that he isnt cluth
he doesn't post (not saying he has to)
and like i said he is an above average mid range shooter
saying he shoots better than kobe, d wade, melo, or kevin durant is crazy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
124 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy