Hall Of Famer Rick Barry "All of LeBron James’ Coaches Should be Ashamed of Themselves"

most viewed right now
 70
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 32
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 Bautmoney!™ said:
Your wrong... Its not about how much money is made, its about the desire to win. If a coach has a strong desire to win, he does whats best for the team, and if thats benchinig your super star player its what you have to do... These players get paid to perform at optimum levels, its the coaches responsibility to understand his players talents and exploit it. Lebron being one of the top 5 players in the league and then dealing with young head coaches he does what he wants..

if Lebron had a Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Greg Pop, Jerry Sloan as a head coach he would be ten times the player he is now...

It all comes down to coaching.. Look at these last 3 years in Lebrons playoff failures.. 3 years ago the lost to Orlando, there were 0 adjustments made from game to game.. They didnt defend the 3 point line, and they got torched.. next series a Lakers team coached by Phil Jackson... shut that 3 point shot down for Orlando and won the title.. 1 simple adjustment to guard the 3 point line..wasnt in Mike Browns game plan, and he is suppose to be a defensive coach.

Same thing last year in the Boston Series, The Celtics were swarming Bron making him pass and shut down the other guys.. It worked, Mike Brown again made no adjustments to the game plan..

And this year in the Finals.. Lebron struggling, Wade struggling (the last 2 games), Bosh is cooking.. Dirk is guarding Bosh, he didnt force the ball to Bosh so he could pick up fouls on Dirk.. Jason Kidd, Barrea, and Shawn Marion all inferior aged athletes guarding Lebron.. There were no clearouts so lebron could r*pe kidd.. Look at Game 5 when Lebron shoot 2 jump shots from deep in a 2 point ball game, Jason kidd comes down hits a 3, 5 point ball game, Jason Terry hits another 3, 8 point game... And now is when they clear out, and Lebron goes to the rack for 2 with like 3 dribbles..

It is all about coaching.. Its not his lack of fundamentals that k!ll his game, Lebron lacks the proper mentor to teach him the game... He doesnt know how to close out a game now.. which is ironic because when Lebron was in Cleveland there first couple playoff years, their MO was to keep games close, and Lebron would take over in the 4th, Idk why it doesnt work any more.
as far as everything else you said none of those coaches would wanna coach him, Phil Jackson has been quoted saying as much...
And i love when people talk about clearouts like its that simple in the pros, what is an isolation going to do if Lebron cant shoot???
 06-16-2011, 09:30 AM         #62
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
as far as everything else you said none of those coaches would wanna coach him, Phil Jackson has been quoted saying as much...
And i love when people talk about clearouts like its that simple in the pros, what is an isolation going to do if Lebron cant shoot???
Lebrons, speed, explosiveness, jumping ability... can be matched by none at the moment.. A Isolation for Lebron is 2 points for his team.. Nobody can stop Lebron going to the basket.. Isolation creates space on the floor for the other guys.. So if Lebron is isolated, and Lebron being a willing passer the player that collapse to try to close the paint on Lebron, Lebron will feed that open man.. And if they guard him 1 on 1 on the ISO, hes going to yam it on somebody.

This all comes from a coach understanding his players talents.. If fu*king Allen Iverson at 5'11, 155 pounds lived at the rim, being an undersized two guard, and it was all based on the system Larry Brown put around him, and Allen Iverson had a mediocre jump shot, and being guarded by players 5-7" taller than him, and he was still able to score at will, imagine with Lebrons built if he had a system in play by a veteran head coach.. he would truly be unstoppable.

Its similar to what Pippen said about Lebrons greatness.. its not that he can score 30-40 points by himself, is that hes willing to pass the ball and his penetration gets other guys wide open shots.
 6 years ago '07        #63
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 Bautmoney!™ said:
Lebrons, speed, explosiveness, jumping ability... can be matched by none at the moment.. A Isolation for Lebron is 2 points for his team.. Nobody can stop Lebron going to the basket.. Isolation creates space on the floor for the other guys.. So if Lebron is isolated, and Lebron being a willing passer the player that collapse to try to close the paint on Lebron, Lebron will feed that open man.. And if they guard him 1 on 1 on the ISO, hes going to yam it on somebody.

This all comes from a coach understanding his players talents.. If fu*king Allen Iverson at 5'11, 155 pounds lived at the rim, being an undersized two guard, and it was all based on the system Larry Brown put around him, and Allen Iverson had a mediocre jump shot, and being guarded by players 5-7" taller than him, and he was still able to score at will, imagine with Lebrons built if he had a system in play by a veteran head coach.. he would truly be unstoppable.

Its similar to what Pippen said about Lebrons greatness.. its not that he can score 30-40 points by himself, is that hes willing to pass the ball and his penetration gets other guys wide open shots.
First off isolations are for scorers only isolate lebron when he is hot, u brought up the layup bron got on kidd on the clearout but u forgot that they weren't tryin to foul so gave it to him anyway cuz the game was over.
Secondly its so easy for a team like Dallas to defend the ISO and Lebron is turnover prone anyway so it won't work.
Thirdly Iverson had waaaay better handle then lebron and played off the ball very well whereas lebron is incapable of playing off the ball and getting a shot.
 6 years ago '09        #64
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 Hovi Bryant said:
LeBron is a above average shooter, the only thing he lacks is a post game imo. Y'all over exaggerate with the hate.
this. percentage wise hes one of the best midrage shooters in the league..bettwer than kobe carmelo and KD...the n*gga makes hella mid range J's...just not when it counts
 06-16-2011, 10:00 AM         #65
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
First off isolations are for scorers only isolate lebron when he is hot, u brought up the layup bron got on kidd on the clearout but u forgot that they weren't tryin to foul so gave it to him anyway cuz the game was over.
Secondly its so easy for a team like Dallas to defend the ISO and Lebron is turnover prone anyway so it won't work.
Thirdly Iverson had waaaay better handle then lebron and played off the ball very well whereas lebron is incapable of playing off the ball and getting a shot.
Whoa whoa whoa.. Your going to tell me Lebron is not a scorer now? He may not be a pure scorer like Kobe, Melo, Durant, Wade.. but Bron is a scorer his PPG is evidence of that.

That whole sequence I spoke of.. Lebron could have exploded to the cup on all 3 of those possessions.. The first jumper he took, Kidd was laying off him, the 3 pointer he took, Kidd was laying off of him...

And Dallas is not such a great defensive team, lets not let this championship run deceive.. Tyson Chandler, The Matrix all play defense.. Kidd couldnt stay infront of a parked car, Dirk cant guard anybody.. Lets not get carried away, there team defense was on point, but thats because Miami's role players didnt show up, so Dallas was able to collapse on Wade and Brons penetration in the final 2 games.. Dont ever forget that in damn near every game this series Miami had big leads in the 4th, and it wasnt Dallas great defense that bought em back in the game, it was Miami's in experience at closing out those kind of games, why Dallas was able to make them late runs. And this is no knock on Dallas cause after the swept LA i said they would win the chip...


As far as Iverson and Lebrons ability to get to the cup.. I was referring to Iverson going to the basket off his own dribble, not off ball.. Iverson had the speed advantage on his man, Lebron has the speed, strength, and jumping ability on his defender..
 6 years ago '08        #66
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
fu*k a rick barry
 6 years ago '07        #67
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 Bautmoney!™ said:
Whoa whoa whoa.. Your going to tell me Lebron is not a scorer now? He may not be a pure scorer like Kobe, Melo, Durant, Wade.. but Bron is a scorer his PPG is evidence of that.

That whole sequence I spoke of.. Lebron could have exploded to the cup on all 3 of those possessions.. The first jumper he took, Kidd was laying off him, the 3 pointer he took, Kidd was laying off of him...

And Dallas is not such a great defensive team, lets not let this championship run deceive.. Tyson Chandler, The Matrix all play defense.. Kidd couldnt stay infront of a parked car, Dirk cant guard anybody.. Lets not get carried away, there team defense was on point, but thats because Miami's role players didnt show up, so Dallas was able to collapse on Wade and Brons penetration in the final 2 games.. Dont ever forget that in damn near every game this series Miami had big leads in the 4th, and it wasnt Dallas great defense that bought em back in the game, it was Miami's in experience at closing out those kind of games, why Dallas was able to make them late runs. And this is no knock on Dallas cause after the swept LA i said they would win the chip...


As far as Iverson and Lebrons ability to get to the cup.. I was referring to Iverson going to the basket off his own dribble, not off ball.. Iverson had the speed advantage on his man, Lebron has the speed, strength, and jumping ability on his defender..
basketball is not about being able to drive to the basket becuz all lebron is looking for is ref bail outs
 6 years ago '09        #68
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,408 | Props total: 12345 12345
 Bautmoney!™ said:
Your wrong... Its not about how much money is made, its about the desire to win. If a coach has a strong desire to win, he does whats best for the team, and if thats benchinig your super star player its what you have to do... These players get paid to perform at optimum levels, its the coaches responsibility to understand his players talents and exploit it. Lebron being one of the top 5 players in the league and then dealing with young head coaches he does what he wants..

if Lebron had a Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Greg Pop, Jerry Sloan as a head coach he would be ten times the player he is now...

It all comes down to coaching.. Look at these last 3 years in Lebrons playoff failures.. 3 years ago the lost to Orlando, there were 0 adjustments made from game to game.. They didnt defend the 3 point line, and they got torched.. next series a Lakers team coached by Phil Jackson... shut that 3 point shot down for Orlando and won the title.. 1 simple adjustment to guard the 3 point line..wasnt in Mike Browns game plan, and he is suppose to be a defensive coach.

Same thing last year in the Boston Series, The Celtics were swarming Bron making him pass and shut down the other guys.. It worked, Mike Brown again made no adjustments to the game plan..

And this year in the Finals.. Lebron struggling, Wade struggling (the last 2 games), Bosh is cooking.. Dirk is guarding Bosh, he didnt force the ball to Bosh so he could pick up fouls on Dirk.. Jason Kidd, Barrea, and Shawn Marion all inferior aged athletes guarding Lebron.. There were no clearouts so lebron could r*pe kidd.. Look at Game 5 when Lebron shoot 2 jump shots from deep in a 2 point ball game, Jason kidd comes down hits a 3, 5 point ball game, Jason Terry hits another 3, 8 point game... And now is when they clear out, and Lebron goes to the rack for 2 with like 3 dribbles..

It is all about coaching.. Its not his lack of fundamentals that k!ll his game, Lebron lacks the proper mentor to teach him the game... He doesnt know how to close out a game now.. which is ironic because when Lebron was in Cleveland there first couple playoff years, their MO was to keep games close, and Lebron would take over in the 4th, Idk why it doesnt work any more.
So what about all the great players that didnt play for these coaches? You dont absolutely have to have those guys but you do have the drive to wanna be the best within yourself.
 06-16-2011, 10:29 AM         #69
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
So what about all the great players that didnt play for these coaches? You dont absolutely have to have those guys but you do have the drive to wanna be the best within yourself.
Its not like these are the only great coaches in the league... I just feel they will help Lebron because they all know how to manage a SUPERSTAR...
 6 years ago '07        #70
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 Bautmoney!™ said:
Its not like these are the only great coaches in the league... I just feel they will help Lebron because they all know how to manage a SUPERSTAR...
what are you talking about? Only Phil knows how to manage superstars those other coaches dont like players like Lebron even Phil said lebron isnt ready yet.
 6 years ago '05        #71
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
paul silas is considered a good teacher and mentor..mike brown taught him how to play proper defense and before brown, he was considered mediocre in that regard..larry brown didnt care much for him when he had him on the olympic squad..he has coach k..you'd be stupid if you didnt think riley isn't hands on with him and the rest of the heat players...

i mean, he's had the resources but is stuck playing the way HE wants to play. he thinks playing the post is "boring" (his words) and it pretty much shows how much attention he gives post play development in game situations. that's on him...if he chooses to pass the ball when barea was on him, that's on him. n*ggas need to gtfo here with that "he didnt have a proper coach" bullsh*t...
 6 years ago '04        #72
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
rick crazy

but he's right
 6 years ago '05        #73
micseles 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 4243 4243
 TERRANCE CRACK said:
this. percentage wise hes one of the best midrage shooters in the league..bettwer than kobe carmelo and KD...the n*gga makes hella mid range J's...just not when it counts


Thats where stats and percentages get decieving. Lebron is a classic confidence/momentum shooter. Like dude said earlier you only want lebron iso and taking J's when he's hot. Any other time him shooting a jumper is the same as a bad shot.

Hate to say it but if lebron never wins a championship, hes gonna go do down in history in the same vain as Iverson. Someone who didnt really have a true position, whose teams both prospered and suffered because he could only play the way he wanted to play.

Too much talk about coaching adjustments for a player who went to a team that already had a pretty dominant and willing primary scorer. Bosh even changed his game a bit to fill in the gaps, lebron shouldve as well. No reason he should be hitting the brick wall he did in cleveland all those years.
 06-16-2011, 11:06 AM         #74
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
what are you talking about? Only Phil knows how to manage superstars those other coaches dont like players like Lebron even Phil said lebron isnt ready yet.
I dont know where you been but Tim Duncan is a super star, he may not be a popular act, but on the basketball court he's a super star, and Pop yells at T.D.

Jerry Sloan managed Malone and Stockton, and if you dont think Malone is a headache why at the end of his career bumming a ring with the Lakers he would complain about his touches.

Larry Brown, had Allen Iverson, case closed..

And all of those coaches played in the Finals with they super star... Not just cause of they super star talent... But managing their talent, and their role players..

come on bro, I know you want to hate on Bron, but all that man is missing is a head coach..

Its not rocket science man.. Stan Van Gundy with that Loaded Miami roster, made it to the Conf Finals... a no short cut, no sh*t taking coach Pat Riley came in the next year and won the Championship..

You think a coach doesnt make a difference?

sh*t even the Lakers.. Kobe/Shaq and the same roster, minus a role player here and there... was getting kicked out of the playoffs in the 2nd round.. in comes Phil Jackson, and in their first year they win a championship...


A players Head Coach has alot to do with their success.. Hence why Shaq gives all the glory to Phil Jackson... same with Iverson and Larry Brown, and Jordan with Phil..
 06-16-2011, 11:15 AM         #75
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea how dare mike brown teach that man how to play defense like that
 6 years ago '09        #76
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,408 | Props total: 12345 12345
 Bautmoney!™ said:
I dont know where you been but Tim Duncan is a super star, he may not be a popular act, but on the basketball court he's a super star, and Pop yells at T.D.

Jerry Sloan managed Malone and Stockton, and if you dont think Malone is a headache why at the end of his career bumming a ring with the Lakers he would complain about his touches.

Larry Brown, had Allen Iverson, case closed..

And all of those coaches played in the Finals with they super star... Not just cause of they super star talent... But managing their talent, and their role players..

come on bro, I know you want to hate on Bron, but all that man is missing is a head coach..

Its not rocket science man.. Stan Van Gundy with that Loaded Miami roster, made it to the Conf Finals... a no short cut, no sh*t taking coach Pat Riley came in the next year and won the Championship..

You think a coach doesnt make a difference?

sh*t even the Lakers.. Kobe/Shaq and the same roster, minus a role player here and there... was getting kicked out of the playoffs in the 2nd round.. in comes Phil Jackson, and in their first year they win a championship...


A players Head Coach has alot to do with their success.. Hence why Shaq gives all the glory to Phil Jackson... same with Iverson and Larry Brown, and Jordan with Phil..
The guys you named like Timmy and Mailman are Superstars for their play on the court. Guys like LeBron are superstars for off the court.
The n*ggas you named dont roll with entourages, liked to be told the truth by their coach and worked their a.sses off to be good teammates as well as great players. How many commercials did you see those guys on? How many times you see them breaking out into dance during games or taking imaginary pictures before games or having an individual handshake for every single teammate and coach?


There's a huge difference between guys like LeBron and the legends you named in your post. It's no secret that LeBron is sorta uncoachable to an extent. I see why you're defending him but you're going about it the wrong way. Find some different comparisons or something that makes a little more sense.
 6 years ago '10        #77
BEAST7 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$459 | Props total: 74 74
 Cambury said:
how is lebron a scorer? He has no inbetween game...if he cant slash he isnt a threat even wide open

now we know LBJ shoots the ball not every shot is a lay up cmon be serious
in terms of scoring im talking about his average ppg
we say kd is a potent scorer with a lot of moves in his arsenal, he is the 2 time scoring champ
with that being said for their 1st 3 years in the League lebron had a higher ppg than him every respective year. for the last 2 years lbj has been right behind him
last yr when he won the scoring title LBJ was actually ahead and kd had that gm vs utah and lbj pretty much sat out the last few games
i said behind kobe bc he averaged 35ppg and we know what he does
 06-16-2011, 11:36 AM         #78
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The guys you named like Timmy and Mailman are Superstars for their play on the court. Guys like LeBron are superstars for off the court.
The n*ggas you named dont roll with entourages, liked to be told the truth by their coach and worked their a.sses off to be good teammates as well as great players. How many commercials did you see those guys on? How many times you see them breaking out into dance during games or taking imaginary pictures before games or having an individual handshake for every single teammate and coach?


There's a huge difference between guys like LeBron and the legends you named in your post. It's no secret that LeBron is sorta uncoachable to an extent. I see why you're defending him but you're going about it the wrong way. Find some different comparisons or something that makes a little more sense.
I'm not defending Lebron, I'm co-signing Rick Barry... I said it when Lebron was in Cleveland that with Mike Brown as a coach he will go no where, when he decided to go to Miami I said with Spoelstra he wont win sh*t....

As far as Lebrons arrogance thats because he is allowed to carry on with that behavior, like I said a head coach like the ones I named will change his approach to the game, and will humble him down..

I'm actually through defending Lebron because he isnt who I thought he was.. I thought he was that guy, and maybe he will become that guy over time, but at the moment hes just one of the top guys.. the throne for best NBA player is still vacant..
 6 years ago '07        #79
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10059 10059
 Bautmoney!™ said:
I'm not defending Lebron, I'm co-signing Rick Barry... I said it when Lebron was in Cleveland that with Mike Brown as a coach he will go no where, when he decided to go to Miami I said with Spoelstra he wont win sh*t....

As far as Lebrons arrogance thats because he is allowed to carry on with that behavior, like I said a head coach like the ones I named will change his approach to the game, and will humble him down..

I'm actually through defending Lebron because he isnt who I thought he was.. I thought he was that guy, and maybe he will become that guy over time, but at the moment hes just one of the top guys.. the throne for best NBA player is still vacant..
at the sometime a different coach wouldn't make lebron a better shooter or help him develop his game offseason that for the player to do.
 6 years ago '10        #80
BEAST7 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$459 | Props total: 74 74
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The guys you named like Timmy and Mailman are Superstars for their play on the court. Guys like LeBron are superstars for off the court. so lbj isnt a star on the court
The n*ggas you named dont roll with entourages,[SIZE="5"] liked to be told the truth by their coach [/SIZE<<<< i see you must have the inside scoop, lebron doesnt like when his coaches tell him the "truth" ok]and worked their a.sses off to be good teammates as well as great players. How many commercials did you see those guys on? so d rose was not on every commercial this playoffs, or blake griffin. companies like nike, adidas etc are not using them to sell their product. MJ wasnt on commercials, ok How many times you see them breaking out into dance during games or taking imaginary pictures before games you forgot his chalk toss or having an individual handshake for every single teammate and coach?


There's a huge difference between guys like LeBron and the legends you named in your post. It's no secret that LeBron is sorta uncoachable to an extent. I see why you're defending him but you're going about it the wrong way. Find some different comparisons or something that makes a little more sense.
idk you couldn't be on commercials or give pre game handshakes
learn something new every day
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 12
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 3
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 2
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy