Hall Of Famer Rick Barry "All of LeBron James’ Coaches Should be Ashamed of Themselves"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
70 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Blacknitro said:
Rick Barry about Lebrons lack of skill, but he's wrong for blaming the coaches. Apparently he doesn't know what year it is. It's 2011 and a teams best one or two or even three best players are making ten times more than the coach of team contracts and endorsements. The players are solely responsible for the ticket sales and the tv slots. All of this raises a players value drastically higher than a coach and as a result-

-The players say they don't like the coach, then the coach getting fired.

-Players are allowed to bump into the coach and even put them down in interviews.

-The GM/Owner/Team Management don't do sh*t but kiss up to the player, leaving the coach very little room for putting the player in check.

-Coaches are just play callers in todays game. This ain't the 1970s. Rick Barry needs to catch up.

Even Rick Carlisle subliminally gave understanding to the tough job that coach Spo has in terms of dealing with 3 players that don't have to respect him and have proven that they don't from bumping him to yelling in his face.
in all honesty I think Rick Barry was being sarcastic as not to be called a Lebron hater. I know he knows the what's going on between lebron and his coaches its well documented but right now what he said wouldn't be received if people thought it was coming from a "hater". I dont he truly believes that and if he does he understand why the coaches weren't able to do it. Lebron is the coachslayer.
 7 years ago '07        #42
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
:hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

In that case, then he might NEVER improve.....I did say coach Brown helped him with becoming a better defensive player, but now I'm starting to think about all the things in past with Lebron & maybe O_nasty was right with him refusing to be coached....Maybe not.

It's just very, very weird that 9 years into his career he has no post up game, he's still streaky as hell, his mental game is atrocious, he doesn't know how to use screens well, he's not a great off the ball shooter. If this was in college (I know he never went to college) or when he was younger like his 2nd season it would be ok. But 9 seasons in a professional career & you don't possess tools that can make you significantly better than everybody else? What's going on?
he doesn't have the competitive fire that puts someone in the gym to get better...dude has been a frontrunner his whole life. Once I found out he was a Bulls, Cowboys and Yankees fan I understood everything so much clearer.
 7 years ago '10        #43
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21194 21194
 Cambury said:
he doesn't have the competitive fire that puts someone in the gym to get better...dude has been a frontrunner his whole life. Once I found out he was a Bulls, Cowboys and Yankees fan I understood everything so much clearer.
Yeah pretty much
 7 years ago '10        #44
BEAST7 1 heat pts
space
space
$459 | Props total: 75 75
 Imagin3 said:
yeah but youre not going to really get anything by forcing kobe or wade to shoot shots, from the midrange atleast. they'll eat you from there, thats not the case with lebron.
his shooting ability is streaky, ill give it to you as above league average but as far as scorers in the league, it's subpar.
n*gga aint never gon be able to shoot i feel, he needa just post up.
he too big to only play the perimeter
we all know kobe and dwade are 2 of the games best mid range shooters its pick your poison with both
but with that being said up till april 12 (idk what it is now) lebron hit hit 45 percent on shoots from 16-23 feet, like we said i think thats a little above average
but thething that is funny to me is that even though he is a streaky shooter stat wise LBJ is the 2nd best scorer,behind kobe
(i can evaluate how i came up to this)
its funny i think the opposite i think his jimmy will get better b4 he gets into the post but only time can tell
 7 years ago '08        #45
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,785 | Props total: 12290 12290
Absolute Gospel

Dude is 6'8 260 and solid as a rock...he should be able to throw his weight around in the post, still fast enough to use screens for pull up jumpshots or curls. Bron won't get my full respect until he ditches the pounding of the rock and learns how to k!ll n*ggas with the 1 dribble 2 dribble moves.

People think I'm crazy when I say I'd rather have Melo than Bron. Here's why tho: His 1 dribble pull up is nasty, he a streaky 3 point shooter (in a good way tho) he dominates smaller players in the post and even bully's bigger players and for what its worth he's even better in Isolation. The only thing Bron does better is Pass, Play Defense and jump higher and we see how that worked in the Finals.

Wade and Melo and I honestly would sh*t myself every June watching them dominate.

Last edited by EMER1TUS; 06-16-2011 at 12:59 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #46
BEAST7 1 heat pts
space
space
 Cambury said:
thats not true man
so he just woke up 6'8-6'9 250
with the ability to handle the ball
and jump out the building
throw accurate no look passes without being in the gym
the thing is that lbj makes it look easy, and he smiles and jokes alot and does not have that glare in his eyes at all times like a kobe or MJ. so everyone says its his talent
the truth is that the reason why he was widely notarized at such a young age was bc he was bustin everyone's a.ss plain and simple. even when he was 6'4 freshmen he was busting everyone's a.ss. the same could be said for the kobe's, kg's etc
but he does need to go in the gym this summer AGAIN and continue to get better
 7 years ago '10        #47
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
 BEAST7 said:
thats not true man
the thing is that lbj makes it look easy, and he smiles and jokes alot and does not have that glare in his eyes at all times like a kobe or MJ. so everyone says its his talent
the truth is that the reason why he was widely notarized at such a young age was bc he was bustin everyone's a.ss plain and simple. even when he was 6'4 freshmen he was busting everyone's a.ss. the same could be said for the kobe's, kg's etc
real shyt.

n*ggas just haters point blank.

im not gonna get into the argument with n*ggas who mad at lebron 4 whatever reason fukkin homos
 7 years ago '10        #48
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
 Imagin3 said:
the n*gga cant shoot
if he could he wouldnt be bricking through the finals
thats why your bandwagon a.ss wasnt blessed with a ring
swallow a cyanide flavored c*ck n*gga
stopped reading.

fukkin f*ggot
 7 years ago '04        #49
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,067 | Props total: 19945 19945

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #50
Knockout Kingz 
space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 81 81
Dude came str-8 outta high school...and the past 7 yrs he's relied on RAW talent.

He doesnt possess any real basketball skills. If he wants this season be erased from his legacy...he's gonna have to get up off his a.ss and get his game up and start winning championships!!
 7 years ago '10        #51
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21194 21194
 Blacknitro said:
I thought he would've added more to his game aswell, but I'm not surprised he didn't.

Most players don't change much from H.S. (tho there are exceptions). They usually just improve what they were already doing on offense rather it be jacking up mid range jumpers or 3point shots. In Lebron's case, the only thing he was doing in H.S. was running full speed to the rim dunking on people and getting the natural a.ssists that comes with penetrating and having a height advantage over everyone. Guys like Kobe, Wade and Tmac were already jacking up jumpers and fading away like MJ when they were in H.S. so I'm not surprised that they got better at jacking up jumpers and fading away since they were already doing it. It was already a part of their game. That sh*t was never apart of Lebron's game. He was always strictly a slasher with super speed/hops. He got better on defense, but he had no choice, considering the fact he's stronger and faster than everyone he guards. His defense is a product of his natural ability.

High draft picks like Kwame Brown, Darius Miles, Eddie Curry and Tyson Chandler never added anything to their one sided games. Danny Granger and Joe Johnson are still just great jump shooters with nothing else to offer. Philly is trying to dump Andre Iggy bcuz he never added anything to his game prolly never will. Look at how slow Dwight Howard's game has improved and that's with training from Hakeem the Dream. You'd think he would've been doing 25+ppg three years ago, but nope....he's still a one dimensional player living off the strength and mobility he gained in H.S.

There are some guys that add to their game tho, but it's less than 10% imo, most of them just improve the habits they developed from middle school-high school. Amare added some jumpshot to his game, Melo added k!lla range and took footwork to the next level. Steve Nash improved passing, shooting and shot selection. Nash went from getting no more than 8 apg in his first 8 seasons (and only did that once) to getting 10+ apg six out of the seven following seasons. He went from shooting less than 50% every year in his first 8 seasons to shooting over 50% every year in 6 of the 7 previous seasons.

True.

He never had to be competitive. Lebron was predicted to be a top 10 all time player before he ever wore a NBA jersey. There was never any motivation for him to feel the need to compete. The media/sports analysts and team management fostered the "King" attitude. They were playing his high school games on tv. Dude was kicking Coach Brown out of the locker room AND closing the door to have private meetings with the players. What kind of sh*t is that???? He really thought/thinks he's running the team.
Back to back great informative posts. Kudos to you
 7 years ago '10        #52
BEAST7 1 heat pts
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
I thought he would've added more to his game aswell, but I'm not surprised he didn't.

[B]Most players don't change much from H.S. [/B ](tho there are exceptions). They usually just improve what they were already doing on offense rather it be jacking up mid range jumpers or 3point shots. In Lebron's case, the only thing he was doing in H.S. was running full speed to the rim dunking on people and getting the natural a.ssists that comes with penetrating and having a height advantage over everyone.
Guys like Kobe, Wade and Tmac were already jacking up jumpers and fading away like MJ when they were in H.S.<< so I'm not surprised that they got better at jacking up jumpers and fading away since they were already doing it. It was already a part of their game. That sh*t was never apart of Lebron's game. He was always strictly a slasher with super speed/hops. He got better on defense, but he had no choice, considering the fact he's stronger and faster than everyone he guards. His defense is a product of his natural ability.

High draft picks like Kwame Brown, Darius Miles, Eddie Curry and Tyson Chandler never added anything to their one sided games. Danny Granger and Joe Johnson are still just great jump shooters with nothing else to offer. Philly is trying to dump Andre Iggy bcuz he never added anything to his game prolly never will. Look at how slow Dwight Howard's game has improved and that's with training from Hakeem the Dream. You'd think he would've been doing 25+ppg three years ago, but nope....he's still a one dimensional player living off the strength and mobility he gained in H.S.

There are some guys that add to their game tho, but it's less than 10% imo, most of them just improve the habits they developed from middle school-high school. Amare added some jumpshot to his game, Melo added k!lla range and took footwork to the next level. Steve Nash improved passing, shooting and shot selection. Nash went from getting no more than 8 apg in his first 8 seasons (and only did that once) to getting 10+ apg six out of the seven following seasons. He went from shooting less than 50% every year in his first 8 seasons to shooting over 50% every year in 6 of the 7 previous seasons. His free throw shooting in the past 7 years is a lot greater than what it was in his first 8 years and it was already good.

True.

He never had to be competitive. Lebron was predicted to be a top 10 all time player before he ever wore a NBA jersey. There was never any motivation for him to feel the need to compete. The media/sports analysts and team management fostered the "King" attitude. They were playing his high school games on tv. Dude was kicking Coach Brown out of the locker room AND closing the door to have private meetings with the players. What kind of sh*t is that???? He really thought/thinks he's running the team.

so he was not predicted top 10 bc he was bustin everyones a.ss? it was pure hype ok
players dont have players only meetings, ok
his high
 7 years ago '10        #53
norcal21 1 heat pts
space
space
$255 | Props total: 14 14
 Gottagat said:
brons jumper>>>>>>>>kobes

fact
 06-16-2011, 03:11 AM         #54
Hurricane24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
on the real i don't like lebron as much as the next guy, i know his jumper isn't the most consistant but at some point he'll adjust to his athleticism declining and he will develop what he needs as he goes. not the best way to go about it but it has got him this far. whats also funny about this dude getting all this hate is that wade plays right beside him and no one talking sh*t about how sh*tty wade's jumper is and this dude get no hate. both of these guys have sh*tty jumpers. wade just has better crossover and moves to create his shot. those are the only 2 superstars that anytime i see a shot go up i doubt it will go in(as far as jump shooting). when i see kobe shoot even though his fg pct is the best it still looks like it has a legit chance to go in, same with dirk, cant stand bosh but same with that f*gget. lebron, wade, westbrook and rose always have me thinking when ball is in the air that its a brick
 7 years ago '09        #55
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,435 | Props total: 12370 12370
LeBron doesnt have the basic fundamentals in his game that you see from a lot of guys who didnt grow up with his natural athletic gifts or guys you saw in college for 3 years. Sometimes having all those natural abilities can trick guys into not working as hard on the fundamentals.

Plus, what coach is gonna force him into the gym and say we need to work on this because you dont do this well when the guy is out there scoring damn near 30 a game and virtually unstoppable? sh*t, Mike Brown is huge on fundamentals and in 2007 he was in press conferences bragging on being able to just give it to LeBron and watch magic happen.
Take Shaq for instance. All his career he didnt give a fu*k about shooting free throws because he knew he couldnt be stopped and nobody would just foul him every single play. If his own dad couldnt convince him to work on them that goes to show you that these players arent concerned with being the absolute best they can be.
 7 years ago '07        #56
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 BEAST7 said:
thats not true man
Lebron has had the same weakness for YEARS, he has either reached his potential or doesn't want to get better or maybe a mixture of both but regardless people need to wake up to who he truly is.
 7 years ago '07        #57
LynchingO-Lines 43 heat pts43
space
space
$2,284 | Props total: 598 598
Lebum needs to focus on one aspect Of his game at a time like d12 did with his free throws
 7 years ago '07        #58
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 BEAST7 said:
we all know kobe and dwade are 2 of the games best mid range shooters its pick your poison with both
but with that being said up till april 12 (idk what it is now) lebron hit hit 45 percent on shoots from 16-23 feet, like we said i think thats a little above average
but thething that is funny to me is that even though he is a streaky shooter stat wise LBJ is the 2nd best scorer,behind kobe
(i can evaluate how i came up to this)
its funny i think the opposite i think his jimmy will get better b4 he gets into the post but only time can tell
how is lebron a scorer? He has no inbetween game...if he cant slash he isnt a threat even wide open
 06-16-2011, 09:08 AM         #59
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blacknitro said:
Rick Barry right about Lebrons lack of skill, but he's wrong for blaming the coaches. Apparently he doesn't know what year it is. It's 2011 and a teams best one or two or even three best players are making ten times more than the coach of team contracts and endorsements. The players are solely responsible for the ticket sales and the tv slots. All of this raises a players value drastically higher than a coach and as a result-

-The players say they don't like the coach, then the coach getting fired.

-Players are allowed to bump into the coach and even put them down in interviews.

-The GM/Owner/Team Management don't do sh*t but kiss up to the player, leaving the coach very little room for putting the player in check.

-Coaches are just play callers in todays game. This ain't the 1970s. Rick Barry needs to catch up.

Even Rick Carlisle subliminally gave understanding to the tough job that coach Spo has in terms of dealing with 3 players that don't have to respect him and have proven that they don't from bumping him to yelling in his face.

Your wrong... Its not about how much money is made, its about the desire to win. If a coach has a strong desire to win, he does whats best for the team, and if thats benchinig your super star player its what you have to do... These players get paid to perform at optimum levels, its the coaches responsibility to understand his players talents and exploit it. Lebron being one of the top 5 players in the league and then dealing with young head coaches he does what he wants..

if Lebron had a Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Greg Pop, Jerry Sloan as a head coach he would be ten times the player he is now...

It all comes down to coaching.. Look at these last 3 years in Lebrons playoff failures.. 3 years ago the lost to Orlando, there were 0 adjustments made from game to game.. They didnt defend the 3 point line, and they got torched.. next series a Lakers team coached by Phil Jackson... shut that 3 point shot down for Orlando and won the title.. 1 simple adjustment to guard the 3 point line..wasnt in Mike Browns game plan, and he is suppose to be a defensive coach.

Same thing last year in the Boston Series, The Celtics were swarming Bron making him pass and shut down the other guys.. It worked, Mike Brown again made no adjustments to the game plan..

And this year in the Finals.. Lebron struggling, Wade struggling (the last 2 games), Bosh is cooking.. Dirk is guarding Bosh, he didnt force the ball to Bosh so he could pick up fouls on Dirk.. Jason Kidd, Barrea, and Shawn Marion all inferior aged athletes guarding Lebron.. There were no clearouts so lebron could r*pe kidd.. Look at Game 5 when Lebron shoot 2 jump shots from deep in a 2 point ball game, Jason kidd comes down hits a 3, 5 point ball game, Jason Terry hits another 3, 8 point game... And now is when they clear out, and Lebron goes to the rack for 2 with like 3 dribbles..

It is all about coaching.. Its not his lack of fundamentals that k!ll his game, Lebron lacks the proper mentor to teach him the game... He doesnt know how to close out a game now.. which is ironic because when Lebron was in Cleveland there first couple playoff years, their MO was to keep games close, and Lebron would take over in the 4th, Idk why it doesnt work any more.
 7 years ago '07        #60
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 Bautmoney!™ said:
Your wrong... Its not about how much money is made, its about the desire to win. If a coach has a strong desire to win, he does whats best for the team, and if thats benchinig your super star player its what you have to do... These players get paid to perform at optimum levels, its the coaches responsibility to understand his players talents and exploit it. Lebron being one of the top 5 players in the league and then dealing with young head coaches he does what he wants..

if Lebron had a Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Greg Pop, Jerry Sloan as a head coach he would be ten times the player he is now...

It all comes down to coaching.. Look at these last 3 years in Lebrons playoff failures.. 3 years ago the lost to Orlando, there were 0 adjustments made from game to game.. They didnt defend the 3 point line, and they got torched.. next series a Lakers team coached by Phil Jackson... shut that 3 point shot down for Orlando and won the title.. 1 simple adjustment to guard the 3 point line..wasnt in Mike Browns game plan, and he is suppose to be a defensive coach.

Same thing last year in the Boston Series, The Celtics were swarming Bron making him pass and shut down the other guys.. It worked, Mike Brown again made no adjustments to the game plan..

And this year in the Finals.. Lebron struggling, Wade struggling (the last 2 games), Bosh is cooking.. Dirk is guarding Bosh, he didnt force the ball to Bosh so he could pick up fouls on Dirk.. Jason Kidd, Barrea, and Shawn Marion all inferior aged athletes guarding Lebron.. There were no clearouts so lebron could r*pe kidd.. Look at Game 5 when Lebron shoot 2 jump shots from deep in a 2 point ball game, Jason kidd comes down hits a 3, 5 point ball game, Jason Terry hits another 3, 8 point game... And now is when they clear out, and Lebron goes to the rack for 2 with like 3 dribbles..

It is all about coaching.. Its not his lack of fundamentals that k!ll his game, Lebron lacks the proper mentor to teach him the game... He doesnt know how to close out a game now.. which is ironic because when Lebron was in Cleveland there first couple playoff years, their MO was to keep games close, and Lebron would take over in the 4th, Idk why it doesnt work any more.
ahh and herein lies the problem unique with a Lebron led team...because of Lebrons extraordinary gifts a coach must utilize personnel a certain way. Basically they will have players that can shoot and then players that play D in almost all cases these are two separate players. What happens is when the coach makes adjustments to put certain players in the game it hurts the team. For example in the Orlando series the Cavs didnt want to use Ben becuz he couldn't spread the floor but Z is getting a used. As long as Lebron is as limited on offense when things tighten up he will become less and less effective.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy