Kreayshawn: "We're Not Going After Anyone's Head, We're Not Trying To Kill Hip-Hop"

most viewed right now
 149
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 95
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 62
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 60
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
5689 pageviews
109 comments


SM 38151 heat pts38151
space
avatar space
space
$127,716 | Props total: 66817 66817
Kreayshawn: "We're Not Going After Anyone's Head, We're Not Trying To k!ll Hip-Hop"
 

 

Columbia Records' Kreayshawn has come forward to a.ssure fans her swag and style of rapping is not unintentional or an attempt to bring down the state of hip-hop.

According to Kreayshawn, she sees her posse bringing back a Spice Girls-like unifying element to rap.

"I know people are hating on The White Girl Mob, but we're not going after anyone's head, we're not trying to k!ll hip-hop or whatever people are trying to say. I'm just trying to make a new wave of girl empowerment and girl gang and new wave Spice Girls or some s**t like that. People read into it way too deep. They gotta remember that we're all kids just trying to have fun when it comes down to it." (VIBE)

Earlier this week, Kreayshawn revealed rap mogul Diddy tried to sign her to Bad Boy Records.

"He hit me and he was mad about the whole signing thing. He was like, 'Yo, I wanted to work with you, blah, blah blah,' " Kreayshawn recalled. The upstart rapper went on to reveal an amusing tidbit to the Bad Boy mogul. "Honestly, I've always had a picture of you next to me and my kindergarten picture," Kreay recalled telling him. "I always put it on my wall, and I tell people, 'That's my dad. P. Diddy's my dad.' And he was like, 'Yo, I have to adopt you.'" (MTV)

An official announcement surrounding Kreay's signing to Sony/Columbia Records landed online last week.

East Oakland native, visual artist, swag a.ssassin, and undercat Kreayshawn (Kray-shawn) has officially signed with ColumbiaRecords, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. The 21 year-old will release "Gucci Gucci" via digital retailers on Tuesday, June 14th and prepare her forthcoming full-length debut album, due later this year. Described by GQ Magazine as a "loveable oddball," Kreayshawn says of the new partnership, "I'm excited to work with my new Columbia family. They understand my vision and are going to let me continue everything I've been doing. My hope is to inspire others to be young, wild, and free." (Press Release)

Just a few weeks in the media spotlight and the rapper has already battled comparisons to white female pop star Ke$ha.

"She's cool," Kreayshawn said about Ke$ha, adding that she believes the comparisons stem from both artists being White. "I wouldn't compare myself to her, but she's pretty sweet. I think people just compare something to something else just 'cause they don't know what it is and they want to relate it to something like, 'this is like Ke$ha.' They don't want to be like, 'this is new. I never heard of it. It's Kreayshawn. No, it's just some sh*t we kinda heard before.' Kreayshawn is Kreayshawn. People are gonna be like, 'this reminds of Kreayshawn' in a couple of months. I'm trying to work." (XXL Mag)


[pic - click to view]

 "We're Not Going After Anyone's Head, We're Not Trying To k!ll Hip-Hop" | SOHH.COM

109 comments for "Kreayshawn: "We're Not Going After Anyone's Head, We're Not Trying To Kill Hip-Hop""

 6 years ago '06        #2
santana2009 
space
avatar space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 255 255
Kill Hip-hop?? My girl is the future of this sh*t!
 6 years ago '09        #3
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7939 7939
kreyshawn getting alot of hate but its time the other female rappers get shine, nikki minaj basically ran the last 2 to 3 years female wise, sh*t got to 1 sided

hope she stays in her lane and continue doing the music she doing, too many racist mothafukkas praying for her downfall
 6 years ago '10        #4
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
avatar space
space
$18,811 | Props total: 13070 13070
is this the new famous non talented nobody? god i miss the good old days when talent made you popular
 6 years ago '10        #5
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
^^ hate to break it to you but that f*g sh*t started coming in around 07/08
we were still getting good albums up to 01/02 then we had the years of the new breed of mixtape rappers from 03 to 06.

this sh*t is beyond fu*king wack
 06-15-2011, 11:22 AM         #6
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop is dead on the fact alone that she has been signed but people dont think waka flaka has a right to rap just cuz he a n*gga from the hood but white kids from the burbs are the next big thing
 6 years ago '09        #7
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7939 7939
 DelbertMengel said:
^^ hate to break it to you but that f*g sh*t started coming in around 07/08
we were still getting good albums up to 01/02
right because commercial bubble gum music wasnt popping back in the day...........especially when dudes were rocking shiny suits and ski goggles
 6 years ago '10        #8
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
but that's exactly what it was. it was trying to pretend it was original or alternative.
 06-15-2011, 11:29 AM         #9
truthfulness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
right because commercial bubble gum music wasnt popping back in the day...........especially when dudes were rocking shiny suits and ski goggles
this, n*ggas used to wear skinny leather pants in the 80's
 6 years ago '11        #10
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,654 | Props total: 4724 4724

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '11        #11
Gerald21pa 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,348 | Props total: 1040 1040
 SM said:

Columbia Records' Kreayshawn has come forward to a.ssure fans her swag and style of rapping is not unintentional or an attempt to bring down the state of hip-hop.

According to Kreayshawn, she sees her posse bringing back a Spice Girls-like unifying element to rap.

"I know people are hating on The White Girl Mob, but we're not going after anyone's head, we're not trying to k!ll hip-hop or whatever people are trying to say. I'm just trying to make a new wave of girl empowerment and girl gang and new wave Spice Girls or some s**t like that. People read into it way too deep. They gotta remember that we're all kids just trying to have fun when it comes down to it." (VIBE)

Earlier this week, Kreayshawn revealed rap mogul Diddy tried to sign her to Bad Boy Records.

"He hit me and he was mad about the whole signing thing. He was like, 'Yo, I wanted to work with you, blah, blah blah,' " Kreayshawn recalled. The upstart rapper went on to reveal an amusing tidbit to the Bad Boy mogul. "Honestly, I've always had a picture of you next to me and my kindergarten picture," Kreay recalled telling him. "I always put it on my wall, and I tell people, 'That's my dad. P. Diddy's my dad.' And he was like, 'Yo, I have to adopt you.'" (MTV)

An official announcement surrounding Kreay's signing to Sony/Columbia Records landed online last week.

East Oakland native, visual artist, swag a.ssassin, and undercat Kreayshawn (Kray-shawn) has officially signed with ColumbiaRecords, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. The 21 year-old will release "Gucci Gucci" via digital retailers on Tuesday, June 14th and prepare her forthcoming full-length debut album, due later this year. Described by GQ Magazine as a "loveable oddball," Kreayshawn says of the new partnership, "I'm excited to work with my new Columbia family. They understand my vision and are going to let me continue everything I've been doing. My hope is to inspire others to be young, wild, and free." (Press Release)

Just a few weeks in the media spotlight and the rapper has already battled comparisons to white female pop star Ke$ha.

"She's cool," Kreayshawn said about Ke$ha, adding that she believes the comparisons stem from both artists being White. "I wouldn't compare myself to her, but she's pretty sweet. I think people just compare something to something else just 'cause they don't know what it is and they want to relate it to something like, 'this is like Ke$ha.' They don't want to be like, 'this is new. I never heard of it. It's Kreayshawn. No, it's just some sh*t we kinda heard before.' Kreayshawn is Kreayshawn. People are gonna be like, 'this reminds of Kreayshawn' in a couple of months. I'm trying to work." (XXL Mag)

Hip hop is clearly dead....................
 6 years ago '09        #12
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7939 7939
 truthfulness said:
this, n*ggas used to wear skinny leather pants in the 80's
exactly people are forgetting when rap started that sh*t was as gay as disco, talkin bout the hip...hop..the hippity hippity hip hop..pop and you dont stop bullsh*t"


rap music started off as party music that sh*t wasnt created by dmx lol
 6 years ago '10        #13
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
 megalomaniacal said:

[pic - click to view]

 06-15-2011, 11:43 AM         #14
SincereBC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigree61 said:
hip hop is dead on the fact alone that she has been signed but people dont think waka flaka has a right to rap just cuz he a n*gga from the hood but white kids from the burbs are the next big thing
shes from east oakland, far from the burbs
 6 years ago '11        #15
Gerald21pa 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,348 | Props total: 1040 1040
 SincereBC said:
shes from east oakland, far from the burbs
Her music still wack not hating, i'm believer if you are rich or poor but can make good music you good with me but c'mon ya'll this is just corny for real
 6 years ago '07        #16
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,357 | Props total: 15991 15991
 truthfulness said:
this, n*ggas used to wear skinny leather pants in the 80's
their labels made em...
 6 years ago '07        #17
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,357 | Props total: 15991 15991
 Jacc Blacc said:
exactly people are forgetting when rap started that sh*t was as gay as disco, talkin bout the hip...hop..the hippity hippity hip hop..pop and you dont stop bullsh*t"


rap music started off as party music that sh*t wasnt created by dmx lol
that was suga hill, and a lot of the rappers back then opposed this isht...just sayin...


anyways this statement alone says enough

new wave Spice Girls or some s**t like that.
that aint hip hop..makin this isht a mockery

and why are all the threads same statement...different source
 6 years ago '10        #18
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$21,110 | Props total: 1269 1269
bi*ch is garbage....but get money.
 6 years ago '08        #19
The N 466 heat pts466
space
avatar space
space
$45,484 | Props total: 17037 17037
what exactly is her fanbase?, girls, white boys, ect???
 6 years ago '07        #20
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,357 | Props total: 15991 15991
 pkilla111 said:
shes right cus what she doin aint hip hop plain and simple f*ggot
so your agreeing with me..lol take it personal..lol former juggalo lol

btw if it aint hip hop why you post it in hip hop section?


Last edited by Damagegadget; 06-15-2011 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: he mad at me
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 24
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy