Charles Barkley on LeBron and Miami: "The thing that has really bothered me is they..."

most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
7228 pageviews
42 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
Charles Barkley on LeBron and Miami: "The thing that has really bothered me is they..."

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Full Audio Interview Here Charles Barkley on LeBron and Miami: “The thing that has really bothered me is they would never admit they made any mistakes.”

Charles Barkley joined WIP radio with Howard Eskin and Ike Reese to discuss LeBron James’s

post-game comments made after losing Game 6 to the Dallas Mavericks, his post-game

comments demeaning NBA fans, whether he perceives Dwyane Wade and LeBron James as

whiners, his reaction to LeBron James’s tweet claiming God must not think it’s the right time

for him to win a title, LeBron James perhaps not being the superstar the media portrayed him

to be over the last few years, and the NBA being on a fast track to a lockout in the very

near future.

Here are a few snippets from the Full audio interview

Did you see them [Dwyane Wade and LeBron James] as whiners pertaining to every time they get touched by a defender they were looking for a foul?

“My thing is anybody who don’t say 100 percent of things positive about them is a LeBron or

a Heat hater. Like when we criticized ‘The Decision.’ Oh y’all just haters and we all came on

stage dancing which I’m like ‘That’s just stupid.’ Then when you get on their and say ‘We

are going to win not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, seven championships.’ I’m

like ‘Dude relax. Calm down. Win one first.’ That was unnecessary then during the season

when they were struggling they’d get on TV and say ‘Well I guess the world is happy now

the Heat are losing.’ I’m like ‘Dude don’t flatter yourself. Nobody is thinking about y’all.’

I just never thought he was the star the media portrayed him to be?

“But you know what he did that to himself. Calling himself ‘The King.’ Talking about he was

going to be a global icon. LeBron has to take some responsibility now. I mean you give

yourself the nickname ‘The King’ and you talk about how you want to be a global icon and

you do that silly ‘Decision Thing.’ I had a couple of problems with that ‘Decision Thing.’

Number one he shouldn’t have did it, but also thought he should have called the Cleveland

Cavaliers in advance and said ‘Hey you know what I’m going to Miami.’ That would have

been the proper thing to do. Like I said if he just said ‘Hey you know what I’m from Akron.

Cleveland is my home. The people have treated me great, but I want to go a place where I

can win multiple championships.’ This whole thing could have been avoided to be honest

with you. If he just said ‘Let me just chill out a little bit.’ But again let me tell you this quick

little story. See my brother wanted to work for me. I said ‘You are not going to work for me.

A young kid can’t work for me. A young kid don’t understand what goes on in my life in

dealing with these billionaires every day whether it’s NIKE or the 76ers or the Rockets.’ I

don’t want a 25-26 year old kid in the room with me. I thought LeBron’s biggest mistake he

ever made was hiring all of his home boys. What I mean by that is you should always have

some old people around you. You should always have some older people around you. Are his

home boys good guys? I think they are good guys. Are they nice guys? Yeah I think they

are nice guys, but they still 26. They still 26. You ain’t experience nothing in our life at 26 to

make you make adult decisions that somebody who is 35…That is one thing I’ve always tell

you. The greatest thing ever to happen to me was Doctor J, Moses Malone, Maurice Cheeks,

Andrew Toney, Clemon Johnson and Bobby Jones. They taught me more about life than they

did about basketball. I wish LeBron would get some older people around him to say ‘Hey

dude let’s think about this Decision thing you are going to do.’ Of course his home boys are

like ‘Yeah dude it’s going to be great. You are going to be the center of attention and

everybody is going to be watching.’ I’m like maybe we should call the Cavaliers in advance.

Some stuff like that I wish he would get some older people around him.”

Other comments by Barkley

Also he talks about Dirk being the best European player ever.

Lebron needs to get his big as* down in the post. image

and more..

42 comments for "Charles Barkley on LeBron and Miami: "The thing that has really bothered me is they...""

6 years ago '09        #2
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,971 | Props total: 22239 22239
is this the same one where he compared scottie pippen and magic johnson?
 6 years ago '08        #3
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:
No sir different interview. Which one are you talking about
 6 years ago '09        #4
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,409 | Props total: 12350 12350
 TriniSoldier said:
Nah that was a different one
 6 years ago '09        #5
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,971 | Props total: 22239 22239
there's one that they've been replaying on tv for like the past 2 days where he was talking about lebron and said he's more like scottie pippen and magic johnson, because he doesn't have the k!ller instinct like michael

but iight, since its a different one it seems ill skim through this one and see what that n*gga is talmbout this time
 6 years ago '08        #6
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:
there's one that they've been replaying on tv for like the past 2 days where he was talking about lebron and said he's more like scottie pippen and magic johnson, because he doesn't have the k!ller instinct like michael

but iight, since its a different one it seems ill skim through this one and see what that n*gga is talmbout this time
Oh ok, that's the one they have been playing on espn. That one is with Mike Lupica on espn 1050, nah this one's on a Philly radio station.
 6 years ago '09        #7
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,409 | Props total: 12350 12350
The one thing I do agree with is the LeBron not having any real leaders in his life or camp that are older people.

Another thing that got lost in the season was when everybody said Pat Riley is putting his foot down and not giving LeBron all those perks he got in Cleveland. He aint letting his boys hang around and travel with the team yet they did travel with the team. They did get to hang around practices and the locker room. They didn't get to actually be right on the bench but they did get seats right next to the bench like Jack or some sh*t.
 6 years ago '11        #8
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
That was unnecessary then during the season

when they were struggling they’d get on TV and say ‘Well I guess the world is happy now

the Heat are losing.’ I’m like ‘Dude don’t flatter yourself. Nobody is thinking about y’all.’
lol its obvious EVERYONE was and still is thinking about them.. even after Dallas won, theres still more attention on the Heat than the Mavericks..
 6 years ago '08        #9
space
space
 TriniSoldier said:

props
 6 years ago '07        #10
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6114 6114
He has a point about LBJ's crew. his boys are dudes he came up with that lived in poverty just like him with no real knowledge of the world probably saying "yes" to everything he does because he's hooking them up and got them living nice. Theres no one around to tell this n*gga "no" and to put him in check and help him make better decisions.

this is an epidemic you see with athletes and rappers. their entourage consists of folks they grew up with and they have this "everybody gotta eat" mentality. but when it all falls down is that crew gonna be there to help pick up the pieces?

6 years ago '08        #11
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
He has a point about LBJ's crew. his boys are dudes he came up with that lived in poverty just like him with no real knowledge of the world probably saying "yes" to everything he does because he's hooking them up and got them living nice. Theres no one around to tell this n*gga "no" and to put him in check and help him make better decisions.

this is an epidemic you see with athletes and rappers. their entourage consists of folks they grew up with and they have this "everybody gotta eat" mentality. but when it all falls down is that crew gonna be there to help pick up the pieces?

6 years ago '04        #12
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,867 | Props total: 67 67
Chuck on Philly radio with my boy Howard?

He made some good points... and said some sh*t completely out of his a.ss. No one was thinking about Miami when they lost? fu*k outta here Chuck. I know my news feed was overrunning with it (prob 10% from me ) All the trending topics about Miami losing, constant ESPN coverage, etc. Even when these dudes would lose back to back games people would lose their minds.
 6 years ago '08        #13
space
space
 Gtownkid04 said:
Chuck on Philly radio with my boy Howard?

He made some good points... and said some sh*t completely out of his a.ss. No one was thinking about Miami when they lost? fu*k outta here Chuck. I know my news feed was overrunning with it (prob 10% from me ) All the trending topics about Miami losing, constant ESPN coverage, etc. Even when these dudes would lose back to back games people would lose their minds.
Miami still getting more media coverage than Dallas and they lost. Crazy

Last edited by T2THEONE; 06-14-2011 at 05:09 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #14
JaYYo 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,027 | Props total: 563 563
Dwayne Wade holding his eye at the end of that one game was just too much its like cmon son

[pic - click to view]

LOL @ Wade holdin Dirks leg lol

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #15
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,375 | Props total: 69918 69918
same words different thread from chuck
 6 years ago '05        #16
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 3093 3093
No one cares when heat loses huh?? Twitter, Facebook, and ESPN beg to differ...
 06-15-2011, 12:56 AM         #17
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Barkley has a crusade going against the Heat.
 6 years ago '08        #18
Hollywood Rel 
space
space
$312 | Props total: 0 0
Lebron is the only person in his crew that is 26 though...for what its worth
 6 years ago '04        #19
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
Andrew Toney got a shout-out, aha nice!