Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Is your city on the list?

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
6663 pageviews
99 comments

SM 38199 heat pts38199
space
space
$128,022 | Props total: 67748 67748
Jun 14 - Top Ten America's Dirtiest Cities

TOP 10 DIRTIEST U.S. CITIES

1. New Orleans
2. Philadelphia
3. Los Angeles
4. Memphis
5. New York
6. Baltimore
7. Las vegas
8. Miami
9. Atlanta
10. Houston
How do you define a city's soul? For a lot of travelers, it's in the dirt.

Atlanta ad exec Patrick Scullin, for instance, loves Baltimore—but not because it's particularly pristine. "Yes, there's litter, smokers, and graffiti," he says, "but that's just life going on. The air sometimes offends, but a cool breeze off the harbor can ease all worries. It's a gem of a city."

While such sentiments don't appear in tourist brochures, that glorious grit has landed Baltimore in the Top 10 dirtiest cities, as chosen by Travel + Leisure readers in the annual America's Favorite Cities survey. Of course, visitors gauge "dirty" in a variety of ways: litter, air pollution, even the taste of local tap water.

This year's American State Litter Scorecard, published by advocacy group the American Society for Public Administration, put both Nevada and Louisiana in the bottom five—echoing the a.ssessment of T+L readers who ranked Las Vegas and New Orleans among America's dirtiest cities.

Likewise, the American Lung a.ssociation releases an annual State of the Air report, listing cities with the least (and most) pollution. Not surprisingly, Los Angeles fared poorly again this year—but so did Phoenix, which T+L readers actually ranked among the top 15 "cleanest."

It just goes to show that for casual visitors, passing judgment on a city's dirt factor is pretty subjective—and may even have a lot to do with a general vibe. Many of the cities that ranked poorly in the AFC survey also tanked when it came to environmental awareness, nice public parks, or pedestrian-friendly streets.

On the bright side, those same dirty cities also offer a lot of, well, atmosphere. Memphis, Las Vegas, and Miami ranked highly for having great bar scenes, live music, or quirky people-watching.

So while no one would dissuade a city from doing some renovations or stepping up its recycling, there is something to be said for a little disheveled charm. "I love New York City because it's not pristine," says Kaamna Bhojwani-Dhawan, founder of family travel site MomAboard. "It's a city that has never shunned a chance to fully experience life—and it has the scars to prove it."

[pic - click to view]

America's dirtiest cities include popular tourist destinations

99 comments for "Jun 14 - Top Ten America's Dirtiest Cities"

7 years ago '07        #2
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,626 | Props total: 3272 3272
Philadelphia is disgusting
 7 years ago '04        #3
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,666 | Props total: 5350 5350
Dirty a.ss cities .. Im glad the D aint on there ..
 7 years ago '09        #4
Msfourfteleven 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,788 | Props total: 586 586
 SM said:

How do you define a city's soul? For a lot of travelers, it's in the dirt.

Atlanta ad exec Patrick Scullin, for instance, loves Baltimore—but not because it's particularly pristine. "Yes, there's litter, smokers, and graffiti," he says, "but that's just life going on. The air sometimes offends, but a cool breeze off the harbor can ease all worries. It's a gem of a city."While such sentiments don't appear in tourist brochures, that glorious grit has landed Baltimore in the Top 10 dirtiest cities, as chosen by Travel + Leisure readers in the annual America's Favorite Cities survey. Of course, visitors gauge "dirty" in a variety of ways: litter, air pollution, even the taste of local tap water.

This year's American State Litter Scorecard, published by advocacy group the American Society for Public Administration, put both Nevada and Louisiana in the bottom five—echoing the a.ssessment of T+L readers who ranked Las Vegas and New Orleans among America's dirtiest cities.

Likewise, the American Lung a.ssociation releases an annual State of the Air report, listing cities with the least (and most) pollution. Not surprisingly, Los Angeles fared poorly again this year—but so did Phoenix, which T+L readers actually ranked among the top 15 "cleanest."

It just goes to show that for casual visitors, passing judgment on a city's dirt factor is pretty subjective—and may even have a lot to do with a general vibe. Many of the cities that ranked poorly in the AFC survey also tanked when it came to environmental awareness, nice public parks, or pedestrian-friendly streets.

On the bright side, those same dirty cities also offer a lot of, well, atmosphere. Memphis, Las Vegas, and Miami ranked highly for having great bar scenes, live music, or quirky people-watching.

So while no one would dissuade a city from doing some renovations or stepping up its recycling, there is something to be said for a little disheveled charm. "I love New York City because it's not pristine," says Kaamna Bhojwani-Dhawan, founder of family travel site MomAboard. "It's a city that has never shunned a chance to fully experience life—and it has the scars to prove it."

7 years ago '07        #5
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
What??? No midwest cities (specifically Ohio cities)??? I cant believe it but good list....i guess
 7 years ago '06        #6
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 wtr1906 said:
What??? No midwest cities (specifically Ohio cities)??? I cant believe it but good list....i guess
Nope, to be honet we are one of the cleaner areas now - the upside to the loss of companies in the area; waste. I still would think NYC would be number one - just so many people its hard to keep clean
 7 years ago '07        #7
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
glad to see oakland didn't make it
 7 years ago '05        #8
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
I knew philly would be on there
 7 years ago '07        #9
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 poeknock said:
I knew philly would be on there

Anybody that has ever been to Philly knew that they were going to be on this list
 7 years ago '09        #10
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 ghost8 said:
Anybody that has ever been to Philly knew that they were going to be on this list
new york is mad dirtier than philly
 7 years ago '08        #11
foestacks 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,742 | Props total: 1228 1228
Miami?
 06-14-2011, 10:48 AM         #12
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 davilla24c said:
Miami?
its bigger than just south beach
 7 years ago '05        #13
TCalico87 36 heat pts36
space
space
$1,384 | Props total: 45 45
Memphis on another list!

For those of you who have never been to Memphis, its not that bad.
 7 years ago '08        #14
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$3,464 | Props total: 593 593
In terms of dirtiest and grimmest looking city, no doubt is Philly. Baltimore was pretty nice, i liked it and maybe it should not be in that list.

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 06-14-2011 at 12:31 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #15
Clutch City Kid 139 heat pts139
space
space
$28,351 | Props total: 28785 28785
Seattle sh*ts on a soooo many of the major cities!!!
 7 years ago '06        #16
bigkilla 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,594 | Props total: 5413 5413
I honestly never been to most spots but I still think NYC should be number 1.. the amout of tourists and just people that don't give a fu*k is ridiculous every day.
 7 years ago '04        #17
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 TERRANCE CRACK said:
new york is mad dirtier than philly
No way in hell. I went to college near there, and just visited some friends in CCity, that place is a dump.
 7 years ago '07        #18
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 RustyLorcin said:
In terms of dirtiest and grimmest looking city, no doubt is Philly. Baltimore was pretty nice, i liked it and maybe it should not be in that list.

Baltimore definitely belongs on this. You probably only have been to downtown BMore around the harbor. Everything outside of that is a complete dump.
 06-14-2011, 03:01 PM         #19
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Atlanta stay losing
 7 years ago '05        #20
Gateway972 47 heat pts47
space
space
$2,688 | Props total: 343 343
I just drove through memphis last week and felt that i needed a shower
Home         

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
61 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
107 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy