WOW! Eminem has 2 albums go diamond! First rapper to do so

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #101
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
 Curtisimo said:
Took Jay-z 3 albums to sell 5 million one time

Eminem drops one album with just that wack a.ss my name is singles catered to little confused, spoiled, and bored white kids in suburbia and goes 5 millions easily.

n*ggaz need to understand the buisness side of music.

80% of hiphop consumers(people who buy records) are white or have v*ginas

if you got an artist that caters to that demographic on the hiphop side and also crosses over to other genre demographics and music markets because of an obvious physical trait obviously it's going outsell anything and everything that only caters to that demographic for one project or one song or doesn't at all.

Eminem is talented and one of the greatest rappers to touch the mic but let's be real he's a product that will sell because of how his image is. And his skin color has alot to do with that image.
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 06-14-2011, 08:59 PM         #102
The Rebel INS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:

Eminem drops one album with just that wack a.ss my name is singles catered to little confused, spoiled, and bored white kids in suburbia and goes 5 millions easily.

if you got an artist that caters to that demographic on the hiphop side and also crosses over to other genre demographics and music markets because of an obvious physical trait obviously it's going outsell anything and everything that only caters to that demographic for one project or one song or doesn't at all.

Eminem is talented and one of the greatest rappers to touch the mic but let's be real he's a product that will sell because of how his image is. And his skin color has alot to do with that image.

6 years ago '09        #103
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
 Curtisimo said:

You are basing TSSLP off My Name is?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

06-14-2011, 09:08 PM         #104
The Rebel INS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 awall said:
Yeah and black men in their 30's are doing the same thing. Black rappers have to work 20 times harder than this white boy will ever have to.

OK i ask u............. IS there any album that eminem could put out and it wont go platinum?
i mean if eminem put out a country album, will white kids not buy it?
He could put out chicken scratch napkins these days and it would go platinum...

But thats cuz hes a superstar... Him being white has much to do with it thats why agreed with the previous post... But he spits wack a.ss sh*t blah blah blah he only sold cuz hes white attitude is stupid.... Shows that your close minded.

Why didnt vanilla ice blow the fu*k up... Or what about the other 30 or so dope white rappers that cant make it big...

Eminems talent/controversy/timing/producer/skin color were all aspects of why he sold...

Last edited by The Rebel INS; 06-14-2011 at 09:12 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #105
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
 SouthSide King said:
50 next, Get rich and Massacre goin diamond

Already done...sold 12 mill worldwide!
 06-14-2011, 09:14 PM         #106
The Rebel INS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheChampIsHere! said:
Already done...sold 12 mill worldwide!
Lol for a record to go Diamond it has to have sold 10 million in US alone...
 6 years ago '05        #107
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
 The Rebel INS said:
Lol for a record to go Diamond it has to have sold 10 million in US alone...

Let you tell it....
 6 years ago '10        #108
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
 pkilla111 said:
*fixed
wayne wouldnt sell sh*t if he was white..... he says the n word all the time people would lable him a racist, annoying gimmick and throw him to the side
 06-14-2011, 09:20 PM         #109
The Rebel INS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you people act like content doesnt effect sales... Im not denying his skin colour does but common...

Why did recovery sell more than relapse...

Why did mmlp sell more than encore...

CONTENT... Eminem wasnt tanned for those months common

Last edited by The Rebel INS; 06-14-2011 at 09:22 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #110
space
space
 The Rebel INS said:
you people act like content doesnt effect sales... Im not denying his skin colour does but common...

Thats the thing they think everything he puts out sells the same no matter what but clearly Encore and Relapse break that mould. They both sold well but Encore sold half of what his previous 2 albums sold and Relapse sold less than half of what his next album would go onto sell
 6 years ago '04        #111
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,419 | Props total: 6447 6447
 The Rebel INS said:

love the way you lie>> anything on relapse single wise

encore is his worse album to me

06-14-2011, 09:30 PM         #112
The Rebel INS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Thats the thing they think everything he puts out sells the same no matter what but clearly Encore and Relapse break that mould. They both sold well but Encore sold half of what his previous 2 albums sold and Relapse sold less than half of what his next album would go onto sell
Exactly...

they mind set is...

Your white you rap... MASS APPEAL!!!!!!!

smh at some ppl
 06-14-2011, 09:43 PM         #113
The Rebel INS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ Eminem had already solidified his name in the game by that point... Both albums were HIGHLY anticipated

If he droped encore in 1999

everything would be different...

Last edited by The Rebel INS; 06-14-2011 at 09:45 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #114
space
space
 The Rebel INS said:
^^ Eminem had already solidified his name in the game by that point... Both albums were HIGHLY anticipated

If he droped encore in 1999

everything would be different...
greatest hits don't sell that damn much for rappers though
 06-14-2011, 09:53 PM         #115
The Rebel INS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
greatest hits don't sell that damn much for rappers though
ems greatest hits are classic most rappers arnt... And pacs greatest hits sold a sh*t ton so did dmx's and so on...

If you never owned the first three albums or were to young at the time you copped the greatest hits. That goes for any dope artist...
 06-14-2011, 09:59 PM         #116
The Rebel INS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
Whatever dog 50cent went from going diamond to gold

Jay-z went 5 million once and consistantly sells 1.5-2 million records on albums that are highly anticipated. sh*t his the black album only sold 3 million and that was well praised and he was supposed to bow out after that

I'm sorry brah only eminem can drop duds and sell 4 million records like nothing, in declining music market at that.

Not hating but I see what's going on and other people do too, so don't get defensive when people point sh*t out. If eminem was really making the best music for the past 12 years I would give him a past but he aint have an hot album in 7 years before he droped recovery and between that time frame he still outsold n*ggaz like Kanye West and sh*t who was at the prime of his career. Who might I add also apeals to the same demographic as em
I hear you homie... Im taking aim at people who cant back up there own opinions...

You can and you make sence I agree that he drop duds and sell like no one... But to souly say cause hes white is wrong.
 6 years ago '10        #117
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,853 | Props total: 13305 13305
eminem is extremely popular because he's good at doing a black thing just like tiger woods is for being good at a white thing. if their skin colors were reversed neither would be nearly as popular
 6 years ago '09        #118
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
LMAO @ this

Domesticaly Relapse sold like 3 million Encore sold like 4 million his greatest hits sold like 4 million

You acting like any other rapper could pull that off regularly
They are good numbers but they disprove the theory he can put anything out and do really great numbers everytime, obviously his fans care about content more than people are willing to let on

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-14-2011 at 10:16 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #119
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Whatever dog 50cent went from going diamond to gold

Jay-z went 5 million once and consistantly sells 1.5-2 million records on albums that are highly anticipated. sh*t his the black album only sold 3 million and that was well praised and he was supposed to bow out after that

I'm sorry brah only eminem can drop duds and sell 4 million records like nothing, in declining music market at that.

Not hating but I see what's going on and other people do too, so don't get defensive when people point sh*t out. If eminem was really making the best music for the past 12 years I would give him a past but he aint have an hot album in 7 years before he droped recovery and between that time frame he still outsold n*ggaz like Kanye West and sh*t who was at the prime of his career. Who might I add also apeals to the same demographic as em
How does Kanyes music appeal to the same people as Eminems? they are chalk and cheese, make totally different music and would definitely appeal to different fanbases

Eminem wasnt releasing albums in the 7 years you are referring to
 6 years ago '04        #120
space
space
i knew girls when i was in grade school that didn't listen to rap at all but bought eminem cds. he did/does have a female fan base which is odd with the kind of music he does. im not saying eminem is not good. people just saying that his fan base isn't exactly the normal rapper fan base
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy