Lil Wayne, Birdman Hit With Third Lawsuit In One Week

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
6696 pageviews
63 comments

SM 38199 heat pts38199
space
space
$128,016 | Props total: 67723 67723
Lil Wayne, Birdman Hit With Third Lawsuit In One Week

Exclusive: Rappers Lil Wayne and Bryan "Birdman" Willams have been hit with their third lawsuit this week, as music publishing company to Bridgeport Music filed a lawsuit against the pair yesterday (June 10th).

Bridgeport Music filed the lawsuit against Cash Money Records in the Central District of California Western division yesterday.

The copyright infringement lawsuit claims Birdman illegally sampled the song "You and Your Folks, Me and My Folks," a tune by Funkadelic off their classic 1971 album Maggot Brain.

The pair allegedly illegally used the sample on the track "Army Gunz," taken from Birdman's 2006 album Like Father, Like Son.

Bridgeport's action is the third lawsuit brought against Lil Wayne, Cash Money and Young Money this week alone.

On June 9th producers Play-N-Skillz sued Lil Wayne for $1 million over unpaid royalties related to the track "Got Money" from his hit album Tha Carter III.

Last Friday (June 3rd), Lil Wayne was hit with a $1.5 million dollar lawsuit by producer David Kirkwood, who claims he's owed unpaid royalties from Lil Wayne's label Young Money, as well as Cash Money Records.

In March, Lil Wayne was sued for $20 million by producer Darius "Deezle" Harrison over unpaid royalties for his work while Tha Carter III.

Producer Bangladesh also sued over Tha Carter III, seeking his portion of royalties for his production work on the album.

Lil Wayne is currently preparing for the release of Tha Carter IV, which will be released in August.

[pic - click to view]

AllHipHop.com Daily News - : Exclusive: Lil Wayne, Birdman Hit With Third Lawsuit In One Week

63 comments for "Lil Wayne, Birdman Hit With Third Lawsuit In One Week"

06-11-2011, 03:27 PM         #2
zCapo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol .... Strip club money
 7 years ago '04        #3
JHOVA6178 
space
space
$856 | Props total: 0 0
all that money blowing away buyin this and that and cant fu*king pay the producer.....smh
 7 years ago '04        #4
187Proof 472 heat pts472
space
space
$6,262 | Props total: 6407 6407
 JHOVA6178 said:
all that money blowing away buyin this and that and cant fu*king pay the producer.....smh
Something tells me they wouldn't have any problem with being able to pay these people....if they wanted to.
 7 years ago '09        #5
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
Maybe they should start throwing the $1 dollar bills they were fu*king around at that wh0ore house to the people they owe. Lets all hope that Dallas team win 1 more game and that d!ckhead Birdman loses $2million

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-11-2011 at 04:04 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #6
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Maybe they should start throwing the $1 dollar bills they were fu*king around at that wh0ore house to the people they owe. Lets all hope that Dallas team win 1 more game and that d!ckhead Birdman loses $2million
did he bet 2million on the heat?
 7 years ago '09        #7
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
 YARKONE said:
did he bet 2million on the heat?
Yes, he always has to announce these things for some reason. He bet on them after the 1st game so they would of been sh*t odds to risk that much money on if he actually did the bet.

From his twitter
"YMCMBu$iness I Bet. 2million on tha MiaMi Heat,"

Obviously confident in his odds—and the skills of Lebron James and Dwyane Wade—the Big Tymer says he's going to use his winnings to get his roll on.
"Goin bye me another muthafkin WHip.we tha BusiNESS.I'm on 1.mula krazy,"

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 06-11-2011 at 04:24 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #8
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
I don't have much sympathy for producers anymore, well actually mainly just people who make beats. That fu*king industry is so oversaturated with people giving away their work for free, people selling the same sounding beats and people using cheap computer software like FruityLoops.

If you're a producer you need to find something else in the music industry to make your money at. There's way too many fish in the pond who will give their work up for free or undercut you or make something sound just as good as your sh*t on a program like FruityLoops. So when these artists decide not to pay you it's because they don't respect you, because you're replaceable. It's a damn shame

When you think about it we only got a handful of REAL music producers who are unique and have mastered their craft but half of them don't get any real work because they're unknown or Lex Luger jr just got done using his newly downloaded 808drum kit to make them same beat he's been making and give to Waka for $200

Last edited by Zaosyn; 06-11-2011 at 04:24 PM..
 06-11-2011, 04:16 PM         #9
Pat McGroin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #10
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
 Zaosyn said:
I don't have much sympathy for producers anymore, well actually mainly just people who make beats. That fu*king industry is so oversaturated with people giving away their work for free, people selling the same sounding beats and people using cheap computer software like FruityLoops.

If you're a producer you need to find something else in the music industry to make your money at. There's way too many fish in the pond who will give their work up for free or undercut you or make something sound just as good as your sh*t on a program like FruityLoops. So when these artists decide not to pay you it's because you're replaceable. It's a damn shame

When you think about it we only got a handful of REAL music producers who are unique and have mastered their craft but half of them don't get any real work because they're unknown or Lex Luger jr just got done using his newly downloaded 808drum kit to make them same beat he's been making and give to Waka for $200
Realest sh*t ever wrote
 7 years ago '04        #11
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
 SM said:

Exclusive: Rappers Lil Wayne and Bryan "Birdman" Willams have been hit with their third lawsuit this week, as music publishing company to Bridgeport Music filed a lawsuit against the pair yesterday (June 10th).

Bridgeport Music filed the lawsuit against Cash Money Records in the Central District of California Western division yesterday.

The copyright infringement lawsuit claims Birdman illegally sampled the song "You and Your Folks, Me and My Folks," a tune by Funkadelic off their classic 1971 album Maggot Brain.

The pair allegedly illegally used the sample on the track "Army Gunz," taken from Birdman's 2006 album Like Father, Like Son.

Bridgeport's action is the third lawsuit brought against Lil Wayne, Cash Money and Young Money this week alone.

On June 9th producers Play-N-Skillz sued Lil Wayne for $1 million over unpaid royalties related to the track "Got Money" from his hit album Tha Carter III.

Last Friday (June 3rd), Lil Wayne was hit with a $1.5 million dollar lawsuit by producer David Kirkwood, who claims he's owed unpaid royalties from Lil Wayne's label Young Money, as well as Cash Money Records.

In March, Lil Wayne was sued for $20 million by producer Darius "Deezle" Harrison over unpaid royalties for his work while Tha Carter III.

Producer Bangladesh also sued over Tha Carter III, seeking his portion of royalties for his production work on the album.

Lil Wayne is currently preparing for the release of Tha Carter IV, which will be released in August.

i'm still learning but wouldnt the funkdelic part be the responsibility of the producer to alert them that the song has a sample in it so it can be cleared before hand?

and imo these producers are suing over royalties, but if they sell the beat outright are they still entitled to royalties?
 7 years ago '04        #12
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,477 | Props total: 16296 16296
Ima stack dem hoez op till ahundred million dalluz den payem beleave dat plaboi.....

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #13
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,441 | Props total: 6510 6510
 diamond diva said:
i'm still learning but wouldnt the funkdelic part be the responsibility of the producer to alert them that the song has a sample in it so it can be cleared before hand?

and imo these producers are suing over royalties, but if they sell the beat outright are they still entitled to royalties?
i remember when flip got sued on game over for the pac man sample. nick fury didn't get sued at all in that case i don't think. might of been in the contract
 7 years ago '04        #14
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
 justinjones said:
i remember when flip got sued on game over for the pac man sample. nick fury didn't get sued at all in that case i don't think. might of been in the contract
i wanna say that was the reason that bangledesh got shushed behind the a milli thing his sample wasn't cleared and they had to wind up paying for that

bottomline these producers need to stop selling beats outright and then coming back later talkin about they want royalties, thats not how it works
 7 years ago '04        #15
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,565 | Props total: 2425 2425
Producers make the beats so wouldn't it be there job to make sure the sample gets cleared?
 06-12-2011, 12:00 AM         #16
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
(AllHipHop News) Rappers Lil Wayne and Bryan "Birdman" Willams have been hit with their third lawsuit this week, as music publishing company to Bridgeport Music filed a lawsuit against the pair yesterday (June 10th).

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #17
beeasy50 69 heat pts69
space
space
$778 | Props total: 112 112
Why wait 5 years???
 7 years ago '11        #18
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 beeasy50 said:
Why wait 5 years???
Forreal tho

Bangladesh like
[pic - click to view]

"We can sue these n*ggas?"
 7 years ago '08        #19
barack obama 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,730 | Props total: 100 100
god damn , third in one week.. I mean you must be doing SOMETHING shady/illegal for that many to come out, these people aren't just making sh*t up for fun, you can clearly hear the samples...
 7 years ago '08        #20
barack obama 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,730 | Props total: 100 100
 beeasy50 said:
Why wait 5 years???
Could be a couple reasons, it could of took them a couple years to hear it, if you ever had to go to court, you know its the slowest process ever, sh*t can take years just to file a suit sometimes...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago