FourZeroTwo says MW3 Multiplayer will not have Second Chance/LS, Nukes, OMA, Commando + More!
[pic - click to view]
This is great news. Its not an article on a game site, but Robert Bowling (FourZeroTwo) who is the "Creative Strategist" at InfinityWard had a Q&A session on Reddit he linked it from his twitter so its legit.
What are some examples of the loved and less-loved stuff you'll be removing/implementing in multiplayer?
Loved: High gun damage, gun on gun focus, depth of features but simplistic in design.
Less-loved & removed: OMA, Commando, Overpowered Explosives, Nukes, Last Stand aka Second Chance perk.
some another notable things he said was
Q: Will there be a MW3 MP beta?
fourzerotwo: There will definitely be an internal one, but we haven't decided or confirmed if there will be a public one.
Q: What do you feel has been the single best improvement (that you can reveal) for MW3 over MW2 (or Black Ops)?
fourzerotwo: Spec Ops by far. Adding in the matchmaking, progressive ranking, k!llstreaks and unlocks, and wave based modes have made Spec Ops everything we always wanted it to be when we first introduced it. Also, returning to gun on gun focused multiplayer is a big thing for me.
I have a few questions/suggestions...(A lot of them are PS3 questions, since PS3 users are still dealing with Treyarchs screw ups on BO)
Unlike Black ops, you guys are committed to 60fps on all consoles. Does the same apply to resolution (Will PS3 version be gimped to 540p, or both run at 600p?)
This runs the IW 4.0 Engine Correct? Care to outline any adjustments made to that? (Streaming tech, etc)
Will dive to prone/dolphin dive be present in MW3?
Can you comment at all on the IW/Activision/Respawn suit? If not, understandable....However my main concern is that MW3 will lose the IW "look and feel" with a whole new team working on it. So I ask you, to answer in all honesty, does this play like MW2 and COD4?
Invite system on the PS3 is something that IW always screws up (no offense). Please make private matches private, and introduce a similar invite system that black ops used.
What is IW stance on Sniping in MW3? Will it be gimped? (Saw you answered this already)
Will weapons have a bit more recoil in MW3 compared to MW2? Is that something you guys are working on now?
Balance Noob Tubes..they were obviously OP in MW2....You and I both know that :)
Please, and I quote you from a MW2 interview, "QA The fu*k" out of the game
Lots of questions here, so I'll take them one by one:
1) The frame rate (always above 60 FPS) and resolution will be the same across all platforms.
2) No, this runs on the MW3 engine, which would typically be named IW5 but out of respect of our co-development partners at Sledgehammer games we are simply referring to it as the MW3 engine. It is upgraded from the engine we used in Modern Warfare 2. There have been a lot of advances, mostly in streaming tech to allow us to get the scale of levels we're doing in Modern Warfare 3 and maintain gameplay consistency with the framerate and smoothness. We've got a lot of audio stuff mostly adding situational awareness like bullet wizzbys and other subtle upgrades. A lot of lighting stuff updates as well.
3) No, there is no dive to prone in Modern Warfare 3.
4) I absolutely can not comment on litigation. To me the game plays like Call of Duty 4 in terms of gameplay style, but with the smoothness of MW2 plus the new advances we've made. Furthermore, its not an all new team. We do have new people, but less than half left, with a lot of MW veterans remaining who continue to be passionate about the franchise.
5) We've been doing a lot of work on private match, especially on PS3 and plan to address this issue for you.
6) Yes, this was noted by several of our Spec Ops hands on players at E3, check out the comments @z0mgItsHutch
made on Twitter after playing spec ops.
7) Yes, and we've removed Commando.
8) Explosives as a whole have been re-balanced to make them the support tool they're intended to be not a primary weapon of attack.
9) Yes sir.
What changes are being made to the multiplayer for MW3 compared to MW2? Will MW3 be more balanced this time around?
From a design philosophy point of view, we are building up from Call of Duty 4, bringing the stuff we liked from Modern Warfare 2, losing the stuff we (and you) universally did not but overall focusing more on the gun-on-gun fast paced infantry combat, less relying on air support, but still using it as its intended (to aid in your f!ght, not supplement it).
I can't give too many hard facts on multiplayer at this time due to the fact that we're very much still balancing, tweaking, and adding to it daily.
For sure things I have confirmed is the fact that we removed One Man Army, Commando, re-balanced all explosives, maintained high gun damage without relying on Stopping Power to keep firef!ghts fast paced but closer to COD4's balance.
It sounds like the MW3 team wanted to make MW3 more like COD4 instead of MW2, and they are saying a lot of things that sounds very promising especially the whole "don't bring a knife to a gun f!ght" thing they are pushing.
MUCH MORE TO BE READ BELOW
[pic - click to view] IAm Robert Bowling, Creative Strategist on Modern Warfare 3 AMA : IAmA
Last edited by K1; 06-11-2011 at 05:30 AM..