FourZeroTwo says MW3 Multiplayer will not have Second Chance/LS, Nukes, OMA, Commando + More!

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
7085 pageviews
84 comments

K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
FourZeroTwo says MW3 Multiplayer will not have Second Chance/LS, Nukes, OMA, Commando + More!

[pic - click to view]

This is great news. Its not an article on a game site, but Robert Bowling (FourZeroTwo) who is the "Creative Strategist" at InfinityWard had a Q&A session on Reddit he linked it from his twitter so its legit.

Q:
What are some examples of the loved and less-loved stuff you'll be removing/implementing in multiplayer?

fourzerotwo:
Loved: High gun damage, gun on gun focus, depth of features but simplistic in design.
Less-loved & removed: OMA, Commando, Overpowered Explosives, Nukes, Last Stand aka Second Chance perk.
some another notable things he said was
Q: Will there be a MW3 MP beta?

fourzerotwo: There will definitely be an internal one, but we haven't decided or confirmed if there will be a public one.
-------

Q: What do you feel has been the single best improvement (that you can reveal) for MW3 over MW2 (or Black Ops)?

fourzerotwo: Spec Ops by far. Adding in the matchmaking, progressive ranking, k!llstreaks and unlocks, and wave based modes have made Spec Ops everything we always wanted it to be when we first introduced it. Also, returning to gun on gun focused multiplayer is a big thing for me.
--------
Q:
I have a few questions/suggestions...(A lot of them are PS3 questions, since PS3 users are still dealing with Treyarchs screw ups on BO)

Unlike Black ops, you guys are committed to 60fps on all consoles. Does the same apply to resolution (Will PS3 version be gimped to 540p, or both run at 600p?)
This runs the IW 4.0 Engine Correct? Care to outline any adjustments made to that? (Streaming tech, etc)
Will dive to prone/dolphin dive be present in MW3?
Can you comment at all on the IW/Activision/Respawn suit? If not, understandable....However my main concern is that MW3 will lose the IW "look and feel" with a whole new team working on it. So I ask you, to answer in all honesty, does this play like MW2 and COD4?
Invite system on the PS3 is something that IW always screws up (no offense). Please make private matches private, and introduce a similar invite system that black ops used.
What is IW stance on Sniping in MW3? Will it be gimped? (Saw you answered this already)
Will weapons have a bit more recoil in MW3 compared to MW2? Is that something you guys are working on now?
Knife Lunge=Reduced?
Balance Noob Tubes..they were obviously OP in MW2....You and I both know that :)
Please, and I quote you from a MW2 interview, "QA The fu*k" out of the game

FourzeroTwo:
Lots of questions here, so I'll take them one by one:

1) The frame rate (always above 60 FPS) and resolution will be the same across all platforms.

2) No, this runs on the MW3 engine, which would typically be named IW5 but out of respect of our co-development partners at Sledgehammer games we are simply referring to it as the MW3 engine. It is upgraded from the engine we used in Modern Warfare 2. There have been a lot of advances, mostly in streaming tech to allow us to get the scale of levels we're doing in Modern Warfare 3 and maintain gameplay consistency with the framerate and smoothness. We've got a lot of audio stuff mostly adding situational awareness like bullet wizzbys and other subtle upgrades. A lot of lighting stuff updates as well.

3) No, there is no dive to prone in Modern Warfare 3.

4) I absolutely can not comment on litigation. To me the game plays like Call of Duty 4 in terms of gameplay style, but with the smoothness of MW2 plus the new advances we've made. Furthermore, its not an all new team. We do have new people, but less than half left, with a lot of MW veterans remaining who continue to be passionate about the franchise.

5) We've been doing a lot of work on private match, especially on PS3 and plan to address this issue for you.

6) Yes, this was noted by several of our Spec Ops hands on players at E3, check out the comments @z0mgItsHutch

made on Twitter after playing spec ops.

7) Yes, and we've removed Commando.

8) Explosives as a whole have been re-balanced to make them the support tool they're intended to be not a primary weapon of attack.

9) Yes sir.
------

Q:
What changes are being made to the multiplayer for MW3 compared to MW2? Will MW3 be more balanced this time around?

Fourzerotwo:
From a design philosophy point of view, we are building up from Call of Duty 4, bringing the stuff we liked from Modern Warfare 2, losing the stuff we (and you) universally did not but overall focusing more on the gun-on-gun fast paced infantry combat, less relying on air support, but still using it as its intended (to aid in your f!ght, not supplement it).

I can't give too many hard facts on multiplayer at this time due to the fact that we're very much still balancing, tweaking, and adding to it daily.

For sure things I have confirmed is the fact that we removed One Man Army, Commando, re-balanced all explosives, maintained high gun damage without relying on Stopping Power to keep firef!ghts fast paced but closer to COD4's balance.

It sounds like the MW3 team wanted to make MW3 more like COD4 instead of MW2, and they are saying a lot of things that sounds very promising especially the whole "don't bring a knife to a gun f!ght" thing they are pushing.
MUCH MORE TO BE READ BELOW

[pic - click to view]

IAm Robert Bowling, Creative Strategist on Modern Warfare 3 AMA : IAmA

Last edited by K1; 06-11-2011 at 06:30 AM..

84 comments for "FourZeroTwo says MW3 Multiplayer will not have Second Chance/LS, Nukes, OMA, Commando + More!"

7 years ago '11        #2
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,448 | Props total: 717 717
No more commando & OMA?
[pic - click to view]

I'm excited now
 7 years ago '09        #3
Final Boss 184 heat pts184
space
space
$7,138 | Props total: 321 321
bobby kotick gonna need that second chance perk when EA come through
 06-11-2011, 07:01 AM         #4
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't give a fuuk about this whack a.ss series
 06-11-2011, 08:20 AM         #5
onepiecex3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And now I am officially excited. They need to remove Ghost Pro completely.
 7 years ago '05        #6
djesber 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 7 7
 Final Boss said:
bobby kotick gonna need that second chance perk when EA come through
 7 years ago '06        #7
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,525 | Props total: 949 949
Spec opsssssss
 7 years ago '08        #8
gametime187 
space
space
$1,102 | Props total: 43 43
no diving, boooooooo! They should implement a gears of war cover system to be a little more innovative with this same old sh*t series.
 7 years ago '10        #9
Smith262 57 heat pts57
space
space
$4,912 | Props total: 319 319
they removed the commando perk but now everyone has commando just like black ops
 7 years ago '04        #10
K1 68 heat pts68 OP
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 Smith262 said:
they removed the commando perk but now everyone has commando just like black ops
nah thats not true, they removed the entire knife lunge mechanic they said knifing will be have of an less impact than it did in COD4

one thing I hated about MW2 and BO was the knife being BS.
 7 years ago '05        #11
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,098 | Props total: 4231 4231
i liked getting cheap k!lls in last stand.....guess elpres got in their ears
 7 years ago '11        #12
leem26vtec 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 235 235
I hope they at least give me Gun game.

Last edited by leem26vtec; 06-11-2011 at 11:57 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #13
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
improved match making

i always get paired with a bunch of scrubs
 7 years ago '05        #14
DuzzE 42 heat pts42
space
space
$1,951 | Props total: 19 19
 leem26vtec said:
Can comeone explain what the OMA is? I hope they at least give me Gun game.
One man army

[video - click to view]

06-11-2011, 11:23 AM         #15
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wait, people are actually looking forward to play MW3's multiplayer? Y'all really enjoy playing the same sh*t every single year? MW3 looks identical to COD4 which was released in 2007.
 7 years ago '05        #16
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
^ Y do ya'll battlefield fans keep bumrushing the mw3 threads with the same responses.... if ya'll aint looking forward to the sh*t, then don't mind it
 7 years ago '11        #17
leem26vtec 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 235 235
 JimDinO77 said:
^ Y do ya'll battlefield fans keep bumrushing the mw3 threads with the same responses.... if ya'll aint looking forward to the sh*t, then don't mind it
Because he does not like playing the madden of FPSs' does not mean he is a battefield fan, but this response you posted does show your a battlefield hater
 7 years ago '05        #18
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
^ hold up bro-hammer *braxton voice* i'm plotting on copping both..... i'm not a hater, but i think ya'll n*ggas overhyping the hell out of that series...... ya'll label mw as the madden of FPS, but BF is far away from being the 2k of FPS let the games drop before ya'll start the game wars, n*ggas trying to debate in every thread
 06-11-2011, 12:18 PM         #19
PR0TENTIAL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JimDinO77 said:
I'm not a Battlefield fan, I'm a Gears of War fan.

Learn what your talking about before you try to act smart about something. COD is rehashed and it's basically the same sh*t every year. Smarten up..
 7 years ago '08        #20
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 119 119
so whats the over/under on the amount of game-breaking glitches/exploits that will be discovered in multiplayer within the first two weeks of release?
thats the question i would have asked.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy