Jun 10 - Tracy Morgan goes on anti-gay tirade during Nashville show

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
152 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #121
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
It'd be interesting to dig up a thread about Michael Richards from 5 years ago and compare the responses to this one.
 7 years ago '05        #122
firehandles 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,229 | Props total: 1226 1226
O_o how do u go to a comedy show and get offended at all....damn he must have not ever seen Louie CK

jeehtoven said:
Don't really care...but it's a TT on Twitter

[pic - click to view]

A man who attended Tracy Morgan's recent show in Nashville claims the comedian launched an anti-gay tirade during which he said he'd "pull out a knife and stab" his son if he were gay.

In a Facebook post titled "Why I No Longer 'Like' Tracy Morgan — A Must Read," Kevin Rogers wrote that he'd been a big fan of Morgan's since he was a cast member on "Saturday Night Live." Rogers, who is gay, wrote that he was prepared for "a good ribbing of straight gay humor" but was surprised at what he claims the "30 Rock" star said onstage.

"I have very thick skin when it comes to humor; I can dish and I can take," Rogers wrote. "What I can't take is when Mr. Morgan took it upon himself to mention about how he feels all this gay sh*t was crazy and that women are a gift from God and that 'Born this Way' is bulls-it, gay is a choice, and the reason he knows this is exactly because 'God don't make no mistakes' (referring to God not making someone gay cause that would be a mistake). He said that there is no way a woman could love and have s3xual desire for another woman, that's just a woman pretending because she hates a f--king man. He took time to visit the bullsh*t of this bullying stuff and informed us that the gays needed to quit being pussies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying."

Morgan allegedly added that "gay was something kids learn from the media and programming" (Rogers' words).

Continued Rogers: "He said if his son that was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death. ... Tracy then said he didn't f--king care if he pissed off some gays, because if they can take a f--king d-ck up their a--... they can take a f--king joke."

Rogers claims that "none of this rant was a joke. His entire demeanor changed during that portion of the night. He was truly filled with some hate towards us."

He added that about 10-15 people walked out of the Ryman Auditorium, but he forced himself to stay put because "I knew if I got up ... he won. He wanted to p!ss people off and get a rise. ... I'm not angry ... just very very, very disappointed."

Rogers put his Facebook post up Friday night, after the show, but it seems news began spreading after Truth Wins Out, a nonprofit organization that f!ght "anti-LGBT religious extremism," posted it on their own website several days later and other outlets began to pick it up.

A rep for Ryman Auditorim tells The Hollywood Reporter in a statement: "The Ryman Auditorium regrets that people were offended by statements made by Tracy Morgan during his June 3 appearance. The Ryman does not control the content presented by people appearing on its stage, nor does it endorse any of the views of, or statements made by, such persons.”

Truth Wins Out director of social media Evan Hurst is calling on Morgan to address the allegations.

“Tracy Morgan needs to respond to these allegations," he wrote on the group's website. "Comedians have long pushed the envelope in tackling controversial subjects. Indeed, it’s part of their job description, and good comedians are able to do this and keep everybody laughing at the same time. However, abject hatred directed at vulnerable kids is not comedy, by anyone’s definition. If these reports are true, we expect a full explanation and apology.”

It wouldn't be the first time Morgan has drawn fire for his comments. In January, TNT issued an apology after Morgan said on a live Inside the NBA broadcast Sarah Palin is "good masturbation material."

Other targets have included Charlie Sheen, whom Morgan called an "a--hole" whose "kids are going to suffer and don't even know it because this is a cycle of abuse."

And at a New York show two years ago, Morgan reportedly made a comment that being gay is a "choice," prompting several people to walk out, according to the Advocate.

Meanwhile, "Tracy Morgan" became a trending topic on Twitter on Thursday night and into Friday morning as news of the post spread. Most people took a decidedly anti-Morgan stance. Some sample tweets:

-- "Dear Tracy Morgan, @CharlieSheen was fired for his off set behavior and the same rule should apply to you! At least people watch his sitcom!" -- Ryan Schwartz

-- "Wow....I feel so bad for his son!" -- Tracey Marvin

-- "Tracy Morgan should know calling a hate filled bigoted tirade a "joke" doesn't make it OK. I'd be fine if @NotTinaFey fires him." -- Jay

-- "I cannot STAND Tracy Morgan, but if he said all this mess, he's an ever bigger douche than I thought" -- HSofia
Advertise | AdChoices

-- "Re: Tracy Morgan: it's not a f---ing choice. Did you choose to be black!!! DID YOU!??? Oh wait I am SMART enough to know that's not possible" -- Seth Fox

-- "LOL. That sound you hear...is Tracy Morgan's career going down the toilet." -- Sage Ashford

-- "aw tracy morgan i liked you :\" -- Jongho

-- "Tracy Morgan can F himself. You're not funny, you're disgusting." -- Arielle B

-- "Tracy Morgan's publicist must have aged 10 years tonight." -- Jamila S

-- "wow people are so fast to boycott things. I'm not going to stop watching 30 Rock just because Tracy Morgan is an idiot" -- Justin

-- "Tracy Morgan ..... Michael Richards in "Ruined" coming to theater near you! The best bigoted buddy movie of 2012" -- P---y Whisperer

-- "What Tracy Morgan said was disgusting, vile & disrespectful to the LGBT community, & also to his family." -- Monster Quira

-- "Tracy Morgan sounds best when Tiny Fey is the one putting words in his mouth." -- Anne Toth

-- "Tracy Morgan should be ashamed of himself. His homophobic tirade is disgusting and I have forever lost respect for this man... sick!" -- Joey Parker

06-10-2011, 09:55 PM         #123
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nando said:
ur an idiot :wtf:
because idiots are comparing being black and being gay? right

we didnt go thru the same struggles....
 7 years ago '04        #124
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2649 2649
Couldn't get legally married?
Harassed, bullied, murdered for no good reason?
Looked upon as inferior?

Do I need to continue??
 06-10-2011, 10:03 PM         #125
big blak afrika 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
Looked upon as inferior?

Do I need to continue??
Did the law ever make it legal to k!ll homos? So no you don't need to continue.
 7 years ago '04        #126
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
 HeGotBeatz said:
yeh that sh*t pisses me off too, i wonder how gay black people feel bout that sh*t.
as a black lesbian female i have this convo with people all the time...when gay ppl compare their flight to blacks its not in a way that you think, its more a civil rights thing

for example

just like it used to be illegal for blacks and whites to go to the same school its illegal in some states to even say the word gay in school i couldnt have a convo wid someone about my s3xuality cuz its illegal

i cant marry my gf, because its illegal, i have a good job but i cant put her on my work insurance because its illegal

you get what i'm saying? while the civil rights struggle that my mother went through is on a grander scale it still is the same its a civil rights matter

also, my mother told me recently that she knew when i was young that i was gonna be gay, all of my friends growing up were girly girls, all my moms kids are girls i even had a boyfriend a time or two but the physical attraction, the mental attraction to males, ive never had it so to those saying that you can't be born gay... debunk it now
 06-10-2011, 10:11 PM         #127
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
Looked upon as inferior?

Do I need to continue??
show me multiple grown men k!lling random kids because they were gay and i wont respond in this thread anymore

but i know of many little black kids who randomly were chosen to get beaten to death, r*ped, shot or hung because of their color

its not the same

gays go thru struggles but its not the same
 06-10-2011, 10:20 PM         #128
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diamond diva said:
as a black lesbian female i have this convo with people all the time...when gay ppl compare their flight to blacks its not in a way that you think, its more a civil rights thing

for example

just like it used to be illegal for blacks and whites to go to the same school its illegal in some states to even say the word gay in school i couldnt have a convo wid someone about my s3xuality cuz its illegal

i cant marry my gf, because its illegal, i have a good job but i cant put her on my work insurance because its illegal

you get what i'm saying? while the civil rights struggle that my mother went through is on a grander scale it still is the same its a civil rights matter

also, my mother told me recently that she knew when i was young that i was gonna be gay, all of my friends growing up were girly girls, all my moms kids are girls i even had a boyfriend a time or two but the physical attraction, the mental attraction to males, ive never had it so to those saying that you can't be born gay... debunk it now
You got it be kidding me? Is the government separating you or excluding as an American citizen? Other than marriage, every other aspect in life you're not being excluded and your being protected, so that's a no. And other than a few cities (not states) that have passed this law (which will crumbel in law), can you honestly say it was to the point as to when blacks were being denied not just schooling, but also every other aspect of success in this country? (I see a lot of succesful gay's.... so please cut it out). As always, I'll tell you the same thing that I say to a gay or lesbian person in life: Cut the bullsh*t, the dramatism and the unnecessary horse sh*t! In the end, it's not even close or nowhere even related to what blacks went through. (NOT EVEN BY A MILE)

My dad (better yet step father) went through those struggles that black men went through before the civil rights movement and if you say that sh*t to him, most likely he'll tell you tp go fu*k yourself because that was nothing but some world class bullsh*t. Unless you got a bunch of white boys chasing your a.ss in a pick up truck ready to fu*king k!ll (like my step father in SC), don't ever compare 1 or the fu*king other.

Struggle? The fu*k out of here.
 7 years ago '04        #129
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
 bigbarcelona said:
You got it be kidding me? Is the government separating you or excluding as an American citizen? Other than marriage, every other aspect in life you're not being excluded and your being protected, so that's a no. And other than a few cities (not states) that have passed this law (which will crumbel in law), can you honestly say it was to the point as to when blacks were being denied not just schooling, but also every other aspect of success in this country? (I see a lot of succesful gay's.... so please cut it out). As always, I'll tell you the same thing that I say to a gay or lesbian person in life: Cut the bullsh*t, the dramatism and the unnecessary horse sh*t! In the end, it's not even close or nowhere even related to what blacks went through. (NOT EVEN BY A MILE)

My dad (better yet step father) went through those struggles that black men went through before the civil rights movement and if you say that sh*t to him, most likely he'll tell you tp go fu*k yourself because that was nothing but some world class bullsh*t. Unless you got a bunch of white boys chasing your a.ss in a pick up truck ready to fu*king k!ll (like my step father in SC), don't ever compare 1 or the fu*king other.

Struggle? The fu*k out of here.
im guessing you dont know the meaning of civil rights, but im bored so you wanna debate less go...

first off the definition of civil rights:
Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals' freedom from unwarranted infringement by governments and private organizations, and ensure one's ability to participate in the civil and political life of the state without discrimination or repression.
Civil rights include the ensuring of peoples' physical integrity and safety; protection from discrimination on grounds such as physical or mental disability, gender, religion, race, national origin, age, s3xual orientation, or gender identity; and individual rights such as the freedoms of thought and conscience, speech and expression, religion, the press, and movement.
The civil rights movement was a worldwide political movement for equality before the law occurring between approximately 1950 and 1980. The movement had a legal and constitutional aspect, and resulting in much law-making at both national and international levels. It also had an activist side, particularly in situations where violations of rights were widespread. Movements with the proclaimed aim of securing observance of civil and political rights included:

now under those definitions wouldnt the civil rights movement of the 60s in the sense of the definition be the same as the gay civil rights movement.?

i'm not gonna sit up here and argue back and forth about which movement means more i'm black i understand what the civil rights movement meant to my state, which im in louisiana by the way, theres many stories i can tell you that have been passed down from my aunts, uncles and grandparents and parents about how life during that time was down here.

but i refuse to let you sit here and minimize another struggle and yes i said struggle because although you may not see it is a struggle for the lgbt family that has lost loved ones behind this or has been bullied behind this it is a struggle for them and unless you have a gay best friend whose own mother told him he would never amount to anything because he was gay, or got beat up on the regular by a bunch of macho guys because he was gay or have a gay cousin that likes to dress in drag and perform on stage, and then after a night of performing he gets damn near beat to death because hes dressed in drag or u have a female friend because she has dreads and doesnt look girly gets brutally r*ped by a bunch of dudes because she just needs some d!ck in her life...then you dont know my or their struggle
 06-10-2011, 10:41 PM         #130
5knuckleshuffle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Continued Rogers: "He said if his son that was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death. ...
Tracy then said he didn't f--king care if he pissed off some gays, because if they can take a f--king d-ck up their a--... they can take a f--king joke."
 7 years ago '05        #131
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 56 56
 Tsukuyomi said:
Really? prove it...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #132
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
 SmooveDude said:
show me multiple grown men k!lling random kids because they were gay and i wont respond in this thread anymore

but i know of many little black kids who randomly were chosen to get beaten to death, r*ped, shot or hung because of their color

its not the same

gays go thru struggles but its not the same
Stop nitpicking my posts.
 06-10-2011, 11:06 PM         #133
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 diamond diva said:
im guessing you dont know the meaning of civil rights, but im bored so you wanna debate less go...

first off the definition of civil rights:
Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals' freedom from unwarranted infringement by governments and private organizations, and ensure one's ability to participate in the civil and political life of the state without discrimination or repression.
Civil rights include the ensuring of peoples' physical integrity and safety; protection from discrimination on grounds such as physical or mental disability, gender, religion, race, national origin, age, s3xual orientation, or gender identity; and individual rights such as the freedoms of thought and conscience, speech and expression, religion, the press, and movement.
The civil rights movement was a worldwide political movement for equality before the law occurring between approximately 1950 and 1980. The movement had a legal and constitutional aspect, and resulting in much law-making at both national and international levels. It also had an activist side, particularly in situations where violations of rights were widespread. Movements with the proclaimed aim of securing observance of civil and political rights included:

now under those definitions wouldnt the civil rights movement of the 60s in the sense of the definition be the same as the gay civil rights movement.?

i'm not gonna sit up here and argue back and forth about which movement means more i'm black i understand what the civil rights movement meant to my state, which im in louisiana by the way, theres many stories i can tell you that have been passed down from my aunts, uncles and grandparents and parents about how life during that time was down here.

but i refuse to let you sit here and minimize another struggle and yes i said struggle because although you may not see it is a struggle for the lgbt family that has lost loved ones behind this or has been bullied behind this it is a struggle for them and unless you have a gay best friend whose own mother told him he would never amount to anything because he was gay, or got beat up on the regular by a bunch of macho guys because he was gay or have a gay cousin that likes to dress in drag and perform on stage, and then after a night of performing he gets damn near beat to death because hes dressed in drag or u have a female friend because she has dreads and doesnt look girly gets brutally r*ped by a bunch of dudes because she just needs some d!ck in her life...then you dont know my or their struggle

And is this taking place as much as did for any black person before the civil rights movement? Are they getting burned for looking at another girl or guy? Are they being separated from schools, jobs, neighborhoods or even at pools? Have they constantly faced the abuse from their own nation that their descendants are from monkeys or gorillas and that they will never mount to sh*t because of it? Did they ever have groups if not towns throwing them in jail or k!lling them left and right just because of their color of their skin? Are there any credible laws persecuting gays as Jim Crow did blacks? Have they've been separated from their families or own by white families and force to work for free while being treated as dogs? And I can continue all night, but because that's indeed not the case, allow me to tell inform that it's just not working. Its fu*k up, but compare to what blacks went through in this country for reasons that they couldn't control (unlike your selection), your struggle can't be compare. It's both illogical and delusional at best.

Yes, by the text of the law you're right, but by plain common sense, it's a choice you made, and your argument wins horse sh*t of the year.
 06-10-2011, 11:06 PM         #134
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
Stop nitpicking my posts.
Since when providing facts became nitpicking?
 7 years ago '04        #135
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
Do I seriously need to find articles of gays being k!ll in senseless acts of violence to prove my point to other dude?
 06-10-2011, 11:13 PM         #136
5knuckleshuffle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NO RELIGION said:
I don't like gay men and I think homos3xuality is WRONG,but Tracy Morgan may have just black-listed himself right on out of the industry.

Them f*gs have too much power in this day and age.

this n*gga already bi*ched up and issued an official apology,and he got his a.ss chewed (no X-9) by NBC Execs. They probably told him "if you don't apologize,your off the show"
they prob fu*kd tracy in tha a.ss on tha casting couch b4 he could get on 30 rock

ITS ONE THING U DUNT TALK BOUT IF U IN HOLLYWOOD GAYS & JEWS...

Last edited by 5knuckleshuffle; 06-10-2011 at 11:19 PM..
 06-10-2011, 11:15 PM         #137
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
Do I seriously need to find articles of gays being k!ll in senseless acts of violence to prove my point to other dude?

If it's happening at such an "alarming rate", why would that be so hard?
 7 years ago '04        #138
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
Who said anything about an "alarming rate"????

All I had to search was "gays targeted"

7 years ago '04        #139
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93

7 years ago '04        #140
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
 bigbarcelona said:
And is this taking place as much as did for any black person before the civil rights movement? Are they getting burned for looking at another girl or guy? Are they being separated from schools, jobs, neighborhoods or even at pools? Have they constantly faced the abuse from their own nation that their descendants are from monkeys or gorillas and that they will never mount to sh*t because of it? Did they ever have groups if not towns throwing them in jail or k!lling them left and right just because of their color of their skin? Are there any credible laws persecuting gays as Jim Crow did blacks? Have they've been separated from their families or own by white families and force to work for free while being treated as dogs? And I can continue all night, but because that's indeed not the case, allow me to tell inform that it's just not working. Its fu*k up, but compare to what blacks went through in this country for reasons that they couldn't control (unlike your selection), your struggle can't be compare. It's both illogical and delusional at best.

Yes, by the text of the law you're right, but by plain common sense, it's a choice you made, and your argument wins horse sh*t of the year.
you think if i had the choice to choose my s3xual preference id choose to be gay? you think i'd want my pastor telling me that because i'm gay im not allowed to be at his church? or friends that i went to high school with won't let me near their kids because they think i'd make them gay? or if im walking down the street holding my gf hand a random person spits on us and calls us some f*gs and tells us we're going to hell? you think i'd choose to see the disapointment in my mothers eyes everytime we have the convo about me prob not having kids? you think i'd choose to live being judged on my s3xuality? i really wish i could put you in my bestie's shoes for a day...im sure we're both black so we see discrimination on a black/white thing daily, add being homos3xual and its magnified especially in the black community where homos3xuality is such a taboo subject, but thats a whole nother thread....and for the record i didnt choose to be gay i've always been attracted to females in a s3xual/mental way

and with the civil rights you're making it bigger than what it is, you agreed by the txt of the law both movements can be compared, im in no way diminishing the civil rights movement and its impact on african americans or the struggles and plight that they had
but you refuse to see the big picture and thats civil rights
and im sure if i digged deep enough i could find instances where mothers were seperated from their children because of s3xually preference and vice versa

but this convo is like talking to a brick wall or beating a dead horse, you're set in your ideals and i'm not trying to change them, just trying to show you that theres all kinds of hate prejudice discrimination etc etc

Last edited by SiqkWidaPen; 06-10-2011 at 11:26 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago