E3 2011 - NBA 2K12 Interview (Xbox 360,Pc,PS3)

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
44 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #1
9401 pageviews
86 comments

DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
E3 2011 - NBA 2K12 Interview (Xbox 360,Pc,PS3)

Video:

[pic - click to view]

E3 2011 - NBA 2K12 Interview (Xbox 360) - GameSpot Video

[pic - click to view]

"Better Online,No More Canned Animations,more"

Despite the fact that the NBA Finals are still ongoing, 2K Sports is at E3 2011 showing off NBA 2K12. Unfortunately, the team doesn't want to show too much of the game right now, but we did have the chance to check out a brief demo of NBA 2K12's version of the current NBA Finals matchup between the Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat. What's immediately apparent is the enhancement of the presentation elements and the way the game captures the drama of playoff basketball in the same way television does for the real thing. In fact, there was even a pregame roll of "footage" (using in-game models) showing dramatic clips of individual players of the two teams before the game transitioned into some super-slick starting lineups.

As for the game itself, it looks just as good as ever. The character models have apparently received a significant enough boost in detail that you can actually see their facial expressions from the default camera view. Additionally, 2K Sports is promising that animation will be improved to the extent that it affects actual gameplay--there will be less canned animation, making it possible to keep more control over your players while in the midst of a move to the basket. But perhaps most importantly, there are plans to improve the AI by giving it more situational awareness in certain scenarios. This should help AI opponents use weapons available to human-controlled players a little more effectively than the game has done previously.

And finally, the big question: How do you top Michael Jordan from last year? His Airness and the content focused around him was an enormous part of NBA 2K11 and its success, and while 2K Sports is undoubtedly going to try to match that with NBA 2K12, it's not quite ready to talk about it just yet.

We'll have more on NBA 2K 12 as we approach its release later this year.

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 06-10-2011 at 12:58 AM..

86 comments for "E3 2011 - NBA 2K12 Interview (Xbox 360,Pc,PS3)"

7 years ago '05        #2
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
being Shaq retired they should have a Shaq moments like they did Jordan'...Get to play with 90s orlando magic'... early 2000's Lakers with rodman malone kobe and shaq ect
 7 years ago '05        #3
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,893 | Props total: 30111 30111
 Trizz187 said:
being Shaq retired they should have a Shaq moments like they did Jordan'...Get to play with 90s orlando magic'... early 2000's Lakers with rodman malone kobe and shaq ect
That sh*t was the worst with rodman on the squad and Malone
 7 years ago '05        #4
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,893 | Props total: 30111 30111
I hope the online is like 2k8 this online now is terrible

I have to hold the shot release longer and quarters are mad short

Camera angle is all fu*ked up
 7 years ago '09        #5
Vincent_Chase 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,823 | Props total: 724 724
:cool-smiley-009:
 7 years ago '10        #6
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76 OP
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
 CashNy said:
I hope the online is like 2k8 this online now is terrible

I have to hold the shot release longer and quarters are mad short

Camera angle is all fu*ked up
word.. They said they're really working on it... 2k11 online was much improved from 2k10 so hopefully we can get better servers..

ESPECIALLY for the crew and team up modes... these modes are the future of basketball gaming IMO and if they get it right it can be a huge step for them
 7 years ago '04        #7
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,753 | Props total: 95 95
bball games are the hardest to develop
 7 years ago '07        #8
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 1111 1111
Might be one of the only games I cop this year for real
 06-10-2011, 04:05 PM         #9
CoolGrey11s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I want a deeper My Player Experience.... It's all I play on 2k11. maybe some playstation home integration that showcases your Awards and rings that you've won.
 7 years ago '08        #10
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
Just focus on a deeper my player mode and its an instant buy...
 7 years ago '08        #11
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,744 | Props total: 366 366
"Better Online,No More Canned Animations,more"
believe it when i see it
can't wait for tho
 7 years ago '05        #12
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1550 1550
95% of the time I can't even get a game going online. Its very frustrating. Forget about trying a team up game, thats impossible it seems.
 7 years ago '10        #13
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,869 | Props total: 20874 20874
 gagethedesigner said:
believe it when i see it
can't wait for tho
I swear I was about to type this exactly The animations in the game are so fu*king frustrating. I've seen so many times where you get the ball about to dunk & he just collides mid air with the defender & does some what the fu*k shuffle change shot
 7 years ago '09        #14
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1114 1114
I was wondering what do you guys think about NBA 2K11? I kinda wanna buy it (I don't really like basketball or football games) BUT I kinda wanna play a technical sports game while I wait for other sh*t to come out. A game where you can have REALLY good online matches
 06-10-2011, 09:48 PM         #15
WordisBond 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zaosyn said:
I was wondering what do you guys think about NBA 2K11? I kinda wanna buy it (I don't really like basketball or football games) BUT I kinda wanna play a technical sports game while I wait for other sh*t to come out. A game where you can have REALLY good online matches
you trollin' right now?
 7 years ago '09        #16
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1114 1114
 WordisBond said:
you trollin' right now?
Nope dead serious. I got enough M$ points to purchase it and since Skate 3 probably won't ever hit the M$ marketplace I rather purchase another sports game and NBA2k11 only one I can think of (no Madden/Baseball). Maybe I'll DL the demo but I still wanna try it out online. Can you have good games online? Like in EA MMA you can have legit 20 minute MMA f!ghts that can end up everywheres. Sometimes it's straight up 20 minutes of lay n pray on the ground but that's kinda why I bought the game to get a real MMA simulation and that sh*t happens in MMA so you just grow to appreciate it.

If this game ain't worth a fu*k then I won't mess with it but genuinely curious if if you get 2 similar skilled players together if you can have a dope online match
 06-11-2011, 01:40 AM         #17
SouthSide King 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zaosyn said:
Nope dead serious. I got enough M$ points to purchase it and since Skate 3 probably won't ever hit the M$ marketplace I rather purchase another sports game and NBA2k11 only one I can think of (no Madden/Baseball). Maybe I'll DL the demo but I still wanna try it out online. Can you have good games online? Like in EA MMA you can have legit 20 minute MMA f!ghts that can end up everywheres. Sometimes it's straight up 20 minutes of lay n pray on the ground but that's kinda why I bought the game to get a real MMA simulation and that sh*t happens in MMA so you just grow to appreciate it.

If this game ain't worth a fu*k then I won't mess with it but genuinely curious if if you get 2 similar skilled players together if you can have a dope online match
ea mma is b00ty cheeks. the controls are garbage. if it had ufc controls it would of sold more
 06-11-2011, 02:19 AM         #18
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They gotta fix the online. Im on Xbox 360............I played 6 games of Madden with my n*gga...We put in NBA 2k and it disconnected like 5 games in about 20 minutes. We couldnt even get to 10 points apiece lol.
 7 years ago '11        #19
peaceg0d 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$172 | Props total: 0 0
 Oh Finesse said:
this.

can we get contracts and salaries please? a life outside of the game, like can we buy a house and sh*t please...

why am I speaking like this is 2nd life

yeah i hope they do some sh*t like that to make the offseason more exciting and i hope they let you change the # of games in a season
 06-11-2011, 05:49 AM         #20
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i love the game play and the feel of the game but the dribbling controls are still garbage
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
241 comments
2 days ago