The Best Phone Of 2011, The Samsung Galaxy S II (Within), Comes To Sprint In Late July

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
14329 pageviews
171 comments

Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,631 | Props total: 13708 13708
The Best Phone Of 2011, The Samsung Galaxy S II (Within), Comes To Sprint In Late July

Wireless carrier Sprint is reportedly gearing up for the launch of another high-end Android-based smartphone on its airwaves in the not too far future, the Samsung Within, which is none other than the latest flagship model from Samsung, namely Galaxy S II.

South Korean mobile phone maker Samsung Electronics is currently enjoying increasing sales of its Galaxy S II smartphone in various markets around the world, and is expected to bring the device to more countries soon.

The United States should be one of the countries where Samsung Galaxy S II would land soon, and where, the same as in South Korea, all major wireless carriers would be offering it to their customers.

Rumors on the upcoming availability of Samsung Galaxy S II in the US emerged before, and some confirmation on the matter emerged before, with additional info exposed only recently.

Apparently, Samsung would have the Galaxy S II available at US carriers as the Attain, Function and Within, for AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, respectively.

While there is not specific info available on the AT&T and Verizon models, details on Sprint's Within emerged, along with confirmation on the handset's landing in late July. image

Of course, the exact availability and pricing of this mobile phone at Sprint were not unveiled until now, but it should not be too long before the phone is formally introduced, the guys over at AndroidSpin note.

The new phone might be released on shelves with a $350 price tag attached to it before mail-in rebate. image

The handset would sport its large 4.3-inch AMOLED touchscreen display, along with the fast dual-core 1.2GHz application processor, and the 16GB of internal memory it sports on other markets as well.

Moreover, the mobile phone would sport built-in GPS receiver, as well as WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, or a microSD memory card slot with support for up to 32GB of additional storage space.

On the back, the mobile phone packs an 8-megapixel photo snapper with auto focus, LED flash and support for full HD video recording, complemented by a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for video calls.
Source:
[pic - click to view]

Samsung Galaxy S II (Within) at Sprint in Late July - Softpedia

[pic - click to view]

171 comments for "The Best Phone Of 2011, The Samsung Galaxy S II (Within), Comes To Sprint In Late July"

06-09-2011, 11:40 AM         #2
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
EVO 3D people better change that pre-order.
 7 years ago '07        #3
iswerve 123 heat pts123
space
space
$4,655 | Props total: 7264 7264
 Dangerously said:
EVO 3D people better change that pre-order.
what are the specs for this sammy tho, sh*t looking beastly

but $350 tho, then its like $800 out of contract
 7 years ago '04        #4
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
Ehhhh I mean I still want this phone but 250.. I hate when they do that. I'll have to see. Ill just get my 3d and if I dont like it in a month ill return it and get this

Edit: Most everyone elses phones are 199, I think samsung will probably have it for that too. The 3d is every bit as spec'd out as well as the Photon which will probably be 199. I don't think samsung will let price hurt their phone sales.

Last edited by Gmitch528; 06-09-2011 at 12:29 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #5
Y.G. 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
$350, it will be less after the mail-in rebate. Either way it's worth it. Every review I've seen has said this was easily the best phone this year.
 06-09-2011, 01:37 PM         #6
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only thing I dont like is the plastic back and the SD card isn't hot swappable (an Apple guy criticizing SD card placement? ).
 7 years ago '04        #7
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,333 | Props total: 2737 2737
FML.

Then again I'm still pissed at sammy for the epic 4g froyo update. And also the hacking community for sammy product is stronger for gsm but sh*tty for cdma.

Sprint is dropping evo3, gs2 and photon 4g around the same time. And I just preordered the evo 3d.
 7 years ago '04        #8
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
 VictoryThagr8 said:
FML.

Then again I'm still pissed at sammy for the epic 4g froyo update. And also the hacking community for sammy product is stronger for gsm but sh*tty for cdma.

Sprint is dropping evo3, gs2 and photon 4g around the same time. And I just preordered the evo 3d.
yea i preordered my yesterday. ill just get the 3d and if i dont like it or feel i still really want this phone then ill get it. I was all for it til i read about the battery life they were getting out of the sensation. I think want the screen quality of this one though.
 7 years ago '05        #9
Y.G. 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
FML.

There are good ROMs for the Epic. You just have to look on XDA. I'm on a stock Gingerbread ROM (with no Carrier IQ) right now. I'm definitely gettin the Galaxy S II though.
 7 years ago '10        #10
lse4 25 heat pts25
space
space
$877 | Props total: 160 160
Will it have 4g?
 7 years ago '04        #11
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
what the fu*k am I going to do now. This was the one phone I was willing to ditch my iPhone for, but that iOS 5 had me like not to mention I'll save about $30 a month if I'm on Sprint.
 7 years ago '05        #12
Y.G. 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
 lse4 said:
Will it have 4g?

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #13
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
No matter how good the phone is I just cant mess with Samsung

There phones never receive updates and always have bugs (GPS, 4g antenna, etc)

The phones always look nice in the specs and photos but Samsung always holds their products back
 7 years ago '09        #14
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,818 | Props total: 1138 1138
 lse4 said:
Will it have 4g?
 Y.G. said:

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #15
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,333 | Props total: 2737 2737
 Y.G. said:
There are good ROMs for the Epic. You just have to look on XDA. I'm on a stock Gingerbread ROM (with no Carrier IQ) right now. I'm definitely gettin the Galaxy S II though.
I know there is some good roms, but I came from the og droid and use to having a stable cyanogenmod rom and miui rom. I am currently running syndicate rom at the moment and so far couldn't deal with the current gingerbread rom due to the rom issues(my launcher pro always close down)
 7 years ago '05        #16
Y.G. 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
I know there is some good roms, but I came from the og droid and use to having a stable cyanogenmod rom and miui rom. I am currently running syndicate rom at the moment and so far couldn't deal with the current gingerbread rom due to the rom issues(my launcher pro always close down)

Check this out. It's faster than Syndicate Rom, stable, and it's running Gingerbread (EE03) (w/no Carrier IQ).
 7 years ago '04        #17
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,889 | Props total: 2001 2001
Didn't Google just tell the carriers that once an update was released they had a certain time to release it to the phones?
 7 years ago '05        #18
Y.G. 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
Didn't Google just tell the carriers that once an update was released they had a certain time to release it to the phones?
Yea. Gingerbread is coming soon for the Epic.
 7 years ago '06        #19
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
captivate has really won me over to samsung. i trust it more than HTC (camera wise and battery life)
so im deff looking forward to get the galaxy 2 when it hits att
 7 years ago '06        #20
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 I AM LEGEND said:
what the fu*k am I going to do now. This was the one phone I was willing to ditch my iPhone for, but that iOS 5 had me like not to mention I'll save about $30 a month if I'm on Sprint.
dude..everything IOS 5 presented including Icloud..android already has it.
titanium backup....sync it with dropbox and you're good...
i dont even have to point out the notification bar or the lockscreen features...
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now