Magic Johnson "Lebron James is not even close I repeat not even close to Michael Jordan"

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
lebron is more like a prime grant hill before the injuries

dunno y people act like he should be compared to jordan, their games arent alike
 7 years ago '04        #42
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
anybody who thinks LeBum is anywhere near MJ or Magic's level is either a teenager who doesn't know any better or clinically insane.
 06-08-2011, 03:34 PM         #43
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iggyemu said:
A lot of players have been compared to Jordan but no one has been judged so harshly against that standard like LeBron. Kobe won so early that it absolved him from such criticism. Now that criticism did come up between Shaq leaving and Kobe winning in 2009 but never to what we have been hearing about LeBron in these Finals and after last year's Boston series.

All I am saying is that media created this comparison. Nobody can be Jordan and I know that because I too saw him play during the late 90s. But media created this comparison when he was in Cleveland...it resurfaced after the Boston and Chi series this year. I just think it's unfair to tear this guy down using the stigma that "he is nowhere near Jordan's level" like media is doing when nobody but them created the comparison in the first place.
I dont know man.
Thats just the media.
I done seen (just like you probably have) everyone from Harold Miner, Billy Owens, Felipe Lopez, to Grant Hill be compared to MJ.
Difference is none of them called themselves King. *shrugs*
correct me please if im wrong it was Lebron who gave himself that moniker right?
If wrong im sorry overzealous fans
 7 years ago '08        #44
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
stephen a is on Jim Rome now talking about it

Live stream Link :
 7 years ago '09        #45
hindsite21 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,018 | Props total: 10 10
Lebron is just a new version of Pippen...more athletic and talented...simple as that...
 7 years ago '05        #46
jwest600 
space
space
$977 | Props total: 11 11
As much as I hate Lebron, when he grows up and develops some sort of heart/killer instinct, he will be great... i can see if dude would've went 2 for 20 and had a bad game thats one thing (Kobe-esq), but this ninja didn't even try and this is not the first time he's looked like a ghost and avoided the responsibility as "the man"... I mean even when MJ/ Kobe/ Magic had bad games they still had heart and they helped their teams by ALWAYS being an option.... Kobe/ MJ could go 0-30 but they would never put their tail between their legs and dissappear the way Lebron did last night/ last year when it counted and I think that's what magic's elluding to.... Lebron, tho he is a good player DOES NOT at this point in his career have the mental toughness to dominate CONSISTENTLY the way that MJ did...
 7 years ago '06        #47
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,524 | Props total: 6751 6751
true but guess what magic
hes better then you already
 7 years ago '09        #48
GREAT1NE 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 633 633
 Hold That said:
NBA is the only league that seems so desperate to replace or find someone who can surpass former goats.. Not sure why..
This. I can only imagine the Dirk vs Bird debates if he wins. It seems like if someone has a big game or two they wanna bring flash backs of MJ moments or Magic moments, great players like Kobe or whoever will never get the credit they deserve because they "didn't do it better then Jordan", and thats an unfair pressure for anybody to be put under. But thats thanks to ESPN and their 5 channel 24 hour sports coverage.
 7 years ago '07        #49
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 Hold That said:
NBA is the only league that seems so desperate to replace or find someone who can surpass former goats.. Not sure why..

The NBA is the only league where one person can directly affect the outcome of the game.

1 player can dominate on offense, and dominate on defense and single-handedly carry a team to victory(Wade 06 Finals)

NFL- A QB has little effect on the what his defense does to stop the opposing offense. All other offensive players can only do what they can when the ball is in their hand.

MLB- You may get a pitcher who can dominate but he can only pitch once every 5 days. Hitters are considered great failing 7/10 times. You have to have a lot of hitters doing well to win MLB games.

NBA is different in that one man can literally impact all aspects of the game.
 06-08-2011, 03:51 PM         #50
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know who Lebron REALLY reminds me of?
Karl Malone.
But Malone had that Stockton but also took his big a.ss too long to get low post game.
I think Lebron will be ok, I mean sh1t i thought he would have gotten a chip with Cacs eventually.
He just needs to play his game.
Lol @ these fuhkas on ESPN tho.
They make this sh1t even worse

Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 06-08-2011 at 03:54 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #51
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,426 | Props total: 2380 2380
dont ever fu*k with king jordan cuz youll lose!
 06-08-2011, 03:54 PM         #52
Youngray22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sticks said:
Can we please stop talking about this
For real trolls at bx have no life. As if we needed Magic to tell us what we already know.

Haha I'm just laughing at the fact n*ggas even debating about this.

LEBROn is definitely winning.
 06-08-2011, 03:59 PM         #53
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how so many people can hate on one man......the dude is a good player, the best of his time......but let his legacy be defined first and then you can compare.......yall all uptight for what? Cause he dont give a fu*k about sh*tty a.ss Cleveland still?
 06-08-2011, 04:06 PM         #54
T Bonics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Adamsville4real said:
Who gives a fu*k, let lebron,kobe dwade and the rest of the stars be themselves and be great and stop with all the GOAT nonsense.
jordan is the goat..there is no discussion.

he revolutionized the game

being the most atheltic person to ever step on the court and being the goat are completely different things...

legends get rings...

goats get rings...retire to try and play another sport for the fu*k of it in ur prime...get more rings...retire...come back for the fu*k of it and drop forty pieces on young cats as a 40 year old man...

when lebron does that get at me, til then//thread

"we're talking minimum 8peat" daaaa bullllsss
 06-08-2011, 04:08 PM         #55
Youngray22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shadydre85 said:
dont ever fu*k with king jordan cuz youll lose!
Pipen loss...
 06-08-2011, 04:18 PM         #56
MAY LAY LOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there will never be another jordan
 06-08-2011, 04:18 PM         #57
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was more interested in his point about winning a ship for your home state. It's easier to do it in college like magic because you get to choose what college you go to but to have the opportunity to win a NBA championship for your home is like winning 5 ships. You are golden in your state forever. And the respect trumps winning tons of ships on a loaded team in another city.

Derrick rose is in one of the most ideal and opportunistic situations.
 7 years ago '05        #58
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
stopped reading at Stephen A Smith..

7 years ago '05        #59
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,941 | Props total: 10832 10832
Of course not. People shoudlve been knew this from jump street.

48 - 18 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 38 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 20-14, Rank #101 | Aug 16: 163-114, Rank #57 | Aug 15: 638-305, Rank #25 | Aug 14: 350-224, Rank #32 | Aug 13: 442-331, Rank #18 | Aug 12: 1015-657, Rank #9 | Aug 11: 2019-1239, Rank #4 | Aug 10: 1992-1221, Rank #6 | Aug 09: 767-342, Rank #8 *
 7 years ago '05        #60
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 Liquid-Science said:
Game 5 is going to be the biggest game of Lebron's career
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy