Ja Rule Says 50 Cent's Boys Hurt Rap, "The G-Unit Era Was Built On Hate, Anger & Jealousy"

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
266 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
 m_cullins said:
50 was blackballled he come out of that sh*t swinging and knocked n*ggas out and made them pay for it. So you telling me Ja was just chilling? This n*gga Ja had a king pin on his team money, power and respect and still lost now he mad.
yeh ya'll are right about ja i guess, but he still is making a good point

that 50 did bring some bullsh*t to the game along with whatever good. stopping artists from making music, n*ggas getting shot outside radio stations. it was entertaining, but looking back that's some really fu*ked up sh*t music wise.

but that was what was best for 50...made him a lot of money
 7 years ago '05        #22
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
everybody after pac fu*kd up hip-hop...
 06-08-2011, 12:01 PM         #23
MissTatum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but the 50 and ja thing was more than music.these cats were from the same hood,know the same people.it was more personal than that.ja just cant let that sh*t go.
 7 years ago '05        #24
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
i agree 1000% percent. anyone who doesnt is biased and started listening to rap when g-unit started
 7 years ago '05        #25
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,766 | Props total: 4251 4251
I dont think it hurt rap as a whole, just the east coast/newyork rap more or less.

The majority of East coast artist spent that era trying to destroy eachother instead of solidifying their spot in the game. The only thing good that really came out of the gunit era was the rise of the mixtape/street album aspect of the game.
 7 years ago '04        #26
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
Ja made some good music, I ain't hatin' on him just cuz Fifty is
 7 years ago '11        #27
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,710 | Props total: 3058 3058
 Chief Dee said:
East Coast hiphop during the Def Jam era from 98 to the early 2000's when Rocafella, Ruff Ryders, and murder Inc were united was 10x better than the G-Unit era. East Coast hiphop is in the pitiful state it is in now because of 50 Cent and G-Unit tearing down other groups/labels who were keeping the East Coast relevant. And look at them now, EC washed up, 50 washed up, Ja washed up. Nothing good for the East Coast came from the G-Unit era.
right on the money
 7 years ago '04        #28
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
hmm ja is broke and still reminiscing
 7 years ago '10        #29
theking1 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,236 | Props total: 11 11
 Scan said:
yeh ya'll are right about ja i guess, but he still is making a good point

that 50 did bring some bullsh*t to the game along with whatever good. stopping artists from making music, n*ggas getting shot outside radio stations. it was entertaining, but looking back that's some really fu*ked up sh*t music wise.

but that was what was best for 50...made him a lot of money
 7 years ago '08        #30
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Props to anyone who gave me props. I just think people tend to forget how strong New York and Def Jam Records were from 98-2002ish. Jay-Z, Ja Rule, and DMX were unstoppable. Def Jam was dropping platinum albums left and right and Rocafella, Ruff Ryder, and murder Inc were three of the strongest teams in the game at one point. G-Unit came and cannobalized the East Coast I miss them Def Jam days back when my entire school were nothing but hardcore Roc/murder Inc/Ruff Ryder stans.
 7 years ago '05        #31
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
lol @ blaming NY's demise on G-Unit. y'all givin them n*ggas too much credit. the fall of east coast music was inevitable. Like seriously G-Unit isn't even around like that anymore, so what's the reason they aint poppin now? Who are the "it" new n*ggas on NY? Red Cafe? The G-Unit era was actually an exciting time and not only for entertainment purposes they actually released GOOD MUSIC. NY music has fallen off greatly and you can't blame that on G-Unit..
 7 years ago '04        #32
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
"It's resolved now. I'm cool," Rule promised in an interview. "We ain't beefing no more...We'll never collaborate. That's just what it is. You don't have to be at war with somebody, but it's also kind of like U.S. and another country that may not get along with. We don't gotta go to war, but we're not friends either. But we can coincide inside of that world. He's doing him, and he's not thinking about me, and I'm doing me and I'm not thinking about him." (The Life Files)
lol at the irony of doing an interview about 50 cent saying you're not thinking about him.
 7 years ago '10        #33
t from the 617 
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 6144 6144
this dude said they used to get together and play softball games
 06-08-2011, 12:44 PM         #34
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chief Dee said:
East Coast hiphop is in the pitiful state it is in now because of 50 Cent and G-Unit tearing down other groups/labels who were keeping the East Coast relevant.
DuckDown records is still running and have been putting out quality cd's since G Unit entered the picture.So you failed with that point.
 7 years ago '05        #35
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 696 696
G Unit era was the rebirth of the "mainstream real n*gga" I am glad it came around.
 7 years ago '10        #36
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,885 | Props total: 20952 20952
 karr153 said:
G Unit era was the rebirth of the "mainstream real n*gga" I am glad it came around.

I'm really @ ppl blaming Gunit for ny rap's demise. That should tell you about the state of NY rap more than anything.
 7 years ago '04        #37
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,391 | Props total: 29554 29554
lol 50 fans pissed in here...u cant say gunit had some in em w 50s made up beefs beside ja...but they didnt fu*k up rap, they make good music. but that beef made lotta idiots use beef for controversy...that whole gunit vs murder inc was pretty much the birth of sheep a.ss fans

Last edited by youngmic; 06-08-2011 at 12:53 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #38
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,897 | Props total: 25690 25690
I really star to question how old some of y'all really are on here. Yeah ja is right but he should of added his name to the list because he went back at 50 he didn't just mess it up by himself if ja never responded 50 would of been talking to himself. You g-unit fans are in much denial if y'all say 50 AND JA were bad for hiphop
 06-08-2011, 12:53 PM         #39
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngmic said:
lol 50 fans pissed in here...u cant say gunit had some in em w 50s made up beefs beside ja...but they didnt fu*k up rap but made lotta idiits use beef for controversy...that whole gunit vs murder inc was pretty much the birth of sheep a.ss fans
Not really a 50 fan, just view Ja as a joke.
 7 years ago '07        #40
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
That friendly hip-hop sh*t showed in the music. It was like an inside joke at a family picnic with people I'm not related to. The rich artists were having fun, the listeners weren't. So yeah, 50 came through with hate -- but it was needed hate.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
59 comments
1 day ago