Does Kanye Actually Produce His Own Music?

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA BIG BALLER BRAND JUST SHUT DOWN NYC TODAY :mjomfg:
31 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-07-2011, 12:55 AM         #1
17466 pageviews
49 comments

illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does Kanye Actually Produce His Own Music?

I've heard that he's got a team of like 8-10 people that produce it and he stamps his name on it.

Does anybody have any inside knowledge about this? Obviously this kind of thing goes on in the industry to some extent, but i'm interested in knowing what Kanye's individual producing skills are really like... image

49 comments for "Does Kanye Actually Produce His Own Music?"

06-07-2011, 12:57 AM         #2
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #3
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,431 | Props total: 8505 8505

[video - click to view]

06-07-2011, 01:04 AM         #4
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kanye does what dre does a lot of the time..he takes someone elses beats,and produces it....ye is doing far more producing then beat making these days...
 7 years ago '05        #5
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
$14,372 | Props total: 644 644
There is a huge difference between beat making and producing. No one gives a fu*k about who made the beat as long as the end production ends up being ill.
 7 years ago '09        #6
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,070 | Props total: 7235 7235
 HotepSuns said:
kanye does what dre does a lot of the time..he takes someone elses beats,and produces it....ye is doing far more producing then beat making these days...
this

still doing alot of work

there was a interview with Pusha where he said he heard the first beat then a day after the beat sounded completly different cause Ye worked on it
 06-07-2011, 01:10 AM         #7
illmatix  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:
dumb question is dumb question. kanyes timeless music is timeless music
i'm not sayin he doesn't make great music. But i had someone who knows the industry better than I do tell me that he has had people helping A LOT with the beat making/producing in recent years.

I disagreed with him cuz he was acting like he had no skills as a producer whatsoever.

I made this thread because i dont know the answer to the question, (and by your answer, i'm a.ssuming you dont either) not because i think he isn't a great producer
 7 years ago '10        #8
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,940 | Props total: 63 63
 BrookLynnStiles said:
Didnt seem like the making off through the wire,
 7 years ago '09        #9
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
 illmatix said:
i'm not sayin he doesn't make great music. But i had someone who knows the industry better than I do tell me that he has had people helping A LOT with the beat making/producing in recent years.

I disagreed with him cuz he was acting like he had no skills as a producer whatsoever.

I made this thread because i dont know the answer to the question, (and by your answer, i'm a.ssuming you dont either) not because i think he isn't a great producer
after CD he started to work with more people to get a bigger sound of course he can still produce but just like the other posters said now a days he just gets a beat and works on it

S1 said this about Power

S1: Kanye is such a great talent. He saw the potential in this beat and really pushed it to the max. He co-produced the record and the end result of that song is his complete vision! He's the one that really brought all those elements that you mentioned together. We would be in the studio listening to this record on full blast over and over again while he would be making his tweeks to it. His energy in the studio is crazy

people like to discredit Kanye in anyway they can
 06-07-2011, 01:15 AM         #10
illmatix  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JuElz CaM said:
i saw kanye layin down a simple drum beat while another dude did the piano
 7 years ago '05        #11
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
Why do people have this perception that artists/producers are supposed to be superhuman and come up everything they put out themselves?
 06-07-2011, 01:17 AM         #12
illmatix  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trock34 said:
after CD he started to work with more people to get a bigger sound of course he can still produce but just like the other posters said now a days he just gets a beat and works on it

S1 said this about Power

S1: Kanye is such a great talent. He saw the potential in this beat and really pushed it to the max. He co-produced the record and the end result of that song is his complete vision! He's the one that really brought all those elements that you mentioned together. We would be in the studio listening to this record on full blast over and over again while he would be making his tweeks to it. His energy in the studio is crazy

people like to discredit Kanye in anyway they can
props.

thats why i was tellin my friend hes just a hater (even though he had people in the industry tellin him people helped Kanye remix Power 8 different times)

what you just explained is kinda my view on it....and to me that's still bein the one doin the most important stuff
 06-07-2011, 01:19 AM         #13
illmatix  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 karr153 said:
Why the do people have this perception that artists/producers are supposed to be superhuman and come up everything they put out themselves?
good point.

But it's cuz you dont see anyone who helped get any real shine. Kanye is larger than life and gets 99% of the credit for everything he puts out.
 06-07-2011, 01:21 AM         #14
illmatix  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sandninja said:
Not a stupid question at all. Trolls need to stay under the bridge

he used to. He used to be a beatmaker. COllege dropout it was all him. Late registration, he would sample and have session players come in. Graduation, DJ TOOMP (producer of whatcha know by T.I.) played the keys for him. 808's and heartbreak he just worked on the drums and had his keyboard player on his production team play the melody and harmony and bass.

What happens is when you get more money you can afford to pay a team of up and comers to do all the technical work.

I make beats. It takes me a whole day to make just ONE beat. and even then it's not completely finished.

When you have a team, all you do is hum the idea and when you got 10 producers/engineers under you, you can finish a beat, go rap the track, have it all done in ONE day. It's very necessary in this industry if you have to meet deadlines.

Bottom line, the BIGGEST MISCONCEPTION: BEATMAKER=Producer

NOT TRUE. A beat maker who just makes the beat and sells it, can have the producer buy the rights to it. Once the producer buys the beat, he can do whatever the fu*k he wants to with it. It's legally his. The beatmaker, will still get a writing credit, but not a producing credit
:agreement6:
 06-07-2011, 01:23 AM         #15
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Shut up.

Last edited by Dangerously; 06-07-2011 at 01:27 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #16
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
 illmatix said:
good point.

But it's cuz you dont see anyone who helped get any real shine. Kanye is larger than life and gets 99% of the credit for everything he puts out.
Heres lies the issue with the rampant downloading of today. You guys think these co-producers and A&R's are not getting credit because you guys dont read the liner notes. Just Blaze had co-producers all over "Greatest Story Never Told". Matter fact go look at "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" liner notes and come back and try to tell me that no one else got credit.
 7 years ago '09        #17
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space

[video - click to view]

Yeezy da don telling a professional orchestral what to do

1:55

bigger then Hip-Hop

Last edited by trock34; 06-07-2011 at 01:30 AM..
 06-07-2011, 01:32 AM         #18
illmatix  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 karr153 said:
Heres lies the issue with the rampant downloading of today. You guys think these co-producers and A&R's are not getting credit because you guys dont read the liner notes. Just Blaze had co-producers all over "Greatest Story Never Told". Matter fact go look at "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" liner notes and come back and try to tell me that no one else got credit.

i dont have the actual cd

i see what you're sayin tho. I guess people just get the impression that since KANYE produced it and KANYE rapped on it...that KANYE was just in the studio doin his sh*t on his own. Obviously that's not the case and it would be ridiculous and ignorant to think that it is, but i think that that's the perception that a lot of people have
 06-07-2011, 01:34 AM         #19
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:

this answer your question?
these guys the real talent. kanye just sits back and tells em wat to do. these guys know music theory and can play sometimes multiple instruments
So are you saying Kanye doesn't know anything about music?
 06-07-2011, 01:37 AM         #20
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pkilla111 said:
u call that talent fu*k outta here i could do that. all he did was take a sample and cut it up and a.ssign to ssome keys on an asr. fu*k outta here
THEN DO IT f*ggot.

I swear, ignorant motherfu*kers like yourself suck off Kanye haters thinking you know all about music production and how it's so fu*king easy to make albums on his level, instead of spending time on Boxden making bullsh*t arguments refuting every piece of video evidence people bring you with an annoying a.ss smilie, why don't YOU DO IT f*ggot.

GO MAKE A HIT. DO IT. I'LL WAIT.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy