Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
7643 pageviews
164 comments

fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
Apple iOS 5 Copycats WebOS, Android & BlackBerry

Apple has brought to the table the new iOS 5 and all the features not as impressive as you think. The word “Copycats” comes to mind when you look at what they have implemented, they seem to have copied WebOs, Android and BlackBerry.

Think about the new features in the new iOS 5, such as OTA (Over the Air) updates, New Notifications, iMessage, Syncing iTunes Via WiFi, Twitter Integration and Flag Emails.

Apple has not really brought anything new to the table within the new iOS 5 update, all they have done is added what other companies have added to their devices. Check out the six not so innovative features below.

Over the Air (OTA) WebOS and Android are, already using updates and Notifications, which is two features that has been copied. Then the third is the syncing iTunes with WiFi, this has not been built into Android but nether the less with third-party app DoubleTwist you can sync smartphones with iTunes over WiFi.

The new iMessage is basically BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) is the fourth, how about Twitter Integration being the fifth; WebOS has this feature aka Palm’s “Synergy”. The sixth is Flag Emails for Follow-up that WebOS and Android already uses on devices, both can flag emails for follow-up at a later time.

Read the full story breakdown via Fox Business, they explain a little more. Do you think Apple has just copied other companies? Ok it is still fantastic that Apple has these new features and those using iOS devices will be smiling a little, but not anything innovative really is it.

[pic - click to view]

Apple iOS 5 Copycats WebOS, Android & BlackBerry » Phone Reviews

[video - click to view]

Im just pointing out that they just copied everyone else. innovation... i dont think soimage

164 comments for "Apple iOS 5 Copycats WebOS, Android & BlackBerry"

7 years ago '06        #2
grunsthis 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,283 | Props total: 9 9
 7 years ago '05        #3
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
also the camera sensitivity depending where you touch the picture too...

but I aint mad at em, they had to, cause everybody else was, they had their moment to be innovative, but that times passed..if they hadnt there'd be threads about how they didnt do it like that, its a lose lose, in all honesty they made some impressive changes, that in addition to a jailbreak might have me back...
 7 years ago '04        #4
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
:hmm:
 7 years ago '04        #5
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
 .Hafestos. said:
also the camera sensitivity depending where you touch the picture too...

but I aint mad at em, they had to, cause everybody else was, they had their moment to be innovative, but that times passed..if they hadnt there'd be threads about how they didnt do it like that, its a lose lose, in all honesty they made some impressive changes, that in addition to a jailbreak might have me back...
i agree with you in that they had to copy some things, but still they didnt come with anything original. no matter what's been different about ios and android, apple would always claim it's innovation. this was just straight up copying.
 7 years ago '04        #6
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 175 175
i still miss my original Pre sometimes. WebOS was slick as hell. Just didn't have the app support and the hardware was dated as it was released.
 06-06-2011, 10:21 PM         #7
Satire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah yeah thats nice but did anybody else notice how unhealthy that steve jobs dude looks. he looks like he's gonna croak any time now
 7 years ago '06        #8
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
i was thinking the same sh*t
only thing their missing is flash lol
 7 years ago '04        #9
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,092 | Props total: 2398 2398
 fat_boyy21 said:
i agree with you in that they had to copy some things, but still they didnt come with anything original. no matter what's been different about ios and android, apple would always claim it's innovation. this was just straight up copying.
This was the first time in many years where you can tell Apple's stance was were playing catch up. What they showed was geared to their fan base and not about attracting more people. Ya the "iCloud" could be considered an attempt at this, but the ones happy to see this were those who were long Apple buyers and of course the fanatics. Other than that it really did feel like to little too late on iOS 5. It's to bad considering how much time they had to implement many of these things years ago.
 7 years ago '04        #10
Explicit 239 heat pts239
space
space
$10,092 | Props total: 2398 2398
 Satire said:
yeah yeah thats nice but did anybody else notice how unhealthy that steve jobs dude looks. he looks like he's gonna croak any time now
I said it in the other thread, that cancer is eating him alive
 7 years ago '05        #11
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
1st Page. This will be good Copy and Paste all over again
 7 years ago '04        #12
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
 Gmitch528 said:
i still miss my original Pre sometimes. WebOS was slick as hell. Just didn't have the app support and the hardware was dated as it was released.
I feel the exact same way. Loved the hell out of my Pre, but it just couldn't keep up in the apps or hardware battle.

Last edited by J2hott23; 06-06-2011 at 10:32 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 Satire said:
that sh*t is sad. if apple is smart they will make him do vids of future stuff in case he is not able to show them off
 06-06-2011, 11:20 PM         #14
ngoogs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They totally have taken the best of Blackberry, Android , iOS and webOS and rolled them all into one. Pulling a Microsoft, I see

That said, I'm going out and buying an iPhone tomorrow. I know it's not coming out until the fall (along with a potentially new iphone) but my Blackberry 8330 (which I do truly LOVE) is on it's last leg over here.... so, it's time. I wish Blackberry could have kept a customer, but they decided to foolishly delay the Bold Touch 9900/9930 until the fall (without upgrading the hardware!?)

Anyway, hopefully I can get used to not having a keyboard! Plus, I feel like I can have that new phone feeling now AND in the fall with this update!
 7 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 ngoogs said:
They totally have taken the best of Blackberry, Android , iOS and webOS and rolled them all into one. Pulling a Microsoft, I see

That said, I'm going out and buying an iPhone tomorrow. I know it's not coming out until the fall (along with a potentially new iphone) but my Blackberry 8330 (which I do truly LOVE) is on it's last leg over here.... so, it's time. I wish Blackberry could have kept a customer, but they decided to foolishly delay the Bold Touch 9900/9930 until the fall (without upgrading the hardware!?)

Anyway, hopefully I can get used to not having a keyboard! Plus, I feel like I can have that new phone feeling now AND in the fall with this update!
you're missing the point tho. in the fall apple will just be catching up to android. a couple months later the new android os will be out with truly new features and the latest hardware.

and you wont miss the keyboard. i was apprehensive about that too, but you get used to it
 7 years ago '05        #16
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,888 | Props total: 105 105
still take the galaxy II over iphone5
 7 years ago '10        #17
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,008 | Props total: 5734 5734
 fat_boyy21 said:
If apple is smart they would make Jobs do vids of future stuff in case he is not able to show them off
Yeah, that'll go over well.

"Hey Steve, I need you to do this iPhone 6 intro tomorrow because you're probably going to be dead by 2012.

Yeah...

But this "copy and paste" thing that Apple's doing...is it horrible, or brilliant? Let other companies spend the research and development creating the feature, then swoop in armed with user feedback, perfect it and make it your own. Brilliant.
 7 years ago '10        #18
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,008 | Props total: 5734 5734
 fat_boyy21 said:
you're missing the point tho. in the fall apple will just be catching up to android. a couple months later the new android os will be out with truly new features and the latest hardware.
And a couple months after a couple months after the Fall, there will be even newer features. And if he can just hold out for another year, he can get EVEN NEWER FEATURES!!!
 7 years ago '04        #19
space
space
 FrankAndBeans said:
Yeah, that'll go over well.

"Hey Steve, I need you to do this iPhone 6 intro tomorrow because you're probably going to be dead by 2012.

Yeah...

But this "copy and paste" thing that Apple's doing...is it horrible, or brilliant? Let other companies spend the research and development creating the feature, then swoop in armed with user feedback, perfect it and make it your own. Brilliant.
have you ever heard of retirement or medical leave. your not dead when you retire right

apple couldnt make a proper antenna and you're trying to say they 'perfect' things it took them years to include multitasking and even then they half a.ssed it. instead of believing everything you hear from them you should at least check things out for yourself. knowledge is power

FrankAndBeans said:
And a couple months after a couple months after the Fall, there will be even newer features. And if he can just hold out for another year, he can get EVEN NEWER FEATURES!!!
where in my post did i tell him to wait. he said he wants to get an iphone soon. I was just pointing out that ios will just be catching up for a brief period in the fall, and then be left in the dust a couple months later
 06-07-2011, 01:58 AM         #20
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:

and you wont miss the keyboard. i was apprehensive about that too, but you get used to it
God, look at yourself. You sound like a salesman at Best Buy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy