most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
90 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-07-2011, 10:23 PM         #61
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bi*ch was late to the movie too.
 7 years ago '04        #62
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Maroon_Tiger said:
but you might be a parent or responding to an emergency....

i have no problem with texting, as long as your phone is on silent..

people talking through the movie or talking on the phone is the worst...

what if you're trying to check a game score during the previews?! or you recieved a text and just want to see the message!?! you'll get kicked out for that?!

imo, its overkill... its not like that flash of light from the phone is gonna distract you to the point where you cant look forward and tune it out.....

i think its a gay rule... kick out the people who are talking on the phone or talking in the movie
It's not the sound, it's the light from the screen. People in front aren't bothered, but if you're sitting close to the person, sh-t is annoying.

How codependent are ma'f-ckas nowadays that you can't put your phone down for 2 damn hours?

- If you're with your "side piece" and your lady calls, man up or at least smarten up and hit her up before the flick starts.

- If your parents are hitting you up nonstop, chances are your young a.ss shouldn't be in a movie theater without your parents to begin with.

- If it's an emergency, you wouldn't know it was a damn emergency unless you answer the phone.

I'm very dependent on my phone; in fact, most of my life (music, finances, email, events, contacts, etc.) is in my phone, but I can turn the ma'fu*ka off for a couple of hours and enjoy a movie in public without worrying.

I think the Alamo rule is a lil' OD, but I still agree that if you can't put your phone down for under 120 minutes, you got a lot of growing up to do
 7 years ago '04        #63
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
wrong thread
 7 years ago '05        #64
240sx 
space
space
$4,401 | Props total: 1446 1446
I have heard ringers going the full cycle and dudes yappin like women on the phone in the movies thinking their hard but in reality their punks.

It all comes down to respect , Sometimes you have to answer just to it with some common curtisy .
 7 years ago '11        #65
kennyboy0707 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,129 | Props total: 64 64
*Thanks for not coming back Texter* lmao im
 7 years ago '04        #66
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
Side Note also.. the thing about cheating on my girl was jokes.. Stop taking things so seriously... I actually turn my ringer off most times when I am with any female... Not because I don't want to text during a movie, but I just think its rude to be with a lady and have convos on the phone..
 7 years ago '06        #67
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
i can dig that.. (alamo rule) its just tell me why!! that is the only time people will hit u up constantly though!? i silence my phone but i talk here and there (make side jokes..) but i always get alerts etc, while its in my pocket/in cup holder, buzzin or flashin its light. Emergency if it was. how can we tell if we dont look at it? and does this theater get PITCH BLACK? or does it have lights that dim? cuz all that is od for sure
 06-08-2011, 01:10 AM         #68
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
but you might be a parent or responding to an emergency....

i have no problem with texting, as long as your phone is on silent..

people talking through the movie or talking on the phone is the worst...

what if you're trying to check a game score during the previews?! or you recieved a text and just want to see the message!?! you'll get kicked out for that?!

imo, its overkill... its not like that flash of light from the phone is gonna distract you to the point where you cant look forward and tune it out.....

i think its a gay rule... kick out the people who are talking on the phone or talking in the movie

The rule is fine, this is one privately owned chain of theaters that sets the rules. Some of us love it, so let us go there, you have 99.9 percent of the theaters in the entirety of the 50 states to go and text during the movie....Why cant a n*gga get these few theaters where that sh*ts off limits?

Plus the Alamo is on point, ushers bringing you beer and sh*t, fu*king off the chain. And all you gotta do is not use your phone for 90 minutes? Only the young heads who weren't around before cellphones became prevalent cant imagine its possible to go 90 minutes without looking at your phone.

I kinda expect it from women, but the n*ggas? Yall k!lling me man.

Last edited by Cipherr; 06-08-2011 at 01:12 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #69
Nasty Nate 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 22 22
One of the reasons why I haven't been to a movie theater in 3 years
 7 years ago '06        #70
grunsthis 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,283 | Props total: 9 9
i'll shoot off a few texts during the movie... it'll be on dim brightness and in my lap...

don't see the issues if there aren't loud annoying blackberry buttons or a bright screen involved.

once i was texting and this fat man behind me kid kept kicking my seat.... i told him to make him stop.... kid kept doing it, and he gon say "stop texting then your ruining the movie"
this fat a hole proceeds to go tell on me . . .
 06-08-2011, 11:09 PM         #71
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Turn your phone off....

Then tell your girlfriend you were at a movie.
lol @ that being a good excuse...you really think someones girlfriend is gonna accept their man turning their phone off w/ no warning and go to a movie(a place where people tend to take their girlfriends) w/o inviting her?

just seems like a recipe for disaster...the key to fixing that specific problem is to either have your lie setup hours in advance or simply dont cheat lol

SMH @ someone getting that "granddad died" call and getting kicked out the movies
 7 years ago '05        #72
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,832 | Props total: 4097 4097
 EMS the God said:
lol @ that being a good excuse...you really think someones girlfriend is gonna accept their man turning their phone off w/ no warning and go to a movie(a place where people tend to take their girlfriends) w/o inviting her?

just seems like a recipe for disaster...the key to fixing that specific problem is to either have your lie setup hours in advance or simply dont cheat lol

SMH @ someone getting that "granddad died" call and getting kicked out the movies
I'm not the cheating type. I was just offering a suggestion.

And, when I am in a movie, my cell phone is off, and for that 2 hours or so, you won't get in contact with me. If the girlfriend can't handle two hours of possibly not hearing from you, then you should reassess your relationship.
 7 years ago '07        #73
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 youknowmystelo said:
Seems like textin' has ruin your mental capacity to type full words. You a dude and complaining about texting in a movie theater. Remember when cats used to make fun of dudes for texting?

I called him a dirtball for cheating on his woman, then being boastful about it. Of course this is something your lowlife self can't comprehend.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #74
space
space
 TH35 said:

[pic - click to view]

06-09-2011, 02:04 AM         #75
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I'm not the cheating type. I was just offering a suggestion.

And, when I am in a movie, my cell phone is off, and for that 2 hours or so, you won't get in contact with me. If the girlfriend can't handle two hours of possibly not hearing from you, then you should reassess your relationship.
yeah neither am i, but i know how it is to go somewhere and have your girl be mad she wasnt tagging alone. bi*ches hate for you to do fun sh*t that they can be there for but you dont invite them lol. thats why i said it'd be hard to just be like "i was at a movie" cuz then the next questions is "why wasnt i invited", etc.

but yeah you're right def gotta re-assess sh*t if you cant be on your own for 2 hours but i know alot of heads who fu*ked their girls over and cant get a half hour of freedome without some "dammit jimmy i knew you was gonna do this" messages.
 7 years ago '09        #76
Polygod 75 heat pts75
space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1405 1405
 IronMaiden said:
all theaters should do this sh*t, fu*king stupid teen c*nts always ruin movies blabbing their thunder c*nts and texting.
lol :roflwerd:
 7 years ago '08        #77
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
Like someone else said. I go to the movies early. Usually is never more than 10 people total when I go. If I check my phone its not bothering anyone
 7 years ago '05        #78
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
so basically if grandpa got in a car accident (and only has 60 minutes to live) during the 130/+ minute film, you'll find out that he past away after you stayed for the credits!?

*rolls eyes*

Yeah, because answering your phone during the movie is gonna keep him alive for a little bit longer...

IF there's some emergency, either way, i will find out about it regardless. Stop making it seem like every situation is a life or death situation. When I'm in a movie, I'm in a movie.
 06-09-2011, 11:11 AM         #79
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all people like politics trying to find loop holes and sh*t to justify this and that.
 7 years ago '06        #80
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
why dont people just put their phone on silent/vibrate?
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
60 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
146 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy