Wade: My Life As An NBA Single Dad

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #1
5645 pageviews
93 comments

joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,389 | Props total: 13058 13058
Wade: My Life As An NBA Single Dad

[pic - click to view]

good read, good to see he's taking care of his kids image

There are a few words that come to mind when I think about the past couple years of my life: challenging, rewarding, transformative—they roll off the tip of my tongue in an instant. In the span of a year my two good friends LeBron James and Chris Bosh joined me on the Miami Heat, I struggled through a painful, public divorce, and I became the full-time parent to my two young sons, Zaire and Zion.

I’ve had some ups and downs lately, but the memories of the unpleasant times disappear quickly, in part because of moments like the one recently when I was able to surprise my younger son, Zion, at his school with cupcakes for his fourth birthday. It was the day after we’d won the Eastern Conference finals, but that victory couldn’t compare with the huge smile on Zion’s face at that moment. I will never forget it. Bad memories vanish each morning when I walk into both of my sons’ bedrooms to wake them up for school—their laughter gives me all I need to face whatever is happening in my life. Not too long ago, due to custody issues, I wasn’t allowed to see my sons for long periods of time, or was given the chance to see them for only a few hours with no idea of if or when I’d see them again. I can’t describe how trying those days were, f!ghting for full custody while also working as a professional basketball player nine months of the year. I just knew I wanted to be with my kids.

I was seriously motivated to be a full-time parent for my sons. My mother and father weren’t together when I was a kid growing up in Chicago, and early on my mother fell victim to drug abuse. At 9 years old, I moved in with my father because my mother could no longer care for me. Looking back, I now see so many similarities between my own childhood and that of my sons. My father stepped in when I needed him, and that gave me the chance for a better life. That’s what I’m doing for my boys now.

All children need their fathers, but boys especially need fathers to teach them how to be men. I remember wanting that so badly before I went to live with my dad. I wanted someone to teach me how to tie a tie and walk the walk, things only a man can teach a boy. Of course, back then, I never could have imagined being in the same situation someday with my own kids. My dad and I bumped heads a lot—we were so alike, both of us born competitors. My older son, Zaire, is exactly the same way. We’ll battle on the court when I’m 39 and he’s 19. He’s 9 now, and he’s grown up with basketball. Zion could take it or leave it, which is cool by me.

Today, I constantly tell my dad how much I appreciate what he did for me. I think you really have to become a parent to understand what you will endure to be there for your kids. I could say I was surprised at the criticism I received for traveling from Miami to Chicago so often during the regular season for my custody court cases, but nothing really surprises me anymore. I had a duty to f!ght to be with my kids, and I did it.

Thankfully, I’ve gotten a lot of support from my mother, sister, and others in taking care of my boys and making their new living arrangements a smooth and happy transition. Going forward, I want my sons to have a healthy relationship with their mother, and that’s something we’re working on. I hope to have a great relationship with her one day too, because I know how much it meant to me to see my parents get along as time went on.

I can’t say what we’ll do for Father’s Day, because since my sons came to live with me about two months ago, every day has been like Father’s Day. I just want people—men, and men of color in particular—to hear my story and know that their children need them and that it’s their responsibility to be there for them. We have to step up as men and do our part. There are no excuses.

Wade is a guard for the Miami Heat and was recently appointed by President Obama to a new parenting program geared toward encouraging fathers to become more involved in their children’s lives.

[pic - click to view]

Dwyane Wade: My Life as an NBA Single Dad - Newsweek

93 comments for "Wade: My Life As An NBA Single Dad"

7 years ago '05        #2
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,922 | Props total: 30311 30311
Lol it was his choice to cheat on his bi*ch and give her the clap
 06-06-2011, 05:37 PM         #3
PinkFloyd87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My respect for Wade has gone up even higher after reading this. Thanks for sharing.
 7 years ago '10        #4
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,613 | Props total: 30582 30582
 R0R0 said:
fu*k D WADE AS A PERSON AND AS A DAD N AS A NBA PLAYER GARBAGE a.ss n*gga!!! YEA IM A D WADE HATER N WAT bi*chES

I think it's safe to Say wade fu*ked ya bi*ch
 7 years ago '05        #5
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
you know Zaire ain't gettin 2K12 on gameday for that Taj Gibson comment earlier

you gotta wait til Thanksgiving for that one son
 7 years ago '07        #6
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,393 | Props total: 21540 21540
so we just gonna sit here and act like he ain't fu*kin' Gabrielle Union's s3xy a.ss?
 7 years ago '07        #7
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193 OP
space
space
 CashNy said:
do u and beantown know she dropped that sh*t on his birthday and his lawyers made her retract it the next day cuz it was bullsh*t and u just conveniently ignore it, or did u just miss that memo?
 7 years ago '05        #8
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,711 | Props total: 7009 7009
 R0R0 said:
fu*k D WADE AS A PERSON AND AS A DAD N AS A NBA PLAYER GARBAGE a.ss n*gga!!! YEA IM A D WADE HATER N WAT bi*chES
tell em why you mad son
 7 years ago '04        #9
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 787 787
 legendisdope said:
Wades even a better father than Lebron
 7 years ago '06        #10
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
good read
 7 years ago '05        #11
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,922 | Props total: 30311 30311
 joshdogg26 said:
do u and beantown know she dropped that sh*t on his birthday and his lawyers made her retract it the next day cuz it was bullsh*t and u just conveniently ignore it, or did u just miss that memo?
Lawyers are the best liars

And money talks it can make anything someone says vanish

Who would lie about getting a STD ? On a national level

I'm not a sheep bro i see thru these people with money
They do alot of fu*ked up things and it gets swept under the rug
 7 years ago '07        #12
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6144 6144
props to him but we know he didnt write this sh*t.

wade ain't the most well spoke fella in the world

#waitsforretardstopointoutgrammaticalerrorsinmypos t
 7 years ago '04        #13
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,699 | Props total: 542 542
Good read and all so very true
 7 years ago '07        #14
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193 OP
space
space
 CashNy said:

it had nothing to do with money, it wasn't even while court was in session, the lawyers just said it was bullsh*t and they were gonna sue and she took it back. if she could prove it, that would be no problem. he'd have to pay her court fees if he lost anyway. what type of sucker believes a crazy ex-wife who took something back? u must be a simp in real life. she actually really did get herpes, but it was from somebody else she was fu*king .

Wade's wife Siohvaughn claimed in January 2009 that the All Star gave her chlamydia, but a family friend says the allegation is untrue. TMZ reports that Andrea Williams, described as "a close friend of the Wades," testified that Siohvaughn previously said she got the disease from a man she was seeing while married to Wade. Wade's wife dropped the claim in February and the Miami guard sued her over the allegation.
 7 years ago '07        #15
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6144 6144
i believe even one of her friends came forward and said she was lying about the std thing and that she got it from someone else

and gabrielle union is a high class broad. you think she'd be fu*king with a n*gga that got herpes? come on, now.
 7 years ago '07        #16
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
good read
 7 years ago '10        #17
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,973 | Props total: 1798 1798
 CashNy said:
exactly not to mention her and her moms took this n*gga in while his mom was on crack but hey,n*ggaz get rich and don't care about sh*t like that
 7 years ago '10        #18
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,973 | Props total: 1798 1798
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
i believe even one of her friends came forward and said she was lying about the std thing and that she got it from someone else

and gabrielle union is a high class broad. you think she'd be fu*king with a n*gga that got herpes? come on, now
can't believe how stupid this n*gga is.
 7 years ago '08        #19
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,768 | Props total: 12264 12264
 CashNy said:

1 feel good article during the Finals is not gonna pull the wool over my eyes This n*gga might be a Great Father but I'm almost positive with the money and fame he has he was a terrible Husband. You can say he gave his broad money and access to sh*t she would have never had but that doesn't give him an excuse to break his wedding vows.

I get it tho, n*gga is a superstar so he free to do whatever he wants even if that mean screwing over his wife and taking his kids away from her when he was the 1 getting loose
 7 years ago '07        #20
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 legendisdope said:
Wades even a better father than Lebron
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
77 comments
2 days ago