Carmelo screwed the knicks

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,706 | Props total: 1488 1488
 SandmanNyC said:
hells nah, the way sh*t was building up. it was basically he was fed up w/ the melo drama and he's like i need to go there now or else. he def was not gonna stay, he was good as gone.

SandmanNyC said:
and hell no he wasn't going to the nets. he wanted to be a knick. plain and simple. trade deadline wudda passed and bam we wudda signed him this offseason.

my dude, i understand ur frustration. it's shared by every true knick fan in the world. but u gotta get ur facts straight. the only reason we did the deal was because Melo said he's taking the extention one way or the other. yes, the Knicks were his first choice, but the dude is on record saying he wasn't going to wait for the CBA to come in and fu*k with his money. this is a fact.

so it was either get him and see what happens, or keep the same team was never ever ever going to compete for a ring. i know its just Melo, Amar'e, Old a.ss Big Shot and the bums, but when Billups comes off contract that's 14mil we'll have to spend, and there's a good chance that will go towards getting CP3.

now Melo, Stat and CP3 aint LBJ, Flash and Bosh, but it's the next best thing, and just look at what the Heat have done.

The future is brighter than ever dude, just stick in and see how it plays out before throwing in the towel on the only Knick who showed up in the post season
 7 years ago '10        #62
SandmanNyC 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
$4,602 | Props total: 2282 2282
 ginobili 20 said:
imo said from jumpsteet that ny invested to much in the combo of stat/melo.... exspecialy with the new cba pending... stat stepped his leadership game up a bit, but neither of these cats have showed me that thier game to do some of the DIRTY work and utalize thier IQ, to make other role players better... both lack playmaking ability on a pretty large scale... that isn't something that is gonna change drasticly ever...

in the new age media onslaught, acorss these cats pr teams are gonna put in work... could give a fu*k about what melo does in the off season.... he in his 8th or 9th year and was outta shape coming into last season lol..... the ny media and fans will give them an extra push, but don't think it's in thier dna to get them over the hump... when has stat or melo really imposed thier WILL outside of just being great scoring talents???

bottom line is, they have to adjust thier squad to beat the heat... tbh don't see that going down in the near future with the way thier contracts and team is constructed
oh hell no.

first off stat proved hes a leader. us picking him up was the greatest move we've made in the last 10 years. i watched everygame, and he was a leader on the floor. the offense ran through him aswell. we would give it to amare to do his thing, if the double team came, he would kick it out and threeeeeeee. stat got down and dirty, he played his heart out.

and yea melo and stat weren't doing too well together, but that was due to lack of chemistry. i saw flashes of melo and his ability to make plays, he's just getting used to the system and the players. imo you can't make players around you better instantly, they need time to gel.
 7 years ago '10        #63
space
space
 HenryTheMenace said:
Keep thinking thats.lut
eat a d!ck hoe
 7 years ago '10        #64
space
space
 luv4music said:
my dude, i understand ur frustration. it's shared by every true knick fan in the world. but u gotta get ur facts straight. the only reason we did the deal was because Melo said he's taking the extention one way or the other. yes, the Knicks were his first choice, but the dude is on record saying he wasn't going to wait for the CBA to come in and fu*k with his money. this is a fact.

so it was either get him and see what happens, or keep the same team was never ever ever going to compete for a ring. i know its just Melo, Amar'e, Old a.ss Big Shot and the bums, but when Billups comes off contract that's 14mil we'll have to spend, and there's a good chance that will go towards getting CP3.

now Melo, Stat and CP3 aint LBJ, Flash and Bosh, but it's the next best thing, and just look at what the Heat have done.

The future is brighter than ever dude, just stick in and see how it plays out before throwing in the towel on the only Knick who showed up in the post season
thats my point, HE should have waited. its not about the front office pulling the trigger. i would have done the same. i mean i would give up all those players for carmelo fukin anthony too. my point is if he waited, he cudda signed w/ us for a max. yea he'd be making a 2 or 3 mil less a year, but in the bigger picture, he wudda made that up w/ the multiple championships we potentially could win. i understand leaving that much money on table is hard, but n*gga is loaded. the whole cba wouldn't affect him, b/c correct me if i'm wrong, it is not affective right away, it'll be affective next or the following year. either way he wudda been safe this summer.

and the 14 mil coming off the books next year, might not be any good to us. if we have a hard cap, like the way the owners are pushing for, we might already be capped out w/ melo and amare's contract. we wud need trades to upgrade and we cudda used the players that were still here. right now we have nobody other than toney douglas and fields. but if those guys leave, we will literally have amare, melo, and d league players.

yea i know our future is bright, and i might have gone alil overboard saying melo screwed us, but our future would have been alot brighter. And to make it clear, i'm not throwing in the towel on melo, he's gonna be a solid piece of our big ___, him and stat and whoever else we land. i love that we have melo right now and him being on my squad is great.
my point is we could have been better if he had waited.

Last edited by SandmanNyC; 06-03-2011 at 11:39 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #65
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,706 | Props total: 1488 1488
agreed, but i can't hate another man for taking the money

i wish he waited too, but it is what it is, now we just gotta hope this HUGE gamble pays off
 7 years ago '10        #66
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
my g i understand you're venting,although you're doing it mad late.....but getting melo was the best thing for us....this team wasn't going to be complete until 2012 anyhow..where we will have the cap space to round out the roster....we don't know what would have happened with melo had we not pulled the trigger,and not getting melo would have been way worse,then holding on to what we had.....and i'm not mad at melo for wanting to get his money to boot...he's SUPPOSED to do that......also let me clear up a few things...

in this draft we will more then likely walk away with a 1,or a 2...fredette,klay thompson,marshon brooks...all of the above would fill in nicely at the gap we have at their respective positions....and if we can't get fredette we can possibly go after ridnour since rubio is coming over,and we will pick up a 5 whether for a 1 year rental,or more in free agency as well....you're making it sound like our franchise is doomed for the next 8 years....were in the best position we've been in since...99......

biggest thing we have going on right now is getting a GM,and firing d'antoni eventually,because we all know he's not the long term solution....that's way more of a pressing issue then worrying about players that weren't going to get us over the hump as is...
ur right, i am venting cuz we just lost donnie, and i somehow came to a conclusion it was us pulling the trigger on the melo deal since donnie wanted to wait. and again i'm not blaming the front office right now cuz i wudda done the the same. i'm 100% w/ u on melo being the best thing to happen to us, i think i said that in one of million posts i put in this thread.

but i gotta disagree with the part where ur saying we wouldn't be able to compete until after 2012. if we had the same squad minus wil plus melo, we wudda done some damage. just wudda needed a decent center. i also gotta disagree w/ u melo wanting to get his money. he's supposed to want to win first. look at wat wade, bosh, and lbj did. they all took less money.

draft is a gamble. we got lucky w/ fields. but wt happened the year b4, we had a no. 8 pick, and where is he now? whoever we get is gonna be trade bait for cp3.
 7 years ago '10        #67
space
space
 luv4music said:
agreed, but i can't hate another man for taking the money

i wish he waited too, but it is what it is, now we just gotta hope this HUGE gamble pays off
i just wish he was thinking like miami's big 3 and taking a pay cut for the ship

edit: i'm sure its gonna work out....eventually. but it wudda been nice to compete next season and win it all the next.

Last edited by SandmanNyC; 06-03-2011 at 11:52 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #68
space
space
 WiLL i AM said:
didnt read the rest

but i KNOW u aint talkin like that to me dogg

YOU?

WHAT?

come at me bro. see u in the streets pus*y
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 7 years ago '10        #69
space
space
btw i think w/ walsh gone, we might be getting rid of dantoni too. i like dantoni, and i love his system, but we need to play defense to win a ship. only if he had hired a defensive a.sst. coach.
 7 years ago '06        #70
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 SandmanNyC said:
oh hell no.

first off stat proved hes a leader. us picking him up was the greatest move we've made in the last 10 years. i watched everygame, and he was a leader on the floor. the offense ran through him aswell. we would give it to amare to do his thing, if the double team came, he would kick it out and threeeeeeee. stat got down and dirty, he played his heart out.

and yea melo and stat weren't doing too well together, but that was due to lack of chemistry. i saw flashes of melo and his ability to make plays, he's just getting used to the system and the players. imo you can't make players around you better instantly, they need time to gel.
already said thought amare stepped his leadership game up... but action speaks louder then words... when melo came on board, stat shoulda made it more of a point to controll the boards more... your gonna say that he did granted it takes somes time to feel each other out, but still think melo/stat have wet dreams of taking turns scoring and thinking things will pan out.... U see miami's halfourt defense??? that sh*t is only gonna improve... one of these cats is gonna have to be more of a playmaker and take pride in gurading with a purpose the opposing teams star players... both are foul prone when they try to do this.... u disagree??? gotta look at the big picture fam
 7 years ago '08        #71
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,311 | Props total: 13688 13688
If the knicks could get a center,a coach and some a.ssistants n here that preaches defense we should be good on that side of the ball i mean its not like miami have the best defensive players n da league but their team defense is excellent
 7 years ago '10        #72
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 stunna2004 said:
These nets fans k!ll me. They were sucking melo off with the melo to nets threads but ever since he took his talents to Gotham these f*gs been salty.
I said melo is great but he isn't better then dwill......

would have I been happy with melo? yup

but thank god we didn't trade half our team for him
 7 years ago '10        #73
space
space
space
and if melo went to the nets.......dwill would be with the kincks
 7 years ago '10        #74
space
space
space
plus why the hell would you get mad at melo wanting his money........you would have done the same fu*ken thing....
 7 years ago '04        #75
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,725 | Props total: 13121 13121
 VCMJ1523 said:
I said melo is great but he isn't better then dwill......

would have I been happy with melo? yup

but thank god we didn't trade half our team for him
Our team as is leaps and bounds better than the Nets tho
 7 years ago '07        #76
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]

Chandler wouldn't be here

Gallo would be coming up on a payday next year anyway

Felton if he stayed would want a long term deal and a big payday under Mike D's offensive numbers

Him coming now just accelerates the process

Melo is the only player in the NBA that can go head to head with Bron and constantly sh*t on him

If we didn't trade for him we'd be a mediocre team waiting for Paul / Williams
 7 years ago '07        #77
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 ginobili 20 said:
already said thought amare stepped his leadership game up... but action speaks louder then words... when melo came on board, stat shoulda made it more of a point to controll the boards more... your gonna say that he did granted it takes somes time to feel each other out, but still think melo/stat have wet dreams of taking turns scoring and thinking things will pan out.... U see miami's halfourt defense??? that sh*t is only gonna improve... one of these cats is gonna have to be more of a playmaker and take pride in gurading with a purpose the opposing teams star players... both are foul prone when they try to do this.... u disagree??? gotta look at the big picture fam

Knicks have 2 of the best halfcourt scorers in the NBA

Both of their defenses are not nearly as bad as people say they are... Amars is a very good shot blocker I wanna see him next to a real C

fu*k are you talking about
 7 years ago '07        #78
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
 DrX said:
i told yall melo only cares about getting his 25 pts, making loot, and being a nyc celebrity
You also told us Denver was the best team in the West and would be in the Finals

Your opinion doesn't count
 7 years ago '10        #79
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,895 | Props total: 21150 21150
 SandmanNyC said:
selfish?
n*gga we been losing for 10 str8 years. i'm done with that. we gotta move on.
if anybody is selfish, it was melo.
donnie did all that work, and in a flash half of it was gone.
yea we got 2 stars, but the main thing was flexibility which we lost. can't do sh*t this offseason. we got a big hole in our 5 spot. we ain't winning sh*t with amare playing the 5. we got a hole at the 1 aswell. billups isn't fit for our system. we have a hole at 2, cuz as much as i love fields, he hit tthat wall. (btw fields had gr8 chemistry w/ the guys we lost)
****Long post in 5,4,3,2.....****

I see where you're coming from but when I said the whole selfish it was a collective statement. We are notorious for not only overrating our players--In the Melo saga, people wanted to trade just Curry, Gallo & Anthony Randolph w/1st pick for him & claimed that including anymore Nuggets front office could choke on a d!ck--but also wanting certain players & wanting even more players. The CP3 & D12 2012 claims only proved that. Outside of this forum Ask any knick fan either in real life or on any other site and you will hear that CP3 or D12 are locks to play for us.

Us being sh*t for 10 years is nothing & honestly that's a crying bi*ch move. Pacers havent been sh*t for so long, Raptors havent been contenders forever, Sonics don't even have a team but being a garbage team for 10 years supposed to mean something?? n*gga we havent WON a nba championship in more than FOURTY fu*kING YEARS. So go somewhere with that.

And I agree with Melo being selfish to an extent. He wanted his money, which we all want & that's that. Not everybody has a MJ mentality or Larry Bird mentality. It's def. shown over the years that this new age of NBA ballers want to play with friends, want to win with friends & want to be paid big money. I'm very sad Ill Will, Gallo & Mozgov is gone but what's done is done. That team was gonna split up anyway & we wouldn't have won with them.

It was either Gallo was gonna stay, Felton would stay for one more year & Chandler would say Bon Voyage. Billups might not be built for this system but he's still Mr. Big Shot & don't you fu*king forget it. He's still clutch, he's still a player you can't let him going, he's also a great veteran, something we DIDN'T have.

Are we gonna forget early in the season when Stat was playing with a team where basically him & Ronny Turiaf were the only veterans? We gonna forget him saying I'm not used to this (losing)? We gonna forget how there was a chopping block for Pringles head after all the losing & playing lost out there? Gallo & Chandler are very, very young & they have continued to show this even after they were traded. Melo filled in those huge missing gaps & unless you didn't see the playoff game where he it was just him & role players against a Celtics team then Melo and screwed knicks shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Because of Melo people want to play for us so our needs will be filled in no time. I have faith that we'll get a good big man. We don't need a SG when we have Melo & Stat. All we need is a big man, a better bench & a solid backup point guard.

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 06-04-2011 at 02:45 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #80
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 INF4MOUS said:

Knicks have 2 of the best halfcourt scorers in the NBA

Both of their defenses are not nearly as bad as people say they are... Amars is a very good shot blocker I wanna see him next to a real C

fu*k are you talking about
yeah amare and melo COMPLIMENT each other so well in the halfcourt, they both play great off the ball, wtf was I thinking....

u see how these superstars in durant, rose, and melo before stuggeled against teams in the PLAYOFFS that can actualy play halfcourt defense???

i know your not that dumb thinking weak shot blocks equals being a good defender

as usual you make no valid points, stick to throwng gifs around
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
341 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy