Do you ever have second thoughts about your college major?

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '09        #81
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1147 1147
Man fu*k that, stay in Accounting. The classes suck but the reward is great. Unlike marketing, management, and finance, accounting is a profession. There is a set career path , staff accountant/tax a.ssociate/staff auditor, then you graduate to senior, then you graduate to accounting manager, then you can become a partner (if you stay in public accounting) or controller (if you work in industry)...next step is CFO. You can work in public accounting, not for profit, government (including irs), or industry. If you pass the CPA exam you are golden, you can even open up your own CPA firm.. Someone lay out the finance, economics, and management career path for me (crickets)...I mean finance is cool and all but you have to go to a top ranked school to get the most out of that degree (wall street, investment banking, hedge funds, etc) but of course obtaining the cfa designation can help. Management/ marketing is like a communications degree for business majors (useless). Econ you need a Ph.D in order to do anything.

Last edited by mtva24; 06-15-2011 at 11:09 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #82
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 1802 1802
 jackedNtan said:
i'm still gonna be deciding on my major for the next... uh rest of my life.
Well if it ain't school, find a damn good hustle homie cause these ain't the nicest times to be undecided with your future.
 6 years ago '08        #83
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
do any of you all know about the Criminal Justice major? would it be worth it getting my Bachelors? or should i switch to Engineering
 6 years ago '05        #84
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,319 | Props total: 4753 4753
 Kizzle504 said:
do any of you all know about the Criminal Justice major? would it be worth it getting my Bachelors? or should i switch to Engineering
Well, what do you plan to do with it? Engineering's definitely rewarding considering I know just about all the people I know with a bachelor's in engineering ended up with a nice relevant engineering job sometime down the road.
 6 years ago '08        #85
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
 pnoi89 said:
Well, what do you plan to do with it? Engineering's definitely rewarding considering I know just about all the people I know with a bachelor's in engineering ended up with a nice relevant engineering job sometime down the road.
If you're referring to the Bachelors in Criminal Justice than i would try Homeland Security. A friend of mine started at 60,000 a year doing that
 6 years ago '04        #86
Gtownkid04 
space
space
$6,873 | Props total: 74 74
 illicitx said:
Yeah I heard that if you aren't going to a top school for a marketing program, it is truly hard to get into an ideal marketing position with job security.

Finance & Accounting are technical skills that you learn rather than theory based like marketing. You can easily apply for a position in a marketing firm with a finance or accounting background rather vice versa.

Try accounting before finance, more opportunities my n*gga.
^^^

Kids, if you're going into business please don't be a management / marketing major. I came into my school with management but luckily I had people around me who were pretty blunt in letting me know it was useless, switched to the accounting path my soph year, before we got into our specific paths. Way more opportunities. Accounting, Finance, Insurance / Actuarial Science, or if your school has it, Supply Chain Management
 6 years ago '04        #87
thadon87 
space
space
space
$491 | Props total: 34 34
Just graduated in Information Science Technology in May. Started as Computer Engineering honestly couldnt handle the load and really got frustrated, ended up switching after 3.5 years luckily it wasnt a major change and I was only set back a summer and fall semester... I was just hired as a software developer for an insurance company making pretty good pay for an entry level position.
 6 years ago '06        #88
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,566 | Props total: 18077 18077
 thadon87 said:
Just graduated in Information Science Technology in May. Started as Computer Engineering honestly couldnt handle the load and really got frustrated, ended up switching after 3.5 years luckily it wasnt a major change and I was only set back a summer and fall semester... I was just hired as a software developer for an insurance company making pretty good pay for an entry level position.
What was your gpa? Did you do any internships? n what salary did they start you with?
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy