Do you ever have second thoughts about your college major?

most viewed right now
 126
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 85
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 71
RIP Pusha T just ended his own career tonight by taking a shot at Drake
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 60
NBA Police release video of Milwaukee Buck Sterling Brown Arrest
98 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-12-2011, 09:41 PM         #61
NAMASTE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trb_5 said:
im taking it june 16th man....i feel you
Yeah man, goodluck! I have mine on September 10th. So ready to get it out of the way...
 06-12-2011, 11:12 PM         #62
kenyasfinest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aye homie. One thing that's certain in the business world is that accountants are needed all time per annum. It pays to do the numbers right. As for my background, I used to be an accountant major but switched to finance because I liked the idea of making money using other peoples' money better than what I just stated about Accounting. Nevertheless, instead of vacillating on your current situation sternly; I suggest you spark some izm, jam out to this track, and contemplate a solution for progress boss playa:


[video - click to view]



Last edited by kenyasfinest; 06-12-2011 at 11:14 PM..
 7 years ago '11        #63
whouthinkitis 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$9,110 | Props total: 1783 1783
Right Now I'm a Business Administration major and man them accounting classes can become a headache I done had to take them over before. I thought about changing my major but with only 4 classes to go I just said fu*k it and said I'm try to finish by the end of the year.

If I decide to continue after graduation, I won't be continuing in Business Administration. Next go around I will be looking very hard into different majors especially ones that don't require a lot of math.
 06-14-2011, 12:59 AM         #64
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 whouthinkitis said:
Right Now I'm a Business Administration major and man them accounting classes can become a headache I done had to take them over before. I thought about changing my major but with only 4 classes to go I just said fu*k it and said I'm try to finish by the end of the year.

If I decide to continue after graduation, I won't be continuing in Business Administration. Next go around I will be looking very hard into different majors especially ones that don't require a lot of math.
In all honesty, any business degree that is technical based and not theory based is more beneficial, considering the fact that our degrees aren't coming from Yale or Harvard.

I fu*ked around and took my cost accounting course in the Summer, so I got 5 weeks to learn sh*t that they do in 16 weeks.

Things are going good so far, got my first exam in the morning :nasmad:
 7 years ago '07        #65
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
avatar space
space
$16,577 | Props total: 558 558
 DJ Maximum said:
yeah marketing i have an a.ssociates degree in its worthless but hey @ least I got that @ community college and didnt have to pay a dime for it but it doesnt help me in the job market @ all
did you graduate in 2 years?
 7 years ago '05        #66
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,446 | Props total: 1092 1092
I wish i took the Wacka Flocka route, may go back and study Geometry
 7 years ago '11        #67
whouthinkitis 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$9,110 | Props total: 1783 1783
 illicitx said:
In all honesty, any business degree that is technical based and not theory based is more beneficial, considering the fact that our degrees aren't coming from Yale or Harvard.

I fu*ked around and took my cost accounting course in the Summer, so I got 5 weeks to learn sh*t that they do in 16 weeks.

Things are going good so far, got my first exam in the morning :nasmad:
Yeah I wouldn't advice taking accounting in the summer semester unless you had it before and had to either drop it or take it over. I got my accounting class online good thing is that the homework ain't due until the end of the semester. The only thing I don't like is having to take tests on campus on Saturdays.
 06-14-2011, 05:03 PM         #68
Flozz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am currently going to college and working on my Economics as my major. Economics is a tree that extends in different variety of branches that range from the banking industry, finance and so forth. I just wanted to know some insight from anyone that is currently working with their degree in Economics, or someone that you may know working with this degree. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!!
 7 years ago '06        #69
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,634 | Props total: 19958 19958
 Flozz said:
I am currently going to college and working on my Economics as my major. Economics is a tree that extends in different variety of branches that range from the banking industry, finance and so forth. I just wanted to know some insight from anyone that is currently working with their degree in Economics, or someone that you may know working with this degree. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!!
economics is a degree your masters is a must it will be very very very hard to get a job with a bachelors. Thing that sucks is you need 2 years job experience for most good masters programs
 7 years ago '06        #70
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,634 | Props total: 19958 19958
 DJ Maximum said:
yeah marketing i have an a.ssociates degree in its worthless but hey @ least I got that @ community college and didnt have to pay a dime for it but it doesnt help me in the job market @ all
So transfer into a 4 year school as a finance or accounting major. You'll have most of the classes covered youll just need the other half of the credits
 7 years ago '10        #71
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,668 | Props total: 10 10
I don't think it's a bad thing that you want to switch. No one wants to play catch up, though.

I was majoring in Business Management and I found it boring. Finance caught my attention real quickly. I don't have my degree though which sucks.....but I am a self investor. I'm definitely looking into being a financial adviser for a financial corporation.

They want that degree though:nasmad:
 06-14-2011, 08:42 PM         #72
Flozz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rique said:
economics is a degree your masters is a must it will be very very very hard to get a job with a bachelors. Thing that sucks is you need 2 years job experience for most good masters programs
I guess I will be doing more research since I don't tend to stop at Bachelor's and actually pursue my Masters Degree. If you have more information that you want to tell me, it is perfectly fine!..Thank you for the response!
 7 years ago '06        #73
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,634 | Props total: 19958 19958
 Flozz said:
I guess I will be doing more research since I don't tend to stop at Bachelor's and actually pursue my Masters Degree. If you have more information that you want to tell me, it is perfectly fine!..Thank you for the response!
If you are getting your masters this is a great degree to pursue. Glad to see you have your game plan and don't plan on stopping at a bachelors degree

I will post some info up for you in a little bit
 7 years ago '07        #74
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
avatar space
space
$16,577 | Props total: 558 558
rique you go to fairleigh d!ckenson?
 7 years ago '06        #75
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,634 | Props total: 19958 19958
 Funeral James said:
rique you go to fairleigh d!ckenson?
I used to i transferred out once i wanted to do finance the professors there suck for finance. You changed your screen name? Didnt you log me out at bergen?


Last edited by Rique; 06-14-2011 at 10:42 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #76
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 1585 1585
 trb_5 said:
i also dont understand why people are telling this guy not to do something when clearly he hates what hes doing right now?

if the only reason that you are telling someone to not make a life changing decision is because of money than i think that would be a stupid justification for settling....its not like he wants to become a painter....the n*gga wants to become a fu*king medical doctor.....the road is definetely hard and my last two semesters i had to cram all my science classes but it is still doable....and in the end being a doctor will pay for itself with the amount of money he will be making (and im not talking about a family practice doctor)

if i could take ochem, physiology, anatomy, and stem cell bio in the same semester and do well than anyone can it just comes down to how bad you want it....

you guys remind me of one of my ex friends who told me to not switch my major cuz he thought i was too dumb to be able to handle science classes...but in reality he was just to scared to do what he wanted with his life...and now he is miserable working at his dads subway cuz he cant find a job since he doesnt have work experience

i have another homie who settled and now he works 11 hours a day just so he can make 50-60k at some bullsh*t desk job with his business degree

you guys gotta remember...business aint for everybody and my business gpa was horrible compared to my science gpa even tho the classes were waaaaay easier...sh*t is just boring to me ...and the same may apply to the OP
The reason why I stated everything I said is, because of the position, he is in. No need to do accounting, and then go and do sciences just to become a PT. Just do Kinesiology and you are in a different position then him he DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE WANTS TO DO.

AND people trip me out think because there are becoming a DOCTOR, they will be rich. ... they get taxed out the a.ss... and I have seen struggling doctors, its all about how you manage your money bruh.


Last edited by egotistical; 06-14-2011 at 11:44 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #77
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 1585 1585
 Rique said:
economics is a degree your masters is a must it will be very very very hard to get a job with a bachelors. Thing that sucks is you need 2 years job experience for most good masters programs
People k!ll me with this sh*t. Once AGAIN, a degree does not designate you a position. There are people with ART degrees, who work in business fields. I know people with psychology degree that are doing better than people with MASTERS. Its all about experience and who you know. The degree is just something to add to your resume. NOW, if you wanted to do something specifically in the ECONOMIC field then he would have to get his MASTERS.
 7 years ago '06        #78
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,634 | Props total: 19958 19958
 egotistical said:
People k!ll me with this sh*t. Once AGAIN, a degree does not designate you a position. There are people with ART degrees, who work in business fields. I know people with psychology degree that are doing better than people with MASTERS. Its all about experience and who you know. The degree is just something to add to your resume. NOW, if you wanted to do something specifically in the ECONOMIC field then he would have to get his MASTERS.
Obviously its all about who you know, but if you know enough people you don't need a degree in the first place. Theres people with no degree doing better than people with degrees we are not talking about the exceptions man majority rules here.
 7 years ago '04        #79
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 1585 1585
 Rique said:
Obviously its all about who you know, but if you know enough people you don't need a degree in the first place. Theres people with no degree doing better than people with degrees we are not talking about the exceptions man majority rules here.
if you know someone you still need a degree bruh. You think just because you know a top exec. He will be like ok its all good no need for a degree. Yea right unless you have a BOATLOAD of experience, or many its a SMALL company, but otherwise and usually a degree is always needed even, if you know people. AND like i said there are a lot (majority) of people, who are doing nothing even in there degree. A lot of people doing business that have history or art degrees.
 06-15-2011, 08:58 PM         #80
Flozz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rique said:
If you are getting your masters this is a great degree to pursue. Glad to see you have your game plan and don't plan on stopping at a bachelors degree

I will post some info up for you in a little bit
Appreciate it man! Thanks on the insight and I can't wait on the information
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
77 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 29
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
35 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside She Earned Her Stripes...
13 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
82 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Twitch streamer FouseyTUBE plays Fortnite for 19 hours and gets 0 wins
17 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
Donald Glover Backs Lando's Sexuality: 'How Can You Not Be Pansexual in Space?'
129 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Sony CEO: “The PlayStation 4 Is Entering The Final Phase Of Its Life C..
145 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy