Do you ever have second thoughts about your college major?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
194 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-07-2011, 10:02 PM         #41
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trb_5 said:
yea its not a bad idea...i was a business major with the intention of being a doctor...i took the pre req classes and then eventually learned i hated business and minored in business and changed my major to bio and graduated last semester.....i was a accounting concentration as well....you can do it...just register for the science classes....its totally doable
Don't you need 4 full time semesters for pre req courses for medical school? I think it's like 2 years just for the prep work man, if he switches now, its going to take a long a.ss time, I could be wrong though.
 7 years ago '07        #42
Trae Jay 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,086 | Props total: 194 194
Hell yeh.. First chose Food Nutrition, switched to History my sophomore year.. didnt research it, just chose it because it was simple for me during high school

graduation came all too soon (should of been this may) and I when looking for jobs BESIDES teaching or museum, i felt I couldnt really do anything

Put in app to double major with Criminal Justice as my second a month before graduation. I begin those courses this summer since i've already completed my history curriculum. Moms was pushing for graduation and just master in something, but im still unsure you know? I checked my transcript and i think they took off my double major since i was approved for graduation prior

hoping i can prolong graduation along with loans, cuz i didnt get any internships and i plan to get one in this second major. other than that, resume is beasty with tutoring and high positions in various campus organizations... dam, i rambled..
 7 years ago '10        #43
Turn2Pioneer 
space
space
space
$68 | Props total: 0 0
 down2earth said:
I was an economics major looking to go into law school to study corporate law but currently I am looking at other majors because I found that after 3 years, it just wasnt for me. Im looking at psychology and perhaps being a psychologist or psychiatrist. any advice?
Honestly pysch is one of the most if no the most weak major out there. The only way its worth something is if you go ALL the way and get a PhD.

Science Technology Engineering Math>>>>all
 7 years ago '11        #44
ajymerced 
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
 trb_5 said:
yea its not a bad idea...i was a business major with the intention of being a doctor...i took the pre req classes and then eventually learned i hated business and minored in business and changed my major to bio and graduated last semester.....i was a accounting concentration as well....you can do it...just register for the science classes....its totally doable
I never really got the major and minor thing. what does it mean to minor in business and major in bio?
 7 years ago '04        #45
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,807 | Props total: 1447 1447
 NAMASTE said:
Pharmacy's a safe field to work in. You will never be without work and the pay is more than enough to live very comfortably :D. The only thing I would advise is to be sure that you have volunteered or shadowed at a pharmacy to see what a "day in the life" of a pharmacist is like because I've heard a lot of people complain about how monotonous or boring it can get... BUT if you have looked into it and the work atmosphere doesn't bother you then go for it!
its not only boring, it is fu*king horrible dealing with customers, when I was in PT, I thought about pharmacy, shadowed one for like 3 weeks on weekends only, people were out of the world rude, not saying u will always have to deal with customers, usually pharmacy techs do, unless your in a under staff, which usually u are.. pharmacist got a fu*king water bottle thrown at him, because this lady was being charged out the a.ss for some eye drops, then she tried to tell him just to change it to generic, he explained that she would have to call that doctor, and I guess she felt pharmacist and doctor were out for her money so she spazzed. if u do pharmacy do it in a hospital setting..
 7 years ago '04        #46
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 trb_5 said:
Don't listen to this idea, it will set you back a year or 2, usually u gotta take about 8 science classes, so that is a year already, some usually ask for extra classes as well. On top of that usually it is STRONG RECOMMEND not to take 4 sciences at one time, because u have to worry about your science GPA, so usually you spread them out... so it takes estimated about 2 years.. one top of that with PT, it has been said that exercise science or pre-pt major do a lot better, because they are already exposed to alot of stuff u learn in the first year in pt school..
 7 years ago '04        #47
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 ajymerced said:
I never really got the major and minor thing. what does it mean to minor in business and major in bio?
Like I said bro, take off sometime figure out what you wanna do, if your all done with pre req, take a semester or so off, and figure it out, it will save you alot of time and money. I switched my major about 4 times and it really bite me in the a.ss, I could of been graduated...
 7 years ago '06        #48
JanyeWest 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$139 | Props total: 0 0
I'm a junior supply chain management major and I'm in my third week of my first internship and not only am I questioning my major I'm questioning working 7-4 every day for the rest of damn life so I feel you

Any other SCM majors?
 7 years ago '06        #49
Rique 58 heat pts58
space
space
$40,443 | Props total: 17840 17840
 Superboy504 said:
Just cuz you majored in accounting, doesnt mean that you actual JOB has to be in accounting. I feel you though, reviewing numbers sitting next to stupid people who plan lunch instead of actual coming to work FOR work can get old really quick. Nobody wants that life. If you came this far into the process, you should finish. Your degree WILL be work something. Scientifically speaking, only 18% of the people in America HAVE a college degree. Thank God I'm in that 18%! My major was marketing with a minor in management. I graduated 2 years ago. Has is paid off yet? No. But at least I know its there when the time actually shows up. In the college of business, Accouning and CIS gets paid the most $$$ while marketing and management get paid the least. So you definetely in the right field. But like I said earlier, just cuz your degree said ACCOUNTING doesn't mean you HAVE to work in accounting. I know alot of people who majored in accounting and don't even have a accounting job!!! Most employers just care if you FINISHED school; not what your major is anyways.
Damn this is why im changing my major it doesn't seem like youre going to get a job in marketing. I love marketing, but I don't want to be 3 years removed from college without a job. What was your gpa? and did you do any internships?

Last edited by Rique; 06-08-2011 at 09:55 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #50
trb_5 
space
space
$5,356 | Props total: 750 750
 illicitx said:
Don't you need 4 full time semesters for pre req courses for medical school? I think it's like 2 years just for the prep work man, if he switches now, its going to take a long a.ss time, I could be wrong though.
yea...you are right...its 43 units...i live in los angeles and went to a california state university so tuition is about 3000 dollars a year....in my case it worked out because 3000 dollars a year is a fraction of UC's and private schools

it took me 6 years to graduate but if you really want to do something, you should not be scared to to do it....even if he has to spend two more years in school...becoming a doctor will pay for itself....

i will probably be broke and in debt till i am about 33....and then ill be sh*tting on a lotta n*ggas making 200k + a year....my school loans will be paid off easily

but i had a long and difficult road...i guess my last post made it seem really easy but it was a battle....i doubted myself many times but i am glad i switched in the long run
 7 years ago '05        #51
trb_5 
space
space
 ajymerced said:
it means i graduated with a B.S. in biological sciences and took 30 units of business classes to have a minor in business administration as well...i dont know how to explain a minor...a mini degree?
 7 years ago '05        #52
trb_5 
space
space
i also dont understand why people are telling this guy not to do something when clearly he hates what hes doing right now?

if the only reason that you are telling someone to not make a life changing decision is because of money than i think that would be a stupid justification for settling....its not like he wants to become a painter....the n*gga wants to become a fu*king medical doctor.....the road is definetely hard and my last two semesters i had to cram all my science classes but it is still doable....and in the end being a doctor will pay for itself with the amount of money he will be making (and im not talking about a family practice doctor)

if i could take ochem, physiology, anatomy, and stem cell bio in the same semester and do well than anyone can it just comes down to how bad you want it....

you guys remind me of one of my ex friends who told me to not switch my major cuz he thought i was too dumb to be able to handle science classes...but in reality he was just to scared to do what he wanted with his life...and now he is miserable working at his dads subway cuz he cant find a job since he doesnt have work experience

i have another homie who settled and now he works 11 hours a day just so he can make 50-60k at some bullsh*t desk job with his business degree

you guys gotta remember...business aint for everybody and my business gpa was horrible compared to my science gpa even tho the classes were waaaaay easier...sh*t is just boring to me ...and the same may apply to the OP
 06-08-2011, 05:28 PM         #53
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JanyeWest said:
I'm a junior supply chain management major and I'm in my third week of my first internship and not only am I questioning my major I'm questioning working 7-4 every day for the rest of damn life so I feel you

Any other SCM majors?
im in the middle of a Logistics/ Transportation Management degree at junior college. Some of the classes are insightful and some make my eyes gloss over with tears of bordem learning about ISO 9000 and sh*t like that. I only got into it because i can take 90% of the courses online, I already had a few credits counting towards it, and mostly because the scheduling for courses in the Mechanical Engineering program is jacked up and i really hate the fact that i cant take all my classes concurrently which would take me longer than two years to complete(solely because of the schedule).

in my heart i have always wanted to be a dental hygenist or a engineering technician. Once i finish up this Logistics Transportation Management degree im just gonna use it to get a decent upper middle wage job possibly two (17-21 hourly), take some university parallell courses for allied health and transfer to the university of tennesse's dental hygiene program,take as many classes as i can to graduate faster and go for the job i want.

ive spent too much time asking what if that i havent even graduated with a degree yet and its not going to happen again, After Im done with this AAS program its gonna be all Dental Hygiene,im talkin laser-like focus, obscessive amounts of studying and not settling for the bare minimum. Im going for every possible certification and liscense i can. And when im done and its time to seek employment, im relocating anywhere that offers the highest salary and i wont be big headed and turn-down great offers like i heard others do. Im going all the way, long as i have a pulse im going to do nothing but consisetnly make myself better. It's time to get off the slacker sh*t for real. i realize now that to me , life is about continual progress, never settling and always achieving goals, wheather its the gym or in the work force

Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 06-08-2011 at 05:32 PM..
 06-08-2011, 05:31 PM         #54
Real Hustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illicitx said:
What up BX...

I was wondering if any of you currently enrolled in college or who have graduated have ever developed second thoughts about their choice of major?

I'm currently an accounting major and I just dread the bullsh*t of staying in an office and reviewing numbers over and over again for years to come.

I feel that if I change my major, I'm only screwing myself even more by delaying graduation and all that bullsh*t.

I'm a senior in college and I shouldn't be having this perspective about my major.

Speak.
if you are a senior you should just finish. Im an finance major and I work in the accounting office at my school. With a degree in accounting you will get a job for sure because accountants are always in demand.
 7 years ago '11        #55
ajymerced 
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
 trb_5 said:
it means i graduated with a B.S. in biological sciences and took 30 units of business classes to have a minor in business administration as well...i dont know how to explain a minor...a mini degree?
So does having a minor in something let you have career paths in that field but just not as much since its only minor?:confused2:
 06-08-2011, 05:41 PM         #56
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Another thing, alot of people who are in their twenties right now, dont pursue the high degrees that require a little more time because they want to be ballin right now. i was guilty of this for a long time but looking back on how i wasted 6 years, i know i could have had a masters or phd by now and im only 25, time adds up. all i gotta say is think long-term , every day is a step towards the future and befroe you know it you will have that masters or PHD. dont let your lack of patience lead you down a path thats not gonna bring you happiness, you'll be stronger mentally for sticking it through
 06-08-2011, 06:10 PM         #57
Youngray22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
already graduated....my advice is not switch too much. I did Management info systems but I kinda like finance.....
 7 years ago '05        #58
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,291 | Props total: 4707 4707
 ajymerced said:
So does having a minor in something let you have career paths in that field but just not as much since its only minor?:confused2:
To keep it simple, a minor just means you've taking a small portion of a major, including the main foundation courses, but not enough to qualify as a major.
 7 years ago '05        #59
trb_5 
space
space
 pnoi89 said:
To keep it simple, a minor just means you've taking a small portion of a major, including the main foundation courses, but not enough to qualify as a major.
word...its just for bragging rights and i guess looks good on the resume
 7 years ago '05        #60
trb_5 
space
space
 ajymerced said:
basically man...if you are a senior in college you will have enough credits to switch and minor in business too
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy