Do you ever have second thoughts about your college major?

most viewed right now
 63
Drake- I’m Upset
300 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 44
NBA Woj: Cp3 unlikely to play game 7
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 36
Who wrote the Duppy freestyle?
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Rhymefest Responds To Kim Kardashian!
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 06-02-2011, 08:50 PM         #1
18014 pageviews
87 comments


illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do you ever have second thoughts about your college major?
 

 
What up BX...

I was wondering if any of you currently enrolled in college or who have graduated have ever developed second thoughts about their choice of major?

I'm currently an accounting major and I just dread the bullsh*t of staying in an office and reviewing numbers over and over again for years to come.

I feel that if I change my major, I'm only screwing myself even more by delaying graduation and all that bullsh*t.

I'm a senior in college and I shouldn't be having this perspective about my major.

Speak.

87 comments for "Do you ever have second thoughts about your college major?"

 7 years ago '10        #2
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$17,435 | Props total: 11420 11420
same here im a management major and all my boys done years ago im still trying to finish wish i never switched majors shoulda stayed in computers sigh
 7 years ago '07        #3
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,109 | Props total: 4018 4018
 illicitx said:
What up BX...

I was wondering if any of you currently enrolled in college or who have graduated have ever developed second thoughts about their choice of major?

I'm currently an accounting major and I just dread the bullsh*t of staying in an office and reviewing numbers over and over again for years to come.

I feel that if I change my major, I'm only screwing myself even more by delaying graduation and all that bullsh*t.

I'm a senior in college and I shouldn't be having this perspective about my major.

Speak.
It happens man. The best advice I can give ya based on my personal experience is to just get that degree on time. Try out the field for a year or two and knock down some of those loans if anything. You might even like it. IF it's insufferable, then go to grad and pick up another career field that way. My friend was a History major because he thought he wanted to be a coach, realized that's not what he wants to do... Leveled some Science and Math classes took the MCAT and now he's in his second year of Med School... So you're not completely screwed... Just think about that...

Edit... Graduated undergrad in '09
 7 years ago '10        #4
Turn2Pioneer 
space
space
space
$68 | Props total: 0 0
I'm an Engineering major and I think about changing my major all the time but i stick with it casu I'm going to cash out after graduation.
 7 years ago '11        #5
ajymerced 
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
 illicitx said:
What up BX...

I was wondering if any of you currently enrolled in college or who have graduated have ever developed second thoughts about their choice of major?

I'm currently an accounting major and I just dread the bullsh*t of staying in an office and reviewing numbers over and over again for years to come.

I feel that if I change my major, I'm only screwing myself even more by delaying graduation and all that bullsh*t.

I'm a senior in college and I shouldn't be having this perspective about my major.

Speak.
I just recently started college last fall and so far my major has changed each quarter. First I wanted to pursue engineering but I figured that would be too hard (so much physics), then I wanted to do physical therapy but getting into the program is very challenging (also most physical therapists have a bachelors degree in exercise physiology or some pointless degree. If I wasn't able to get into a PT program I would be stuck with a degree where you cant really start a career from), so now I plan on pursuing accounting and hopefully I dont get second thoughts as I get into it. But accounting is a good career to get into and they make decent money! And if I'm still into physical therapy, I can still get into their program because they require any bachelors degree(like accounting) with some pre reqs. And if I dont get into the program, I'd have accounting as a backup
 7 years ago '11        #6
ajymerced 
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
 Turn2Pioneer said:
I'm an Engineering major and I think about changing my major all the time but i stick with it casu I'm going to cash out after graduation.

I was thinking about engineering, but you really gotta be good at those physics stuff and calculus. It's so challenging. I couldn't even pass my pre-calc class so I know I wouldnt be able to do that. What kind of engineering are you majoring in?
 06-02-2011, 11:47 PM         #7
jackedNtan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm still gonna be deciding on my major for the next... uh rest of my life.
 7 years ago '10        #8
Turn2Pioneer 
space
space
space
$68 | Props total: 0 0
 ajymerced said:
I was thinking about engineering, but you really gotta be good at those physics stuff and calculus. It's so challenging. I couldn't even pass my pre-calc class so I know I wouldnt be able to do that. What kind of engineering are you majoring in?
I'm doing Environmental.
 06-03-2011, 03:48 AM         #9
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All I wanna do is wake up, smoke a blunt, and make music
SClass gave props
 
 06-03-2011, 03:54 AM         #10
BooHaggle McGee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as soon as u wanna change, do it

its never too late, and theres no reason to wait any longer
 7 years ago '04        #11
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,869 | Props total: 1585 1585
This is why you should always go to school for what your passion about... but since your a senior it would be stupid as fu*k to change majors... just graduate, figure out what you wanna do get the experience, and all else won't matter, plenty of accounting majors in other fields besides accounting... your experience at the end of the day will guide your career path..
 06-03-2011, 07:47 PM         #12
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 egotistical said:
This is why you should always go to school for what your passion about... but since your a senior it would be stupid as fu*k to change majors... just graduate, figure out what you wanna do get the experience, and all else won't matter, plenty of accounting majors in other fields besides accounting... your experience at the end of the day will guide your career path..
Yeah I feel you on that. I actually spoke with one of my professors who basically told me that accounting is a really respected degree in business and that it opens the door for the most positions in business.

 7 years ago '04        #13
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,545 | Props total: 357 357
Man, I'm an accountant and the whole stererotype of "sitting in an office and reviewing numbers" is bullsh*t. There are different job types within accounting that you can do. It's pretty diverse. You can do anything from taxes "which is true to the stereotype", to auditing which is also kinda true but you do a lot of traveling, to forensic accounting which is far from it. Or, you can be like myself and work in a corporation doing lots of different sh*t involving accounting but not just reviewing numbers. I'm involved with presentations, creating and improving processes, traveling to customer sites, phone conferences the list goes on. And within reviewing numbers, there's differences within that. So it's not just doing one set thing.

Also, as a senior, you should of done atleast one internship or job screened different professions within accounting. If you havent, thats on you, you're behind my friend. Change your major as a senior is fu*king retarded, especially as an accounting major with all the demand and jobs available.
 7 years ago '04        #14
DJ Maximum|M 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$44,367 | Props total: 15122 15122
yeah marketing i have an a.ssociates degree in its worthless but hey @ least I got that @ community college and didnt have to pay a dime for it but it doesnt help me in the job market @ all
 7 years ago '05        #15
pnoi89 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$11,809 | Props total: 5781 5781
I'm in that boat right now. I'm a senior with all but one of my core classes left with most of my general electives left as well. I've been having a LOT of trouble securing an internship within my field. I wanna get out of it cause of the fear of not obtaining a job after I graduate next year. But whatever.
 06-04-2011, 03:48 AM         #16
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
Man, I'm an accountant and the whole stererotype of "sitting in an office and reviewing numbers" is bullsh*t. There are different job types within accounting that you can do. It's pretty diverse. You can do anything from taxes "which is true to the stereotype", to auditing which is also kinda true but you do a lot of traveling, to forensic accounting which is far from it. Or, you can be like myself and work in a corporation doing lots of different sh*t involving accounting but not just reviewing numbers. I'm involved with presentations, creating and improving processes, traveling to customer sites, phone conferences the list goes on. And within reviewing numbers, there's differences within that. So it's not just doing one set thing.

Also, as a senior, you should of done atleast one internship or job screened different professions within accounting. If you havent, thats on you, you're behind my friend. Change your major as a senior is fu*king retarded, especially as an accounting major with all the demand and jobs available.
I'm joining a few clubs in my senior year to fluff up the resume, but I understand what you mean in regards to missing out on an internship opportunity. My degree isn't strictly accounting, it's Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and you aren't bound to pick your concentration until the semester before your senior year. I do got work experience though which I hope helps. But yeah, I'm sticking with the major and I'm gonna aim high as I can for my GPA
 7 years ago '07        #17
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,253 | Props total: 1637 1637
 eightytyson06 said:
same here im a management major and all my boys done years ago im still trying to finish wish i never switched majors shoulda stayed in computers sigh
you left IT for MANAGEMENT??? Its a cold world out there for business majors...Letting yall know that inadvance

I went to school for MIS but I think I made the right decision but I should of at least gave Comp Sci a chance
 06-04-2011, 10:39 PM         #18
BreatheEasyy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For what its worth most people that graduate go on to work in a completely unrelated field. I can relate to you when you say accounting seems boring. I hate accounting. I like business, more specifically sales. All my core classes are for poli sci though. fu*k life.
 06-05-2011, 04:49 AM         #19
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
you left IT for MANAGEMENT??? Its a cold world out there for business majors...Letting yall know that inadvance

I went to school for MIS but I think I made the right decision but I should of at least gave Comp Sci a chance
Yo MIS is legit my n*gga. Computer Science would of been a way better choice, but their are definitely many positions in regards to Information Systems. Just gotta find the company willing to hire entry level upon graduation, unless you already working for a company
 7 years ago '06        #20
Rique 65 heat pts65
space
avatar space
space
$41,642 | Props total: 19977 19977
hell yeah marketing bout to switch to finance asap
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 25
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
89 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
The Carter III Documentary Waynes Lawyers Didn't Want Us To See! (Addiction,bi..
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
#bigbreasttwitter
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are California’s Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
Article inside He bought a woman drinks. She left him at bar — he broke into her hom..
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 6
NBA Jaylen Brown just STEPPED to LEbron James :mjdamn:
20 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside May 25 - Pablo Escobar’s hitman Popeye arrested in Colombia
47 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 5
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1354 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy