Jun 1 - The Underground Website Where You Can Buy Any Drug Imaginable

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
8099 pageviews
95 comments

PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Jun 1 - The Underground Website Where You Can Buy Any Drug Imaginable

Making small talk with your pot dealer sucks. Buying cocaine can get you shot. What if you could buy and sell drugs online like books or light bulbs? Now you can: Welcome to Silk Road.
About three weeks ago, the U.S. Postal Service delivered an ordinary envelope to Mark's door. Inside was a tiny plastic bag containing 10 tabs of LSD. "If you had opened it, unless you were looking for it, you wouldn't have even noticed," Mark told us in a phone interview

[pic - click to view]

Mark, a software developer, had ordered the 100 micrograms of acid through a listing on the online marketplace Silk Road. He found a seller with lots of good feedback who seemed to know what they were talking about, added the acid to his digital shopping cart and hit "check out." He entered his address and paid the seller 50 Bitcoins—untraceable digital currency—worth around $150. Four days later the drugs, sent from Canada, arrived at his house.

"It kind of felt like I was in the future," Mark said.

Silk Road, a digital black market that sits just below most internet users' purview, does resemble something from a cyberpunk novel. Through a combination of anonymity technology and a sophisticated user-feedback system, Silk Road makes buying and selling illegal drugs as easy as buying used electronics—and seemingly as safe. It's Amazon—if Amazon sold mind-altering chemicals.

Here is just a small selection of the 340 items available for purchase on Silk Road by anyone, right now: a gram of Afghani hash; 1/8th ounce of "sour 13" weed; 14 grams of ecstasy; .1 grams tar heroin. A listing for "Avatar" LSD includes a picture of blotter paper with big blue faces from the James Cameron movie on it. The sellers are located all over the world, a large portion from the U.S. and Canada.

But even Silk Road has limits: You won't find any weapons-grade plutonium, for example. Its terms of service ban the sale of "anything who's purpose is to harm or defraud, such as stolen credit cards, a.ssassinations, and weapons of mass destruction."

Getting to Silk Road is tricky. The
[pic - click to view]

URL seems made to be forgotten. But don't point your browser there yet. It's only accessible through the anonymizing network
[pic - click to view]

TOR, which requires a bit of technical skill to configure.

Once you're there, it's hard to believe that Silk Road isn't simply a scam. Such brazenness is usually displayed only by those fake "online pharmacies" that dupe the dumb and flaccid. There's no sly, Craigslist-style code names here. But while scammers do use the site, most of the listings are legit. Mark's acid worked as advertised. "It was quite enjoyable, to be honest," he said. We spoke to one Connecticut engineer who enjoyed sampling some "silver haze" pot purchased off Silk Road. "It was legit," he said. "It was better than anything I've seen."

Silk Road cuts down on scams with a reputation-based trading system familiar to anyone who's used Amazon or eBay. The user Bloomingcolor appears to be an especially trusted vendor, specializing in psychedelics. One happy customer wrote on his profile: "Excellent quality. Packing, and communication. Arrived exactly as described." They gave the transaction five points out of five.

"Our community is amazing," Silk Road's anonymous administrator, known on forums as "Silk Road," told us in an email. "They are generally bright, honest and fair people, very understanding, and willing to cooperate with each other."

Sellers feel comfortable openly selling hardcore drugs because the real identities of those involved in Silk Road transactions are utterly obscured. If the authorities wanted to ID Silk Road's users with computer forensics, they'd have nowhere to look. TOR masks a user's tracks on the site. As for transactions, Silk Road doesn't accept credit cards, PayPal , or any other form of payment that can be traced or blocked. The only money good here is Bitcoins.

Bitcoins have been called a "crypto-currency," the online equivalent of a brown paper bag of cash. Bitcoins are a peer-to-peer currency, not issued by banks or governments, but created and regulated by a network of other bitcoin holders' computers. (The name "Bitcoin" is derived from the pioneering file-sharing technology Bittorrent.) They are purportedly untraceable and have been championed by cyberpunks, libertarians and anarchists who dream of a distributed digital economy outside the law, one where money flows across borders as free as bits.

To purchase something on Silk Road, you need first to buy some Bitcoins using a service like Mt. Gox Bitcoin Exchange. Then, create an account on Silk Road, deposit some bitcoins, and start buying drugs. One bitcoin is worth about $8.67, though the exchange rate fluctuates wildly every day. Right now you can buy an 1/8th of pot on Silk Road for 7.63 Bitcoins. That's probably more than you would pay on the street, but most Silk Road users seem happy to pay a premium for convenience.

Since it launched this February, Silk Road has represented the most complete implementation of the Bitcoin vision. Many of its users come from Bitcoin's utopian geek community and see Silk Road as more than just a pace to buy drugs. Silk Road's administrator cites the anarcho-libertarian philosophy of Agorism. "The state is the primary source of violence, oppression, theft and all forms of coercion," Silk Road wrote to us. "Stop funding the state with your tax dollars and direct your productive energies into the black market."

Mark, the LSD buyer, had similar views. "I'm a libertarian anarchists and I believe that anything that's not violent should not be criminalized," he said.

But not all Bitcoin enthusiasts embrace Silk Road. Some think the a.ssociation with drugs will tarnish the young technology, or might draw the attention of federal authorities. "The real story with Silk Road is the quantity of people anxious to escape a centralized currency and trade," a longtime bitcoin user named Maiya told us in a chat. "Some of us view Bitcoin as a real currency, not drug barter tokens."

Silk Road and Bitcoins could herald a black market eCommerce revolution. But anonymity cuts both ways. How long until a DEA agent sets up a fake Silk Road account and starts sending SWAT teams instead of LSD to the addresses she gets? As Silk Road inevitably spills out of the bitcoin bubble, its drug-swapping utopians will meet a harsh reality no anonymizing network can blur.

[pic - click to view]

The Underground Website Where You Can Buy Any Drug Imaginable

95 comments for "Jun 1 - The Underground Website Where You Can Buy Any Drug Imaginable"

7 years ago '10        #2
Pun 8 heat pts
space
space
$621 | Props total: 16 16
whats the website called
 7 years ago '07        #3
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
one of yall geeks put me on to this...me and my homegirl are interested in trying LSD but dont trust these city dealers
 7 years ago '04        #4
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,896 | Props total: 2006 2006
I've been to that site. It's a pretty cool concept
 7 years ago '07        #5
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,447 | Props total: 16215 16215
and it is about to get shut down if this gets out
 06-01-2011, 12:58 PM         #6
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rip Silk Road (after this news piece you know that sh*t ain't gonna last)
 7 years ago '05        #7
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space
Its on the underground network. I'm pretty sure their not worried about any government touching them since they pretty much can't be touched their outside any type of law which is why they agreed to answer questions for Gizmodo.
 7 years ago '06        #8
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
I'm interested in LSD as well.
 7 years ago '09        #9
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,198 | Props total: 3074 3074
Welcome to 2012.
 7 years ago '06        #10
HYPHY_50 1 heat pts
space
space
$897 | Props total: 207 207
 fred dibnah said:
site was shut down for maintenance might not open again

plenty of sites like this and plenty of underground online clubs for this
 7 years ago '06        #11
HYPHY_50 1 heat pts
space
space
 fred dibnah said:
site was shut down for maintenance might not open again

plenty of sites like this and plenty of underground online clubs for this

I think this is where you have to register. Not sure how it works
 7 years ago '06        #12
Bk's Finest 
space
space
space
$926 | Props total: 42 42
Sounds too good to be true. I wouldn't try it, with my luck.
 7 years ago '06        #13
HYPHY_50 1 heat pts
space
space
 Bk's Finest said:
Sounds too good to be true. I wouldn't try it, with my luck.
LOL, i feel you on that
 06-01-2011, 02:19 PM         #14
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sad thing is, if your not in the loop, you will never know.........if somebody knows whats good send me a pm
 06-01-2011, 02:30 PM         #15
Gleams 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the feds takin pictures
 7 years ago '05        #16
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,500 | Props total: 1358 1358
how does this cross the border?
they open all the sh*t i buy and never package it back right
 7 years ago '05        #17
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72 OP
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
delete this thread...I u didn't know about it before you don't need to know now
You know except for the fact thats its on one of the biggest blog sites on the internet and spreading across the major news sites fast.
 7 years ago '06        #18
Mr. Future 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,180 | Props total: 1811 1811
 Gleams said:
the feds takin pictures
 7 years ago '11        #19
socal511 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$667 | Props total: 603 603
IS cc only payment method?
 06-01-2011, 04:04 PM         #20
pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's easy to get to the site.

download this

then once you install it and you run it, it opens up a new browser. in that browser u go to this site and that's it you're there.

you don't really pay with "your" money cause u buy these "bitcoins" from another site and they can't trace it to you. you pay the people in coins and then they convert it back to real money and they can't tell where it came from. right now 1 bitcoin = $9.35 but the price goes up and down everyday.

i'm on it right now its legit
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy