most viewed right now
NCAAB The OFFICIAL Michael Porter Jr got now, next and forever thread
12278 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Brian Windhorst: Cavaliers & Lakers are front runners to sign LeBron James
26 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
justinjones 312 heat pts312
space
space
$51,228 | Props total: 11086 11086
this damn samples vs shadyvseminem happens almost every week now

and a lot of songs in any genre got more than one writer on it. why is that so surprising to people
 7 years ago '05        #62
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Its unoriginal, just like recently Beyonce got crucified for jacking some elses performance (hilarious stuff)
so you dont like sampled music, but you like rap? really dude? seriously, just really? what exactly do you like then? what songs do you like, what artists? now its at the point where i have to know just for piece of mind, because your making an argument that is so far fetched and wrong that you must be running some sort of kaufmanesque joke, you can't be for real
 05-29-2011, 02:51 PM         #63
BrooklynWHAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cole really jocks Ye way to much. Come up on your own image/steez like everybody else did
 05-29-2011, 03:13 PM         #64
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trock34 said:

[pic - click to view]

but Cole's manager tweeted a quote from Never Let Me Down

Never Let Me Down being revived would be amazin.
 05-29-2011, 03:21 PM         #65
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StatisticZ said:
Never Let Me Down being revived would be amazin.
do we really need to remake songs from 6 years ago?
 05-29-2011, 03:43 PM         #66
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Slickems said:
do we really need to remake songs from 6 years ago?
Remaking the sampling, that'd be dope. Technology for sound has advanced a lot since then..
 7 years ago '05        #67
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$48,113 | Props total: 13789 13789
 pkilla111 said:
u know how hard it is to make a hot track without a sample :omfg:and im being dead serious
Im a.ssuming u dont know who Lex Luger is
 7 years ago '07        #68
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 21 21
 trock34 said:
your a idiot we know
irony
 7 years ago '07        #69
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$17,054 | Props total: 1636 1636
he's not getting a gramophone
 7 years ago '10        #70
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 1667 1667
What if its all falls down :kanyeuhh:

Last edited by Rawfury; 05-29-2011 at 04:02 PM..
 05-29-2011, 03:58 PM         #71
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StatisticZ said:
Remaking the sampling, that'd be dope. Technology for sound has advanced a lot since then..
explain
 7 years ago '04        #72
Sence 
space
space
$378 | Props total: 18 18
 pkilla111 said:
flashing lights aint a sample neither and its one of his best workkanye a genius

Flashing Lights is a sample from Curtis Mayfield's song "Little Child Running Wild"

I bump Kanye West... but the dude samples heavy... just his style... To each their own..
 7 years ago '04        #73
Sence 
space
space
$378 | Props total: 18 18
 iThink said:
I don't believe paranoid was sampled either and it was hot
Paranoid is a sample from Alan Parsons Project's song "Standing On Higher Ground"

No disrespect... But you are in Nuclear War with a Swiss army knife trying to defend Kanye West as a non sampling creative producer... He falls in the category of a great beat maker...

Just because dude is getting "A's" in Algebra doesn't mean he should go around telling everyone he knows Quantum Physics and Calculus.

Not a good look.. Especially when you run up on someone with a PhD... Hence the Quincy Jones and Kanye West exchange that happen not to long ago...

Dude is good at what he does... I listen with that in mind... and I think everyone else should simply do the same...
 05-29-2011, 04:44 PM         #74
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sence said:
Paranoid is a sample from Alan Parsons Project's song "Standing On Higher Ground"

No disrespect... But you are in Nuclear War with a Swiss army knife trying to defend Kanye West as a non sampling creative producer... He falls in the category of a great beat maker...

Just because dude is getting "A's" in Algebra doesn't mean he should go around telling everyone he knows Quantum Physics and Calculus.

Not a good look.. Especially when you run up on someone with a PhD... Hence the Quincy Jones and Kanye West exchange that happen not to long ago...

Dude is good at what he does... I listen with that in mind... and I think everyone else should simply do the same...

Find your love, all of the lights, love lockdown, amazing, welcome to heartbreak, you know you know (without vocal sample), show me a good time

those are classic beats IMO...and theyre enough for me to consider him an amazing producer even without samples...hes up there with the greatest as far as non-sampling hip hop producers
 7 years ago '09        #75
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,081 | Props total: 1002 1002
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Name a few of his hits that are not based around a sample
THe article clearly states 5 PEOPLE need to give permission for the clearance it's not just Kanye stop responding dofus
 05-29-2011, 05:08 PM         #76
sputomalato 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This whole thread is

1. EVERY great Hip-Hop producer EVER has sampled heavily. Idiots will claim sampling shows you lack skill, then say their favorite producer is Premier/Pete Rock/RZA/Dre or whoever.

2. Whatever song he sampled could have had 4 different writers on it. If the songwriter from the sampled track gave some writing credits to a guy hitting a cow bell once on it or some sh*t, your gonna have to get his permission too.
 05-29-2011, 05:17 PM         #77
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rawfury said:
What if its all falls down :kanyeuhh:
That's actually what I thought it was and Lauryn Hill was causing problems.
 05-29-2011, 05:23 PM         #78
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
No wonder it was his worst recieved album, that pretty much rubber stamps my point emphatically. The album where he tried to be original the most was the album his fans hate most.
He definitely learned his lesson for his next album cause he went to town sampling again having realized his own beats didnt cut the mustard
It has nothing to do with the fact that it's his darkest album or the fact that it features him singing not rapping, or maybe because he deliberately didn't make music for the sake of sales (which no doubt, is why you listen to music, because it sells well)? No, you're going to take your idiotic argument of Kanye's original music being garbage so he has to sample or "steal" music.

My question is, why are you even here? Nobody with any sense agrees with your thoughts and you've contradicted your own self several times. You've pointed out how Kanye has five writers, but multiple Em songs have as many as four writers.

Your problem with Kanye is he's black and he interrupted Taylor Swift. Let's be honest here. You're tired of the black man Kanye being liked better or critically lauded more than your God Eminem. That's your problem. I don't see you running your little Euro self into DJ Premier threads, Nas threads, or any other rappers threads talking this sample bullsh*t. You have a personal beef with Kanye. Just let it out and you'll be free.

Last edited by Dangerously; 05-29-2011 at 05:31 PM..
 05-29-2011, 05:25 PM         #79
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
It has nothing to do with the fact that it's his darkest album or the fact that it features him singing not rapping, or maybe because he deliberately didn't make music for the sake of sales (which no doubt, is why you listen to music, because it sells well)? No, you're going to take your idiotic argument of Kanye's original music being garbage so he has to sample or "steal" music.

My question is, why are you even here? Nobody with any sense agrees with your thoughts and you've contradicted your own self several times. You've pointed out how Kanye has five writers, but multiple Em songs have as many as four writers.

Your problem with Kanye is he's black and he interrupted Taylor Swift. Let's be honest here. You're tired of the black man Kanye being liked better or critically lauded more than your God Eminem. That's your problem. I don't see you running your little Euro self into DJ Premiere threads, Nas threads, or any other rappers threads talking this sample bullsh*t. You have a personal beef with Kanye. Just let it out and you'll be free.

[pic - click to view]

05-29-2011, 05:30 PM         #80
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look at this thief.

No. Title Writer(s) Producer(s) Length
1. "Cold Wind Blows" Marshall Mathers, J. Smith, S. Byrne, H. Marsh, J. Perry, C. Synge Just Blaze 5:03

2. "Talkin' 2 Myself" (featuring Kobe) M. Mathers, K. Rahman, P. Injeti, B. Honeycutt DJ Khalil 5:00

3. "On Fire" M. Mathers, D. Porter, C. Wilson, L. Wilson, R. Wilson Denaun Porter 3:33

4. "Won't Back Down" (featuring Pink) M. Mathers, K. Rahman, E. Alcock, L. Rodrigues, C. Smith DJ Khalil 4:25

5. "W.T.P." M. Mathers, L. Resto, D. Chin-Quee, J. Gilbert Supa Dups, JG (co.), Eminem (add.) 3:58

6. "Going Through Changes" M. Mathers, E. Heynie, J. Osbourne, A. Iommi, W. Ward, T. Butler Emile 4:58

7. "Not Afraid" M. Mathers, L. Resto, M. Samuels, J. Evans, M. Burnett Boi-1da, Jordan Evans (add.), Matthew Burnett (add.), Eminem (add.) 4:08

8. "Seduction" M. Mathers, M. Samuels, M. Burnett, S. Jordan Boi-1da, Matthew Burnett (add.) 4:35

9. "No Love" (featuring Lil Wayne) M. Mathers, D. Carter, J. Smith, Dee Dee Halligan, Junior Torello Just Blaze 4:59

10. "Space Bound" M. Mathers, J. Scheffer, S. McEwan Jim Jonsin 4:38

11. "Cinderella Man" M. Mathers Script Shepherd 4:39

12. "25 to Life" M. Mathers, K. Rahman, L. Rodrigues, D. Tannenbaum DJ Khalil 4:01

13. "So Bad" M. Mathers, A. Young, M. Batson, D. Parker, T. Lawrence, S. Cruse, N. Brongers Dr. Dre, Nick Brongers 5:25

14. "Almost Famous" M. Mathers, K. Rahman, L. Rodrigues, E. Alcock. P. Injeti, D. Tannenbaum DJ Khalil 4:52

15. "Love the Way You Lie" (featuring Rihanna) M. Mathers, A. Grant, H. Hafermann Alex da Kid 4:23

16. "You're Never Over" M. Mathers, J. Smith, M. Mainieri Jr., G. McMann Just Blaze 5:05

17. "Untitled" (hidden track) M. Mathers, K. Muchita, M. Crawford, J. Madara, D. White Havoc, Magnedo7 (co.) 3:14

______

DAMN HE NEEDED 6 WRITERS FOR A SONG CALLED UNTITLED :whoa2:

Sample credits

* "Cold Wind Blows" contains elements from "Patriotic Song" by The Gringos
* "On Fire" contains a sample of "Peace and Love" as performed by Mandrill
* "Going Through Changes" contains a sample of "Changes" by Black Sabbath
* "No Love" features a sample of "What Is Love" by Haddaway
* "Space Bound" features an interpolation of "Song for Bob" by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis
* "Space Bound" features an interpolation of "Drive" by R.E.M.
* "You're Never Over" contains a sample of "Cry Little Sister" by Gerard McMann
* "Untitled" features a sample of "You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore

Personnel

Credits for Recovery adapted from Allmusic.[92]

* Erik Alcock – Guitar
* Julian Alexander – Art Direction, Design
* Mark Batson – Keyboards
* Kip Blackshire – Choir, Chorus
* Boi 1da – Producer
* Nick Brongers – Producer
* Matthew Burnett – Strings, Additional Production
* Damon "Bing" Chatman – a.ssistant Coordinator
* Larry Chatman – Production Coordination, Project Coordinator
* Christian Clancy – Marketing
* Kristen Ashley Cole – Choir, Chorus
* M. Crawford – Composer
* Sean Cruse – Guitar
* Kal "Boogie" Dellaportas – Engineer
* Terry Dexter – Choir, Chorus
* DJ Khalil – Producer
* DJ Mormile – A&R
* Dr. Dre – Producer, Executive Producer, Mixing
* Eminem – Mixing, Additional Production
* Jordan Evans – Strings, Additional Production
* John Fisher – Studio Manager
* Michael Gamble – Engineer
* Brian "Big Bass" Gardner – Mastering
* Christal Garrick II – Choir, Chorus
* Nikki Grier – Vocals
* Havoc – Producer
* Emile Haynie – Producer
* Howie Herbst – a.ssistant Engineer
* Matt Huber – a.ssistant Engineer
* Chin Injeti – Bass, Guitar
* Tony Iommi – Composer
* Mauricio Iragorri – Engineer
* Joe Strange – Engineer, a.ssistant Engineer
* Jim Jonsin – Keyboards, Programming, Producer
* Sly Jordan – Saxophone, Vocals, Choir, Chorus
* Just Blaze – Producer, Mixing
* Danny Keyz – Keyboards
* Alex Da Kid – Producer, Mixing
* Rich King – Choir, Chorus
* Trevor Lawrence – Keyboards
* Spike Lindsey – a.ssistant Engineer
* Nick Low-Beer – Drum Programming
* Magnedo – Producer
* Deborah Mannis-Gardner – Sample Clearance
* Robert Marks – Engineer
* Rob Marks – Mixing
* Marshall Mathers – Composer
* Steve McEwan – Guitar, Vocals on track 11
* Tracy McNew – A&R
* Alex Murzin – Engineer
* Danny Morris – Keyboards
* Mr. Porter – Producer
* Dawaun Parker – Keyboards
* Nigel Parry – Photography
* Chris "Trife" Patilis – a.ssistant Engineer
* Kirdis Postelle – Project Coordinator
* Dwayne "Supa Dups" Chin Quee – Drums, Producer, Engineer, Drum Arrangements
* Rahki – Keyboards, Programming
* Khalil Abdul Rahman – Keyboards, Drum Programming
* Luis Resto – Keyboards
* Robert Reyes – a.ssistant Engineer, Vocal Engineer
* Makeba Ridd!ck – Vocal Producer
* Liz Rodriguez – Vocals
* Paul D. Rosenberg – Executive Producer
* Matthew "Boi 1da" Samuels – Drums, Engineer
* Jason Sangerman – Marketing Coordinator
* Les Scurry – Production Coordination
* Daniel Seeff – Guitar
* Script Shepherd – Producer
* Manny Smith – A&R
* Mike Strange – Guitar (Acoustic), Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Engineer, Mixing
* Marcos Tovar – Engineer
* Bill Ward – Composer
* Ryan West – Engineer, Mixing
* Jason Wilkie – a.ssistant Engineer
* Andre Young – Composer
* Ianthe Zevos – Creative Director
__

Sorry ShadyvsEminem. It isn't just your hero, a pen, a pad, some drugs and magic beans making these hit records.
Home      

most viewed right now
Iggy Azalea continues to show HER IMPORTANCE to the hip hop community part 3080!
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick gives credit card scammers a fake card #
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA When the "Ball is Life" dream is slipping away and reality is waiting for ..
71 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
My Handz are full, my mouth is full everything is full
67 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacion’s Ex-Girlfriend Reacts To His Untimely Death, "Y’all Don’..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
New & what’s leaving Netflix July 2018
25 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Creed II Trailer
89 comments
1 day ago