most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #21
*c.o.a.* 104 heat pts104
space
space
$3,659 | Props total: 44 44
 ShadyVsEminem said:
He has all these samples on just his last album now he wont give some up and coming rapper a sample of one his songs, what a donut

"Dark Fantasy" contains samples of "In High Places" by Mike Oldfield.
"Gorgeous" contains portions and elements of the composition "You Showed Me", written by Gene Clark and Roger McGuinn.
"Power" contains elements from "It's Your Thing" by Cold Grits, contains elements of "Afromerica" by Continent Number 6, and contains material sampled from "21st Century Schizoid Man" performed by King Crimson.
"So Appalled" contains samples of "You Are – I Am" by Manfred Mann’s Earth Band.
"Devil in a New Dress" contains samples of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" as performed by Smokey Robinson.
"Runaway" contains a sample of "Expo 83" performed by Backyard Heavies, and contains excerpts of from "Rick James ‘Live at Long Beach, CA’ 1981".
"Hell of a Life" contains samples of "She’s My Baby" by the Mojo Men, contains samples of "Stud-Spider" by Tony Joe White, and contains portions of "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath.
"Blame Game" contains elements of "Avril 14" by Richard James.
"Lost in the World" contains portions of "Soul Makossa", written by Manu Dibango, contains a sample of "Think (About It)" as performed by Lyn Collins, contains samples of "The Woods" as performed by Bon Iver, and contains samples of "Comment No. 1" performed by Gil Scott-Heron.
"Who Will Survive In America" contains samples of "Comment No. 1" performed by Gil Scott-Heron.

He wouldnt exist without samples because no song he made without them has done sh*t

[pic - click to view]

05-29-2011, 01:43 PM         #22
Stayburnin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Brainwave said:
J. Cole told fans that he would deliver the first single from his long-awaited debut last week, but nothing materialized. The Roc Nation rapper resurfaced online to address the reason for the holdup.

[pic - click to view]

“I sampled a Kanye West song, but the problem is, [there's] like five writers that he gave credit to,” Cole explained during a Ustream session. “When you’re clearing a sample, every writer has to be contacted. So you have to contact each and every one of them and get it cleared, so it’s tougher than the average one. As soon as it clears, we’re puttin’ it out.”

He originally hoped to release it in time for Memorial Day weekend. “It’s perfect for the summer. It’s beautiful,” he shared. “I can’t wait till ya’ll hear it and then hear the sample and the original and how I did it. I don’t feel like nobody would’ve thought to flip it like that or even would’ve heard that part.”

Cole’s as-yet-untitled album, which will include 14 or 15 tracks, has been completed and will feature a song with his Roc Nation boss and mentor Jay-Z. “I did the song for Jay—finally, finally, finally. It’s fu*king crazy.”

While his debut hasn’t even hit stores, he’s close to wrapping album number two. “[I'm] probably about 70% [done with] the second album. I’m tryna drop two in a year. I’m tryna come back maybe eight, nine months after,” he said.

He hopes to drop another mixtape in the summer and sees gold gramophones in the near future. “I’m tryna win that Grammy, tryna pull some Lauryn Hill sh*t.”

isnt it supposed to be called cole world?
 7 years ago '04        #23
JusTooMuch 
space
space
space
$306 | Props total: 1 1
My guess is that it's a song of Kanye's that also used a sample...so they prob have to get clearance from the original writers of the song that was sampled. Just a guess though.
 7 years ago '09        #24
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6250 6250
 *c.o.a.* said:

[pic - click to view]

=)
Not really no, its the people who give Kanye a licence to steal that should be mad though.

Defending him through thick and thin now an artist they want to hear cant sample a Kanye song without hardship. I dont really like J Cole but i hope he comes out and makes a smash hit album to sicken boxden
 7 years ago '04        #25
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 2731 2731
 StatisticZ said:
why u think that??
sarcasm
 7 years ago '09        #26
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,212 | Props total: 7382 7382
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Name a few of his hits that are not based around a sample
All of The Lights has no samples

(inb4 look how many producers helped him so predictable)

we get it you don't like Kanye so you keep reaching for a compliant (coming from the guy who said Soul music isn't hip-hop , Kanye is racist , Kanye is R&B)

now I'm sure Cole got the okay from Kanye lets not forget Kanye put Cole on Looking For Trouble

but Kanye is working on his album with Jay and since Cole is sampling something of College Dropout. Did someone help Ye clear all his samples especially during College Dropout? maybe but I doubt Ye has time to call all those people , It's Cole's job not Kanye's
 05-29-2011, 01:50 PM         #27
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Not really no, its the people who give Kanye a licence to steal that should be mad though. Defending him through thick and thin now an artist they want to hear cant sample a Kanye song without hardship
stfu. if ur dumb european a.ss had read in the first place it's not even kanye, it's one of the OTHER 4 people waiting to respond to release it.
 05-29-2011, 01:50 PM         #28
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rendition said:
you must be 1 of the idiots that liked that piece of sh*t a.ss song

so the song didn't sound like a Kanye refrence track?

actually don't even answer that.. because if you liked that song we shouldn't be talking
I don't give two sh*ts about that song, but it has nothing to do with kanye.......you know who I hear genius? I hear J.cole on that record.......that is who's rapping on there right?

oh ok.
 7 years ago '09        #29
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
All Of The Lights(current hit RIGHT NOW)
Welcome To Heartbreak(charted)
Say You Will
Show Me A Good Time
Find Your Love(hit for Drake)
Can't Tell Me Nothing(hit)
Amazing(charted)
Bring Me Down
Love Lockdown(a hit without a sample)

all have no samples now go away ShadyvsEminem

Yeezy da don

Last edited by trock34; 05-29-2011 at 02:00 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #30
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6250 6250
 pkilla111 said:
see this guy knows. all of 808 =no samples=hot album
No wonder it was his worst recieved album, that pretty much rubber stamps my point emphatically. The album where he tried to be original the most was the album his fans hate most.
He definitely learned his lesson for his next album cause he went to town sampling again having realized his own beats didnt cut the mustard

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 05-29-2011 at 02:02 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #31
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
 pkilla111 said:
i duno bout all that. tracks have a lot more soul and feeling when sampled. u gotta be a talented son of a bi*ch and kno wat ur doin to make a hot track from scratch

see this guy knows. all of 808 =no samples=hot album
peep the updated list :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '04        #32
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,041 | Props total: 67 67
im calling his bluff
 7 years ago '05        #33
hanis 
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 1 1
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Not really no, its the people who give Kanye a licence to steal that should be mad though.

Defending him through thick and thin now an artist they want to hear cant sample a Kanye song without hardship. I dont really like J Cole but i hope he comes out and makes a smash hit album to sicken boxden
of course ye uses samples, and so do 85% of producers, you're missing the point... if cole is required to get 5 clearances for that one sample, kanye is only 1 of the 5, why would he go out of his way to wrangle up the other people? isn't that what cole has managers for? isn't that what he has a label for? why is that kanye's responsibility? not to mention you can't catch ye anywhere but on email, so what if he decides he doesn't want to answer an email about helping cole out? that makes him a bad guy?....

you act like because kanye made a song, that had several people working on it including whatever sample he used, that cole should be able to easily clear said sample with no problem at all, and on top of that other rappers who have no vested interest in him should go out of there way to make sure he gets to clear that song, what fu*king sense does that make? either you're ignorant or have no clue how this music game works at all

the bigger point is that cole shouldn't have opened his mouth about the song at all until everything was cleared and ready to go, thats just a symptom of a new artist that has been struggling to get a hit, finally thinks he has one, and can't keep his mouth shut until its a full go... now whoever else has to be cleared on this song will look at all the talk about it, and hit them with some crazy upfront number or a crazy amount of publishing, because the song being made is out there and people are looking for it
 7 years ago '09        #34
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
No wonder it was his worst recieved album, that pretty much rubber stamps my point emphatically. The album where he tried to be original the most was the album his fans hate most.
He definitely learned his lesson for his next album cause he went to town sampling again having realized his own beats didnt cut the mustard
lmaoo you stay failing cause u didn't like the album doesn't mean most didn't

[pic - click to view]

Kanye is still the most criticality acclaimed artist in hip-hop now

lemme throw this out here

[pic - click to view]

05-29-2011, 02:11 PM         #35
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:
I don't give two sh*ts about that song, but it has nothing to do with kanye.......you know who I hear genius? I hear J.cole on that record.......that is who's rapping on there right?

oh ok.

my first post was about that song. you came at me.. then said you don't give two sh*ts about the song my post was about

i dont follow you

this exchange is pointless as fu*k
 05-29-2011, 02:13 PM         #36
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i never thought i'd see the day that producers would brag openly about sampling OTHER CURRENT PRODUCERS

sh*t is to me

and didnt Kanye say he'd sample Pete Rock? Kanye, Cole, all this sh*t is scusting

I thought sampling was supposed to be about DIGGING in the crates. They were called DITC not TOTR (turning on the radio)

Can you imagine Premo sampling a Pete Rock well-known joint for his first single?
 05-29-2011, 02:18 PM         #37
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trock34 said:
All Of The Lights(current hit RIGHT NOW)
Welcome To Heartbreak(charted)
Say You Will
Show Me A Good Time
Find Your Love(hit for Drake)
Can't Tell Me Nothing(hit)
Amazing(charted)
Bring Me Down
Love Lockdown(a hit without a sample)

all have no samples now go away ShadyvsEminem

Yeezy da don
 05-29-2011, 02:18 PM         #38
DL95 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trock34 said:
lmaoo you stay failing cause u didn't like the album doesn't mean most didn't

[pic - click to view]

Kanye is still the most criticality acclaimed artist in hip-hop now

lemme throw this out here

[pic - click to view]

*insert fat kid leaning back saying ohhh*, im tired of defening sampling, it puts the soul in hip hop music and requires alot of trial and error, even sections of song you think are dope cant be sampled because their arrgements or underlining beats. if you dont think sampling orginal please go on itunes right now and download entroducing, model soul and donuts and your will drop at that fact that the songs are only created using samples.
 7 years ago '09        #39
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 75 75
Pretty crazy but not suprising Kanye needs 5 writers to make a song but can't wait for Coles album
 05-29-2011, 02:22 PM         #40
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't believe paranoid was sampled either and it was hot
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy