So Cole boring huh...

most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
173 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #81
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,733 | Props total: 2225 2225
 x-milky said:
its not that bruh....but thats the problem. n*ggas dont want to hear a n*gga that raps from the perspective of somebody that they work with...Music is just another form of entertainment. So rappers that give a bit(or alot) of fantasy with it are going to be more appealing.

I will take Cam'Ron for example.(and he is just a random rapper used for this example). Now to me cam is an above average lyricist. but what makes him so appealing to most people is his overall presence. His overly c*cky attitude towards women, other males, and just life in general, and his over the top fashion is something that alot of people find entertaining. A cam album is going to take you on a journey with someone that is not your typical, everyday working n*gga.

Jcole on the other hand, like i said before, is like your typical everyday n*gga. His content and perspective is almost too relatable. You cant get mad at a n*gga or criticize a n*gga for how they like to be entertained. People have different tastes in movies, tv shows, and music.

Like if a person goes to the movies, are they going to want to sit thru a documentary of the average everyday working american. or are they going to want to see some car chases. f!ght scenes, n*ggas gettin bodied...you get the point.

Overalll bruh. Music is just entertainment and rappers are entertainers. So n*ggas want to be entertained.
Hit it right on the nose fam. its exactly why i cant listen to ol' boy for long.
 7 years ago '09        #82
RaIVIpAG3x 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,363 | Props total: 2729 2729
i personally think j.cole is a beast, to me he's not boring, i still listen to "in the morning" atleast three times a day, just for cole's verses he did better on it then drake imo. Simba,Grown simba, Return of simba. How can you find those songs boring, he ripped all three. I would take lyrical skill over a fake swag any day, which is why people like lupe and cole get hate, their lyrics are too complex for some people. I cant wait till his album drops :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '05        #83
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
if cole had spit like this, wiith this energy then i could fu*ks wit him, they almost sound similar


[video - click to view]



but cole decides to go the sleepy route, needs to pick up the energy
 7 years ago '04        #84
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 Infamous B said:
ok i'll give u kanye, jay, nas, kast, pac and budden

luda = most over exaggerated delivery in the game. entertaining? to the simple minded. raps about NOTHING.

big sean = same material raps as everyone else with a fabricated "swag" and a f*ggot voice. not what i call exciting.

clipse = i sell coke, i sell coke, i k!ll n*ggas, i sell coke. wow. exhilerating

game = used to be cool but he female status. fell off.

cam'ron = same cadence on every song, predictable slant multis. nothing to keep you guessing.

jeezy = tm 101 is a classic and his next two were fire but credit goes to the production. just because he's loud doesn't mean he's expressive. hustle rap after hustle rap = monotonous. im sure there's a dying soul in there somewhere.

wale = he's good. i think he catches way too much hate on this forum. but he has nowhere near the skill/lyrics/passion/delivery/mic presence/creativity as cole. no contest.
the sad thing is all of their mic presence is better than j.cole. even cole's aggressive flow don't seem that serious sometimes. it might be something that he can't help. he might be lyrically better than all of them but the whole package isn't there. and for the basic music consumer what cole have right now might not be enough.

people are mixing up lyrics with entertainment
 05-29-2011, 04:17 PM         #85
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
the sad thing is all of their mic presence is better than j.cole. even cole's aggressive flow don't seem that serious sometimes. it might be something that he can't help. he might be lyrically better than all of them but the whole package isn't there. and for the basic music consumer what cole have right now might not be enough.

people are mixing up lyrics with entertainment
so big sean, malice and wale have better mic presence than cole?



sht its like every component we move past people have to keep turning over rocks to make cole look like an inferior artist/entertainer.

STILL - 90+ posts deep, waiting on a nay-sayer to be like "yo i listened to little ghetto n*gga and i still think cole doesn't have energy".

its a REASON i posted them tracks. like most n*ggas on here who dont like cole who caught the wrong 2-3 tracks on FNL and gave up on him.

like bruh said, cole has EVERYTHING im looking for in a rapper. but even if you're naive enough to think he's ONLY about lyrics....sht people read books for ENTERTAINMENT right?

lyrics > provoke thought > inspire > entertain
 05-29-2011, 04:21 PM         #86
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 x-milky said:
its not that bruh....but thats the problem. n*ggas dont want to hear a n*gga that raps from the perspective of somebody that they work with...Music is just another form of entertainment. So rappers that give a bit(or alot) of fantasy with it are going to be more appealing.

I will take Cam'Ron for example.(and he is just a random rapper used for this example). Now to me cam is an above average lyricist. but what makes him so appealing to most people is his overall presence. His overly c*cky attitude towards women, other males, and just life in general, and his over the top fashion is something that alot of people find entertaining. A cam album is going to take you on a journey with someone that is not your typical, everyday working n*gga.

Jcole on the other hand, like i said before, is like your typical everyday n*gga. His content and perspective is almost too relatable. You cant get mad at a n*gga or criticize a n*gga for how they like to be entertained. People have different tastes in movies, tv shows, and music.

Like if a person goes to the movies, are they going to want to sit thru a documentary of the average everyday working american. or are they going to want to see some car chases. f!ght scenes, n*ggas gettin bodied...you get the point.

Overalll bruh. Music is just entertainment and rappers are entertainers. So n*ggas want to be entertained.
yeah bruh u mapped that out type logical and everything but i still cant respect someone's opinion who's attracted by gimmicks rather than realness.
 7 years ago '10        #87
GUNITZCAPO 
space
avatar space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
man the average n*gga cant understand cole has sh*t too complex






he like a yung nas or hov real talk..he just ill wit it
 7 years ago '05        #88
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$22,101 | Props total: 4235 4235
he has energy but the lyrics are weak, punchlines soft more often than not..... concepts are getting redundant, either its motivation music or songs about playing out the bi*ches


@ the young nas/hov comparison above me... n*ggas concepts and bars were alot more witty than cole's sh*t, believe that

but n*ggas hype up wacker rappers.... he's not bad, but not in my current top 10
 7 years ago '10        #89
GUNITZCAPO 
space
avatar space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
plus he from NC so his mental on another level...whereas up north n down south n*ggas got a whole style u can id with..NC isnt really considered the south south in hiphop becuz most hiphop n*ggas say NC is like more in-between north n south so Cole gon be hard to id with unless you got a ear for his kind of music...which is lyrical story telling an reality rap/ not pop or mainstream or gangsta or backpack rap












just listen to the n*gga i can vibe to him easy
 7 years ago '10        #90
GUNITZCAPO 
space
avatar space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
@ the young nas/hov comparison above me... n*ggas concepts and bars were alot more witty than cole's sh*t, believe that


thats ur opinion as well...go back n listen to sum of nas n jay ol sh*t..cole got tracks where he spittin bout god n all goin deep..n cole got tracks like hov too new n old














y u think jay-z signed this n*gga?
 7 years ago '04        #91
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$16,552 | Props total: 2661 2661
 Infamous B said:
ok i'll give u kanye, jay, nas, kast, pac and budden

luda = most over exaggerated delivery in the game. entertaining? to the simple minded. raps about NOTHING.

big sean = same material raps as everyone else with a fabricated "swag" and a f*ggot voice. not what i call exciting.

clipse = i sell coke, i sell coke, i k!ll n*ggas, i sell coke. wow. exhilerating

game = used to be cool but he female status. fell off.

cam'ron = same cadence on every song, predictable slant multis. nothing to keep you guessing.

jeezy = tm 101 is a classic and his next two were fire but credit goes to the production. just because he's loud doesn't mean he's expressive. hustle rap after hustle rap = monotonous. im sure there's a dying soul in there somewhere.

wale = he's good. i think he catches way too much hate on this forum. but he has nowhere near the skill/lyrics/passion/delivery/mic presence/creativity as cole. no contest.
Trust j know both sides of your arguement because I am really a cole fan, his lyrics are stellar to me, as are hid lyrics but nowadays as I'm riding in my car listening to music as opposed to just ipod and house listening, he needs a lil bit more to keep the attention. when i say he boring, its not meant to sh*t on him, its just that he hasnt transcended into the well rounded artist group, he's just a lyricist. In the whip u need entertainment. to me Pac is the most well rounded artist and listening to cole, i think thats his biggest influence.
 7 years ago '10        #92
thugworldorder 
space
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 20 20
I LISTENED TO LITTLE GETTO BOY & THE HOV ASKED ME AM I READY TRACK

bottom line

CANT RELATE! AT MOST THIS IS NBA LIVE MUSIC!
 7 years ago '10        #93
thugworldorder 
space
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 20 20
NO TROLL

just saying

THIS IS THAT MONDAY NIGHT LIGHTS MUSIC THIS THAT UPN TEEN DRAMA FLOW

THAT 2012 VARISITY BLUES SOUNDTRACK
 7 years ago '10        #94
thugworldorder 
space
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 20 20
he has energy in some delivery!

BUT THIS THAT fu*k n*gga MUSIC
 7 years ago '04        #95
Exs 153 heat pts153
space
avatar space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 1359 1359
Its not that he's boring its that I've heard it all before from dudes with more energy and conviction. He's a great producer though
 7 years ago '10        #96
thugworldorder 
space
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 20 20
 Exs said:
Its not that he's boring its that I've heard it all before from dudes with more energy and conviction. He's a great producer though
NOT EVEN!
 05-29-2011, 09:46 PM         #97
IronManStarks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7 years ago '04        #98
Exs 153 heat pts153
space
avatar space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 1359 1359
 thugworldorder said:
NOT EVEN!
The HiiiPower inst was really good
 05-29-2011, 11:02 PM         #99
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thugworldorder said:
NO TROLL

just saying

THIS IS THAT MONDAY NIGHT LIGHTS MUSIC THIS THAT UPN TEEN DRAMA FLOW

THAT 2012 VARISITY BLUES SOUNDTRACK
lol wow
 7 years ago '09        #100
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,273 | Props total: 19382 19382
i stay bumpin him "return of simba" been on repeat since it was release that song and "r4 theme song"
imo are the two most addicting songs that came out this year for me can't stop playing either track
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 16
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy