Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-29-2011, 12:17 PM         #61
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 buckeyemcgee21 said:
this his latest

nobody can listen to this and say he borin

Cole murdered this track shawty, good sh*t but n*ggas STILL aint soakin up da game a pimp layin down so flat. once a rapper makes da jump from underground mixtape scene to primetime he gotta take his sh*t to a whole other level. u gotta be able to entertain too

its like basketball. fundamentals is an essential part of being able to stay on da court. but is n*ggas watchin highlights of chest passes & proper box outs?? hell nawwwwwww

J Cole = Tim Duncan of rap
 05-29-2011, 12:21 PM         #62
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 59fifty said:
I think im just a weirdo bcuz imo wayne,ross,minaj,gucci,waka,wiz,etc r some borin mfz, but da n*ggaz I like r wut ppl consider boring...nas,cole,banks,kweli,common,prodigy,guru, budden,etc

and aint nothin wrong wit that shawty, yo tastes is yo tastes

but this thread bout campaignin for Cole like we trippin for callin his swag Tylenol PM. hell naw we aint, Cole got bars but he dont entertain
 05-29-2011, 12:21 PM         #63
buckeyemcgee21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marvin Hagler said:
Cole murdered this track shawty, good sh*t but n*ggas STILL aint soakin up da game a pimp layin down so flat. once a rapper makes da jump from underground mixtape scene to primetime he gotta take his sh*t to a whole other level. u gotta be able to entertain too

its like basketball. fundamentals is an essential part of being able to stay on da court. but is n*ggas watchin highlights of chest passes & proper box outs?? hell nawwwwwww

chill with the tim duncan comparison

but i know what people mean tho when say he borin..maybe he should take lupe advise and dumb it down

i think the real problem tho is jay aint advertisin him like wayne did drake or ye doin big sean right now
 05-29-2011, 12:24 PM         #64
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marvin Hagler said:
mayne whats there not to understand?? u trippin right now shawty. its aint like a n*gga finna sit here and say Cole lyrically wack. but when are yall brain dead n*ggas gon realize that bars just a PART of what make an emcee???

voice, delivery, charisma, versatility, presentation, performative element all trump da pen game, FACT. and if u feelin J Cole dope well u on da same page wit Jay Z so it aint like u crazy for thinkin so. but n*gga dont git mad at what u hearin, pay attention becuz this a problem for Cole. yall sayin its hate but what da fu*k Jermaine done to even be hated?

J Cole be spittin them lullabies its that simple shawty
Im done explaining man, we have the same threads about j.cole everytime...
 7 years ago '04        #65
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,553 | Props total: 2661 2661
 Marvin Hagler said:
Cole murdered this track shawty, good sh*ct but n*ggas STILL aint soakin up da game a pimp layin down so flat. once a rapper makes da jump from underground mixtape scene to primetime he gotta take his sh*t to a whole other level. u gotta be able to entertain too

Real talk we was comparing rappers to bball players and my n*gga said Cole was Duncan too, nobody saying he wack he just missing that lil flash that will make him the superstar he could be, Warm up to me was perfect damn near.
 05-29-2011, 12:29 PM         #66
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If j.cole is boring you might as well say nas is....

Yall n*ggas talking about energy and sh*t, aint that what makes a rapper different?
 7 years ago '04        #67
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,194 | Props total: 3340 3340
X-Milky has a great point, rap and mainstream music is about IMAGE and ACTING. That's the main reason Cole is not beloved, cause people looking for a character and not the Art which is the music.
T/S won btw, he specifically asked yall to NAME SOMEONE WHO YOU CONSIDER NOT BORING not one response to that question.

Yall didn't wanna admit not boring rappers are Waka, Gucci, Ross. Didn't wanna say it huh? I know why
 05-29-2011, 12:39 PM         #68
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Veno da Don said:
X-Milky has a great point, rap and mainstream music is about IMAGE and ACTING. That's the main reason Cole is not beloved, cause people looking for a character and not the Art which is the music.
T/S won btw, he specifically asked yall to NAME SOMEONE WHO YOU CONSIDER NOT BORING not one response to that question.

Yall didn't wanna admit not boring rappers are Waka, Gucci, Ross. Didn't wanna say it huh? I know why
:agreement6:
 7 years ago '10        #69
ReelCeasar 182 heat pts182
space
space
$6,030 | Props total: 4299 4299
Yea this n*gga is boring...case closed! He gotta few good tracks but thats about it...
 7 years ago '04        #70
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
Kanye, Jay after Blueprint, Nas, Outkast, Ludacris, Big Sean, Clipse, 2pac, Game, Camron, Cihy, Budden, Jeezy, Wale, Pac Div
 05-29-2011, 12:59 PM         #71
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killababi said:
Kanye, Jay after Blueprint, Nas, Outkast, Ludacris, Big Sean, Clipse, 2pac, Game, Camron, Cihy, Budden, Jeezy, Wale, Pac Div
and?
 7 years ago '04        #72
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
 antoniob 321 said:
and?
Those were artists I don't consider boring, post was supposed to come after yours, all of em might not be lyrically better than Cole but they know how to hold the attention better than he does, a lot of it does come down to his beat selection tho and not always his flow alone
 7 years ago '07        #73
mosexclusive 
space
space
space
$642 | Props total: 6 6
I bump Cole all the time...I think he's dope. I think really what people are trying to explain when saying he's boring, is that he's just too complex. Most of the time, Cole's verses are not so straight forward that you can just get it without putting any effort into trying to understand it. Most people I feel want to effortlessly listen to music. They wanna do 10 other things while the song is playin, and then pop back in the middle of the 2nd verse and know exactly what's happening in the song. Case in point Ross, Gucci, Flocka, sometimes Drake, Wayne, and even Jay to a certain extent.

Cole need to read Jay's book to understand the concept that most people don't know how to listen to music. So when you trying to make a living by selling your art sometimes you have to compromise for weak a.ss consumers.
 05-29-2011, 01:49 PM         #74
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Veno da Don said:

^^^^^
 05-29-2011, 01:57 PM         #75
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 killababi said:
ok i'll give u kanye, jay, nas, kast, pac and budden

luda = most over exaggerated delivery in the game. entertaining? to the simple minded. raps about NOTHING.

big sean = same material raps as everyone else with a fabricated "swag" and a f*ggot voice. not what i call exciting.

clipse = i sell coke, i sell coke, i k!ll n*ggas, i sell coke. wow. exhilerating

game = used to be cool but he female status. fell off.

cam'ron = same cadence on every song, predictable slant multis. nothing to keep you guessing.

jeezy = tm 101 is a classic and his next two were fire but credit goes to the production. just because he's loud doesn't mean he's expressive. hustle rap after hustle rap = monotonous. im sure there's a dying soul in there somewhere.

wale = he's good. i think he catches way too much hate on this forum. but he has nowhere near the skill/lyrics/passion/delivery/mic presence/creativity as cole. no contest.
 7 years ago '05        #76
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,930 | Props total: 30329 30329
Elhizi is boring

Wiz Khalifa is boring

Mac miller is boring
 05-29-2011, 02:01 PM         #77
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think i'm beginning to realize that yall just cant relate to a real life n*gga. yall want this sh*t to be like wwf. yall want movie stars not artists. fakeness.
 7 years ago '10        #78
yaboiace 5 heat pts
space
space
$330 | Props total: 155 155
 Infamous B said:
i think i'm beginning to realize that yall just cant relate to a real life n*gga. yall want this sh*t to be like wwf. yall want movie stars not artists. fakeness.
Yea man, i jus dont understand, n*ggas in here talkin bout he only got a few good songs. n*gga a FEW? cmon man, i respect everybody opinion and if u feel cole is borin then sh*t, thats jus how u feel but to say every song got the same laid back energy n sh*t? u jus not bein real wit urself, this n*gga has everything i look for in a rapper personally, but at the end of the day, its all jus opinions, so i aint worried bout it...
 7 years ago '09        #79
59fifty 
space
space
$22,732 | Props total: 10168 10168
 x-milky said:
its not that bruh....but thats the problem. n*ggas dont want to hear a n*gga that raps from the perspective of somebody that they work with...Music is just another form of entertainment. So rappers that give a bit(or alot) of fantasy with it are going to be more appealing.

I will take Cam'Ron for example.(and he is just a random rapper used for this example). Now to me cam is an above average lyricist. but what makes him so appealing to most people is his overall presence. His overly c*cky attitude towards women, other males, and just life in general, and his over the top fashion is something that alot of people find entertaining. A cam album is going to take you on a journey with someone that is not your typical, everyday working n*gga.

Jcole on the other hand, like i said before, is like your typical everyday n*gga. His content and perspective is almost too relatable. You cant get mad at a n*gga or criticize a n*gga for how they like to be entertained. People have different tastes in movies, tv shows, and music.

Like if a person goes to the movies, are they going to want to sit thru a documentary of the average everyday working american. or are they going to want to see some car chases. f!ght scenes, n*ggas gettin bodied...you get the point.

Overalll bruh. Music is just entertainment and rappers are entertainers. So n*ggas want to be entertained.
Yea datz a good point folk
 7 years ago '05        #80
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2229 2229
 coolcat said:
He is boring and doesnt have a distinctive voice.....He is a average rapper. whoe makes average beats. Its a reason he hasnt taken off yet.
^This. Cole is a rapper with good content, but its not gonna fly if he dont make himself stand out somehow. He average at best. Friday Night Lights did not impress me at all, i was mad bored in the whip, like ehh let me throw some trap muzik and bounce in this whip, shyt.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy