50 Quotes Of Advice From BRUCE LEE

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
14667 pageviews
52 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
50 Quotes Of Advice From BRUCE LEE

[pic - click to view]

Along with Mr. Miyagi and Michael Caine, we can always rely on the late Bruce Lee to deliver a steady stream of quotable wisdom.

If you're having relationship issues, job concerns or struggling to find the stamina to become a kung fu warrior, we can guarantee that Bruce will have something constructive to say.

1. "Running water never grows stale. So you just have to keep on flowing."

2. "Cease negative mental chattering. — If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible."

3. "Make at least one definite move daily toward your goal."

4. "There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."

5. "What IS is more important than WHAT SHOULD BE."

6. "Balance your thoughts with action. — If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done."

7. "Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail."

8. "Life is better lived than conceptualized."

[pic - click to view]

9. "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect."

10. "A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."

11. "Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your…

12. "If one loves, one need not have an ideology of

13. "As you think, so shall you become."

14. "It’s not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.

[pic - click to view]

15. "To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person."

16. "Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against."

17. "Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory."

18. "I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine."

19. "To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."

20. "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."

21. "A f!ght is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard.

[pic - click to view]

22. "The great mistake is to anticipate the outcome of the engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory or defeat. Let nature take its course, and your tools will strike at the right moment

23. "Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.

24. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

25. "The happiness that is derived from excitement is like a brilliant fire — soon it will go out."

26. You have to keep your reflexes so that when you want it — it’s there."

27. "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."

28. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."

[pic - click to view]

29. "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."

30. "Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.

31. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them."

32. Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind

33. Obey the principles without being bound by them."

[pic - click to view]

34. The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

35. "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.

36. Ultimately the greatest help is self-help."

37. "Take inventory of everyone with whom you have contact."

38. Meaning is found in relationship

39. "Concentration is the ROOT of all the higher abilities in man."

40. "Reality is apparent when one ceases to compare.

41. Instead of dedicating your life to actualize a concept of what you should be like, ACTUALIZE YOURSELF.

42. Be happy, but never satisfied."

[pic - click to view]

43. "Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own."

44. Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."

45. Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality."

46. Be self aware, rather than a repetitious robot.

47. "If you don't want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today."

[pic - click to view]

48. there is a God, he is within. You don't ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme.

49. A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence."

50. "For it is easy to criticise and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime."

[pic - click to view]

50 Pieces of Bruce Lee Wisdom / Films / ShortList Magazine

52 comments for "50 Quotes Of Advice From BRUCE LEE"

7 years ago '07        #2
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Similar to Lil B
 7 years ago '04        #3
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 222 222
..so this hip hop.. huh?
 05-27-2011, 08:31 PM         #4
BrooklynWHAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my life has been changed.

thank you based bruce.
 05-27-2011, 08:31 PM         #5
Ghost Of JesUs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some of those where posted twice. so its really 45 quotes :)
 7 years ago '07        #6
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
One of my favorites (which wasn't posted on here for some reason) is "“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”".

Dopeness. :applause:
 7 years ago '10        #7
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
 Watermast said:

[pic - click to view]

wait.......what?????
 7 years ago '11        #8
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,657 | Props total: 4756 4756
bruce was a g, heres some motivation for exercising

[pic - click to view]

“Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-two minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a half minutes per mile]. So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.” I said, “Bruce, I can’t go five. I’m a helluva lot older than you are, and I can’t do five.” He said, “When we get to three, we’ll shift gears and it’s only two more and you’ll do it.” I said “Okay, hell, I’ll go for it.” So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I’m okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out. I’m tired, my heart’s pounding, I can’t go any more and so I say to him, “Bruce if I run any more,” —and we’re still running-“if I run any more I’m liable to have a heart attack and die.” He said, “Then die.” It made me so mad that I went the full five miles. Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, “Why did you say that?” He said, “Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it k!lls you, it k!lls you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”
-From The Art of Expressing the Human Body By Bruce Lee/John Little
 05-27-2011, 09:06 PM         #9
Kal Tourette 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My favorite icon. my personal Idol and man that got me into free thinking and away from religion. He was better than Jesus cause he was REAL!!!!
 7 years ago '06        #10
swiff epics 3 heat pts
space
space
$577 | Props total: 109 109
was i the only one who thought this thread had something to do with 50 cent?
 05-27-2011, 09:10 PM         #11
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 swiff epics said:
was i the only one who thought this thread had something to do with 50 cent?
I was thinkin.."wha the fu*k is 50 Cent doing quoting Bruce Lee"

Glad I aint the only one
 7 years ago '07        #12
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
so inspirational. finna go ham in the gym tomorrow. thank you based lee.
 7 years ago '04        #13
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,161 | Props total: 1607 1607
 Mr_Chopsticks said:
I was thinkin.."wha the fu*k is 50 Cent doing quoting Bruce Lee"

Glad I aint the only one
i'm saying, either way too much damn quotes for me to remember sorry
 7 years ago '10        #14
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
 megalomaniacal said:

[pic - click to view]

“Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-two minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a half minutes per mile]. So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.” I said, “Bruce, I can’t go five. I’m a helluva lot older than you are, and I can’t do five.” He said, “When we get to three, we’ll shift gears and it’s only two more and you’ll do it.” I said “Okay, hell, I’ll go for it.” So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I’m okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out. I’m tired, my heart’s pounding, I can’t go any more and so I say to him, “Bruce if I run any more,” —and we’re still running-“if I run any more I’m liable to have a heart attack and die.” He said, “Then die.” It made me so mad that I went the full five miles. Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, “Why did you say that?” He said, “Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it k!lls you, it k!lls you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”
*orders book off amazon
 7 years ago '07        #15
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
ay two quotes are on there twice tho..
 7 years ago '06        #16
The Scenario 43 heat pts43
space
space
$4,126 | Props total: 3146 3146
He forgot: "Don't love them hoes."
 7 years ago '05        #17
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
 megalomaniacal said:

[pic - click to view]

I was gonna say this should be added to the original post
 7 years ago '05        #18
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
Also I want to add:

"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee
 05-27-2011, 09:37 PM         #19
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 megalomaniacal said:

[pic - click to view]

After reading that Im compeled to buy that book it sounds like a great and inspirational read
 7 years ago '04        #20
matik23 
space
space
$1,842 | Props total: 126 126
This dude was ahead of his time, still is.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy