I've officially lost respect for Kevin Durant

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #121
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 Liquid-Science said:
you're basing this on what? a couple of games here and there and maybe 10 minutes of basketball that caused a knee jerk reaction?

I got scoring titles, a series against a team that was hot (Denver), a game 7 against Memphis (a team that knocked out a #1 seed), and a run through the world basketball championship tournament with a young team on my side
Durant is that u?
 7 years ago '08        #122
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,773 | Props total: 12276 12276
 DurtySoufReppin said:
Top 5?

Lebron
Wade
Howard
Dirk
Cp3
Rose
Melo
>>>>> Durant
You lost when Kobe was omitted from the list

SmoothTay said:
so melo still the same player from his rookie year ?
I was like no he didn't just say that.

Vincent_Chase said:
n*gga your punk a.ss just registered and u tryin to throw heat, gtfo with that f*ggotry

ohhh sh*tt the NBA gon fine me for a gay slur!

[pic - click to view]

05-24-2011, 10:34 AM         #123
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
It's more than FT shooting if Durant has a 4-5% edge. Durant's three point makes is also reason. Either way, Durant is a more efficient scorer.
Not really. Because there really is nothing significant he does other then shoot free throws better.

Look at their playoff numbers. Both shooting 42% from the field. Both shooting 85% from the line. Durant shooting 31% from 3 melo shooting 34%.
 7 years ago '04        #124
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3267 3267
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Your whole argument is based on ifs.

Stop looking at the percentage and look at how many threes Durant made compared to Melo. And even if you want to look at the percentage, Melo shot worse on a lower volume of threes than Durant shot on a higher volume of threes. Usually good three point shooter who take a low volume of threes, end up shooting a much higher percentage.

Facts are in front of you. Durant is a more efficient scorer and better three point shooter.
he is marginally more efficient and he shoots a lil better from 3 and that makes him better than melo now?? i dont see it but we arent gonna agree on it, theres no use arguing anymore to be honest
 7 years ago '04        #125
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3267 3267
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
I didn't say Durant was better than Melo because of 2 things. Hotep said that Durant does nothing better than Melo. I posted numbers proving that Durant does at least 2 things better than Melo.

It's really not silly though to believe Durant is better than Melo.
my main point was how a lot of these dudes in here were talkin like durant was miles ahead of melo and sayin that hes top 5 whereas melo isnt even arguable but yet they have similar stats and both have aspects of their game which they are better than the other...where KD is a lil better at shooting the 3 he has ZERO post game which melo is pretty good at...i dont know about passing because i rarely see either of them pass when they get the ball lol
 7 years ago '08        #126
big leo 415 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,474 | Props total: 9 9
 DurtySoufReppin said:
Top 5?

Lebron
Wade
Howard
Dirk
Cp3
Rose
Melo
>>>>> Durant
dayum no love for monta???????
 7 years ago '08        #127
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
 Maroon_Tiger said:
last week he was the most clutch statistically, now hes garbage?!?!

only on bx... where a team game becomes the blame for 1 player
these threads have to be jokes sometimes. cause as soon as a team loses, everyone throws that one player under the bus
 7 years ago '04        #128
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,011 | Props total: 226 226
Looks like Durant is just deflated now... he might be giving up!
 7 years ago '04        #129
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
lol@ kobe not getting into some fgaggots top 5...

this thread sucks, one team has to lose and tis durants
 7 years ago '08        #130
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
 Maroon_Tiger said:
this,

durrant needs to be able to break down defenses w/o having to rely on screens..

it really affected their playcalling where they had to waste alot of time getting him open... when someone like lebron/rose/dwade/kobe just need an iso and maybe a pick
he is too skinny.
 7 years ago '04        #131
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 HotepSuns said:
What progression has durant shown??
Durant has improved his defense and rebounding since he first entered the league... He started showing signs last year late in the season well into the playoffs where he showed for stretches he could cause Kobe problems on the defensive end...

This year he continued that and has became a well rounded defender who competes... His first year in the league Durant was only a perimeter person on offense and defense... Now he actually drives and attacks the glass from that 3 position... He came in the league as a shooter and has turned into a complete scorer in the league... He still has poor court vision and terrible shot selection... I dont see his court vision getting any better... Thats more like a talent... But his shot selection is the only thing that still has not improved much from his rookie season

I dont even know why i had to state this... You know damn well Melo has not improved any of his weaknesses since his rookie season... He is still lazy, he still does not play defense, he still attacks the boards as aggressively as he did his rookie season and he still struggles with his dribble and passing... He hasnt changed his game at all...

Save me the showing of stats cuz i am not debating Melo as being a great player... The numbers he puts up and things he does on the court are things only the great players in this league can do... My only argument is his work ethic... I knew he was a great player 8 years ago... I see the same player then that i do now... and im sure there may be some little things he may have improved... But not the important things... sh*t like coming into training camp out of shape and overweight in your 7th year in the league are unacceptable... That tells you right there he isnt doing sh*t in the offseason... He is just blessed with great talent but does nothing to enhance his talent... The fact that he was the best in his 03 class in the NBA but now considered at most 3rd in that class shows you that he is either digressing or the others are just progressing way better than him

Last edited by dre03; 05-24-2011 at 11:07 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #132
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,517 | Props total: 6451 6451
He's young, he'll get better.
 7 years ago '08        #133
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,487 | Props total: 579 579
The only thing I really see Durant doing wrong is he doesn't command the ball and make the referees give him calls like everyone else. He'll often settle for some bullsh*t shots.

With that said I didn't realize he was that young and with the way he plays he'll develop that part of his game. OKC is going to be good for a long time.

The thing about Boxden is people WAIT for n*ggas, who other people say are better than their favorite players, to have bad games so they can make a thread and get some attention. That team is so much different without Harden as an option and his foul out is a HUGE reason for that disappearing act in the fourth.
 7 years ago '04        #134
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 soso24 said:
The guy is 22 years old... Give him a break....
well when u have people prematurely callin him the best in the league before he had even got out the first round is kinda ridiculous
 05-24-2011, 02:15 PM         #135
MiKorleonE224  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The first thing that always gets lost in these arguments is that people lose sight of individual talent in favor of team accomplishments.

"He doesn't have any rings..."
"He hasn't been out of (fill in the blank) round of the playoffs..."
"His teams have only won____ games..."

Although the player might be a part of the big picture, he isn't the whole. For you dumb mothafu*kas : You can't give credit or blame a single player for what a team accomplishes or doesn't accomplish. Judge players on their games and then rank em accordingly.

Next thing that throws off arguments is when dudes use the results of popularity contests (all star appearances, mvp's & all nba teams) to determine who is better. sh*t is just weak.

Durant has a 2 guard's game with the height of a 4. He reminds me a lot of a young Dirk except with a better handle. Once he gets stronger and learns how to play with his back to the basket, he'll be pretty much unstoppable. He's not there yet though because he still plays like a guard. All this Top 5 talk is pure nonsense because he simply cannot get any shot he wants, when he wants it right now like the best in the league can. Yea he gets to the line, but he gets there on jumpshots, not attacking the rim.

Top 5 is reserved for guys that you can't defend 1-on-1 and can get their shot no matter what you do. You just have to pray they miss. In no order:

Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Dirk
Melo

Advanced stat guys won't agree but these you can't stop any of these guys with single coverage right now. Durant is on that level at this point in his career but he can get there
 7 years ago '07        #136
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4207 4207
 2 Pistolz said:
And this is his first post.... dude registered just to sh*t on Durant
thats some sh*t an alias would do.
 05-24-2011, 03:07 PM         #137
Braz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DurtySoufReppin said:
Top 5?

Lebron
Wade
Howard
Dirk
Cp3
Rose
Melo
>>>>> Durant
No Kobe?

05-24-2011, 03:13 PM         #138
Slickems  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe he should have stayed in school and got some maturity
 7 years ago '05        #139
R0R0 22 heat pts22
space
space
$5,803 | Props total: 11 11
I agreee durant all he seems to do in the playoffs is shoot 30 ft threes dat are horrible shots flashback to last nite dallas was running an offense the thunder were doing what giving it to durant n he was shooting threes why not drive?
 7 years ago '10        #140
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
All im hearing is Durant needs 2 get better at this n that..dude lead the league in scoring twice

yah expect him 2 be MJ or sum shyt?

how many times Melo got out the 1st round in his 8 year career? talk about that

i think they both are even.Great SCORING small forwards
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
122 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy