May 23 - New York City outdoor smoking ban begins

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
79 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
135 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-24-2011, 07:18 PM         #61
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Brainwave said:
Your probably doing something right now besides smoking thats k!lling you so whats the difference.
.....................you know this how? The difference is that if am actually k!lling myself, I'm not affecting others. If I want to k!ll myself, it is because of my choosing to, not by other people who don't care about others.
 7 years ago '09        #62
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,116 | Props total: 1655 1655
thank god like 85 percent ppl in new york smoke
 7 years ago '09        #63
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
 JerseyLegend said:
.....................you know this how? The difference is that if am actually k!lling myself, I'm not affecting others. If I want to k!ll myself, it is because of my choosing to, not by other people who don't care about others.
So many things in this world are way worse like exhaust from cars, planes, trains ect. Plus if you have to breath in my smoke than your to damn close.
 05-24-2011, 08:40 PM         #64
CHOPPAS ON DECK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jbudz420 said:
your entire post is made invalid by being an anti semite....btw im not jewish but thats not how you make a point in a conversation
hitler > bloomberg

what elected politician u know runs three terms? THREE

thats sounds like a dictatorship to me

jews been running and extorting NYC for decades already i reserve the right to be anti semite if i want fu*kn*gga
 05-24-2011, 09:03 PM         #65
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at the idiots that think this is wonderful & that the this was done because they're concerned for your health...

been warnin' ppl this sh*t was coming for years...this is nothing they're just getting warmed up...
 05-24-2011, 09:09 PM         #66
handsumone1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nitetrain8601 said:
Good. Chicago adopted this awhile ago. I could actually breathe outside
cats in the "county" (cook county jail) been buggin up ever sense they took the "squares" away
 7 years ago '05        #67
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
this sucks
 05-24-2011, 09:27 PM         #68
ozone559 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats why new yorks a sucka a.ss state!
 05-24-2011, 09:30 PM         #69
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Brainwave said:
So many things in this world are way worse like exhaust from cars, planes, trains ect. Plus if you have to breath in my smoke than your to damn close.
You don't think I've BEEN wanting the US to move to alternative fuel? Ain't sh*t gonna change as long as money is being made off oil.

Most trains are electric. Planes are too high up. Cars produce a lot of exhaust, but many, if not all car manufactures try to reduce exhaust emissions.

Go and find me an article where car exhaust caused cancer, emphysema etc.

You can smell a cigarette down the block. Come on man, stop trying to justify your habit
 7 years ago '04        #70
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
 nitetrain8601 said:
Good. Chicago adopted this awhile ago. I could actually breathe outside
i hope you fukin choke on some food or something, sh*t is obnoxious, theres actually no real proof that secondhand smoke causes anything

fukin lawmakers are insane not lettin people smoke outside like yall pricks own the earth, and i also thought that smoke rises so how fukin tall are these people in ny?? im not in ny, but if i was i would find something that smells way worse then cigarettes 2 p!ss off all u people that support this, is this really a "free country"???????? i mean come the fu*k on this is fukin pathetic
 7 years ago '04        #71
downtown33 
space
space
 JerseyLegend said:
You don't think I've BEEN wanting the US to move to alternative fuel? Ain't sh*t gonna change as long as money is being made off oil.

Most trains are electric. Planes are too high up. Cars produce a lot of exhaust, but many, if not all car manufactures try to reduce exhaust emissions.

Go and find me an article where car exhaust caused cancer, emphysema etc.

You can smell a cigarette down the block. Come on man, stop trying to justify your habit
really so because they try 2 reduce emissions its ok? good logic, u cant smell a cigarette from down the block, and the seconhand smoke causing cancer is bullsh*t, just like the propaganda used 2 make marijuana illegal (the smoke that f!ghts cancer)

and in the words of the great Bill Maher " laws should not be made from your personal tastes" thats your opinion and it shouldnt be used to govern society, seriously u should go 2 a country with a fukin dictator if you support this law and go fu*k yourself
 05-24-2011, 09:51 PM         #72
GrimeyGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well gotta give it to the people that don't smoke.. Me, myself. I smoke. But I see it as a good thing. I don't like other people's smoke or even my smoke in my face. Yes I know, I smoke. but really this is good. People need to have some respect for people don't smoke even if you do smoke. Just saying.

7 years ago '09        #73
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1115 1115
I love this . fu*king can't stand people who smoke. That's a deal breaker for any female I'm interested in, almost as bad as having a kid. That sh*t needs to be implemented in Kentucky ASAP. Jail inmates can't even smoke now down here in KY .

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #74
lilguru84 
space
space
$983 | Props total: 107 107
 Exs said:
Big win for people who want to live longer
:shrug :
 7 years ago '10        #75
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 101 101
YO WHAT THE fu*k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait a minute, i quit last week

havent had a cig in like 8 days or more, im done, no urges and i feel great. put them cigs down people its pointless! too bad it took me so long to get off them
 7 years ago '05        #76
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 Blood Edge said:
that study is flawed...it's based off tobacco smoke alone....not the real k!llers in cigs

[pic - click to view]

You didn't read the rest

The EPA also classified second hand smoke as a carcinogen based on chemical “similarities” between inhaled mainstream smoke and environmental tobacco smoke. Their logic was that since inhaled tobacco smoke is a carcinogen, environmental tobacco smoke must also be. Inhaled mainstream smoke, however, contains chemicals at concentrations of up to one million times those found in environmental tobacco smoke (which is a combination of exhaled mainstream smoke and sidestream smoke)...

At the behest of Congressman Henry Waxman (D-Ca), the Congressional Research Service (CRS) spent two years examining reports and came up with the following conclusions regarding second hand smoke and lung cancer (Redhead and Rowberg, 1995):

(a) The statistical evidence does not appear to support a conclusion that there are substantial health effects of passive smoking.
(b) It is possible that very few or even no deaths can be attributed to second hand smoke.
(c) If there are any lung cancer deaths from second hand smoke, they are likely to be concentrated among those subjected to the highest exposure levels (e.g., spouses).
(d) The absolute risk, even to those with the greatest exposure levels, is uncertain.
Like many public scares, most legislation is passed on flawed, incorrect and biased information. Marijuana was made illegal based around racist propoganda, ie: refer madnass/makes black men r*pe white women. Opium, was made illegal to close on opium smoking dens of the Chinese, Cocaine was once a medical marvel, until its real first outbreak of middle class white women, was not made illegal until minorities touched it.

I'm not defending the right to smoke, the problem with this issue, is like many others, legislation is being passed on a public scare, and incorrect information. If there was solid evidence, this would not be an issue to f!ght for. Even more, this gets pushed to a political agenda, when you look at the history of substance prohibition, and even more, other legal dangers ie: alcohol.

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 05-24-2011 at 10:20 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #77
elawhor 
space
space
$727 | Props total: 49 49
 BrownBag said:
= more money for the city, where they doing this all. thats all they want is the money from the tickets. aint sh*t about keeping a place "healthy"
^^exactly its about money mostly not your health
 7 years ago '04        #78
downtown33 
space
space
and for all u nonsmokers, have fun with testicular, colon, brain, titty, liver, mouth, pancreas, and spleen cancer
 7 years ago '04        #79
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 681 681
at least this one isnt racist
 05-24-2011, 11:26 PM         #80
jbudz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
2nd hand smoke does k!ll as well. Obviously not to the extent of smoking it yourself.

I have boys who lived with both parents/guardians that both smoke and it was almost as good as them smoking themselves.

Compare that to people who live in NYC everyday and its more than a "nuisance"; its a health issue
again i ask for research proving second hand smoke is some GRAND social ill..i get that people may not like it but ive been to ny and your more likely to die from a sh*tty driver then second hand smoke..again i will re-state just because you dont like something doesnt mean it should be outlawed.this is a simple ideal that makes alot of sense from public smoking bans all the way to abortion.not drawing a direct correlation but your brightand you get my point...if this is truely a matter of public health and not just because some people feel an action is so offensive you shouldnt be allowed to do it around them,why arent bartenders and bowling alley attendants dropping like flies from this plague of second hand smoke.dont know that we may ever agree on it but it feels like a state telling people what they can and cannot do on the sidewalks thier taxes pay for without any real evidence its harming anyone more then the air around them already is....and might i add this is the same state that said air was fine after 9/11 and we all know what a crock of sh*t that turned out to be
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
152 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy