Cavs told no on Rudy Gay trade (Offered No. 4 Pick For Rudy Gay)

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #1
6151 pageviews
81 comments

monkeysnthings 78 heat pts78
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 76 76
Cavs told no on Rudy Gay trade (Offered No. 4 Pick For Rudy Gay)

[pic - click to view]

2011 NBA Draft: Cavaliers Offer No. 4 Pick For Rudy Gay, According To Report

by Evan Dunlap

[pic - click to view]

http://cleveland.sbnation .. phis-grizzlies

The Cleveland Cavaliers have the incredible fortune of owning the first and fourth overall selections in the 2011 NBA Draft, but a new report indicates they are open to moving at least one of them in order to upgrade their roster with a veteran contributor. Indeed, the Cavaliers offered the fourth pick to the Memphis Grizzlies for high-scoring small forward Rudy Gay, using the trade exception they received from the Miami Heat in the LeBron James sign-and-trade deal to absorb Gay’s salary, according to Jonathan Givony of DraftExpress. Memphis said no.

Gay, a five-year veteran, has shown remarkable consistency in his career, averaging between 18.9 and 20.1 points per game, and shooting between 45.3 percent and 47.1 percent, over the last four seasons. Though an injury limited him to just 54 games in 2010-11, Gay set new career-bests in rebounding, a.ssists, steals, blocks, three-point percentage, and free-throw percentage as he worked himself into being a more well-rounded contributor. It’s not difficult to see why the Cavaliers, or any team, would like to add him.

And though it seems Memphis might be silly to let Gay go, it’s important to remember context: even without Gay, the Grizzlies won their first-ever playoff series this season before falling in the second round. A small-market club, they owe point guard Mike Conley and Zach Randolph an estimated $111 million over the next five seasons. Starting center Marc Gasol will enter restricted free agency this summer and will require another long-term financial commitment. Perhaps the Grizzlies’ playoff success without Gay, who has $69 million over five seasons remaining on his contract, could convince them to part with their longest-tenured player.

Or maybe not. We aren’t privy to Memphis’ thought process here. But from the outside, the deal Cleveland reportedly proposed isn’t terribly one-sided.

81 comments for "Cavs told no on Rudy Gay trade (Offered No. 4 Pick For Rudy Gay)"

05-23-2011, 03:05 PM         #2
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Verajae, 1st and 4th and we can talk
 7 years ago '10        #3
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,768 | Props total: 7342 7342
The fu*k were they even thinking lol
 7 years ago '05        #4
PussyFiend 
space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
Don't nobody care about this weak a.ss draft

7 years ago '05        #5
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 4275 4275
It was worth a try for cleveland, cant say i blame them. Rudy and maybe Irving woulda been nice starter blocks for building a nice core. They should try and throw somthing out for O.J. instead. He might be a bit more attainable.

This also shows that memphis may be serious about keeping their core together
 7 years ago '10        #6
JudasHatesJesus 146 heat pts146
space
space
$6,989 | Props total: 3781 3781

looks like gay might be on the table after all. why would teams show interest if he wasnt. i mean even though Memphis turned it down doesnt mean they arent willing to shop him with all those big contracts.
 7 years ago '09        #7
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
I bet they could have gotten him for the 1st and 4th or the 4th, Sessions and Varejeo. Maybe even could have sent Boobie instead of Sessions.

Or maybe could ave even used Jamison's expiring with the 4th and another player.
 05-23-2011, 03:36 PM         #8
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JShuttles20 said:

looks like gay might be on the table after all. why would teams show interest if he wasnt. i mean even though Memphis turned it down doesnt mean they arent willing to shop him with all those big contracts.
Because they think hes on the table. Grizz owner has already shut it down though. just speculation

7 years ago '06        #9
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
I like Rudy as a player but I'm glad it was rejected - I think the system that is run in Memphis is better suited for him. We do need a shooting guard, but I'd rather try my luck in free agency. I can't knock them though - were trying to get things together before the CBA talks start
 7 years ago '06        #10
ClevelandRay 
space
space
$2,395 | Props total: 3 3
 pus*yFiend said:
Don't nobody care about this weak a.ss draft

That's what the Clippers said before they gave up the #1 pick.
 7 years ago '06        #11
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8659 8659
i would pull the trigger on rudy gay for varejo and that 4th pick.

they might as well stack up down low because thats their game.
 7 years ago '05        #12
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
Cant knock the Cavs for trying but the Grizz made the right decision. This draft isnt that good where u can replace Rudy with the 4th pick.

Also, Im glad the hometown hero Rudy Gay isnt going to the Cavs.
 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM         #13
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rudy would you like to go to Cleveland?
 7 years ago '06        #14
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
that sh*t is a rumor

i'd be pissed if they even thought about this
 7 years ago '10        #15
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,180 | Props total: 8250 8250
Not a bad move

Memphis played really well w/o Gay but then again its always one team that goes crazy in the postseason one year and then fade into oblivion the next
 7 years ago '11        #16
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
they wanted to give the Grizz some bullsh*t for an all star talent

but this an indicator that they gonna get Irving

Last edited by Joseph; 05-23-2011 at 03:57 PM..
 7 years ago '09        #17
2nd2none 
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 1123 1123
lol i'm surprised the owner of the grizz didn't just hang up the phone

gilbert is tryin to clown with that trade
 7 years ago '06        #18
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
I've asked around and everyone that I've talked too hasn't heard anything about DX rumor

DraftExpress is good for interviews of college talent and stuff. But i doubt he has much inside to NBA front offices

Why would the Cavs offer the 4th pick when they could get Kanter @ 4....Or even move up to get Derrick Williams , If the Wolves really want to trade their pick
 7 years ago '08        #19
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
 Nautilus O said:
Not a bad move

Memphis played really well w/o Gay but then again its always one team that goes crazy in the postseason one year and then fade into oblivion the next

we are top 5 in west next season......k!ll yourself please
 7 years ago '10        #20
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,355 | Props total: 587 587
 Nautilus O said:
Not a bad move

This is true, but they play so well, tenacious defense patient offense it's hard to see them losing a lot next year especially w/ gay. they play like the old spurs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy