Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '11        #1
6122 pageviews
102 comments

SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,249 | Props total: 1277 1277
May 23 - Are Children Getting Weaker?

[pic - click to view]

Children are getting weaker as they spend more time indoors on the computer rather than outside according to a recently published study in Acta Paediatrica. 10-year-olds may be adept at moving their fingers over keyboards and using their thumbs to text, but they are not able to do push-ups and hang from bars in gym class as they used to, says one of the study's authors, Gavin Sandercock, a children's fitness expert of Ess3x University. However, the children in the study had the same body mass index (BMI) as those a decade earlier; this suggests that, in view of their strength declining, their bodies are likely to contain more fat than muscle.

These are depressing findings, but they do seem to be corroborated by the realities of modern life, of children not able to play outside because of fears of safety, injury and -- should a child be hurt falling out of some homeowner's tree or on their driveway -- lawsuits. Also, children in some urban settings can't go outside to play as it's simply too dangerous. Accordingly, the computer, the Wii, the TV and the like have quite replaced playgrounds for many.

The Guardian describes more of the researchers' findings in studying a group of 315 10-year-olds in 2008 and 309 children the same age in 1998; both groups of children were from Ess3x:

-the number of sit-ups 10-year-olds could do declined by 27.1% between 1998 and 2008

-the children's arm strength fell by 26% and grip strength by 7%

-while one in 20 children in 1998 could not hold their own weight when hanging from wall bars, one in 10 could not do so in 2008

Commenting on these findings, Dr. Sandercock says:

"This is probably due to changes in activity patterns among English 10-year-olds, such as taking part in fewer activities like rope-climbing in PE and tree-climbing for fun. Typically, these activities boosted children's strength, making them able to lift and hold their own bodyweight.

The fact that 10% could not do the wall bars test and another 10% refused to try was "really shocking. That probably shows that climbing and holding their own weight was something they hadn't done before."

There's no substitute for good old-fashioned physical activity in raising healthy children. My teenage son Charlie loves his iPad. But he also love to be outdoors riding his bike for miles, walking -- and running -- down the street, and swimming in ocean waves. My husband and I have made some extra efforts to keep Charlie active as he's on the moderate to severe end of the autism spectrum. Daily physical activity has gone a long way in helping to improve his behavior issues. Plus, who wouldn't feel a sense of self-confidence after biking (as Charlie did today) 17 miles in our neighborhood?

Care2 blogger Judy Molland writes regularly about keeping kids active in the great outdoors. Rather than throw up our hands in surrender that we're raising a generation of weak kids, let's all go out in the great outdoors and walk, run, bike, swim and breathe in the good fresh air, maybe even from the top of a free -- or a mountain we've hiked up all the way to the top.
Source:
[pic - click to view]

Are Our Children Getting Weaker?

102 comments for "May 23 - Are Children Getting Weaker?"

7 years ago '08        #2
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,480 | Props total: 1271 1271
Yeah we better start forcing them little n*ggas outside if only to ensure the future NFL and NBA stays up to quality.
 7 years ago '04        #3
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,974 | Props total: 3471 3471
They are getting weaker,dumber and gayer literally.
 7 years ago '06        #4
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 86 86
i believe it
 05-23-2011, 02:15 AM         #5
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ddash said:
I have to agree with you. I don't know many kids since I spend my days working out, smoking and chilling but the ones I do know are just out of it. and only one of them seems like he could fit in the 80's or 90's. These kids today are just growing up in a bad era.
 7 years ago '04        #6
Bossalinie 
space
space
$4,756 | Props total: 41 41
good

robbing these kids with these cellphones and banks rolls is easier than ever

THUMBS UP XBOX LIVE
 05-23-2011, 03:48 AM         #7
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats scary is these dumbass motherfu*kers are gonna be raising their own kids soon
 7 years ago '05        #8
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,347 | Props total: 347 347
cuz kids sit on BX and talk sh*t all day. man back then i was out there playing outside and sh*t. kids now a days don't even know what kickball is.
:disdain2:

back in elementary school, I was listening to Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise...

kids now a days listen to Justin Bieber

05-23-2011, 05:43 AM         #9
mdoggslim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the gay/weak/dumb generation is a product of 20 years of rapid technological advancement. Imagine the male gender in America 100 years from now.....

[pusha t]yuuucccch[/pusha t]
 05-23-2011, 05:44 AM         #10
mdoggslim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not to mention dudes can't sprout a chest hair, let alone a beard nowdays... (nh)
 7 years ago '04        #11
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
Right...This is what all those 80's "don't let my child play kickball" parents get....lol
 7 years ago '05        #12
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
I seen a kid in the barber shop with a HTC 4G...wtf for ?? I still got an Instinct...
 05-23-2011, 09:08 AM         #13
Clipsburgh 412 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'mma laugh in my kids face and kick his a.ss out the door if he thinks I'm just gonna let him sit inside all day. Going outside and playing is the only realy way to grow up, not sitting inside playing video games.

sh*t n*gga I remember when I was in like 2nd grade or some sh*t I was a fu*king beast at doing them pull ups and pushup tests.
 7 years ago '06        #14
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6777 6777
 ddash said:
word
 05-23-2011, 09:47 AM         #15
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
exactly what i was about to say...

The movie "Idiocracy" pretty much shows the reason for this lol
"I got my law degree at costco"

but yeah, this is a shame, technology for the takeover.

What's funny is I'm on XBL a lot but whenever I'm not I'm at the gym pumping iron. Gotta stay fit and ready.
 7 years ago '04        #16
TheProtege9020 54 heat pts54
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 872 872
 SyDuck said:
cuz kids sit on BX and talk sh*t all day. man back then i was out there playing outside and sh*t. kids now a days don't even know what kickball is.
:disdain2:

back in elementary school, I was listening to Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise...

kids now a days listen to Justin Bieber

but its true. People weren't such pussies back then.
 7 years ago '07        #17
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Yea growing up I was active damn near all day even though I had a ton of video games. Kids are beyond lazy now.
 7 years ago '08        #18
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,097 | Props total: 2718 2718
sh*t, when I was growing up, I HATED being stuck indoors. I'd rather take a whoopin' and still be able to go outside and play than to not get a whoopin and be put on punishment indoors on a sunny a.ss day and not be able to go play with friends. A sissy society these days
 7 years ago '08        #19
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,009 | Props total: 19910 19910
what happened to playing catch with ya kid and playing ball n bringing them to the jungle gym... when i have my kid he/she will be both outdoorsy and indoorsy
 7 years ago '05        #20
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
all the way up until i graduated high school i was on the basketball courts from the second I finished my homework until the street lights came on so in the spring and summer that was like 6-7 hours non stop hoopin
conditioning for basketball was nothing to us! now a days these kids literaly need it
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
129 comments
2 days ago