May 21 - Rapture predictor Robert Fitzpatrick: "I don't know what happened. I don't understand"

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
15228 pageviews
155 comments

MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 8734 8734
May 21 - Rapture predictor Robert Fitzpatrick: "I don't know what happened. I don't understand"

[pic - click to view]

Despite preparations, believers of apocalypse shocked when doomsday time passes without incident

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.nydailynews.co .. #ixzz1N2My5Yeu

The sky turned dark Saturday afternoon, but it was not a sign of the world's impending doom - just a passing rain.

Welcome to the No-pacalypse - a disappointing finish to what doomsday believer Robert Fitzpatrick thought would be the End of Days.

"I don't understand why nothing has happened," a deflated Fitzpatrick said in Times Square a few minutes after 6 p.m. "I did what I had to do. I did what the Bible said."

"I obviously haven't understood it properly because we're still here," added Fitzpatrick, 60, surrounded by a phalanx of reporters and skeptical onlookers.

The retired MTA worker from Staten Island bought $140,000 worth of advertising, proclaiming that the end was near. He and followers of California televangelist Harold Camping thought a global earthquake would strike the East Coast just before 6 p.m.

It didn't, but Fitzpatrick spent the day as if it was his last.

"This is it, May 21, the day of Rapture" he told the Daily News first thing in the morning.

For breakfast, he had coffee, toast and Ezekiel 4:9 brand Golden Flax cereal.

"The spiritual significance of these grains, I am not sure," said Fitzgerald.

He felt no need to do the dishes, but did take a moment to feed peanuts to two squirrels that hang out at his back door.

"Only people can be saved - there will be no animals in heaven," he said. "I sure hope I am one of those that God will be picking."

Asked how he would feel if the world didn't end at 6 p.m., a confident Fitzgerald said: "I wouldn't consider it because there's so much biblical evidence."

"It's locked in," he said. "Buildings will be collapsing; the graves of the unsaved dead will be ripped open. The dead will be all around."

Fitzgerald spent several hours at home responding to emails and making calls. Then it was time for his final lunch of chicken tenders and spinach served with lemon and a bit of bread and butter.

"I expect this to be my last meal," he said.

Next, Fitzpatrick drove to the nursing home that cares for his 94-year-old mother, who suffers from dementia. As parting gifts he brought grapes, a granola bar, juice, chocolates and a bottle of water.

"I read a passage - Luke 23," he said of his 30-minute visit. "It's an example of a thief on the cross and Jesus saving people up to the last minute."

Fitzpatrick planned to do the same. He kissed his mother goodbye and jumped on the 4:30 p.m. ferry to Manhattan, where he planned to warn people of the Rapture until the bitter end.

Few were surprised when the end didn't come.

"The Bible says no one knows the day or time of Christ's return," said Brian James, 24, a born-again Christian missionary with a group called Prayer Changes Things.

"A real religion should try to help people, not scare them," added Michael Rodriguez, 24, a student from the Bronx.
Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Despite preparations, believers of apocalypse shocked when doomsday time passes without incident

Last edited by MGz; 05-21-2011 at 07:38 PM..

155 comments for "May 21 - Rapture predictor Robert Fitzpatrick: "I don't know what happened. I don't understand""

05-21-2011, 07:40 PM         #2
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
........................ .....................
 05-21-2011, 07:45 PM         #3
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There was some hispanic people yelling at people about the rapture at the verizon center metro stop today. I yelled my jesus wasn't spanish at them.
 7 years ago '04        #4
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
Really? You don't know what happened? Are you that fu*king dense? Sure hope you had more in your savings after wasting $140,000 for this

"the graves of the unsaved dead will be ripped open. The dead will be all around." Zombies!
 05-21-2011, 07:52 PM         #5
Pat McGroin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, cause you are a fu*king idiot...

of course nothing happend because there is no god, fu*king retards.
 7 years ago '06        #6
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,024 | Props total: 10688 10688
Lol dont know what happened?

The bible clearly states no man will know the time not even jesus
 7 years ago '09        #7
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,703 | Props total: 13277 13277
we all knew it wasnt going to happen. waste of money for this dumbass
 7 years ago '10        #8
804lyfe 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,155 | Props total: 0 0
 7 years ago '04        #9
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I don't understand why he actually believed this despite what the Bible says about predictions. I feel bad for dude.
 7 years ago '04        #10
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #11
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
Sam and Dean saved the day
 05-21-2011, 08:05 PM         #12
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nobody believed this to begin with, so I think it's lame that it's gotten so much attention.

Everybody's pokin fun at it like it has some sort of mass following. It's really only a few crazies that are into this sh*t.

And all the people bashing religion and proclaiming there is no God because of this are almost as ignorant as this idiot. This has nothing to do with God or The Bible.
 7 years ago '06        #13
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,369 | Props total: 1283 1283
If no man knows the date/time and of the billions of people in the world there is at least one to say this is the day every single day then the rapture can never come because someone would have technically known.:cool-smiley-009: ..... PS I'm not high I just think a lot.

Last edited by psq86; 05-21-2011 at 08:09 PM..
 05-21-2011, 08:13 PM         #14
illmatix 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psq86 said:
If no man knows the date/time and of the billions of people in the world there is at least one to say this is the day every single day then the rapture can never come because someone would have technically known.:cool-smiley-009: ..... PS I'm not high I just think a lot.
Not really. There's no reason to specify a specific date that it would FOR SURE happen. So although someone might THINK they know, they don't actually KNOW.

This dude didn't KNOW it was happening today, he THOUGHT it was
 7 years ago '07        #15
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by JohnDoe; 05-21-2011 at 08:26 PM..
 05-21-2011, 08:16 PM         #16
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
Lol dont know what happened?

The bible clearly states no man will know the time not even jesus
This. Even God is laughing at this d!ck head.
 7 years ago '06        #17
d4deesnuts 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,427 | Props total: 3137 3137
 Pat McGroin said:
yeah, cause you are a fu*king idiot...

of course nothing happend because there is no god, fu*king retards.
fu*k u bi*ch, god didn't even have anything to do with this, just these dumbasses believed one radio disc jockey who convinced their gullible a.ss of this retardedness.
 05-21-2011, 08:19 PM         #18
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jlandryst said:
Props. I didn't even know they made a vid.
 7 years ago '08        #19
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,740 | Props total: 11628 11628

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #20
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Blood Edge said:
I wish I knew some "true believers"

all their possessions would be mine or on sale to someone else....I heard about those people in NJ that gave away the deeds to their houses because they thought they wouldn't be here
wow. Not even just in case? That's just foolish.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
114 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy