"X-Men: First Class" - FIRST REACTIONS

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
104 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #141
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 proof1984 said:
I grew up on the x-men so this sh*t really fu*king upsets me man
At this point it seems like they're trying to keep up with the movies. I only fu*ked with TMNT Graphic novels as a kid so I don't know anything about the lore so for me it was entertaining.
 7 years ago '04        #142
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Reppindaburghh said:
That literally makes 0 sense. Most people didn't read the comics, therefore don't care about the comics, and watch the movies as their own thing, hearing the stories for the first time.
Fam, my brother is a comic book junkie and loved this sh*t. Even my boys that I went with all said that this sh*t was inaccurate as fu*k, but we all still dug this movie. Some people just take the sh*t too seriously. It's entertainment.
 06-05-2011, 12:46 AM         #143
~: AkaDemiK :~ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THIS SH*T WAS F*CKIN AMAZING!!!!

Jennifer Lawrence, i love you ma. Mystique's character was well done, one of my favorites in the movie and the younger version was probably the cutest thing i ever seen.

Magneto and Prof. X were perfect, they have to continue this series to fully explore their relationship and how it manifested into a battle of Good vs. Evil.

I loved everything about this movie, especially the subtle touches like storm in the cerebro moment, cyclops (kid with glasses on with baseball bat). Wolverine had me and the whole theater crying. I wonder who else caught on to the older mystique in that bed room scene, i like how they brought back rebecca romijn for that.

Movie had so many epic moments and parts that made you feel like a fu*kin kid again, but it was never corny.

The soundtrack was also amazing.

5/5
 7 years ago '07        #144
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Epic fu*king movie. Music was on point. Watch this sh*t bi*chface!
 06-05-2011, 02:24 AM         #145
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The lines they say at certain points are extremely cheesy at times. Solid movie though. The whole thing with
[spoiler - click to view]

left me like

At times it felt like it was extremely rushed. Which is good and bad. It gave you what you wanted, no filler. But in that it also couldn't build on some characters.

I knew Michael Fassbender would do good but damn. His Magneto is up there with Heath's Joker when it comes to superhero characters. Not in terms of being a better villain but just an actor owning the role completely.

Kevin Bacon was great as Shaw.

Great movie but some cheesiness made me dislike it early on. I feel I'll enjoy it more once an unedited/deleted scenes version is released on DVD.

7-8/10

And where was young storm?
 06-05-2011, 03:01 AM         #146
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look at every movie based on some sort of book, they're all not completely translated into the film. thats just how it is. i didnt read the comics too much so i wouldnt know one thing from the other but it was a good movie. i didnt see any of the other movies either.

some cheesy lines here and there but overall i enjoyed it.
 7 years ago '05        #147
murdmon 4 heat pts
space
space
$800 | Props total: 2 2
Came into the movie not expecting a whole lot but received a whole lot. Kevin Bacon k!lled his role. Magneto and Prof. X was excellent. They need to start from this movie and build and lets forget about all previous X-men films.
 7 years ago '04        #148
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
just got back from seeing it..

movie was very well made...

everything was on point
:applause:
 06-05-2011, 04:00 AM         #149
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dope flick - could've done without the flying chick. She was and the way they introduced themselves to her had too much swag, but there wasn't really any menace about her.

The Beast transformation scene was illy.
 06-05-2011, 08:31 AM         #150
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good movie but why did they have to k!ll the black guy first? Is it like a hollywood must do to k!ll the black guy?
 06-05-2011, 08:33 AM         #151
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
Good movie but why did they have to k!ll the black guy first? Is it like a hollywood must do to k!ll the black guy?
Usually they keep them alive because of people like you.
 06-05-2011, 08:56 AM         #152
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
Usually they keep them alive because of people like you.
Im just saying. Theres one black person in the movie. What are the odds that he would die first? I just when i saw it. You better not call it a coincidence.

Last edited by Tempus # 1; 06-05-2011 at 09:05 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #153
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,234 | Props total: 3031 3031
 Tempus # 1 said:
I went in expecting it because he wasnt shown in costume in alot of the promo shots and hes missing from all the other large cast photos too. Honestly the cast was bloated and somebody had to go

only problem I had with the movie was that some characters had very little to do, and seemed kinda tacked on(Angel and Havok). and

Last edited by BrBHZ; 06-05-2011 at 09:21 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #154
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,657 | Props total: 669 669
 Blood Edge said:
I'll say it again...if you want a comic story...go read the comic

no superhero movie has been directly faithful to the comics they're based on...not X-2...not Dark Night.....not Thor.....not Spawn...not Blade....not Superman...not 300

why? because they're not the same entertainment medium.

and who said they had to stick with the comic's story? find where they said they would do that...not to mention movie goers don't give a fu*k about comics...they barely sell to those that still read them....why would the public care?

you're really gonna be pissed when Avengers comes out because the writer behind that also wrote the best X-Men sagas and said himself that comics and movies should not have the same story
I understand what you're saying, but there are some aspects I don't agree with. I'm not gonna hate and be like "oh in the comics they took 5 steps to the left why are they going to the right?" or no bullsh*t like that, but the stories that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby or Stan Lee and Steve Ditko created had subtle references to real life and religion that were supposed to inspire people to live better just like any religious book does.

When some of these directors butcher up the movies a lot of times the whole point of the book being created is lost because they didn't respect the medium in the first place.

Yeah a movie like Dark Knight isn't true to the books panel for panel , but it was true to the books in it's overall feel which is why that movie sh*ts on basically every superhero movie that has come out. I haven't seen this movie so I'm not going to say it's a bad movie, but a lot of these flops would have been a lot better if they just stuck to the stories that made them popular in the first place.
 7 years ago '08        #155
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
Movie was dope as phuck
 7 years ago '04        #156
subway series 69 heat pts69
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 1428 1428
no one is saying stay exactly to the comics thats what u idiots are missing the basics have been messed up

you dont see me complaining about the whole usa/russia thing im saying get the basics of how x/magneto came to meet its a dope story

get the basics of how he got paralysed

adding random characters and leaving out important characters is a simple a stupid flaw

theres no way it could be like the comic completely

its like leaving memphis bleek out of the jay z story

or jesus having 10 disciples in the movie

or moses parting the atlantic ocean instead of the red sea
 7 years ago '04        #157
subway series 69 heat pts69
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 1428 1428
sebastion shaw
Warren Worthington (archangels pops)
Howard Stark (iron mans pops)
norman osborn (original green goblin)
 7 years ago '07        #158
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,789 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Gattsau said:
movie was ok.

7/10

so predictable and followed the same blueprint as all marvel movies. Will they ever step up and make some changes like dc has?

to many throwawy charcters, noone but got shine outside of magneto/x. both of them were great but every1 else was wack. bacon was good but wow they really made shaw alot stronger than hes supposed to be.
DC is going to be very different in the future now that the comics are being rebooted.
 7 years ago '07        #159
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Gattsau said:
I just wish the movie was darker with some twists I hate the bubble sh*t.
It was the darkest X-Men movie to date. The

were pretty dark.
 7 years ago '07        #160
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Neohuey89 said:
I understand what you're saying, but there are some aspects I don't agree with. I'm not gonna hate and be like "oh in the comics they took 5 steps to the left why are they going to the right?" or no bullsh*t like that, but the stories that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby or Stan Lee and Steve Ditko created had subtle references to real life and religion that were supposed to inspire people to live better just like any religious book does.

When some of these directors butcher up the movies a lot of times the whole point of the book being created is lost because they didn't respect the medium in the first place.

Yeah a movie like Dark Knight isn't true to the books panel for panel , but it was true to the books in it's overall feel which is why that movie sh*ts on basically every superhero movie that has come out. I haven't seen this movie so I'm not going to say it's a bad movie, but a lot of these flops would have been a lot better if they just stuck to the stories that made them popular in the first place.
No

[pic - click to view]

and the memorable performance by heath and direction will be the MAIN reason why TDK will probably remain to be the best comic book adaptation. Not all comic book adaptations have the luxury of a good director like Nolan.

Last edited by TH35; 06-05-2011 at 12:53 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
29 comments
2 days ago