"X-Men: First Class" - FIRST REACTIONS

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-04-2011, 02:30 PM         #121
proof1984 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StraightUp99 said:
Because banshee is one of the original X-men right up there with iceman, scott, Beast and Jean Grey.
ok where the rest at?
 06-04-2011, 02:31 PM         #122
proof1984 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
x men movies are a joke...they dont respect that sh*t
 06-04-2011, 02:33 PM         #123
proof1984 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I grew up on the x-men so this sh*t really fu*king upsets me man
 7 years ago '04        #124
subway series 69 heat pts69
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 1429 1429
 DaOmega_1 said:

[pic - click to view]

n*gga, do you even read comics?
n*gga not d.C no

do you read comics if you did you would know x men 1st class is x men 1st a.ss
 7 years ago '04        #125
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
Because, the creator's of the film have been given the free-reign to play within that universe, and craft something that is uniquely their's... Nolan was given that right, and that wasn't 100% according to the comics either.

The rule is this:

You can change the story ONLY IF you understand and show us the essence of what makes those characters them. And, in this film, they do. They gave us a clear view of the friendship between Xavier & Magneto. They brought it into a real world setting, so it cannot be all-the-way according the comics or else it would be silly... It works in a comic, not in a film. two different mediums.

Plus: The last time a movie tried to replicate the comic book exactly was "Watchmen", and look how that turned out.

And, also: It's Sebastian Shaw, not Simon Shaw. Some fan you are if you can't get the name right.
I WROTE SEBASTIAN THE 1ST time just a smal mistake im more of a fan than you essence of a friendship BULLsh*t shows you are not a fan

the story behind magneto, juggernaut and xavier is an important part of the marvel universe and you are happy they fu*ked it up
 7 years ago '07        #126
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,071 | Props total: 1843 1843
That n*gga proof is butt hurt lol
 7 years ago '10        #127
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,733 | Props total: 19629 19629
fu*k your comic books. They retcon sh*t all the time.
 7 years ago '05        #128
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
I could give a fu*k less if they stick to the comics. Most people share the same sentiment.
 7 years ago '04        #129
space
space
then u should go watch power rangers if u couldnt care if they follow the basics of the marvel comic books!

thats just plain stupid
 7 years ago '04        #130
space
space
hellfire club

has archangel and iron mans dad's plus psylocke dad also.....
 7 years ago '04        #131
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 s4s said:
movie was dope as fu*k 7.6/10 imo and i dont give out 8s easily

yeah the comic book dudes are going to come in and be upset that it didnt follow the exact same story as the comic book, but thats the best part. dudes just dont come in with an open mind anymore, or watch a movie for a movie.
This...the comic fans don't realize that 95% of the people watching these movies never read the comic books. The people making the films are in charge of making something that connects to a wide range of audiences, men and women of all ages, in 2-2 1/2 hour chunks of time. They dont make movies to apeal to 5% of people, they make movies that can hopefully apeal to EVERYONE.

If you're watching these movies expecting to see live action "plays" of the comics then you've got the wrong idea to begin with. Very few of these movies follow the comics/graphic novels. They take the brand only for name recognition and then make it their own adaptation.

It's one thing not to actually like the movie, it's another to hate it because it doesn't follow something that's already been done written. There is a reason they are allowed to constantly reboot these characters, and personally it's what makes me enjoy the movies. I read most of the Marvel comics and I like the fact that they don't just regurgitate the comic book story lines. If I wanted to see the same story, I'd go back and read the comics again. Sometimes, movies are made to just shut your brain off an enjoy.
 7 years ago '05        #132
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 subway series said:
then u should go watch power rangers if u couldnt care if they follow the basics of the marvel comic books!

thats just plain stupid
That literally makes 0 sense. Most people didn't read the comics, therefore don't care about the comics, and watch the movies as their own thing, hearing the stories for the first time.
 7 years ago '08        #133
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,409 | Props total: 422 422
 s4s said:
movie was dope as fu*k 7.6/10 imo and i dont give out 8s easily

yeah the comic book dudes are going to come in and be upset that it didnt follow the exact same story as the comic book, but thats the best part. dudes just dont come in with an open mind anymore, or watch a movie for a movie.
Don't say that. Those guys don't speak for everyone (and after reading some of these guys posts they don't even know the story from the comic themselves). I'm a comic book guy and I love this movie. This is the best X-Men movie and the 2nd best Marvel movie (Spiderman 2) I've seen. It felt like after X2 FOX was aiming for a popcorn movie and everybody would be happy. heck no. X-Men and pretty much most Marvel movies should have a great story attached to the cool blow em up showing off mutant powers show.

In the past X movies you saw Magneto as a bad guy and why he was bad (f!ghting for mutant kind blah blah). But in this movie you FEEL why he does the things he does (and will do in the future). It actually made me think if I was there would I actually side with this person?

This movie did not feel like 2 hours. Blew by real quick. The have some hidden gems in there (did anyone catch Storm?). Great story and good f!ght scenes. You can't be mad at that. No disrespect to X1 and X2 but they might as well make this movie a reboot instead of a prequel. Let's just pretend this is the first X-Men movie.
 06-04-2011, 05:31 PM         #134
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea this mugg was cold
 7 years ago '07        #135
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
i really enjoyed it there were obvious inaccurate events but a great overall movie def better than xmen 3 and most recently thor, and the guy who played magneto was fu*king great, january jones was looking s3xy as hell, and jennifer lawrence got body not much of a face but damn her body.....also
[spoiler - click to view]

solid 8.5/10
 7 years ago '05        #136
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,164 | Props total: 958 958
 Syphernix said:
i really enjoyed it there were obvious inaccurate events but a great overall movie def better than xmen 3 and most recently thor, and the guy who played magneto was fu*king great, january jones was looking s3xy as hell, and jennifer lawrence got body not much of a face but damn her body.....also

solid 8.5/10
This, I just came back from seeing it.. Both Main characters are excellent actors... I knew that, especially magneto.. Hope they continue the reboot with these 2
 06-04-2011, 08:47 PM         #137
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Syphernix said:

solid 8.5/10
Me too.

Anyways the movie was excellent. If not for a few of the corny characters they could've done w/o I thought it was about a 8.5-9/10 myself.

BTW:

...no homo.
 06-04-2011, 09:18 PM         #138
Bossdonwave 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this sh*t was dope didnt expect that
 7 years ago '06        #139
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,714 | Props total: 1783 1783
I liked it, I hope they continue the series on. I'd give it a 8 out of 10.
 7 years ago '07        #140
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Me too.

Anyways the movie was excellent. If not for a few of the corny characters they could've done w/o I thought it was about a 8.5-9/10 myself.

BTW:

...no homo.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy