"X-Men: First Class" - FIRST REACTIONS

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA BIG BALLER BRAND JUST SHUT DOWN NYC TODAY :mjomfg:
28 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #21
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
A comment from another film critic at hitfix, Gregory Ellwood...

Even better than Spider-Man 2, Iron Man or any Marvel movie so far in my opinion. Ambitious, smart and when it's good, it's very good. Not Nolan level though.

it's in the comments.
 7 years ago '10        #22
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,406 | Props total: 2273 2273
Question, is gambit in this movie?
 7 years ago '05        #23
space
space
 jayjay2 said:
Question, is gambit in this movie?
No. I don't think he is.
 7 years ago '10        #24
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,406 | Props total: 2273 2273
 DaOmega_1 said:
No. I don't think he is.
fu*king bullsh*t man, one of the originals. They put him in one movie
 7 years ago '05        #25
space
space
 jayjay2 said:
fu*king bullsh*t man, one of the originals. They put him in one movie
Why would it make sense to put him in the film?

And, no. He is not one of the originals. His first appearance was in the 90's.
 7 years ago '04        #26
Exs 151 heat pts151
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1263 1263
 7 years ago '04        #27
ramzx22 
space
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
 DaOmega_1 said:
Why would it make sense to put him in the film?

And, no. He is not one of the originals. His first appearance was in the 90's.
its not like they even got the right ppl in it anyways....ice man, jean grey, cyclops, angel, and beast are the ogs.....instead we get a mix of ppl that never were x men or not from the original x men (except beast) so i can see them put in gambit if they wanted.....then again its a prequel to the Film series which is all fu*ked up anyways lol.....should be a kooo movie
 7 years ago '05        #28
space
space
 ramzx22 said:
its not like they even got the right ppl in it anyways....ice man, jean grey, cyclops, angel, and beast are the ogs.....instead we get a mix of ppl that never were x men or not from the original x men (except beast) so i can see them put in gambit if they wanted.....then again its a prequel to the Film series which is all fu*ked up anyways lol.....should be a kooo movie
I like that they're creating an entirely new origin, because I'm sick of seeing things transcribed directly from comics.
 7 years ago '05        #29
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 7 7
I'm not even going to read the reviews cause this is a must see movie no matter how good or crappy it is
 7 years ago '04        #30
ramzx22 
space
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
 DaOmega_1 said:
I like that they're creating an entirely new origin, because I'm sick of seeing things transcribed directly from comics.
like what? and i'm all for alt story lines...my fav. X men saga is "Age of Apocalypse" about as twisted as X men can get haha
 7 years ago '08        #31
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 IronMaiden said:
even 3 and wolverine?
The only time we ever agreed. But there are saying its better then X-2? That a big statement right there.
 7 years ago '08        #32
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,405 | Props total: 421 421
 DaOmega_1 said:
A comment from another film critic at hitfix, Gregory Ellwood...

it's in the comments.
better than Spiderman 2????? thats a big statement
 7 years ago '05        #33
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
I hate the way they fucced up the WHOLE entire storyline throughout the whole entire series.

I don't care how good this new movie gonna be and I don't have anything against anyone for supporting it...do your thing...but there's no way in hell I'ma watch an X-men movie calling itself First Class when it's NOT the real First Class. They could've at least given it it's own title.

I don't understand why these movie makers just don't rename movies like this something else, change a few things here and there and wah-lah...you got an original movie you can claim all alone. That's a whole lot better than hijacking someone's creation and spitting on it.

I know ya'll don't like to here different opinions or whatever....but owell. That's how I feel about it and that's that. lol.
Y'know... What is the "real" way to make this movie? The comics have inconsistencies, and have been retconned into oblivion. But, we forgive them. Why? Because artists are doing something interesting and original in an established universe. WHY is it so bad for films to do the same thing?

I like the fact that it's giving us a different origin, and that it's crafting its own history... Because, it's changing the way I perceive it. I know the way it goes, I know the way it happens in the comics. BUT, since it's something entirely different than what I know, I'm experiencing (and rediscovering) a different take on the X-Men universe. Comic book & writers do this all the time. Why are filmmakers not allowed?
 7 years ago '07        #34
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,767 | Props total: 14586 14586
 sasuke-sama313 said:
The only time we ever agreed. But there are saying its better then X-2? That a big statement right there.
It depends who you ask. If you ask me and I like First Class, I'd say it was. I didn't like X-2 that much.
 7 years ago '08        #35
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,405 | Props total: 421 421
I'm loving the way this movie is done based on the things I've read, previews, and reviews. Only thing I have a problem with is having Havok in the cast. Makes me question is this an actual prequel or a straight reboot. If this can be explained in the movie or an interview I'll be happy.

If this is an actual prequel I hate when people get made at that First Class cast of mutants. It is entirely impossible to have that mutant line up when those same mutants were in the present day movies(So you really want Summers and Grey in this movie based in the 70's even though they were in the 2000 versions?!). So stop saying that cause it makes no sense at all.
 05-23-2011, 08:31 PM         #36
Yelsgnik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im excited for this..the last movie I saw opening weekend was The Dark Knight.
 7 years ago '05        #37
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
I NEVER said I gave comic books writers a pass for doing what filmmakers do. Neither one should get a pass. It's disrespect to the creator no matter how u slice it. Why u thing Alan Moore didn't show ANY love towards V for Vendetta or Watchmen.....even tho they are faithful to the source material and arguably 5 star movies (two of my top ten favs). If he felt the way he felt about that, just think how he would've felt had they NOT been faithful to the source material. He would've blew up had he read something along the lines of "the filmakers are putting a spin on the comic book".

Of course it's the creators fault for not having rights to their sh*t, but a good person would still respect the creators and stay true it or leave it alone, instead of someones lack of rights.

And even tho Xmen has been recreated by multiple writers in the comic world, that don't make it right for filmakers to do the same thing. Rewriting stuff is a HUGE part of what Comic book culture is all about. Film world was not like this until this century and all it does is reflect the cowards that run the movie industry.

And don't forget.....they've severely tampered with cohesive stories from REAL LIFE and the book world (outside of comics). It's not a comic book issue...it's a respect issues and a thief issue.

And CREATING SOMETHING NEW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hijacking someone else's sh*t. It don't matter how you slice it.
This whole thing filled with so many loaded statements, I don't even know where to start.

You say neither filmmakers nor comic book writers should get a pass, yet you proceed to give comic book writers a pass for doing so with a statement like "rewriting is a huge part of the comic book culture". INCONSISTENT!

I thought what made the comic book world so great is how it allowed others to play within that universe. It's what I love about it. What I love is the fact that I writer can inject himself into an already established universe with the blessing of those involved with that universe (i.e Chris Claremont & Stan Lee). WHY is that wrong?
 7 years ago '05        #38
space
space
The movie is awesome.

Like, really, truly awesome. Big, fun, great looking and with wonderful characters played by cool actors – X-Men: First Class is everything you kind of hope a superhero movie would be when they started making these things. It’s a film that embraces the goofy fun of Silver Age comics while taking itself exactly seriously enough. In a lot of ways it has a Grant Morrison vibe, a feeling of pop adventure fun (although without Morrison’s trademark weirdness).
 7 years ago '08        #39
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 DaOmega_1 said:
This whole thing filled with so many loaded statements, I don't even know where to start.

You say neither filmmakers nor comic book writers should get a pass, yet you proceed to give comic book writers a pass for doing so with a statement like "rewriting is a huge part of the comic book culture". INCONSISTENT!

I thought what made the comic book world so great is how it allowed others to play within that universe. It's what I love about it. What I love is the fact that I writer can inject himself into an already established universe with the blessing of those involved with that universe (i.e Chris Claremont & Stan Lee). WHY is that wrong?
Which is what Christopher Nolan did with Batman Begins. But people didn't moan and complain about it because the end result was great.
 7 years ago '08        #40
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
BTW, I told ya'll this flick would be good just off the strength of the director.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
91 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy