"X-Men: First Class" - FIRST REACTIONS

most viewed right now
 137
Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 117
Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 80
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 69
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #181
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
avatar space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18895 18895
 Isiah61 said:
Best Marvel comic movie (tops fu*king Blade), second best comic book behind the Watchmen.
this sh*t was not better than Blade...
 06-06-2011, 01:52 AM         #182
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just watched the first 2 xmen movies today for the first time. wasnt really into them.
 7 years ago '09        #183
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
watched it.........a solid 3 out of 5, the way you guys were ranting and raving i thought this was gonna be atleast a 4 out of 4, but its a solid 3...maybe even a 3.5 out of 5

and to the people saying this movie is dark??? really?? i will say this magneto's performance was excellent, i left the theatre thinking if i was a mutant i would have chose to go with him at the end, charles came off as an apologist for the mutants but there was nothing to apologize....mutants should have been the future, period


alot of cheesy moments imo, but it was a solid movie but pleasee dont believe the hype and go watching this movie thinking your gonna see some TDK type movie...it wasnt, and like someone else said, this movie was moreso X-men origin: Magneto


plus they wasted to much time on focusing on the nuclear war sh*t and should have spent more time telling us about the other mutants, didnt know sh*t about havok other then he was in juve, didnt kno sh*t about banshee other then he speaks funny, didnt know sh*t about darwin except...well nothing


should have worked on character development, great ending though and i dont buy that sh*t about how magneto did shaw in......shaw was to great of a villian to die like that, kinda fukked up, sorta like omar on the wire getting k!lled by kennard....he deserved a better death......grreat ending nonetheless
 7 years ago '09        #184
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 Gattsau said:
I just wish the movie was darker with some twists I hate the bubble sh*t.
i feel the same, they could have made it more dark, there was too many light scenes, and the only DARK scenes involved magneto........might as well have made it his movie and kept it 100%

definetly not a bad movie....a good 3 out of 5 or 3.5 out of 5 but i was expecting a little more
 06-06-2011, 08:20 AM         #185
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ did you see anything worthy of metaphysics?
 7 years ago '09        #186
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 youknowmystelo said:
^ did you see anything worthy of metaphysics?
in what sense, in a philosophical view, spiritual...mind and matter.......can you be more direct with your question
 06-06-2011, 08:27 AM         #187
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all of the above. philosophically, if you want a direct answer.


Last edited by youknowmystelo; 06-06-2011 at 08:31 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #188
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 youknowmystelo said:
all of the above. philosophically, if you want a direct answer.
meh...not really.....but sort of if you think of it as philosophy vs evolution but that still really isnt in a metaphysical sense, i would view it more as an idealist views vs the realist view.....professor x would be the idealist with his view on mutants and how they could coexist with the humans while magneto would be the realist where he realizes that mutants dont have to co-exist when they are the new and improved species....they are the next steps to evolution the same way homo-sapiens were the next step when the neatherthals were still around...and we all know the homosapiens took over

magneto view was we should take our place at the top of the food chain now because the humans who are beneath us will try to stop the inevitable of their extinction during the mutants rise to their proper place......which imo is absolutely true, but professor x sees it more that we can co-exist and work together and live in peace but as we know, the strongest survive and the weak fall on the way side an die off.......thats just the cycle of the world, thats how it always been thats how it always will be


philosophy (professor x) vs evolution (magneto)
 7 years ago '07        #189
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Jacc Blacc said:
watched it.........a solid 3 out of 5, the way you guys were ranting and raving i thought this was gonna be atleast a 4 out of 4, but its a solid 3...maybe even a 3.5 out of 5

and to the people saying this movie is dark??? really?? i will say this magneto's performance was excellent, i left the theatre thinking if i was a mutant i would have chose to go with him at the end, charles came off as an apologist for the mutants but there was nothing to apologize....mutants should have been the future, period


alot of cheesy moments imo, but it was a solid movie but pleasee dont believe the hype and go watching this movie thinking your gonna see some TDK type movie...it wasnt, and like someone else said, this movie was moreso X-men origin: Magneto


plus they wasted to much time on focusing on the nuclear war sh*t and should have spent more time telling us about the other mutants, didnt know sh*t about havok other then he was in juve, didnt kno sh*t about banshee other then he speaks funny, didnt know sh*t about darwin except...well nothing


should have worked on character development, great ending though and i dont buy that sh*t about how magneto did shaw in......shaw was to great of a villian to die like that, kinda fukked up, sorta like omar on the wire getting k!lled by kennard....he deserved a better death......grreat ending nonetheless
For PG-13 yes it was.. take the dark parts on TDK and compare them to this. They pretty much pushed the PG-13 factor.

Between the magic trick scene and
[spoiler - click to view]

. If there was more blood they'd both be rated R. Also, of course it won't be anything like Batman. Batman's tone is probably the darkest out of mainstream heroes besides Spawn.
 7 years ago '09        #190
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 TH35 said:
For PG-13 yes it was.. take the dark parts on TDK and compare them to this. They pretty much pushed the PG-13 factor.

Between the magic trick scene and
[spoiler - click to view]

. If there was more blood they'd both be rated R. Also, of course it won't be anything like Batman. Batman's tone is probably the darkest out of mainstream heroes besides Spawn.
by bar scene im guess your speaking about the one in south america not the one with logan.....then yes i would agree but like i said "all the dark scenes involved magneto" and the magic trick......that was dark?? when they were talkin with the cia dudes and the guy asked x was he gonna read his mind??? that scene wasnt dark


 7 years ago '07        #191
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Jacc Blacc said:
by bar scene im guess your speaking about the one in south america not the one with logan.....then yes i would agree but like i said "all the dark scenes involved magneto" and the magic trick......that was dark?? when they were talkin with the cia dudes and the guy asked x was he gonna read his mind??? that scene wasnt dark


For PG-13 those are dark scenes.
[spoiler - click to view]

Those could've easily made the movie rated R if
[spoiler - click to view]

. What I really mean is pushing the PG-13 rating. What I put in bold I don't even know what you're talking about. I didn't even bring that up. I'm only talking about two specific parts in First Class and yes you're right all the dark scenes did involve Magneto. Well,
[spoiler - click to view]

 7 years ago '08        #192
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$7,411 | Props total: 422 422
 subway series said:
then if you know most of it how can u say they did a good job with such basic botches
This is a film ADAPTION. Every single thing you have stated that was originally in the comics will not fit. You are asking for a 6 hour movie. Even the things you call basic has to change so it can fit and flow along with the story.

If this is your reason for hating this movie than by your logic you pretty much hate every single comic movie. It will not always be accurate. As long as the director can capture the SPIRIT of each character and give it a good realistic back story (that can work in the movies) than its all good. What you're asking for is a freakin broadway version of the X-Men.

Guess what!!!!! In the upcoming Captain America movie they are giving the cosmic cube a new name called The Tesseract. HOW CAN THEY CHANGE THE MOST BASIC THING IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!?!! THIS MOVIE MUST BE UTTER TRASH!!!! I hope I saved you $8.00

Before this movie came out the biggest uproar was having Alex Summers in this movie. Out of all the X-Men they used Havok. This messes up some things as you know but guess what Singer and Vaughn made it work.

 subway series said:
if i was flexing comic book knowledge there would be much deeper sh*t i would be pointing out

who said u asked for them? i pointed out why i didnt like the film if u like it thats good for you so go watch it again
You were tryin to flex by stating things some to most of us knew. For example, no one asked for this dumb sh*t...

 subway series said:
also xavier created cerebro and hank mccoy later adjusted it.....

anyway enjoy your movie.....
NO ONE ASKED!!! and then this....

 subway series said:
hellfire club

has archangel and iron mans dad's plus psylocke dad also.....
 subway series said:
sebastion shaw
Warren Worthington (archangels pops)
Howard Stark (iron mans pops)
norman osborn (original green goblin)
Now I know you don't know sh*t. HOW THEE fu*k would they make this work? Marvel Studios owns the movie rights to Howard Stark and Sony owns the rights to Norman Osborn. How can FOX make this work? It can't which leads to changes that worked for the movie.

And last....
 subway series said:
this film sucked too many bullsh*t mistakes

simon shaw was not german
mystique didnt grow up with professor x (juggernaut did)
magneto and xavier met in israel
he did not lose his power to walk like that
nightcrawler is related to mystique


i could go on and on
YOU EXPECT THEM TO FIT ALL THAT IN A TWO HOUR MOVIE!? You also thought Azazel was Nightcrawler. You nitpicking so hard in this movie that you try to create a mistake they made. You tryin too hard to hate the movie. You have every right to hate the movie but the reasoning didn't make sense to me.

Edit: Damn I sound like an as*hole. Not my intent


Last edited by AnyGiven; 06-06-2011 at 12:17 PM..
 06-06-2011, 12:20 PM         #193
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Good look on the spoiler.
My bad bro. Not used to posting in this forum
 06-06-2011, 04:33 PM         #194
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Inglourious Mutants
Director Matthew Vaughn virtually turns X-Men into Inglourious Basterds
By Armond White

X-Men: First Class

Directed by Matthew Vaughn

Runtime: 132 min.

Not terrible is the best evaluation a sensible person could give to X-Men: First Class—but that isn’t good enough. This back-to-adolescence prequel is meant to revive the franchise after Bryan Singer drove X-Men 3 into uselessness. Seeing how Professor Xavier and Magneto first met, and began their rivalry as leaders of the specially gifted mutant crime f!ghters, merely rehearses the familiar story with younger faces. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender aren’t exactly fresh in these roles; the characters and their situations are so utterly familiar they can’t be rethought or refreshed. The entire film is a hackneyed exercise.

Hack director Matthew Vaughn’s specialty is British refurbishments. As in Layer Cake and Kick a.ss, Vaughn repeats already established genres with a desperate lack of imagination. The introduction of each mutant feels like déj vu and is humorlessly drawn-out. Even with new actors playing Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Darwin (Edi Gathegi), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Riptide (Alex González), Havok (Lucas Till), Vaughn finds no personality spark. This makes him—shockingly—a lesser director than Bryan Singer. At least X-Men 2 showed Singer energized by the outsider theme as a gay-teen allegory: Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Romijn, Alan Cumming, Halle Berry and James Marsden were all flirt, promising unleashed potency. Singer had anticipated the “It Gets Better” campaign—but then got worse.

Vaughn stays timidly within the X-Men comics’ narrative limits. He’s finally found an exploitable fantasy mode but when he includes obvious James Bond and Dr. Strangelove references, it only reinforces how mundane the material has become. Ironically, that’s exactly why X-Men: First Class serves as a jackpot for Vaughn just as the debutante Star Trek was for J.J. Abrams. These prequels give an illusion of rejuvenation that might be especially appealing to susceptible young viewers but while rebooting the box office these films also constrain viewers’ imaginations.

Take the good vs. evil premise that starts in 1944 with the Nazi invasion of Poland and ends with the Bay of Pigs standoff in 1963. It teaches vengeance not history, practically turning the X-Men into Inglourious Basterds. Travestying history doesn’t give edge or profundity to action comics; it just makes them distasteful and dumb. Young Magneto’s choice between using his powers to manipulate a Nazi coin or save his mother’s life is merely coarse; it gets wrong the ethical choice that was so well played in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when Indy’s dilemma opposed diamonds and an antidote.

X-Men: First Class trivializes each mutant’s motivation as childish petulance. Vaughn lacks the knack for expressive action, reducing the athletic gallantry Fassbender displayed in Centurion to doing silly things like levitating a submarine. He wastes Fassbender’s beautiful emotional capacity. Magneto and Professor X’s disputes lower personal principles into mumble-jumble (“the point between rage and serenity”). And Vaughn doesn’t dare push the earnest young men’s sympathies (“There’s so much more to you than you know.”) toward romance. Instead, using Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones and Zoe Kravitz as insipid s3x objects is a tired alternative.

Sure, this prequel could have been better, but using pre-sold comic book escapades to pacify moviegoers couldn’t be worse. X-Men: First Class tricks audiences into misunderstanding episodic narrative pleasure. They become accustomed to dull, rehashed gimmicks, awaiting the next ticket buy. Vaughn’s shrewd: His ending isn’t a cliffhanger, it’s a carrot.
 7 years ago '07        #195
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1384 1384
 youknowmystelo said:
Inglourious Mutants
Director Matthew Vaughn virtually turns X-Men into Inglourious Basterds
By Armond White

X-Men: First Class

Directed by Matthew Vaughn

Runtime: 132 min.

Not terrible is the best evaluation a sensible person could give to X-Men: First Class—but that isn’t good enough. This back-to-adolescence prequel is meant to revive the franchise after Bryan Singer drove X-Men 3 into uselessness. Seeing how Professor Xavier and Magneto first met, and began their rivalry as leaders of the specially gifted mutant crime f!ghters, merely rehearses the familiar story with younger faces. James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender aren’t exactly fresh in these roles; the characters and their situations are so utterly familiar they can’t be rethought or refreshed. The entire film is a hackneyed exercise.

Hack director Matthew Vaughn’s specialty is British refurbishments. As in Layer Cake and Kick a.ss, Vaughn repeats already established genres with a desperate lack of imagination. The introduction of each mutant feels like déj vu and is humorlessly drawn-out. Even with new actors playing Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Darwin (Edi Gathegi), Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Riptide (Alex González), Havok (Lucas Till), Vaughn finds no personality spark. This makes him—shockingly—a lesser director than Bryan Singer. At least X-Men 2 showed Singer energized by the outsider theme as a gay-teen allegory: Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Romijn, Alan Cumming, Halle Berry and James Marsden were all flirt, promising unleashed potency. Singer had anticipated the “It Gets Better” campaign—but then got worse.

Vaughn stays timidly within the X-Men comics’ narrative limits. He’s finally found an exploitable fantasy mode but when he includes obvious James Bond and Dr. Strangelove references, it only reinforces how mundane the material has become. Ironically, that’s exactly why X-Men: First Class serves as a jackpot for Vaughn just as the debutante Star Trek was for J.J. Abrams. These prequels give an illusion of rejuvenation that might be especially appealing to susceptible young viewers but while rebooting the box office these films also constrain viewers’ imaginations.

Take the good vs. evil premise that starts in 1944 with the Nazi invasion of Poland and ends with the Bay of Pigs standoff in 1963. It teaches vengeance not history, practically turning the X-Men into Inglourious Basterds. Travestying history doesn’t give edge or profundity to action comics; it just makes them distasteful and dumb. Young Magneto’s choice between using his powers to manipulate a Nazi coin or save his mother’s life is merely coarse; it gets wrong the ethical choice that was so well played in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when Indy’s dilemma opposed diamonds and an antidote.

X-Men: First Class trivializes each mutant’s motivation as childish petulance. Vaughn lacks the knack for expressive action, reducing the athletic gallantry Fassbender displayed in Centurion to doing silly things like levitating a submarine. He wastes Fassbender’s beautiful emotional capacity. Magneto and Professor X’s disputes lower personal principles into mumble-jumble (“the point between rage and serenity”). And Vaughn doesn’t dare push the earnest young men’s sympathies (“There’s so much more to you than you know.”) toward romance. Instead, using Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones and Zoe Kravitz as insipid s3x objects is a tired alternative.

Sure, this prequel could have been better, but using pre-sold comic book escapades to pacify moviegoers couldn’t be worse. X-Men: First Class tricks audiences into misunderstanding episodic narrative pleasure. They become accustomed to dull, rehashed gimmicks, awaiting the next ticket buy. Vaughn’s shrewd: His ending isn’t a cliffhanger, it’s a carrot.
Is this TheBallDontLie? if so what happened to your other name and your boy smokeweed?
 06-06-2011, 04:49 PM         #196
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ironically, that’s exactly why X-Men: First Class serves as a jackpot for Vaughn just as the debutante Star Trek was for J.J. Abrams.
What does he mean by debutante in that sentence?

Basically called him a bi*ch?
 7 years ago '05        #197
micseles 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,782 | Props total: 4275 4275
was a good movie flat out. Im not going to get into continuity problems, closesness with the actual story sh*t, because its irrelevent. Theyve been retelling and retooling the xmen story for years in the comics why cant they do it in a movie. With how bad x3 was i was just happy that they made a consorted effort to make a quality film. The Jackman and Romain cameo's were hilarious as well.
 7 years ago '04        #198
subway series 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 1429 1429
 AnyGiven said:
This is a film ADAPTION. Every single thing you have stated that was originally in the comics will not fit. You are asking for a 6 hour movie. Even the things you call basic has to change so it can fit and flow along with the story.

If this is your reason for hating this movie than by your logic you pretty much hate every single comic movie. It will not always be accurate. As long as the director can capture the SPIRIT of each character and give it a good realistic back story (that can work in the movies) than its all good. What you're asking for is a freakin broadway version of the X-Men.

Guess what!!!!! In the upcoming Captain America movie they are giving the cosmic cube a new name called The Tesseract. HOW CAN THEY CHANGE THE MOST BASIC THING IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!?!! THIS MOVIE MUST BE UTTER TRASH!!!! I hope I saved you $8.00

Before this movie came out the biggest uproar was having Alex Summers in this movie. Out of all the X-Men they used Havok. This messes up some things as you know but guess what Singer and Vaughn made it work.



You were tryin to flex by stating things some to most of us knew. For example, no one asked for this dumb sh*t...



NO ONE ASKED!!! and then this....





Now I know you don't know sh*t. HOW THEE fu*k would they make this work? Marvel Studios owns the movie rights to Howard Stark and Sony owns the rights to Norman Osborn. How can FOX make this work? It can't which leads to changes that worked for the movie.

And last....


YOU EXPECT THEM TO FIT ALL THAT IN A TWO HOUR MOVIE!? You also thought Azazel was Nightcrawler. You nitpicking so hard in this movie that you try to create a mistake they made. You tryin too hard to hate the movie. You have every right to hate the movie but the reasoning didn't make sense to me.

Edit: Damn I sound like an as*hole. Not my intent

basic mistakes no1 said u asked

if they could fit in that dr mccoy made cerebro why didnt they just say xavier made it... u miss the basic point


and making shaw a nazi was just plain dumb...... all those adjoining stories wiped out nobody said the whole hellfire club should be in the movie but to make a pointless part for kravitz daughter they could have done something more important with the time
 7 years ago '09        #199
CutKidd21 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,134 | Props total: 170 170
Darwin

 7 years ago '04        #200
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 175 175
 CutKidd21 said:
Darwin

cosign... could have done without him... the movie was still dope... but that guy...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 35
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 31
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 11
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 8
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy