IMO Tech N9ne > Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
165 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
Ill Fred 
space
space
$2,724 | Props total: 408 408
Nina.............Hov.............:p ause:...... HOV is better
 7 years ago '05        #82
Black Moses 
space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 408 408
I tried listening to Tech N9ne...he's nice but idk....Jay-Z's easier on the ears.
 7 years ago '04        #83
Sinna555 
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 3 3
Lol Tech can't flow, oh man. STFU and listen to this

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #84
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
 thegoldenhero said:
clap for this dude he gets it jay has one of the best flows lol at thinking fast flow = best flow

Why do people think we like Tech's flow better because he raps fast sometimes?

Like I said before, this man puts together the most melodies and rhyme patterns in one song I EVER heard. Add that to the fact he is great at constructing songs and laying them out. Then add that to the fact that he has his own style that NO ONE ever used or even tries to use because they know they can't pull it off. Then add that to the fact that he's very good lyrically, not as good as Jay bar for bar but still will hold his own. I don't see how u can't say his musical talent is UNDENIABLE.

And for people to say Jay is leaps and bounds better then Tech at anything is complete bias.
They are both in my top 10. I think Jay-Z circa 96-03 is better then Tech. But If you count longevity, Tech is STILL putting out great music where as Jay stopped putting out anything close to that after the Black Album. And though it is hard to compare the 2 since they do make 2 completely different kinds of music, I like all kinds of hip-hop so I can look at the two sides without bias...sorry i can't say the same for others.
 7 years ago '09        #86
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,073 | Props total: 7236 7236
 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM         #87
DEEZKNOTS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They both nice.....2 Diff styles. It comes down to opinion. I Like Jay-z Better but I also like Tech. He is Deff the most slept on rapper in history. But in all fairness there is no such think as a GOAT IMO.
 05-22-2011, 04:50 PM         #88
Dabu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FaceTheGawd said:

[pic - click to view]

You gonna trust THIS guys opinion on rap??

05-22-2011, 04:51 PM         #89
Dabu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tech is one of my fave rappers but hop off d!ck.
 7 years ago '07        #90
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,898 | Props total: 1142 1142
 kakish said:

Like I said before, this man puts together the most melodies and rhyme patterns in one song I EVER heard. Add that to the fact he is great at constructing songs and laying them out. Then add that to the fact that he has his own style that NO ONE ever used or even tries to use because they know they can't pull it off. Then add that to the fact that he's very good lyrically, not as good as Jay bar for bar but still will hold his own. I don't see how u can't say his musical talent is UNDENIABLE.

And for people to say Jay is leaps and bounds better then Tech at anything is complete bias.
They are both in my top 10. I think Jay-Z circa 96-03 is better then Tech. But If you count longevity, Tech is STILL putting out great music where as Jay stopped putting out anything close to that after the Black Album. And though it is hard to compare the 2 since they do make 2 completely different kinds of music, I like all kinds of hip-hop so I can look at the two sides without bias...sorry i can't say the same for others.
great post
 7 years ago '04        #91
Sinna555 
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 3 3
 ballergenetics said:
who said tech cant flow ?
 sheedawg said:
Dudes are so caught up with and confused that rapping fast = flow
This tard did
 7 years ago '09        #92
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 kakish said:

Like I said before, this man puts together the most melodies and rhyme patterns in one song I EVER heard.Add that to the fact he is great at constructing songs and laying them out. Then add that to the fact that he has his own style that NO ONE ever used or even tries to use because they know they can't pull it off. Then add that to the fact that he's very good lyrically, not as good as Jay bar for bar but still will hold his own. I don't see how u can't say his musical talent is UNDENIABLE.

My favorite thing about Tech.
 7 years ago '07        #93
space
space
 Sinna555 said:
This tard did
dont mind him hes a 16 year old who lives in new zealand and stans jay harder then anyone in the states
 7 years ago '05        #94
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Mr. Snowman said:
dont mind him hes a 16 year old who lives in new zealand and stans jay harder then anyone in the states
LOL at me being 16, look at when I signed up, you think I been a member on BX since I was 10? I'd rather be a 16 year old from New Zealand than make a thread on BX everyday, one of them being that Budden is GOAT.

Anyways, regarding flow, I'm still gonna say Jay has a more versatile flow, call me a stan or whatever you wan't, no one on this site ever brings up that Tech N9ne is a legend yet suddenly you compare him to Jay, also because TS hates Jay and you expect the few tech fans just to ride with you. Jay's double time flow is also better than Tech.

All im asking is, GOAT status, IE Nas, Big, Pac, Jay etc are icons, Tech N9ne only known by his fans who obviously will think he's so great.

Quit just hating on Jay in order to get shine on artists you think should get more shine.
 7 years ago '05        #95
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Sinna555 said:
This tard did
Nice to know you struggle with reading, no where in that post does it say that Tech can't flow, it's saying that people get caught up with fast rapping and think that equates to flow
 7 years ago '04        #96
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #97
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13676 13676
 abstruse said:
tech music is more like rock music to me,can't feel that sh*t
 e180th said:
^this is the most important post in this thread.

EDIT: i tried to give Tech many chances but he never grabs my attention... his sound is like "alternative rap," if there's a such a sub genre.
Listen to these first. You probably heard his newer stuff, which isn't as good as his older material.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Y.G.; 05-22-2011 at 08:48 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #98
space
space
 AiRDoGG923 said:
if you dont know tech n9ne or havent given him a thorough listen then dont respond.

tech n9ne is easily better than jay in any way, shape, or form.
:agreement6::agreement6:
 7 years ago '09        #99
abstruse 
space
space
$2,158 | Props total: 334 334
 Y.G. said:
Listen to these first. You probably heard his newer stuff, which isn't as good as his older material.

I've listened the calm before the storm(which sounds like a rock album least) and many others,I ain't sayin it sounds like rock music because of his beat selection,his album concepts are pretty much like rock music theme,talkin about psychotic type of sh*t,being angry with the world,devils etc.

tech got skills,but compare him to jay-z is just horrible comparison,it's like askin dr.dre and rza who makes hotter beats when they're in diffrent lanes
 7 years ago '05        #100
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13676 13676
 abstruse said:
I've listened the calm before the storm(which sounds like a rock album least) and many others,I ain't sayin it sounds like rock music because of his beat selection,his album concepts are pretty much like rock music theme,talkin about psychotic type of sh*t,being angry with the world,devils etc.

tech got skills,but compare him to jay-z is just horrible comparison,it's like askin dr.dre and rza who makes hotter beats when they're in diffrent lanes
Breh, I think you're goin off what he looks like and not the music. Planet Rock 2K, Now It's On and Mitchell Bade sound nothing like what you just described.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy