10 best Android features that the iPhone lacks

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is the best
Android 134 69.79%
Apple 51 26.56%
Rim 7 3.65%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #61
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,991 | Props total: 5679 5679
 fat_boyy21 said:
If you prefer something then you think it's better. Why get something that you don't prefer or think is better
Because what's better for me may not be what's better for you. Blanketly stating something is "better than" something else is stupid. Personal preferrence...that's all this is.

I prefer the iPhone.
 7 years ago '10        #62
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Sorry breh, I'm talkin to people who think the sealed battery is an actual technical advantage. Not those who think it looks pretty. Respect your opinion, but it's not I'm tryin to hear it.

And the average user doesn't buy a phone out of contract. So yes, it will be a time when your cellphone battery (regardless of brand), in that 2 year span, will lose it's charge.
I never bought a phone off contract yet everyone of my batteries has out-lived my cell phone. Even after 2 years an iPhone's battery should have about 80% of its initial battery charge remaining. For people that want to keep their iPhones 3+ years they still have the option to buy and install a new battery.
 7 years ago '04        #63
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
 I AM LEGEND said:
I think the Android OS is better, but for me I like the iPhone and iOS. The reason I have an iPhone is because I think it's a better MP3 player, it does everything I need it to do, it runs smooth out the box, and I think it's the best looking phone out. The Galaxy S II (to name one) is still a better phone when compared side by side. I prefer the Xbox 360, but I know that the PS3 is a better console. The specs will tell you that. There's a bunch of people who know Android and Apple have better phones than Blackberries, but stick with their BB for what the do well such as pushing emails to the phone fast as fu*k.
I gotcha, but surprisingly I disagree with you on the mp3 player part. After I rooted my phone I was able to use this equalizer app that keeps separate settings for speaker phone, headphones, and Bluetooth. I'm not saying android is better in this department but I will c all it a draw
 7 years ago '04        #64
space
space
 FrankAndBeans said:
Because what's better for me may not be what's better for you. Blanketly stating something is "better than" something else is stupid. Personal preferrence...that's all this is.

I prefer the iPhone.
It's not stupid to say better. It just comes downtown knowing enough about both operating systems to make a sound judgement. But now the question becomes, what makes you prefer one to the other
 7 years ago '04        #65
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 fat_boyy21 said:
I gotcha, but surprisingly I disagree with you on the mp3 player part. After I rooted my phone I was able to use this equalizer app that keeps separate settings for speaker phone, headphones, and Bluetooth. I'm not saying android is better in this department but I will c all it a draw
It was a bigger battery drain on my Evo than it is on the iPhone and I would have these weird playback issues where the music would start skipping after a few hours to the point that I would need to reboot the phone. Every player I tried did this. I listen to my MP3 player at work, in the car and I run a lot during the warm months. That performance simply would not do.
 7 years ago '05        #66
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 I AM LEGEND said:
It was a bigger battery drain on my Evo than it is on the iPhone and I would have these weird playback issues where the music would start skipping after a few hours to the point that I would need to reboot the phone. Every player I tried did this. I listen to my MP3 player at work, in the car and I run a lot during the warm months. That performance simply would not do.
I've never had any issues with the music player (listen to mp3's on my way to work, 40 mins-1 hr drive), and never had the random music issue, or that one, guess im just lucky...
 7 years ago '09        #67
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
Yeah, this phone sh*t is getting very weird. I think I'll just go back and get one of those simple phones cause I dont know what half the sh*t you guys are talking about is.

Way over my head. Do they even sell regular phones anymore? All I get from ATT is ads for sh*t about smartphones like the IPhone4, Atrix, Infuse, Focus, Phoenix, Inspire and sh*t like that, Are there anymore phones with just a letter and a number like the Nokia C350.
 7 years ago '04        #68
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Yeah, this phone sh*t is getting very weird. I think I'll just go back and get one of those simple phones cause I dont know what half the sh*t you guys are talking about is.

Way over my head. Do they even sell regular phones anymore? All I get from ATT is ads for sh*t about smartphones like the IPhone4, Atrix, Infuse, Focus, Phoenix, Inspire and sh*t like that, Are there anymore phones with just a letter and a number like the Nokia C350.
That's because it's worthless if it's not some kind of smartphone, but yeah they still sell them.
 7 years ago '05        #69
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,635 | Props total: 13716 13716
 FrankAndBeans said:
I never bought a phone off contract yet everyone of my batteries has out-lived my cell phone. Even after 2 years an iPhone's battery should have about 80% of its initial battery charge remaining. For people that want to keep their iPhones 3+ years they still have the option to buy and install a new battery.
You're lucky that none of your batteries have ever lost it's charge. I'm sure everyone else in here has experienced it at least once. But don't make up false numbers saying that every iPhone battery will have 80% of it's charge after 2 years of use. That's just a plain, ignorant statement.

As I said before, not everyone properly charges their phones. This a major cause for batteries losing their charges. I just think it's ridiculous that you'd have to pay $80 to get a new battery.
 7 years ago '05        #70
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 749 749
Earlier this month, Google said it was activating over 400,000 Android-based handsets on a daily basis, and with more than 100 million devices based on Google's mobile platform already in play. Android Market is also growing rapidly. Over 200,000 free and paid applications were available in Android Market as of May 10, with more than 4.5 billion applications already installed on handsets worldwide.

7 years ago '05        #71
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 kkkid said:
Earlier this month, Google said it was activating over 400,000 Android-based handsets on a daily basis, and with more than 100 million devices based on Google's mobile platform already in play. Android Market is also growing rapidly. Over 200,000 free and paid applications were available in Android Market as of May 10, with more than 4.5 billion applications already installed on handsets worldwide.

thats the thing though, google will not lose, apple already lost to M$ and just chilled like, whatever, we'll just charge more, so it'll even out...

kudos to them though, cause they did it and it worked...
 7 years ago '10        #72
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Don't make up false numbers saying that every iPhone battery will have 80% of it's charge after 2 years of use. That's just a plain, ignorant statement.

Nah son, I ain't make up those numbers. Official specs.

CNET said:
Apple is estimating one battery will last for 400 charges — which is about two years’ worth of use.
 Apple said:
An iPhone battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs.

Every user will have varying results of course but most won't deviate far from what's expected. If they do Apple will replace your battery free of charge. The sealed battery decision was well worth it in my opinion. Wouldn't want it any other way. The iPhone 4 is a beautiful design.

Last edited by FrankAndBeans; 05-20-2011 at 07:58 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #73
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 FrankAndBeans said:
Now u just trolling. Like fa'real.
I am? what's the market share of macs to PC's? and M$ stopped fu*king around with Windows 7, I hate them but lets be real here, they handed Apple an L...

Guess you realized your mistake
 7 years ago '05        #74
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 FrankAndBeans said:

Your iPhone also doesnt lose service if you touch a certain part of it, and you dont have a virus on your computer, its just another app with the same name...

the battery might hold it and they seem like they do last, but I wont believe sh*t until someone who doesnt lie everytime they speak tell me...
 7 years ago '04        #75
space
space
 kkkid said:

I really hate to Stan out on Apple because the iPhone/iPad is the only product i've ever liked from them, but I honestly believe if Apple puts the iPhone on the four major carriers in the fall it's a wrap. The phone is just too trendy and and people are just too ignorant to know any better, and they love apps. Apple = Apps eve though they're the same damn apps and they're free on Android.

I have quite a few friends who are just waiting on the new iPhone to drop on Verizon before they switch. My homie last week just said "I'm tired of copping an Android phone and then a better one drops three months later." Some of my friends that aren't overly tech savvy just think an Android phone is too much work when I start telling them everything they can do with an android handset.
 7 years ago '04        #76
space
space
 .Hafestos. said:
Your iPhone also doesnt lose service if you touch a certain part of it, and you dont have a virus on your computer, its just another app with the same name...

the battery might hold it and they seem like they do last, but I wont believe sh*t until someone who doesnt lie everytime they speak tell me...
actually, every cellphone loses service if you touch part of it. the difference is the extent to which it loses service, hence iphone 4 and droid x antenna issues
 7 years ago '05        #77
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
actually, every cellphone loses service if you touch part of it. the difference is the extent to which it loses service, hence iphone 4 and droid x antenna issues
I know that, but according to Apple, it doesn't, which is the point I was trying to sarcastically portray
 7 years ago '05        #78
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,635 | Props total: 13716 13716
 FrankAndBeans said:

Every user will have varying results of course but most won't deviate far from what's expected. If they do Apple will replace your battery free of charge. The sealed battery decision was well worth it in my opinion. Wouldn't want it any other way. The iPhone 4 is a beautiful design.
Like I said breh, ignorant statement.

Charge Cycles

A properly maintained iPhone battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs.

[pic - click to view]

Source:

As I said, most people don't properly charge their phones. You'll hit 400 charges well before the length of a 2 year contract just by charging your phone everyday.

If you're out of warranty (or unless you bought the extended warranty which I would a.ssume most don't), you're paying $80 to replace a simple battery. I don't know where you get this "they will replace the battery free" whenever business from.

iPhone Owners

Your one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. You can extend your coverage to two years from the date of your iPhone purchase with the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone. During the plan’s coverage period, Apple will replace the battery if it drops below 50% of its original capacity. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers a battery replacement for $79, plus $6.95 shipping, subject to local tax. Apple disposes of your battery in an environmentally friendly manner.

[pic - click to view]

Source:

I know you like Apple but stop manipulating numbers to backup your arguments.

Last edited by Y.G.; 05-20-2011 at 09:13 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #79
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
wow what amazing features that would really make me want to cross over to the dark side lol. that atrix was looking good until this thread. he just fu*ked it up for everybody! lol widgets........... man cmon!
 7 years ago '10        #80
space
space
 Y.G. said:
I know you like Apple but stop manipulating numbers to backup your arguments.
I'm not manipulating numbers. It's almost pointless talking to you...

I like the iPhone, you like Android phones. I'm confident I won't need to replace my battery before I replace my phone. All of my iPhone carrying friends agree. More people with access to the iPhone line of phones prefer it over any other smart phone in the world more than any other smartphone. Lets leave it at that.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
38 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
72 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
248 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
110 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy