10 best Android features that the iPhone lacks

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is the best
Android 134 69.79%
Apple 51 26.56%
Rim 7 3.65%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #41
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 .Hafestos. said:
umm, so every single user is using the same exact OS? cause Verizons iPhone has a diff iOS than ATT's, and not mentiuoning ppl who havent updated, and people who jailbreak their sh*t

android users = as*holes cause they speak the truth

iphone user = victims, cause they say rediculous sh*t like that...

you poor sheep

different FW number, true, but is the same in every way for the AT&T iPhone.

One is just built for the iPhone 4 on Verizon and one is built for the iPhone on AT&T. Verizon iPhone came out with 4.2.5 or something like that while the AT&T version was on 4.2.1 or 4.2.2
 7 years ago '05        #42
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,937 | Props total: 10823 10823
 .Hafestos. said:
So Nokia gone have 4 diff OS on their sh*t or what? They scrapping the 2 they have now for that one and WP7?
Right now Nokia is still supporting Symbian and probably will be their low end OS. Meego is their no.1 OS that they're trying to develop for the future. WP7 will also come along at the end of the year or the beginning of next year so they'll be utilizing 3 OS's.
 7 years ago '04        #43
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 finishim said:
alright, respect your opinion, but I find it very positive
It's a positive for me..I tend to get bored sometimes and start taking off my battery door and putting it back on and continue to repeat that process Just a habit I've had when getting my first cell phone. I always have to be fidgeting with something. It's just one less thing to worry about to be honest. I've never had my iPhone fu*k up so badly to where It needed me to take out my battery and plug in the ribbon cable and turn it back on. My buddy on the other hand for his Droid 2, it would freeze constantly, he got a replacement, it did the same thing. I'd just rather have a phone that works and not deal with a hassle..I did like the Thunderbolt this chick got at my work though. It was pretty nice.
 7 years ago '10        #44
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,992 | Props total: 5679 5679
 Y.G. said:
I don't see how it's a positive. I can see how it's not a negative to some people, but I can't understand how it could be seen as a plus. If you think that, cool.
It's a positive to me because I like the physical look of the phone case being void of contact lines and I like the solid feel of a sealed battery. Feels more high quality. Used to hate when my old phone's battery back would accidently unsnap.

The 2 biggest reasons I like the iPhone is the excellent battery life and the physical look of the case. Otherwise I'd consider an Android.
 7 years ago '07        #45
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
geez-a-lou

let's all be friends.

tacos for everyone!!!!
 7 years ago '06        #46
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
everyone is going to have their own preference. honestly i used to be big on apple but thats because i never gave android a chance.
im just one of those users that loves to have full control of my phone. and thats exactly what android allows me to do. its just my preferences thats all
android >>
 7 years ago '09        #47
sosyn 
space
space
$590 | Props total: 4 4
 Dangerously said:
This is the kind of childish behavior that makes people hate Android users. Period. Most iOS users here have pretty much said that they would switch to Android or have recognized Android as having a great OS and

you
still
keep
being
f*ggots about it.

Personally, I'll never give Android props on Boxden anymore because you dweebs take it as if I'm personally conceding to you. You act as if you have spent hours developing and writing code specifically for Google. Android isn't all Roses and Chamomile, go check XDA and see what they have to say about the I/O version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or the Xoom

I don't understand why you act as if iOS came along like Windows Phone and deliberately restricted and underspeced their phones. Android wouldn't exist if Apple didn't create the iPhone, period. I don't understand why we can't work together to create a knowledge base among consumer electronics users to make informed decisions on products instead of having these f*ggoty fanboy wars about what is better.

They're caking off of us, period. Why are we flying a flag for someone who doesn't give a sh*t about who we are unless we have money in hand?

And I swear if I see that obese robot one more time I'm going to lose it.
:agreement6::celebrate0: Thank You
 7 years ago '05        #48
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
 FrankAndBeans said:
It's a positive to me because I like the physical look of the phone case being void of contact lines and I like the solid feel of a sealed battery. Feels more high quality. Used to hate when my old phone's battery back would accidently unsnap.

The 2 biggest reasons I like the iPhone is the excellent battery life and the physical look of the case. Otherwise I'd consider an Android.
You're talking about an aesthetic advantage, which is just opinion. I still don't see the technical advantage in not being able to access your battery easily. All batteries lose their charge. All. I don't care how good people think the iPhone's battery is, it will eventually lose it's charge also. If you're going to keep the phone for the life of your contract, you'll need to replace the battery.

I don't see this as a positive for the average user.
 7 years ago '10        #49
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,992 | Props total: 5679 5679
 Y.G. said:
You're talking about an aesthetic advantage, which is just opinion. I still don't see the technical advantage in not being able to access your battery easily. All batteries lose their charge. All. I don't care how good people think the iPhone's battery is, it will eventually lose it's charge also. If you're going to keep the phone for the life of your contract, you'll need to replace the battery.

I don't see this as a positive for the average user.
I think everyone knows that all batteries lose their charge. No one thinks the iPhone's battery is magic.

The aesthetic advantage of a sealed battery to me is far more important than the functional advantage of being able to remove your battery. I have never and will never buy a replacement battery for my cell phone. Never....in all my years of cell phone use. And I don't know of ANYONE who has replaced their cell phone battery. Ever. NO ONE.

I used to hate opening up the battery cover to get the memory card out of my old phones and find the whole compartment is full of dust and dirt. Also, whenever I seen a non-sealed battery phone hit the ground it always breaks into no less than 4 pieces.

I think the "average user" replaces their phone far before their battery needs replacement. The iPhone battery loses 20% of its battery life after about 400 complete cycles. So even after about 2 years of use, you still get a decent charge out of it. I think the "average smartphone user" will have upgraded by then.

My ancient iPod still plays for a LONG time and I've had that thing for more than a couple years.

Last edited by FrankAndBeans; 05-20-2011 at 08:54 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #50
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
the most important feature is being able to download music/rar files/zip files through the web browser and add them to your library without the need for a computer to update your library

iphone is way to reliant on a computer for that kinda sh*t thats why i could never get one im not around a computer 24/7
 7 years ago '05        #51
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 famoussasjohn said:
different FW number, true, but is the same in every way for the AT&T iPhone.

One is just built for the iPhone 4 on Verizon and one is built for the iPhone on AT&T. Verizon iPhone came out with 4.2.5 or something like that while the AT&T version was on 4.2.1 or 4.2.2
It's not the same in every way, IE - the case from an i4 on ATT wont fit the i$ on Verizon...

secondly, what about the ppl who havent updated? what abt the ppl who have jail-broke? They fragment the iPhone too, granted not as bad as android is (Im the first to admit it, hopefully this consortium fixes it), but there is still fragmentation...

I'm just tryin to make a point, how everyone says andoid users are fanboys, when all I do (cant speak for everyone), is state facts about both OS's, while a majority of iSheep just blindly hate...

Im not trying to convert anyone, and non-technical ppl SHOULD use the iPhone IMO, however for technical ppl, android >>>>
 7 years ago '05        #52
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,637 | Props total: 13716 13716
 FrankAndBeans said:
I think everyone knows that all batteries lose their charge. No one thinks the iPhone's battery is magic.

The aesthetic advantage of a sealed battery to me is far more important than the functional advantage of being able to remove your battery. I have never and will never buy a replacement battery for my cell phone. Never....in all my years of cell phone use. And I don't know of ANYONE who has replaced their cell phone battery. Ever. NO ONE.

I used to hate opening up the battery cover to get the memory card out of my old phones and find the whole compartment is full of dust and dirt. Also, whenever I seen a non-sealed battery phone hit the ground it always breaks into no less than 4 pieces.

I think the "average user" replaces their phone far before their battery needs replacement. The iPhone battery loses 20% of its battery life after about 400 complete cycles. So even after about 2 years of use, you still get a decent charge out of it. I think the "average smartphone user" will have upgraded by then.

My ancient iPod still plays for a LONG time and I've had that thing for more than a couple years.
Sorry breh, I'm talkin to people who think the sealed battery is an actual technical advantage. Not those who think it looks pretty. Respect your opinion, but it's not I'm tryin to hear it.

And the average user doesn't buy a phone out of contract. So yes, it will be a time when your cellphone battery (regardless of brand), in that 2 year span, will lose it's charge.
 7 years ago '04        #53
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Bleezy said:
geez-a-lou

let's all be friends.

tacos for everyone!!!!
link?
 7 years ago '05        #54
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
Yo, where the fu*k them tacos at

7 years ago '04        #55
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
Did someone say TACOS!?
 7 years ago '10        #56
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
damn the thread starter pointed out 10 things the iphone don't have
and iphone users still think the iphone is better
 7 years ago '04        #57
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 rdrake said:
damn the thread starter pointed out 10 things the iphone don't have
and iphone users still think the iphone is better
Nobody said it was better, they said that they preferred it. Big difference.
 7 years ago '98        #58
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,191 | Props total: 3571 3571
Gonna get rid of my blackberry soon and an an android powered phone. Probably that nexus S.
 7 years ago '04        #59
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
 I AM LEGEND said:
Nobody said it was better, they said that they preferred it. Big difference.
If you prefer something then you think it's better. Why get something that you don't prefer or think is better
 7 years ago '04        #60
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 fat_boyy21 said:
If you prefer something then you think it's better. Why get something that you don't prefer or think is better
I think the Android OS is better, but for me I like the iPhone and iOS. The reason I have an iPhone is because I think it's a better MP3 player, it does everything I need it to do, it runs smooth out the box, and I think it's the best looking phone out. The Galaxy S II (to name one) is still a better phone when compared side by side. I prefer the Xbox 360, but I know that the PS3 is a better console. The specs will tell you that. There's a bunch of people who know Android and Apple have better phones than Blackberries, but stick with their BB for what the do well such as pushing emails to the phone fast as fu*k.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 05-20-2011 at 03:44 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
83 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
135 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy