10 best Android features that the iPhone lacks

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
75 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is the best
Android 134 69.79%
Apple 51 26.56%
Rim 7 3.65%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #21
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,750 | Props total: 13137 13137
im gonna lose it if i dont get netflix on my xoom soon
 7 years ago '04        #22
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
 finishim said:
funny thing is a lot of iPhone users could care less about half this stuff
so you like browsing on mobile web pages? I could see going without 3, 9, and 10 but the others are all great features.
 7 years ago '04        #23
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
Non fragmented OS......chalk it up for a win for iOS
 7 years ago '05        #24
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 Dangerously said:
This is the kind of childish behavior that makes people hate Android users. Period. Most iOS users here have pretty much said that they would switch to Android or have recognized Android as having a great OS and

you
still
keep
being
f*ggots about it.

Personally, I'll never give Android props on Boxden anymore because you dweebs take it as if I'm personally conceding to you. You act as if you have spent hours developing and writing code specifically for Google. Android isn't all Roses and Chamomile, go check XDA and see what they have to say about the I/O version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or the Xoom

I don't understand why you act as if iOS came along like Windows Phone and deliberately restricted and underspeced their phones. Android wouldn't exist if Apple didn't create the iPhone, period. I don't understand why we can't work together to create a knowledge base among consumer electronics users to make informed decisions on products instead of having these f*ggoty fanboy wars about what is better.

They're caking off of us, period. Why are we flying a flag for someone who doesn't give a sh*t about who we are unless we have money in hand?

And I swear if I see that obese robot one more time I'm going to lose it.
Holy sh*t you mad...

[pic - click to view]

05-19-2011, 06:48 PM         #25
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
Does it really bother you that much what phone the person next to you is using. Maybe Andriod should work on smaller things like getting a Netflix app to work on more than just a handful of phones.
Ummm sorry to break it to u, but that's Netflix's problem not Android
 7 years ago '05        #26
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 hockeythug said:
umm, so every single user is using the same exact OS? cause Verizons iPhone has a diff iOS than ATT's, and not mentiuoning ppl who havent updated, and people who jailbreak their sh*t

android users = as*holes cause they speak the truth

iphone user = victims, cause they say rediculous sh*t like that...

you poor sheep

Last edited by .Hafestos.; 05-19-2011 at 06:58 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #27
space
space
 hockeythug said:
are we really gonna act like the iphone 3g has all the same features as the iphone 4. this article is from back in september, but it's just to give you an idea.

7 years ago '05        #28
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,960 | Props total: 10882 10882
 fat_boyy21 said:
I'm with you on staying gsm. and i cant wait to see what nokia does with the windows os on their phones. all of this competition is gonna make some really good products turn up
Don't forget about the new OS that nokia is working on called Meego. Theirs already a leaked article about the nokia N9. It looks promising. It supports flash and all kinds of sh*t. Yeah I think windows will be cool, but Meego will be waaaaaay better!
 7 years ago '05        #29
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Sivraj said:
Don't forget about the new OS that nokia is working on called Meego. Theirs already a leaked article about the nokia N9. It looks promising. It supports flash and all kinds of sh*t. Yeah I think windows will be cool, but Meego will be waaaaaay better!
So Nokia gone have 4 diff OS on their sh*t or what? They scrapping the 2 they have now for that one and WP7?
 7 years ago '04        #30
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 fat_boyy21 said:
are we really gonna act like the iphone 3g has all the same features as the iphone 4. this article is from back in september, but it's just to give you an idea.

people on that forum even agree.

The funny part is my iPod touch from 2008 runs iOS 4.1 without jumping through hoops, while my 2010 HTC Legend still hasn't been updated to Android 2.2.
 7 years ago '05        #31
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 hockeythug said:
and?

android 2.1 > iOS 4.1

I dont even know why I posted that tho, I mean, its true, but fanboys gonna get so pissed...
 7 years ago '04        #32
space
space
 hockeythug said:
you're missing the point. i never said android doesn't have fragmentation, Im just pointing out that ios is also fragmented.
 7 years ago '04        #33
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 finishim said:
funny thing is a lot of iPhone users could care less about half this stuff
You might have something there. The only thing I liked when I had an Android handset was the customization options. I don't care about removing my battery to replace it with an extended battery because the stock one can't hold it's own out of the box. Nor do I care about being able to overclock my phone when my phone's performance is fine out of the box. All those advantages are great with android but to me battery issues trump all of that, but that's just me and I'm not speaking for anyone else.

Dangerously is spot on with what he says, Android is around because of iOS, and despite it being the better platform(yes it is still the better OS) it would get crushed if the iPhone was on all carriers. A lot of people, jumped on Android phones because they were the alternative. Either they hated Apple, wanted to be different or the iPhone wasn't on their carrier of choice.

And there really are better features on Android devices that the iPhone doesn't have than this list provides.
 7 years ago '05        #34
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 I AM LEGEND said:
You might have something there. The only thing I liked when I had an Android handset was the customization options. I don't care about removing my battery to replace it with an extended battery because the stock one can't hold it's own out of the box. Nor do I care about being able to overclock my phone when my phone's performance is fine out of the box. All those advantages are great with android but to me battery issues trump all of that, but that's just me and I'm not speaking for anyone else.

Dangerously is spot on with what he says, Android is around because of iOS, and despite it being the better platform(yes it is still the better OS) it would get crushed if the iPhone was on all carriers. A lot of people, jumped on Android phones because they were the alternative. Either they hated Apple, wanted to be different or the iPhone wasn't on their carrier of choice.

And there really are better features on Android devices that the iPhone doesn't have than this list provides.
I'm sorry, but Apple is dumb for not letting you swap out the battery . What happens when your battery no longer holds and decent charge (and all batteries do this eventually) and you need a new one? If it's out of warranty, you have to go through the hassle of disassembling the phone just to put in a new battery. The average customer won't even know how to do this, so they'll end up taking it to an Apple store and getting charged $80.
 7 years ago '04        #35
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Y.G. said:
I'm sorry, but Apple is dumb for not letting you swap out the battery . What happens when your battery no longer holds and decent charge (and all batteries do this eventually) and you need a new one? If it's out of warranty, you have to go through the hassle of disassembling the phone just to put in a new battery. The average customer won't even know how to do this, so they'll end up taking it to an Apple store and getting charged $80.
I respect your opinion, but everything I stated is coming from my personal opinion and not fact. Personally I don't keep a cell phone more than a calendar year so that's not important to me. I'm not even saying it's not a plus, I'm saying that it doesn't matter to me. It was an advantage when I had my Evo though, sometimes that was the only way I could reboot it when it froze up on me.
 7 years ago '04        #36
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Y.G. said:
well that might come up for the average customer, otherwise they could purchase apple care for 60 after the first year of protection that comes with it, and get a new iPhone anytime they have the slightest problem, as apple always does

and if you have you're iPhone long enough for the battery to start messing up it's time for an upgrade anyways, my friend has my 3G and still gets great life
 7 years ago '05        #37
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 I AM LEGEND said:
I respect your opinion, but everything I stated is coming from my personal opinion and not fact. Personally I don't keep a cell phone more than a calendar year so that's not important to me. I'm not even saying it's not a plus, I'm saying that it doesn't matter to me. It was an advantage when I had my Evo though, sometimes that was the only way I could reboot it when it froze up on me.
I understand, for us, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But I know older people with iPhones that would be the first in line at the Apple store to get a new battery. They're the types that keep phones for a little while.

finishim said:
well that might come up for the average customer, otherwise they could purchase apple care for 60 after the first year of protection that comes with it, and get a new iPhone anytime they have the slightest problem, as apple always does

and if you have you're iPhone long enough for the battery to start messing up it's time for an upgrade anyways, my friend has my 3G and still gets great life
Not all batteries are the same, not everyone charges their phone properly. Regardless of what you say, this is not a positive feature for the iPhone. There's no reason for it.
 7 years ago '04        #38
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Y.G. said:
I understand, for us, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But I know older people with iPhones that would be the first in line at the Apple store to get a new battery. They're the types that keep phones for a little while.

Not all batteries are the same, not everyone charges their phone properly. Regardless of what you say, this is not a positive feature for the iPhone. There's no reason for it.
alright, respect your opinion, but I find it very positive
 7 years ago '05        #39
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 finishim said:
alright, respect your opinion, but I find it very positive
I don't see how it's a positive. I can see how it's not a negative to some people, but I can't understand how it could be seen as a plus. If you think that, cool.
 7 years ago '09        #40
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,424 | Props total: 12367 12367
Wait, so you mean to tell me the Windows phones arent as good as the droid or iOS? Which is the best then? I've been living under a rock I guess, I need to know so my next phone purchase wont have me pissed for years or minutes because I got the wrong TV silly head
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy