NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is the best
Android 134 69.79%
Apple 51 26.56%
Rim 7 3.65%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #261
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
 Shawn James said:
seems like i'm pretty late on this but i've had the first iphone, a few blackberries and now i have the atrix. In my opinion RIM is the worst, by a lot. It's not even close.

I know iphone 4 is different from the first iphone but whenever my friinds get updates on their phones it's stuff that's so minor it seems pointless. I loved my iphone but just felt limited, then i felt more limited when i got my blackberry bold.

Now I got a droid and it's like I can do whatever I want. the diff roms I can download, downloading apps outside the "market". flash, launcher pro, all the widgets (ya they are battery k!llers but they are worth it). I actually get excited when I find something on my phone i didn't know that I could do.

oh well I don't argue with anyone about what phone they should or shouldn't get. Im sure me telling one of my friends that he was dumb for buying a iphone for and spending 100plus on it a month wouldn't get a good reaction so whatever.
you just made one of the best posts i've seen on this forum. but not many people have experience with rim, ios, and anroid. it's usually one or maybe 2, that's why there is so much f!ghting.
 7 years ago '06        #262
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,216 | Props total: 31 31
why windows7 not in the poll?
 7 years ago '04        #263
space
space
 RalphLaurenJR said:
why windows7 not in the poll?
I didn't include it because the Nokia version isn't out till next year.
 7 years ago '04        #264
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
After months attempting to bring the Desire up to speed with Android 2.3, HTC is throwing in the towel, and it doesn't have much more than a comments section full of disappointed handset owners to show for it. The UK branch of the phone manufacturer announced via its Facebook page that attempts to upgrade the Nexus One-esque smartphone to Gingerbread have proven fruitless, due to a lack of internal memory on the device. According to the company, the promised update just won't play nicely with its Sense UI. Those desiring less official methods can always check out the leaked 2.3.3 ROM. Everyone else will have to suffer through the Froyo brain freeze.

7 years ago '05        #265
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 hockeythug said:

How's iOS5 run on a iPhone 3g? I'd imagine its really good...

7 years ago '04        #266
space
space
 hockeythug said:

The desire is the same phone as the nexus one and that runs gingerbread. I'd say HTC just doesnt want to develop for it anymore
 7 years ago '05        #267
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 fat_boyy21 said:
The desire is the same phone as the nexus one and that runs gingerbread. I'd say HTC just doesnt want to develop for it anymore
The Desire actually has more memory

the big thing were forgetting is how much more resources all that sense stuff uses...sh*ts too fresh tho, I dont know if I'll ever get rid of it again...

Last edited by .Hafestos.; 06-14-2011 at 08:43 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #268
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Bunch of bullsh*t nobody cares about

Congrats geek
 7 years ago '04        #269
space
space
 INF4MOUS said:
Bunch of bullsh*t nobody cares about

Congrats geek

7 years ago '06        #270
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
 Shawn James said:
seems like i'm pretty late on this but i've had the first iphone, a few blackberries and now i have the atrix. In my opinion RIM is the worst, by a lot. It's not even close.

I know iphone 4 is different from the first iphone but whenever my friinds get updates on their phones it's stuff that's so minor it seems pointless. I loved my iphone but just felt limited, then i felt more limited when i got my blackberry bold.

Now I got a droid and it's like I can do whatever I want. the diff roms I can download, downloading apps outside the "market". flash, launcher pro, all the widgets (ya they are battery k!llers but they are worth it). I actually get excited when I find something on my phone i didn't know that I could do.

oh well I don't argue with anyone about what phone they should or shouldn't get. Im sure me telling one of my friends that he was dumb for buying a iphone for and spending 100plus on it a month wouldn't get a good reaction so whatever.
exactly why i left my iphone 4.
felt so dam limited. dont get me wrong its a good phone, great camera by far, good battery. but its so dam plain. my captivate blows it away with all the features it has.

galaxy 2 is gonna be even better, thats the phone im getting.
 7 years ago '07        #271
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,536 | Props total: 43710 43710
i think the android OS is great but i just cant get down with their app selection and the watered down quality of their apps compared to apples. even the the apps that are on both markets, the apple one will have features the android one doesn't.

the one major thing i like about android is their customization abilites and widgets.

but overall i feel IP4 & ios4 are the best available.
 7 years ago '04        #272
space
space
 ST21 said:
i think the android OS is great but i just cant get down with their app selection and the watered down quality of their apps compared to apples. even the the apps that are on both markets, the apple one will have features the android one doesn't.

the one major thing i like about android is their customization abilites and widgets.

but overall i feel IP4 & ios4 are the best available.
that's a fair point, but can you give some examples. I know that google maps and google voice arent as good on the iphone as they are on android devices so it does go both ways.
 06-20-2011, 08:46 AM         #273
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fat_boyy21 said:
No, the problem is that the Desire runs Sense and the Nexus One does not. Stock Android OS will always be more efficient and smoother than the custom UI's companies add to the phones. CM7 is running just fine on the Desire and it is stock Gingerbread with additional features added.

This is the reason why some people use custom roms. For instance my T-mobile G2 comes with stock Android OS Froyo. I am currently running CM7 Gingerbread on it. If I wanted to I can run Sense or MIUI. That is the flexibility of Android OS. You can buy the most powerful phone out even if you do not like the default interface because you can always change it. Less limitations this way.

HTC will not release stock Gingerbread on the Desire because people who bought the phone, bought it with Sense. Most people actually use the interface that comes with the phone. If HTC releases an upgrade that removes Sense, people will complain. So no Sense for the Desire.
 6 years ago '11        #274
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
Jailbreaking gives you the ability to get apps outside the App Store ("Market") and ability to get many free apps...

And it's 100x easier then flashing your phone with a ROM.
 6 years ago '05        #275
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 legendisdope said:
ONLY thing iphone got is the apps.. but really whos playin games on their phone all day like that?? this why i carry a gaming laptop to work lol..

anyone want to buy an iphone 4 16gb with gevey sim??..
whats gevey sim? and how much we talkin here?
 6 years ago '05        #276
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 PTC said:
Jailbreaking gives you the ability to get apps outside the App Store ("Market") and ability to get many free apps...

And it's 100x easier then flashing your phone with a ROM.
That's like comparing a tune up to a engine swap

and its 100x easier to get outside apps on android, seeing how it natively allows you to (once you check a setting)
 6 years ago '11        #277
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 .Hafestos. said:
That's like comparing a tune up to a engine swap

and its 100x easier to get outside apps on android, seeing how it natively allows you to (once you check a setting)
Ok? What's your point other than catchin feelings?
 6 years ago '05        #278
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 PTC said:
Ok? What's your point other than catchin feelings?
Just pointing out a stupid comment
 6 years ago '04        #279
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
So we're gonna act like Android apps don't have viruses?
 06-20-2011, 02:17 PM         #280
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jeehtoven said:
So we're gonna act like Android apps don't have viruses?
It is an open source market with mostly free apps. That is the price you pay. For the record, a very small percentage of users have been infected by viruses. I have never had a virus on my Android phones and I do not use any type of antivirus software on it. Google fixed the problem very fast and it has not occurred again.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy