most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is the best
Android 134 69.79%
Apple 51 26.56%
Rim 7 3.65%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #221
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 Y.G. said:
Obviously you fall in the category of not properly maintaining your battery.
I was gonna say, thats how you k!ll your battery faster...

properly maintaining it is fully charging/fully discharging

but I got a buddy with the first iPhone and he still uses it on the original battery, and a buddy with a 4 year old iPod with the same battery, and my 3g iPhones battery was still good...fu*kin wifi died in it though

7 years ago '05        #222
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Y.G. said:
Who is talking about Android? I've already proven that "batteries are always free" statement as false. A replacement is only free under warranty. After that it's $80. Why are you trying to dispute that? Why do you keep trying to lie? Why are you such a fanboy? Do you hold stock in the comapny?
and your warranty is null and void once you make your phone comparable to an android

7 years ago '04        #223
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Y.G. said:
If the battery is not properly maintained, you will need a replacement a 2-year time span. Period.
Maybe on an Android device because some of them seem to drain the battery faster, but not on any other cellphone that doesn't k!ll your battery. Not properly maintained? You would have to purposely abuse it and even then I doubt it would happen. Losing capacity is one thing, replacing the battery is another.
 7 years ago '05        #224
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13779 13779
 I AM LEGEND said:
Maybe on an Android device because some of them seem to drain the battery faster, but not on any other cellphone that doesn't k!ll your battery. Not properly maintained? You would have to purposely abuse it and even then I doubt it would happen. Losing capacity is one thing, replacing the battery is another.
Any device using a battery can experience this, don't be thick. And all you have to do to improperly maintain your battery, for example, is to let it charge to full capacity, take it off the charger, drain it to 92% capacity and put it back on the charger. That will reduce the life of the battery significantly.

Last edited by Y.G.; 05-22-2011 at 12:53 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #225
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 .Hafestos. said:
I was gonna say, thats how you k!ll your battery faster...

properly maintaining it is fully charging/fully discharging

but I got a buddy with the first iPhone and he still uses it on the original battery, and a buddy with a 4 year old iPod with the same battery, and my 3g iPhones battery was still good...fu*kin wifi died in it though

Somebody with commonsense. Doesn't seem to be too common among the Apple crowd.
 05-22-2011, 02:35 PM         #226
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've never had to replace a battery on my iPhone, but I've upgraded to each version of the iPhone so I've never kept it long enough to really see a problem. I remember I used to use the hell out of my first gen iPhone and after a year it wouldn't hold a charge over 3 hours. I took it to the Apple store and they swapped out the battery for me because I was under warranty and I wasn't a d!ck about it.

I personally understand why people would want to swap batteries, but I've never had a need for it. I tend to think having a removable battery is the manufacturers way of using a cheap or low capacity battery in your device.

I do believe Apple's motive to keeping the battery inside was a design matter and they also wanted to keep people coming into the Apple Store. This is just another in a long line of things that people have to consider when they buy a phone. I don't think you should have to or need to have a second battery just like I don't think you should have to have several SD cards. Other people might like that better.
 05-22-2011, 02:47 PM         #227
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
Like I posted early, it's stupid for Apple to not allow you to easily swap out your own battery.

So now being able to swap out a battery easily is extra?
 Y.G. said:
As I said before, if you keep a phone for the life of the contract (the average does) you'll need to replace the battery. Period. iPhones don't have magic batteries.

In the same post about the magical battery of the iPhone and how iPhone users won't ever have to swap a battery, you made a reference to "extra sh*t." You can see how one would relate the two topics.

Typical Android user? Little boy, speak what you know. I'll be back to my real preference, Blackberry, once they come out with a phone similar in specs to their tablet. I don't pledge allegiance to these companies like you do.
Now as a Blackberry user, you should know better than to talk about magical batteries like it's not possible. Blackberries can go for days without needing a charge and a couple years without needing to be replaced. A couple BB owners I know don't have second batteries so they don't "have" to swap batteries.

Now, touchscreens and the faster processors of Android will make people want to swap batteries after surfing a few flash sites or watching a few 1080p videos and that's fine. However, I personally have had less than four instances where I've been stuck with my iPhone wishing i could swap out the battery. That's pretty remarkable over the last four models of iPhones.

I can't speak on keeping my phone for the length of my contract, recession be damned *knock on wood* I've never had to do that. But I'm positive that if you kept your phone all two years, there's a good chance you may need to replace your battery. But the Power users upgrade often and sell often, so they don't really experience many problems with battery life.

I keep my iPhone on high brightness and use 3G all over the damn place, so you know my battery gets a workout.
 7 years ago '10        #228
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,011 | Props total: 5751 5751
iPhone 4 glass and metal masterpiece > plastic devices. They all about equal in performance.
 7 years ago '04        #229
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Y.G. said:
Who is talking about Android? I've already proven that "batteries are always free" statement as false. A replacement is only free under warranty. After that it's $80. Why are you trying to dispute that? Why do you keep trying to lie? Why are you such a fanboy? Do you hold stock in the comapny?
the warranty for two years is $60 and a one year warranty comes with the phone therefore if it goes bad in the first year, it's free, if it's after then u pay $60 for virtually a new phone, now, how much does a replacement battery for say an Evo cost? about 50 bucks and that's only for a battery, there isn't a comparison here man just drop it already
 7 years ago '05        #230
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Dangerously said:
Now as a Blackberry user, you should know better than to talk about magical batteries like it's not possible. Blackberries can go for days without needing a charge and a couple years without needing to be replaced. A couple BB owners I know don't have second batteries so they don't "have" to swap batteries.

Now, touchscreens and the faster processors of Android will make people want to swap batteries after surfing a few flash sites or watching a few 1080p videos and that's fine. However, I personally have had less than four instances where I've been stuck with my iPhone wishing i could swap out the battery. That's pretty remarkable over the last four models of iPhones.

I can't speak on keeping my phone for the length of my contract, recession be damned *knock on wood* I've never had to do that. But I'm positive that if you kept your phone all two years, there's a good chance you may need to replace your battery. But the Power users upgrade often and sell often, so they don't really experience many problems with battery life.

I keep my iPhone on high brightness and use 3G all over the damn place, so you know my battery gets a workout.
That what was my point. And I believe Android's battery issues lie with the OS.
 7 years ago '05        #231
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 finishim said:
the warranty for two years is $60 and a one year warranty comes with the phone therefore if it goes bad in the first year, it's free, if it's after then u pay $60 for virtually a new phone, now, how much does a replacement battery for say an Evo cost? about 50 bucks and that's only for a battery, there isn't a comparison here man just drop it already
How many people buy an extended warranty on anything? You're grasping at air here dude.

$50 for a battery? More lies from you. Try $15 from Amazon shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Standard-Battery-CDMA/dp/B002ZG7T42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306102306&sr=8-1
 7 years ago '04        #232
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Y.G. said:
That what was my point. And I believe Android's battery issues lie with the OS.
ofcourse it does man with the flash, the multitasking, the humongous screens, etc
 7 years ago '05        #233
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Dangerously said:
Now as a Blackberry user, you should know better than to talk about magical batteries like it's not possible. Blackberries can go for days without needing a charge and a couple years without needing to be replaced. .
My BB battery was diesel, sh*t would last forever, then it got ran over

7 years ago '05        #234
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 .Hafestos. said:

7 years ago '04        #235
space
space
 Y.G. said:
How many people buy an extended warranty on anything? You're grasping at air here dude.

$50 for a battery? More lies from you. Try $15 from Amazon shipped.

Maybe he was talking about the extended joints. Those run $50 at the Verizon store.
 7 years ago '05        #236
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 46 46
 VictoryThagr8 said:
well my ipod touch 4g barely drop on the ground and now there is a big a.ss crack on my phone. The first generenation ipod touch over heated and had a big burn in on the screen.

My Epic 4g has been drop way more and i still have no crack on it.
cool.

I AM LEGEND said:
the way you properly maintain a rechargeable battery is to let it die completely before you place it on a charger

that's true whether it's a cordless phone, cordless drill, AA batteries, a Nintendo DS, an Evo, or an iPhone

I AM LEGEND said:
Maybe he was talking about the extended joints. Those run $50 at the Verizon store.
a girl i know bought an extended battery for her Evo from eBay for $10

she charges it once every two days
 05-22-2011, 07:06 PM         #237
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .Hafestos. said:

05-22-2011, 07:23 PM         #238
GrimeyGod 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

enough said here!
 05-22-2011, 07:28 PM         #239
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrimeyGod said:

[pic - click to view]

enough said here!
@ the Light Saber. fu*king geeks.
 7 years ago '04        #240
space
space
 daliff89 said:

a girl i know bought an extended battery for her Evo from eBay for $10

she charges it once every two days
I said the Verizon store, not eBay. I'm not acting like they can't be found cheaper, I'm just trying to rationalize dude's "$50 Battery" statement.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy