10 best Android features that the iPhone lacks

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which is the best
Android 134 69.79%
Apple 51 26.56%
Rim 7 3.65%
Voters: 192. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #201
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,661 | Props total: 13780 13780
 finishim said:
like i posted earlier, there is no need whatsoever for this, the batteries apple uses on their devices are superior to most if not all in the handheld market, they rarely if ever go bad and if they do you bring it in and they give you a brand new phone

and this sh*t really does get old, iphone users say they dont need certain things and android fans get mad, its not like were saying the iphone is better, we just dont need all that exta sh*t, and if we do, in most cases we can jailbreak and add it, its not that big of a deal
Like I posted early, it's stupid for Apple to not allow you to easily swap out your own battery.

So now being able to swap out a battery easily is extra?
 7 years ago '04        #202
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323 OP
space
space
$9,574 | Props total: 2718 2718
 SuL2K12 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #203
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,713 | Props total: 752 752
 SuL2K12 said:

[pic - click to view]

fat_boyy21 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #205
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Y.G. said:
Like I posted early, it's stupid for Apple to not allow you to easily swap out your own battery.

So now being able to swap out a battery easily is extra?
there's no need to swap an iPhone battery, iOS is not an unstable platform and not put on an unstable phone where you would need to, now you're just arguing to argue, typical android user, and I never referred to it as an extra fool
 7 years ago '05        #206
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 finishim said:
there's no need to swap an iPhone battery, iOS is not an unstable platform and not put on an unstable phone where you would need to, now you're just arguing to argue, typical android user, and I never referred to it as an extra fool
As I said before, if you keep a phone for the life of the contract (the average does) you'll need to replace the battery. Period. iPhones don't have magic batteries.

In the same post about the magical battery of the iPhone and how iPhone users won't ever have to swap a battery, you made a reference to "extra sh*t." You can see how one would relate the two topics.

Typical Android user? Little boy, speak what you know. I'll be back to my real preference, Blackberry, once they come out with a phone similar in specs to their tablet. I don't pledge allegiance to these companies like you do.
 05-22-2011, 01:17 AM         #207
gilbydakid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 finishim said:
like i posted earlier, there is no need whatsoever for this, the batteries apple uses on their devices are superior to most if not all in the handheld market, they rarely if ever go bad and if they do you bring it in and they give you a brand new phone

and this sh*t really does get old, iphone users say they dont need certain things and android fans get mad, its not like were saying the iphone is better, we just dont need all that exta sh*t, and if we do, in most cases we can jailbreak and add it, its not that big of a deal
so if this is the case why are there atleast 3 companies that sell kits to take apart the iphone and ipod for battery replacement.

if the ibattery is as good as you claim it to be these companies wouldnt find it profitable to create said product but yet they do.

and i have had to replace the batteries on my ipod classic and ipod touch 1.5 yr old when that battery needed replacement.
 7 years ago '04        #208
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
I use my iPhone mainly because iTunes is amazing to organize my music with playlists, iUniversity, and Podcasts.
 7 years ago '04        #209
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Y.G. said:
As I said before, if you keep a phone for the life of the contract (the average does) you'll need to replace the battery. Period. iPhones don't have magic batteries.
I kept my first generation iPhone for the life of the contract an never had a battery issue. A guy I work with just upgraded to an iP4 from a 3G that he had at launch, no battery issues. Come on man this is a reach. Phones be it Android or iOS aren't going to have a battery issue in a two year span unless there some kind of abnormal issue.
 7 years ago '04        #210
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,349 | Props total: 2787 2787
 daliff89 said:
no bullsh*t i washed my iPod Nano and the sh*t still functions to this day

still use it if i go running or when i cut the grass

Apple makes good products
well my ipod touch 4g barely drop on the ground and now there is a big a.ss crack on my phone. The first generenation ipod touch over heated and had a big burn in on the screen.

My Epic 4g has been drop way more and i still have no crack on it.
 7 years ago '04        #211
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 I AM LEGEND said:
I kept my first generation iPhone for the life of the contract an never had a battery issue. A guy I work with just upgraded to an iP4 from a 3G that he had at launch, no battery issues. Come on man this is a reach. Phones be it Android or iOS aren't going to have a battery issue in a two year span unless there some kind of abnormal issue.
thats my point but he's throwing out all kinds of hypotheticals, and if it does go bad, and u have an iPhone you get a new one for free if u bring it to an apple store so how this is a negative I don't have a clue but keep on believing it man I'm done with this one
 7 years ago '05        #212
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 I AM LEGEND said:
I'll repeat this one more time since you people seem to have a tough time understanding.

Y.G. said:

Charge Cycles

A properly maintained iPhone battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs.

[pic - click to view]

Source:
The average user does properly charge their phone. Apple also clearly states that the battery will be @ no more than 80% full capacity after 400 charges. You'll reach that well before the life of a 2-year contract just by charging your phone everyday. If you're one of those that takes/puts the phone off/on the charger multiple times before it fully charges, you'll lose your charge that much quicker. These are facts, not random findings about "dudes phones at the office."

Sorry to disappoint you out there that think that Apple has some type of mystical battery, it doesn't.
 7 years ago '05        #213
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 finishim said:
thats my point but he's throwing out all kinds of hypotheticals, and if it does go bad, and u have an iPhone you get a new one for free if u bring it to an apple store so how this is a negative I don't have a clue but keep on believing it man I'm done with this one
I didn't say it was a negative. I asked how it was a technical advantage, and not one person (other than the dude who thought it being pretty was an advantage) in here had an answer.
 7 years ago '10        #214
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,012 | Props total: 5752 5752
 Y.G. said:
Apple also clearly states that the battery will be @ no more than 80% full capacity after 400 charges. You'll reach that well before the life of a 2-year contract just by charging your phone everyday. If you're one of those that takes/puts the phone off/on the charger multiple times before it fully charges, you'll lose your charge that much quicker. These are facts, not random findings about "dudes phones at the office."

[pic - click to view]

Do you even understand what a FULL charge and discharge cycle is? Obviously you don't. Apple has estimated themselves that the average user will run through about 400 full charge and discharge cycles in 2 years. And taking your phone off/on the charger multiple times a day does not cause you to lose your charge quicker. It actually helps.
 7 years ago '04        #215
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 Y.G. said:
I'll repeat this one more time since you people seem to have a tough time understanding.

The average user does properly charge their phone. Apple also clearly states that the battery will be @ no more than 80% full capacity after 400 charges. You'll reach that well before the life of a 2-year contract just by charging your phone everyday. If you're one of those that takes/puts the phone off/on the charger multiple times before it fully charges, you'll lose your charge that much quicker. These are facts, not random findings about "dudes phones at the office."

Sorry to disappoint you out there that think that Apple has some type of mystical battery, it doesn't.
it's not dissappointing whatsoever, 80% on an iPhone is still more than most androids, and for the "average" user as you say, will they even notice? doubt it, and the bottom line is, replacing is free when u bring it in to apple so stop with this dead end argument not to mention there are plenty sleek cases that hold extra charge on your iPhone if you really need all that
 7 years ago '04        #216
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
 FrankAndBeans said:

[pic - click to view]

Do you even understand what a FULL charge and discharge cycle is? Obviously you don't. Apple has estimated themselves that the average user will run through about 400 full charge and discharge cycles in 2 years. And taking your phone off/on the charger multiple times a day does not cause you to lose your charge quicker. It actually helps.
thank you, wasn't in the mood for getting too techinical
 7 years ago '04        #217
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Y.G. said:

I heard you the first time, but that doesn't mean you're going to need to change your battery in two years. I'm not saying you won't lose capacity on the battery, I'm saying that you aren't likely to need to change batteries in a two year time span and it's a reach to use that as a reason to need to access your battery. I don't find anything wrong with either set up. I've just NEVER owned a cell phone that all of a sudden couldn't hold a charge and I had to replace the battery, and I doubt a lot of people have.
 7 years ago '05        #218
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 FrankAndBeans said:

[pic - click to view]

Obviously you fall in the category of not properly maintaining your battery.
 7 years ago '05        #219
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 finishim said:
it's not dissappointing whatsoever, 80% on an iPhone is still more than most androids, and for the "average" user as you say, will they even notice? doubt it, and the bottom line is, replacing is free when u bring it in to apple so stop with this dead end argument not to mention there are plenty sleek cases that hold extra charge on your iPhone if you really need all that
Who is talking about Android? I've already proven that "batteries are always free" statement as false. A replacement is only free under warranty. After that it's $80. Why are you trying to dispute that? Why do you keep trying to lie? Why are you such a fanboy? Do you hold stock in the comapny?

Last edited by Y.G.; 05-22-2011 at 12:39 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #220
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 I AM LEGEND said:
I heard you the first time, but that doesn't mean you're going to need to change your battery in two years. I'm not saying you won't lose capacity on the battery, I'm saying that you aren't likely to need to change batteries in a two year time span and it's a reach to use that as a reason to need to access your battery. I don't find anything wrong with either set up. I've just NEVER owned a cell phone that all of a sudden couldn't hold a charge and I had to replace the battery, and I doubt a lot of people have.
If the battery is not properly maintained, you will need a replacement a 2-year time span. Period.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago