May 18 - Katt Williams -- Hawking Is a 'Cripple with a Bad Idea'

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #201
kaderg911 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 0 0
 Ms_Krizzi_86 said:
AGAIN

Just because one denies or does not accept a higher being does not mean that - that person have no morals. People k!ll because they hate so and so. People have s3x without being married because they want to. Wrong, right, good, bad is a practical use for humans but all in all subjective thoughts. What is wrong to you will feel right to the next person. It has nothing to do with do what you want because there are no consequences.

Morals are subjective. Morals to you, in your religion is Sin, Sin is called "god's law". Which there is none, only man-made human constructs and social conditioning, written "laws" by man nothing by this "God".
i think most of the k!lling that goes down on this planet is "in the name of God"
some morals....
 7 years ago '10        #202
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8248 8248
I think alot of religious people confuse what God wants with what makes sense for humans. As a human being I would hope that a person would not want to walk up to me and blow my brains out for no reason. Also I would hope someone wouldn't walk into my house and steal everything I have. Or take my wife from me and be knocking her down. Now If I'm a King or a Pharaoh what better way to keep people from doing this than to say"God says you cant...."

The ten commandments if you look at them sound like something a man would write to protect his own interests
 7 years ago '09        #203
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,019 | Props total: 7802 7802
 Nautilus O said:
I think alot of religious people confuse what God wants with what makes sense for humans. As a human being I would hope that a person would not want to walk up to me and blow my brains out for no reason. Also I would hope someone wouldn't walk into my house and steal everything I have. Or take my wife from me and be knocking her down. Now If I'm a King or a Pharaoh what better way to keep people from doing this than to say"God says you cant...."

The ten commandments if you look at them sound like something a man would write to protect his own interests
*Pow* Right there, The whole thing is on point but I love the bold portion...PROPZ.
 05-19-2011, 01:30 PM         #204
JerseyLegend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ra1n said:
^ good answers

Question for believers: How can something immaterial exist outside of space, time, and number? What does the word supernatural even mean?
May I take a shot at that question, since apparently know has noticed this post.

Nautilus O said:
I agree with you to an extent, I believe life is the ultimate gift we have been given from god and that we should value that more than the idea of making it to heaven. As it is described by various religions, "Heaven" is a place of eternal joy and happiness. To me that sounds what we are hopeful for it to be. Instead of living your life to appease your religious group. Live life to enjoy it.

I used to think that I had to follow a Christian way of think to make it to "heaven" I've realized that if I treat my life like I only have one shot at it, I will be content when I die and my only duty to god is to appreciate life and treat others the right way, so if there is a heaven that's great, if not thats fine I've done what I wanted to do anyway.
It is not. We are not special. Nothing suggest that. We are no different than every(most) other life form on this planet. We have a beginning and an end. None of you believe plants go to heaven, and some of you would argue that animals don't even have 'souls'.

Now we are picking and choosing. Are you guys going to strictly live by his code, or take a chance because you think he will allow it? cause there are passages that suggest otherwise about you choosing to disobey. Again, now complexity has risen. What arises from this is infinite regression. Like the idiot a few pages back who thought he was smart in saying that whatever created god, is god.

I understand where you coming from, and I don't mind it.

bibbyboi said:
I'm actually agnostic because i have no clue if there is a god or not....The way i would answer this question is that there is no ultimate foundation for ethics right now anyway...The lack of a god doesn't inherently make life meaningless if you find some sort of personal meaning to life...I don't see why life NEEDS meaning anyway...Also preserving yourself is not superior to k!lling yourself unless you choose that it is...

I remember studying Kierkegaard very briefly and he, imo, had the best philosophy on believing in god...not enough for me to say that God definitely exists...but i can at least see where he's coming from...
The lack of god strips away this idea of an objective meaning to life. I can't think of any other objective view. However, life is subjective. If you want to think of it like this, the objective meaning of life is that every individual is the creator of their own perceived reality.

Maze 112 said:
But I KNOW with out a fu*king doubt God is real. You atheist crack me up.
Then please share the knowledge that ~7billion other people don't have access to.

Like Kobe said:
ppl believe in god because it's easier than accepting the fact that there's no fairy in the sky watching over their meaningless lives

ppl believe in the afterlife because they dont want to believe death is the end and life will go on without them

DaViLLe726 said:
Considering there were 7 million incarerated and or on parole in 2010? 85k is not a huge sample size. Come on your better and smarter than that.
His claim is too broad and does not take into account several factors including if they were innocent, what crime they were convicted of ect...
You've never taken statistics. The larger the sample size, the better. As a matter of fact, this is by faaaaar the biggest sample size I've ever came across. Most statistic studies come back with a sample size of a few thousand at most. You most likely don't even know what a sample size infers

Jayg36 said:
I never met somebody I could respect who who didn't believe in God
Well obviously if you never met an atheist/agnostic.
 7 years ago '05        #205
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
 Nautilus O said:

What does not dealing with idols...or keeping the Sabbath holy have to do with a man's own interests?
 7 years ago '05        #206
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 Nyse03 said:
What does not dealing with idols...or keeping the Sabbath holy have to do with a man's own interests?
good point
 7 years ago '05        #207
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 JerseyLegend said:
May I take a shot at that question, since apparently know has noticed this post.

It is not. We are not special. Nothing suggest that. We are no different than every(most) other life form on this planet. We have a beginning and an end. None of you believe plants go to heaven, and some of you would argue that animals don't even have 'souls'.

Now we are picking and choosing. Are you guys going to strictly live by his code, or take a chance because you think he will allow it? cause there are passages that suggest otherwise about you choosing to disobey. Again, now complexity has risen. What arises from this is infinite regression. Like the idiot a few pages back who thought he was smart in saying that whatever created god, is god.

I understand where you coming from, and I don't mind it.

The lack of god strips away this idea of an objective meaning to life. I can't think of any other objective view. However, life is subjective. If you want to think of it like this, the objective meaning of life is that every individual is the creator of their own perceived reality.

Then please share the knowledge that ~7billion other people don't have access to.

You've never taken statistics. The larger the sample size, the better. As a matter of fact, this is by faaaaar the biggest sample size I've ever came across. Most statistic studies come back with a sample size of a few thousand at most. You most likely don't even know what a sample size infers

Well obviously if you never met an atheist/agnostic.

in reply i have taken statistics at rutgers but regardless of the sample size we dont even have a source for this claim...i can post that there was a recent study of 85000 convicts and 150 believed in god with the other 84850 being athiest..but wheres my source?? stop sticking up for a guys claim when you doint even know if the claim is real and how the stats were reached.
 7 years ago '10        #208
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
 JerseyLegend said:
I see your points but I disagree on one thing, we are special. The reason I say this is because you just did something no other on this planet can do, conceptualize a thought and share it with others. That itself is enough to say you life is not meaningless. That's my argument against heaven though, if people do go to heaven everything else will too, that's why I struggle with the concept.

Nyse03 said:
Control, if you tell people do not praise other idols you are forcing them to pray to the god YOU believe in and as a result if they disobey you or "your" God, they can now be punished for their actions.

Keeping the sabbath holy is an easy one, by saying that you cant do anything on a whole day means that you can do nothing but focus on the information and religion YOUR leader or King is promoting. This ingrains the information even more in a person's mind.

Ten commandments are great if you are a rich powerful landowner not so much when you are a hungry poor servant.
 7 years ago '04        #209
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,222 | Props total: 2221 2221
 JerseyLegend said:

I agree..I do however get mesmerized by Zen Buddhism and Taoism...They have objective rules and don't really have a "god"...Of course you could twist it to say "the way" is like a god in Daoism but eh still good enough for me to consider it non theist..lol.....

Last edited by bibbyboi; 05-19-2011 at 03:28 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #210
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
i jut looked up kirk cameron cuz i didint who the fu*k he as and ir ealized he is a dumb a.ss actor like katt williams dum a.ss comedian a.ss

05-19-2011, 03:25 PM         #211
Haze_Reloaded  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I see Lucifer is sadly winning smh. God is real people.
 7 years ago '04        #212
Syko 
space
space
$166 | Props total: 0 0
If a god exist, that god doesn't give a fu*k about anything.
 7 years ago '04        #213
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
If God exists, he's a fu*king racist.

Look @ Africa.
 7 years ago '04        #214
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
"God reacts as he does in the Genesis fantasy because it's the only way he can react. He has nothing else in his locker. And that's because he was created by primitive, superstitious, desert-dwelling savages with no conception of civilization or reality as we understand it. If they found themselves in the modern world they would die of fright. Yet we still allow them to impose, from the grave, their laughably narrow and ignorant world view on the whole of human civilization. We must be insane. The argument for religious faith would be an insult to an ape, let alone a human being. So why is religion popular? Because it's easy to explain to idiots. Magic always is."
 05-20-2011, 12:15 AM         #215
Haze_Reloaded  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 silentmurder2 said:
"God reacts as he does in the Genesis fantasy because it's the only way he can react. He has nothing else in his locker. And that's because he was created by primitive, superstitious, desert-dwelling savages with no conception of civilization or reality as we understand it. If they found themselves in the modern world they would die of fright. Yet we still allow them to impose, from the grave, their laughably narrow and ignorant world view on the whole of human civilization. We must be insane. The argument for religious faith would be an insult to an ape, let alone a human being. So why is religion popular? Because it's easy to explain to idiots. Magic always is."
I can flip that on Atheist in so many ways.
 7 years ago '07        #216
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,922 | Props total: 86 86
 Maze 112 said:

Care to back up so a bold claim? Or should we take it by faith?
 7 years ago '04        #217
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
 Maze 112 said:
go for it
 7 years ago '05        #218
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1693 1693
Y'all still arguing, aha. Crazy. If y'all put your argumentative efforts into something more of value maybe we can actually start living in a better world.
 7 years ago '06        #219
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,462 | Props total: 2651 2651
 beast mode said:
oh thaaaat's right....the old "living outside the realm of time" argument sounds like you're living outside of the realm of reality. god can live outside of time but can't keep people from dying from hunger
oh thaaat's right, the ol "cause people are suffering on this earth so God must not be real" argument

What does that have to do with anything with God, people need to eat to live, and when there is not enough food in an area, people die... Thats how the rules of the world work... Just because you dont like the rules of the NBA, doesnt mean there isn't owner...
 7 years ago '10        #220
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
 datVAkid said:
oh thaaat's right, the ol "cause people are suffering on this earth so God must not be real" argument

What does that have to do with anything with God, people need to eat to live, and when there is not enough food in an area, people die... Thats how the rules of the world work... Just because you dont like the rules of the NBA, doesnt mean there isn't owner...
But depending on the religion you "follow", if you are doing all the things your god ask of you then that shouldn't be happening.

That's why people need to realize religion is a man made concept, and like any man made concept its imperfect because man made.

Everyone should have their own personal belief on what they feel about God wether they believe or not, don't feed into the nonsense that some of these people are out here spouting. Its ok to eat fish on Friday, growing a beard does not impress God, and eating Jesus's body and drinking his blood is downright retarded.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
184 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
51 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy