Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
69 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-18-2011, 07:36 PM         #81
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
look the traveler experiences 1 year

we on earth experience 22.37

light speed isnt measured from light, the time light experiences, its measured by earth time

a beam of light travels a light year by our time. a year on earth. so if we see 22.37 years. thats 22.37 light years. but since time slowed down for him. he only experiences 1 year of our time.

unless i am completely wrong about that. im damn sure tho. that a ligth year is how far light travels in the time it takes the earth to revolve around the sun, or a year on earth. not a year of time light experiences.

this is as simple as i can put my argument.

a light year is measured from earth. a person traveling at light speed experiences time dilation which means time slows down for him. so he only experiences a fraction of that time. but the distance is measured by our time. 20 light years is measured from earths time. not the new time that they experience traveling that fast.

they age slower. not the same rate. just because time changes and 1 year = 22 for us. thats irrelevant. you want to believe that 20 light years is from the person travelings experience. i dont believe that. its the experience from earth. just because his time changes doesnt mean ours does. he only percieves it as going really fast because he is moving so slow. he is traveling through time you could say, not us. 20 light years is 20 years on earth. for light its less then a year according to that math you provided

so a person traveling round trip 40 ligth years experiences less then 2 years of time as he knows it. he will come back 38 some odd years younger then the rest of the world.

Last edited by Ni2; 05-18-2011 at 07:49 PM..
 05-19-2011, 01:13 AM         #82
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im almost positive its measured by our perspective on earth. its how we measure distance. you can say something is 100 light years away and we understand that it takes 100 years of our time to reach us. what you are implying is that if something is 100 light years away you take 100x22.37 and thats the real amount of earth years it takes to reach us. because you would enter 100 in ship time. but that makes no sense what so ever. if you want to prove me wrong then prove that light is measured from its own perspective of time. light year is a measurement of distance. the time is a constant, as time perceived from earth.

you say enter ship time of 40. but from my understanding you wouldnt do that. you wouldnt do that if something was 100 light years away like i mentioned above. you dont need to calculate 100 light years in time because its a set time, one earth year=one light year. so you take 40 divide it by 22.37 that gives you a ship time of 1.7888 or something. you enter that and you see it will say 40 light years. yes you have to do it backwards because your calculator is used to measure the time dilation the traveler experiences. it shows that when he is traveling at light speed time has slowed down dramatically for him. its why in the paradox the person on earth would expect you to return in 40 years, 40 years older. but you havnt, you aged 1.788 years. but you are still gone for 40 years earth time. which 40 years on earth is the exact distance light travels in 40 light years. the person on the ship is using those numbers to calculate his distance in light years. so he says its been 1.788 years for him. he enters that number and he realizes he traveled 40 light years.

the calculator doesnt take a light year and calculate it into earth years. it calculates the time dilation a traveler at light speed experiences. time slows down for him so he used those calculations to measure his distance. or the amount of years passed on earth. either one really because an earth year and a light year are the exact same amount of time. but the key is he can measure his distance using the constant of our time. a single light year, a single year

a light year calculator would be irrelevant because its 1 year, anything x1.

Last edited by Ni2; 05-19-2011 at 01:36 AM..
 05-19-2011, 05:03 AM         #83
IronManStarks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7 years ago '05        #84
Dat 1 Dude 
space
space
$3,544 | Props total: 276 276
 FyreBlazer said:

No, you breathe a mix of nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen, methane, carbon dioxide and trace amounts of other gases.

People this is basic biology & astronomy.

And LMAO @ people saying "if i can't breathe it, it's not habitable" but yet n*ggas forgot about Avatar. Pandora was habitable but we couldn't breathe the air there. Same thing could apply to this.

And I'll add a muthafu*ka so you ignant n*ggas here me...

Pandora, the planet on the 3d movie??? THAT Pandora??
 7 years ago '07        #85
nwadei 34 heat pts34
space
space
$4,394 | Props total: 1 1
 Dos-effect said:
The only catch?

Dude thats Mars........wtf
who told you that mars is 20 lightyears away? Its right here in our solar system and takes some months to get there with current rocket technology
 05-19-2011, 07:45 AM         #86
Codizzle313  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant breath on it lmao seems like a trip no one wants to fu*king make why post such stupid sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now